Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!
Author
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The returned episodes have been announced as The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear, minus Episode 3.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
With 2 weeks to the 50th. The trailers have been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6FMCqYrBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkq8pnvsnQg
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Night of the Doctor. The Day of the Doctor prequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

Did I mention Paul McGann.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm glad the rumours were correct. Mr. Green

EDIT Big Finish companions ARE CANON!
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but there is a drama about the origins of the TV series showing in the UK soon which looks like it could be interesting.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
An Adventure in Space and Time trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwikIhEZrE
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Giant wrote:
The Night of the Doctor. The Day of the Doctor prequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

Did I mention Paul McGann.

Not even Christmas, yet I got an early gift. So good. :3
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched An Adventure in Time and Space. Such a brillant doco-drama.

We are now a few hrs away from the 50th. 6.50am on abc1.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Capaldi! All thirteen Doctors! Mr. Green

Oh, and no Rose. Technically.

Plus, the wedding of Tenth and Eilizabeth I.

Not to mention the human/Zygon peace treaty.

But also Tom Baker as The Curator (WTF?)

And then the half-shown regenration from Hurt to Eccleston. Guess who didn't feature.

But not neccessarily in that order.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was pretty good, I think I'll need to watch it again later Smile
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Loved it. Was so funny how the doctors played off each other.

The final shot was great

How the hell did UNIT get Jack's time travel device? and what happened to jack? Jack still had it at the each of torchwood season 4.

I yelled HOLY ****!! will Capaldi's cameo.

Tom Baker would have been a nice suprise, if he didn't reveal it himself in a interview a few days ago.

Also the special also confirms that Capaladi is in fact the 13th doctor not the 12th. Since that military timelord says all 12 of them, Then you hear Capaldi say "no sir, all 13"

Here's the xmas trailer that abc1 didn't bother showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOOLd_44Mo
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Capaldi was not credited in the credits if you noticed but guest appeared in close up of he's eyes and you do hear his voice.
In the credits it listed the Doctors "in order from First to last"
John Hurts name was between McGann and Eccleston and so he is a "Warrior" Doctor or more like "War Doctor".
But not really considered or called "The Doctor" so is he really counted as one of the Doctors?

::Here's the confusing part::
When Capaldi said "All Thirteen" does that mean he was counting himself plus the "War Doctor"?
Because John Hurt "War Doctor" was also in one of the TARDIS's in saving Gallifrey...But since he's not really considered "The Doctor" as more of a "Warrior" and not really counted as a Doctor
or was he?
But Capaldi is still considered the Twelfth Doctor and NOT the Thirteenth Doctor...but if you count John Hurt then it's Thirteen...yes confusing.
So is "All Thirteen" could mean the Capaldi the twelfth Doctor counting himself plus John Hurt as the "War Doctor" therefor Thirteen Doctors at present.

I don't know whether to use spoiler tags on this one
Capaldi is still consider Twelfth even though Hurt insertion...because everywhere I look Capaldi is still labelled Twelfth Doctor and yet there is mention of Thirteen.
So writers are very specific on numbering from what they say.
So does John Hurt regen don't really count towards thirteen?

I also saw the mini episode "The Night of the Doctor" which shows a bit of McGann on how he become the "Warrior Doctor".
It only goes for like 7 minutes or something its very short.
But McGann could easily do a spin off series since he's time as a Doctor was only a movie and he has the shortest time as the doctor.

So will Matt time end a Trenzalore? We have to wait and find out how Capaldi comes into it.
Trenzalore is the end of Doctor, but the Doctor always tried to prevent his own end.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
::Here's the confusing part::(Spoilers)

That wasn't Capaldi's voice. If you pay close attention, it's the junior Time Lord responding in the War Room.

As for the credits, it's easier, and good for PR, to just list Hurt as The Doctor. Whether the Doctor refers to that incarnation as the Doctor or not is really the only determinant for the numbering.

Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
And then the half-shown regenration from Hurt to Eccleston. Guess who didn't feature.

Actually if you watch closely when all the Doctors are reporting in he was there. That was new footage, or at least new dialogue dubbed over old footage (much like Davidson, Baker II and McCoy and McGann did). Which means that had all surviving actors participate in some degree. He may just not have been available for more.

All in all... fantastic!
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The xmas special is called The Time of the Doctor.

Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched "An adventure in time and space", which I think was really well done, much of the story I knew but not a lot of the details.

Probably a must see for any fans of the series, and it was also oddly nice to see the BBC TVC set up to look it did in the 60's (apparently it was filmed as one of the last things before it was closed down for refurbishment/development so they were able to redecorate parts of it to match the era and actually film some of it in the real locations).

On a semi related note, there is a book called VFX which is basically a brief history of the visual effects department at the BBC which has a couple of sections on Doctor Who and is a nice read if you're interested in that sort of thing (I was lucky enough to pick up a copy at a small show where one of the organisers was one of the authors, so got it signed).
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally, I thought Including Capaldi was a nice touch, though I find myself half-thinking that it would have been better if he did a bit more in it.

Tom Baker as the Curator was also really good. It does make the timey-wimey ball considerably more wibbly-wobbly, but we're used to that with Doctor Who.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Series 8 will not be split apart like series 6 and 7.

Moffat confirms matt smith is the 13th doctor.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/british-tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a536819/doctor-who-matt-smith-is-the-13th-doctor-says-steven-moffat.html

Quote:
Smith is generally regarded as the show's 11th Time Lord, but the introduction of John Hurt's 'War Doctor' and David Tennant's aborted regeneration in 2008 episode 'The Stolen Earth' means that he is in fact the 13th and final incarnation.

"We'll find out [in the Christmas special] that Matt Smith is actually the 13th Doctor," showrunner Moffat confirmed to Radio Times. "Although everyone knows that the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times.

"That 12 times limit is a central part of Doctor Who mythology - and science fiction is all about rules, right? So if the Doctor can never change again, what's Peter Capaldi doing in the Christmas Special?"

Moffat also addressed the Doctor's regeneration limit last month - the concept first being established in 1976 adventure 'The Deadly Assassin'.

"[The eighth Doctor] Paul McGann turns into John Hurt so they're not the same incarnation," he said. "He used up another regeneration and I expect he'll be in trouble shortly."
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That makes things a bit more complicated. Still, I've always expected that when the time comes The Doctor's regeneration limit would be worked around somehow, so I see no reason he can't regenerate into Peter Capaldi.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to say the guy Moffat is really giving us a mind bender with all his comments.
First he says this and then he says that which just contradicts everything he said before.
Playing mind games with us all. Laughing

I rather watch the series and be left satisfied that the whole regeneration doesn't exist or that somehow the Doctor resets the regen limit back to zero...either way or some how I rather not get into this regen limit mind game that's being going on for the past 50 years now.

Having a regen limit means the show will end at some point.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:
That makes things a bit more complicated. Still, I've always expected that when the time comes The Doctor's regeneration limit would be worked around somehow, so I see no reason he can't regenerate into Peter Capaldi.

As far as I knew the regeneration limit was not biological, but rather a rule set up by the time lords (which could obviously be broken seeing as the Doctor still thinks Gallifrey is gone). Granted Moffat's writing has always been rubbish and self-contradictory in my opinion so it'll probably change every second episode and be needlessly complicated and therefore nonsensical anyway Rolling Eyes
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sylontack wrote:
[..]

As far as I knew the regeneration limit was not biological, but rather a rule set up by the time lords (which could obviously be broken seeing as the Doctor still thinks Gallifrey is gone).

That's pretty much my understanding of it (except I think it normally required the high council or underhand dealings to get extra regenerations).

For example it's been said in the TV series in the past that the council could offer additional regenerations for exceptional service to the council (one of the classic who stories had that as a key point from memory), and the Master has had a few stories where he's trying to gain additional regenerations (or even a complete new cycle), as the motive behind his actions.

Given the fact they were fighting effectively a war of survival it would sort of tie in if the High Council may have made plans to allow for certain people (those fighting at a certain level, or issued certain tasks/equipment) the ability to have multiple regenerations as needed - when you're fighting an enemy that is as hard to kill as the Daleks are meant to be, and as numerous, it would make sense to give your key fighters any advantage possible (and the Pond child/River Song story sort of suggests that indeed being able to regenerate may be related to the effects of the tardis - which also ties in to what Rose/the heart of the Tardis seemed to do with Captain Jack*).

I also remember one of the books (not 100% sure if it was canon, but it was one of the ones the BBC had on it's Who "cult" subsite for years), where the Doctor returned to his "house" and ended up solving a mystery about a potential unauthorized time lord birth - IIRC in that story it was basically implied that most of the time lords who have the ability to regenerate belong to a great house (both in classical terms, and literal terms) with the numbers strictly regulated, and new TL's basically being created by a machine in the house/linked to the house.

So 13 regenerations seems more like an artificially imposed rule, or a guide/the societal norm to help prevent massive over population, rather than a strict hard and fast biological limit, given that both on screen and off it's been broken in the past.

*What appears to be an uncontrolled, unlimited regenerative ability that is possibly slightly faulty (the ability to heal without changing form again ties into where one of the new doctors lost his hand shortly after/during regeneration and regrew it).
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
What appears to be an uncontrolled, unlimited regenerative ability that is possibly slightly faulty (the ability to heal without changing form again ties into where one of the new doctors lost his hand shortly after/during regeneration and regrew it).

Yes, but in that particular case it was specifically stated to be left over energy from the regeneration since it takes a while for them to 'lock in' as it were, supported by classic Who where Romana went through several forms when she regenerated before finally settling on Lala Ward.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Full xmas trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNnTDiLOd4&feature=youtube_gdata
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching The Time of the Doctor certainly was an interesting WOW moment.
The Doctor calling the Cyberman head 'Handles' was touching.
Also the Doctor must have been on Trenzalore for quite sometime to age that much and yet calling himself the last regeneration cycle.

Also every time Clara went back an forth to Trenzalore and Earth she was only gone for like a few minutes on Earth but it seemed like she had been away for years on Trenzalore.

Also Clara showed she had that typical companion "I don't want to be left behind" scenario was touching.
I was also touching to see Clare didn't want to see the Doctor to change, but the Doctor had already accepted he's fate and he's new regeneration cycle....or is that "new regeneration cycles".

This is probably the one of the first few times the Doctor actually accepted his fate to change.
Some Doctor's in the past didn't like to regenerate as they didn't want to go.

It sounds interesting that Gallifrey is on the other side of crack in time (crack in the wall)...but seeing last episode it really does kinda add up since Gallifrey would be in another universe.

A bit of an Amy Pond hallucination farewell was also touching moment since it was the first person he me after he's last regeneration.

There was a few old sayings like 'Silence will fall" and of course "Doctor Who".

It was also interesting to Orla Brady cast in the show, who played Tasha Lem.
Orla Brady has also done Fringe and Sinbad series.
Fringe one of my favourite shows...she plays Walter Bishops wife.
She played Taryn in Sinbad and she still had that smokey raccoon eyed makeup like she did Sinbad and Doctor Who...it's kinda good look for her.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I enjoyed the Christmas special a lot, it seemed to tie up a lot of the questions raised in the last few seasons.

However Am I the only one who gets the vibe that Tasha Lem could almost be a regeneration of River Song? (or RS a regeneration of TL).
The comments about the "offshoot" of the church making a psychopath to kill the Doctor, the fact she referred to herself as "holding down the psychopath inside for so long" (or something similar), the way the Doctor treated her (and her treatment of him), the fact she could fly the TARDIS easily (as could River Song), but commented that it was harder to fly the doctor..It was very much like the interaction between RS and the Doctor, and we know RS had regenerative abilities, but their timelines where very much running in opposite directions.
The only real spanner in the works is the dalekification.

The regeneration/attack he used on the Dalek ship also seemed very similar to what Rose Tyler did when she had the heart of the tardis in her from memory.

As I say I really liked it Smile
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soul Master Kaze wrote:
I'm wondering whether they're going to retcon the 'limited number of regenerations' thing, though. Not that that'll stop them, if the writers are determined enough, it didn't stop the Master.

In light of the Christmas special, I'm quoting myself from 2011.

My feelings on it were that the episode was generally good, though I'm a bit pissed that we didn't see any more of John Hurt as The Doctor.

EDIT: Several days later, I figured out that I'd missed an episode. I am not a smart man.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Capaldi costume revealed.

The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Season 8 will air in August.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, Eighth Doctor and Twelfth Doctor in drag, fighting over Keeley Hawes, anyone?
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Series 8 episode 8 will we finally see the Mummy on the Orient Express. It's the phone call the doctor received at the end of series 5.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ABC is going to simulcast Deep Breath on the morining of 24 August. BBC's exact broadcast time tbc.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Channel 11 is finally showing Torchwood: Miracle Day since the final season has never been shown on free-to-air...until now.
So talk about BLOODY TIME THEY SHOWED IT...the show finished up in 2011 and it's now 2014...so why the very long wait for some Tv network to buy the rights to showing it.

Torchwood has been show repeatedly on ABC and channel 11 twice over and so far they have never even reached beyond season 2.
So it's very rare to see Children of Earth and Miracle Day on free-to-air Tv.

So I'm back to watching Torchwood in a long time.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Episode titles are officially out.

1 - Deep Breath (by Steven Moffat)
2 - Into The Dalek (by Phil Ford and Steven Moffat)
3 - Robot Of Sherwood (by Mark Gatiss)
4 - Listen (by Steven Moffat)
5 - Time Heist (by Stephen Thompson and Steven Moffat)
6 - The Caretaker (by Gareth Roberts and Steven Moffat)
7 - Kill The Moon (by Peter Harness)
8 - Mummy On The Orient Express (by Jamie Mathieson) This is the phone call the doctor received at the end of series 5
9 - Flatline (by Jamie Mathieson)
10 - In The Forest Of The Night (by Frank Cottrell Boyce)
11/12 - Dark Water/Death In Heaven (by Steven Moffat) it's a 2 parter finale.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watched the new Doctor Who. Oh, my god, that ending. That was beautiful.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A solid start for Capaldi. No complaints about the phone call at the end. Also, I do hope Missy is a new character who has long-term viability (ie beyond just the one storyline/season).
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, uh, that was interesting.

Also noticed that they've decided to actually have a Scottish doctor this time. I guess Capaldi's estuary wasn't as good as Tennant's.

I can't help but feel that this is the kind of thing that John Nathan-Turner envisioned back in the 1980s with the transition from Peter Davison to Colin Baker, switching from a younger Doctor to an older one, with an accompanying change in temperament that should have been conveyed to the audience through the companion character. Unfortunately, because it was the 1980s, and because nobody at the time had figured out how to write proper companions yet, the end result was... jarring and not that great.

So it's now 30 years later and I can't help but feel that there was an awareness of Colin Baker's first story (The Twin Dilemma) when creating this. The Doctor is unstable and alarmingly antagonistic towards Clara (just as Baker's Doctor was towards Peri), and Clara is forced to deal with this. What the writers have done this time (aside from having learned to write proper companions now) is make everything else about the episode familiar. Aside form Clara, we have Madame Vastra and her crew, and a lot of references to previous episodes (both from the new series and the classic series). This all helps to ease everyone into the new Doctor, and means that the transition to him isn't as jarring as it might be.

I kind of like that the series has been dealing with the rather alien concept of regeneration much better too. New series regeneration episodes all make it clear that this is traumatic not just for the Doctor, but for those around him, and this episode conveyed that well, though the freshly-regenerated-doctor-in-pajamas thing is getting a bit tired.

I like that they made Capaldi's age an issue, given that the three previous Doctors have all been in their twenties or thirties. I think that his age will prove to be his biggest strength, as he can bring a lot of gravitas to the role without having to rely on the manic energy that, say, Matt Smith had to use to overcome his limited acting experience. There's a lot more that could be done with that, and it seems the show is going that way. Besides, Clara offers up enough manic energy on her own, and is definitely the second-best companion in the new series behind Donna.

All that said, the new opening credits can I'M TOO DUMB TO FIND OTHER WORDS TO USE SO I USE THE F WORD right off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm personally wondering if they're going to follow up on the fact that The Doctor has borrowed the appearance of someone he's already met when regenerating.

Granted it's not without precedent. The name of Lalla Ward's original character escapes me that Romana regenerated into is the first to spring to mind and Colin Baker had a cameo as 'Random background Time Lord' before becoming The Doctor.

But unlike Romana, the Doctor's regenerations are rarely, if ever, under what you might call controlled circumstances, but this episode did imply that something is influencing his him.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Princess Astra and Commander Maxil.

They never made anything of Amy Pond having appeared in the same episode that Capaldi appeared in, so I doubt they will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peter Purves was also a different character in Steven's first story (no explaination given), Nicholas Courtney was Sara's brother in the Daleks' Master Plan, Ian Martyr was a sailor in a Pertwee story (again, no explaination), Freema Agyeman was Martha's cousin in the previous series finale (established during Martha's season), Eve Myles played Gwen's supposed ancestor in series one (suggested in Gwen's DW appearance)...

John Leeson was an onscreen character in The Power of Kroll, due to K-9's non-appearance.

The explaination thing would seem to be a new series thing.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On a completely diffent topic, ABC will be continuing the simulcasts throughout series 8. Into the Dalek, 4:30am Sunday, 31 August.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought Capaldi's introduction was quite good.

The conversation with the homeless man in the alley way was good.
The Doctor: "I'm Scottish...that's good I can complain about things."

But yeah it kinda strange that Clara of all people would sort of complain that he's old again and yet Madam Vastra and Jenny are arguing about what has appearance got to do with anything.
Notice Madam Vastra had the veil covering her face and next minute she didn't have it on and then Clara commented on "When did you remove the veil", which goes to show Clara needs to open her eyes more and notice things.

Then the Doctor at one point calling Clara a control freak, which goes to show Clara is not really in her right mind throughout the whole episode and not noticing things clearly, or not seeing that the Doctor is still there but with a different face.
I think it goes to show Clara is "not use to change" or the fact that she just misses the old Doctors face.
Also Clara commented on that she "didn't know who the Doctor was anymore" which shows she's a little messed up with all things that have happened.

So the final scene with Clara on the phone with the old Doctor was a touching moment as it sort helped Clara with 'closure' and lighten her mood and open her eyes, that Doctor she knows is still there but with a different face.
I have to admit that scene was done well but it's probably the first for me to see a companion sort of dazed and confused over a new Doctor that she thought would stay young looking.

I have to admit every time a new Doctor arrives the Doctor is always a little bit dazed and confused and a bit kooky and crazy at the same time like he's having an identity crisis.

One thing I noticed was that some previous Doctors usually show that the Doctor needs something to eat or drink after a fresh regeneration.
Matt Smith was fish fingers in custard and David Tennant was Tea.
But I guess it depends what causes them to regenerate in the first place to need such food craving to help with the regeneration process or the fact that it just helps burn off what ever caused them to regenerate in the first place.

But Capalid's regeneration probably was no normal regeneration as it was more like a gift of life or extra cycles of lives...but it didn't really show that he craved food of some sorts.
But it did show he needed sleep like David Tennant.
But yeah running him running around in he's pajamas for the whole episode is sort of old and has been done before with Tennant.
But I do like Capaldi's choice on he's official Doctors attire though.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay. I love what they're doing with Capaldi's Doctor, but wow... I'm both intrigued and incredibly frightened by this man.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tennant is my favourite Doctor, and Donna is the greatest companion ever. Matt Smith is okay so far, but I'm enjoying the people around him far more so far. I'm looking forward to Capaldi, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After seeing the second episode I started to notice a few things..."Paradise" and who is "Missy"

Episode One The Cyborg is seeking "Paradise" or "the Promised Land" but in conclusion to the episode I noticed The Cyborg was impaled on a building after falling from his ship...so their for he died and woke up in "Paradise".

Now I notice "Paradise" was shown briefly again in episode two Into the Dalek after one of the soldiers dies and then ends up in "Paradise"

Now I notice one of you (The Giant) posted the episode names and one is called "Death in Heaven" to which is might relate to "Paradise and who is Missy"

---------------------------Side note -----------------------------------------
But personally I think we shouldn't post episode names long before we see them otherwise is sort of spoils what's to come and becomes that "Fixed point in time" Doctor who rule.

Which is a bit like Amy Pond's last episode in that "The Doctor accidentally reading River Song's book chapter names on the first page before reading the actual book" and their for knowing the ending before it happens, to which the Doctor doesn't like spoilers because its a "Fixed point in Time" that cannot be changed if something bad happens.

Notice River Song words "Spoilers" because she never tells the Doctor what's going to happen because it can become a "fixed point in time" to which the Doctor cannot change.
To which River knows the rules of Time travel.
--------------------------end of Side Note -------------------------------------

Another thing has started to puzzle me about episode two was that it made me think back to last two seasons on How did Clara end up a Dalek
Now thinking back to episode two "Into the Dalek is basically another version of "Jules Verne Fantastic Voyage" The Doctor and Clara shrink down to miniature size and go inside a Dalek.

But when I start reading up about Clara I forgot how she ended up a Dalek.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
But I'm starting to wonder if this episode sort of relates to when Clara ended up a [*snip*]

The Clara in Asylum of the Daleks was basically a Dalek who had its memories and personality overwritten by Clara. The Clara we "saw" was just a delusion of the "Clarek". That's how I saw it, anyway.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You beat me to it The Tragic Man as I was sort of editing my posts and I was just looking up about Clara and a few Dalek episodes on the Internet to remind me if I missed it or not.
Apparently I haven't missed it...it's just that sometimes I like to recall episodes from the past two seasons that can relate to future episodes.

example is Clara "first appearance" when Amy & Rory are still companions to the Doctor and fighting the Daleks and so Clara is this "Impossible girl" that suddenly helps them and so it makes you think she's been around before you realize it.

I notice episode one "Deep Breath" the newspaper ad saying " Impossible girl lunch" on the other side of the newspaper to which Clara and the Doctor wondering who wrote the ad.
To which made me thinking another version of Clara may have wrote the ad to herself.

Also it seem "Missy" is going to questioned throughout this season and where is "Paradise".

But that's the thing about Doctor who series is that you have to watch episode more that twice to pick up on things you didn't notice before.
I've already seen episode one "Deep Breath" twice and noticed a few things.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Doctor Who, new adventure, and man, it was an adventure. Swashbuckling action, fun characters, dashing hero, nefarious villian, humourous banter, robot knights... That was fun!

The clash of egos between the Doctor and Robin alone was worth the price of admission. Hell, the archery torunament had me smiling like a kid, and laughing hysterically. ...and the spoon. Enough said.

It had it's share of serious character moments that complimented the liveley moments greatly.

After two episodes that scared the hell out of me, as much, if not more so by the Doctor, it was great to have a fun, popcorn adventure to balance things out.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Robin Hood episode was funny when at the Archery tournament.
Each of them splitting the arrow multiple times...it was hilarious.

First Robin splits the sheriffs arrow and then the Doctor splits the Robins arrow.
Then Robin splits the Doctors arrow before the Doctor could take the golden arrow as his prize.
The Doctor then fires an arrow bouncing off an knights armour and splits the arrows once more.
The Robin does he's I'm-not-even-looking and spits the doctors arrow.
Then Doctor just got annoyed and blew up the entire target up with his sonic screwdriver. LOL.

Funny I didn't know the Doctor didn't like Banter...or maybe this is just the Doctors new personality that we are seeing.
I have to admit watching Capaldi as the Doctor I'm now starting to see more of he's personality and seeing that it's a little bit more different than Matt smiths Doctor.

Once again we get a hint of The promised land to which the alien ship was trying to get to.
So throughout this season I'm starting to see something that's got to do with the promised land or "Paradise" that everyone wants to get to.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Page 23 of 24

Jump to: