Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think Capaldi is great as the Doctor, but he's being let down by some weak writing. This week's episode may just be the worst episode since Daleks In Manhattan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doctor Who… New Episode. Uh? Mind blown. Creepy. Enlightening. I, uh…? Wow. Words hard to formulate.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Episode Listen has to one of the most confusing episodes I've seen so far and it felt a bit all over the place.

It did have that creepiness about it, but also it was mixed with a 'bad date' that seemed to go wrong even the second time around after Clara went back a tried to fix it the first time.

One thing was who were the 'monsters under the bed or more like on the bed' and who was knocking at the door when there's no one left in the universe?
Was the Monster under bed even 'real' or 'just ones own mental fear'?
Whatever the entity is we will never know but it seems to feed off fear.

Clara under the bed and grabbing the "young Doctors foot" surprised me, as this is what made the Doctor scared in the first place.
But why did they show a John Hurt's Doctor? Is it because this is what drives the Doctor to be like he is today because of Clara little speech to the scared young doctor calming him down to face his fears.
I guess you can say this is the "origin of the Doctor" and what made him who he is.

Earths first time traveller Orson Pink some how lost in time like Robinson Crusoe on an island...but who was he also related to other than Danny Pink (well actually Rupert Pink)?
Rupert changed his name because of a toy named 'Dan the Soldier' which was inspired by Clara and the Doctor in overcoming his own fears.
But with the little help of the Doctors telepathy in wiping he's memory made Rupert inspire him to change he's name because of Dan the soldier.

Also is Orson Pink related to Clara in that Danny and Clara end up together...its possible.

I might have to watch this episode twice to get all my answers.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Knight of L-sama
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because it was the same barn that the War Doctor went to when he was going to activate The Moment
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knight of L-sama wrote:
spoiler

Ah I sort of didn't pick up on that part...thanks for answering about that part.
I knew John Hurt was the War Doctor but didn't know that moment was some how related to the War Doctor.
I now sort of understand it now...Clara realised that she was the monster under the bed, but it also inspired him to overcome his own fears and helping him become a true potential Time lord.
So I guess the barn is the area where the War Doctor wanted to overcome his greatest fear.

I'm still looking up a lot of topics written about this episode on the Internet but some have given me insightful clues and answers.
But the episode does feel like it leaves you up the air and makes you go around asking questions and so forth.

But the episode never really showed the entity and why its somehow connected to Pink family line.
But one thing I do know about this episode was that The Doctor help Rupert with his fear and replaced it with Dan the soldier who could overcome fear.
Clara then used the Doctor's same own words that he used on Rupert to overcome he's fears on The young Doctor himself which was a surprising result.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope to get to the Doctor Who Symphonic Spectaular in Adelaide on 24 January 2014.

http://www.aso.com.au/products/2015/special-events/dr-who-symphonic-spectacular

Coming to Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Aukland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTRuSKSqLg
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"To Push or Not Push the button" was the theme for this weeks episode.
Clara was pushed to breaking point as the Doctor refused to help since he felt it wasn't his job to interfere with Human history and that it was up to the Humans or womankind to decided the fate of the Moon.

An Astronaut, a school Teacher and school Student were left to decide the fate of the Moon that could affect the fate of the Earth.
But we all sort of know the Doctor intentions was to never harm an innocent life form at any stages of his time travels.
But when it comes to Humans and humanity it always seems humans are always selfish and think about their own survival.

It was almost like Spock logic (Star Trek) say "Needs of the many outweigh the needs of few" but this logic can be illogical due to humanity's own selfish needs, since Humans didn't know the outcome of what was going to happen.

Only school teacher and school student decision were the only ones that saved both the Earth and the Moon over the Astronaut and the Earth's decision to destroy any threat.
So did the Doctor have "faith" in Clara and Courtney decision in knowing they will make the right decision.

Even though things ended well it didn't seem to psychologically end well for Clara as it seemed to put strain on their relationship between her and the Doctor.
Clara for one didn't like to be put on the spot on having to decide the fate of the Moon over the fate of the earth.
It was only a selfless act that save them all.

The Doctor in the past was always seen humans as stupid and selfish but somehow the doctor seemed to have faith in Clara and Courtney's decision.
The Doctor saying "Not bad for a school girl and her teacher" who made the right decision.
Courtney's seemed happy with her decision but Clara felt patronized by being put on the spot of decision making.

Will this be the end for Clara's time travels with the Doctor?
Companions always seem to leave when they become sick of travelling or putting up with the Doctor logical way of thinking.

We all sort of understand Clara's tears as she argued that the Doctor comes to our planet and breaths our air and that Earth is also like his second home and that he should also help.

But the Doctor obeys the rule that Human's should work things out themselves.
Which is like the Star Trek federation rule "The prime directive" in which that no other alien race should interfere with another alien race's fate.

So will Clara eventually leave? Well it seems so.
Jenna Coleman last episode will be the Christmas episode.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've started to notice the Doctor is a bit more "emotionally cold towards others".
I guess you can say the Doctor is more grumpy and cynical and emotionally abusive towards Clara's boyfriend Danny.

Also even Clara's earlier little spat with the Doctor she has also started to notice the doctor is emotionally cold towards others.
I'm started to agree and notice with Clara in that she has notice the Doctor gets a thrill of exploring and seeking danger, but when it comes to saving others the doctor really does need a companion to help him with he's emotions of sympathy for others.

Does the doctor have any sympathy? or even empathy? to understand other persons feelings.
The Doctor saves people but does he care for collateral damage of others that he just can't save.
Its like he can only save as many as he can and can't save everyone.

In this weeks episode Clara called herself "Doctor Clara" and had to be in the Doctors shoes to do all the saving.
But even Clara questions the Doctors methods of saving people and lying to people.
The Doctor saying "Lie to them and give them hope that you can save them and even if its false hope as people with hope seemed to have better chance at survival"
Clara doesn't like lying to people again, but she did it to save people as much as she could...like you can't save everyone.
Remember River Song saying the doctor Number #1 rule was that "The doctor lies"

At the end Clara did a good job but even the doctor can't say or admit it that she did a good job.
Clara saying "You can't say it can you? That I did a good job"?
The Doctor again is sort of emotionally cold and won't admit it that Clara did a good job.

Also Clara again feels she is caught out by lying to people and even to boyfriend Danny.
One thing we sort of know about Danny is that he doesn't like people lying to him.
Even the Doctor has picked up that Clara has said that she's staying with the Doctor but yet hasn't told Danny yet...so we have to wait and see how Danny response to finding out Clara lying and not saying she's still with the Doctor.

But this weeks episode with the shrinking Tardis was quite amusing and the Boneless aliens (to what the doctor is now calling them) was quite a good little episode.

Each time I watch this season I'm starting to see more of the Doctors personality and seeing how Clara adapts to the new Doctor.

Question is do you like Peter Capaldi's version of the Doctor?
I'm not saying 'Do you like Peter Capaldi as an actor?', 'I'm saying do you like his version of the Doctor's personality as written by producers?'

Peter is a good actor, but is the Doctor written by producers a bit more emotionally colder.
The previous Doctors were a bit more bumbly and hyperactive but this one seems more darker and cynical and seems a bit grumpy and comes off cold towards others and lacks moral.

I remember David Tennant's version of The Doctor was that he came off more emotionally sad for the ones he lost and couldn't save.
When in one episode of David's Tennant's Doctor he had flashbacks of all the people he couldn't save...to one of the flashback was of Kylie Minogue as guest to how she sacrifice herself to save the doctor.
The Doctor remembers the ones he couldn't save but emotionally it was too heart breaking to think about and come to terms with it.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, Steven Moffat. You got me! I didn't see that coming.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most of the rest of the internet did, apparently.

I'm a bit disappointed they went the obvious route. I'd have thought it more interesting if Missy -> Mistress -> what K-9 calls Romana. But now we're back to "now get out of that!" pantomime stuff of the 80s.

However the one good thing out of all this should be that the search for Gallifrey arc gets some momentum.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Colin Baker's doing a regeneration story. (Audio, but still...)
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, my business is starting a live watch of the revival, starting 9am 26/3, with Rose. Come participate! https://www.facebook.com/groups/ratimelive
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 24 of 24

Jump to: