Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What anime are you watching right now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
What anime are you watching right now?
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Am halfway thru The Devil is a Part-timer and am really loving this series. The situations that come up are funny and the misunderstandings that follow make it highly enjoyable. The characters are a lot of fun including the secondary ones who help push the series. The secondary female who is small but with huge breasts has become a force to be reckoned with.

There's some nudity, though not much and there's a potential for it to become a great harem series. I'm really looking forward to watch the second half of the series.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeff wrote:
Last night rewatched a classic Gunbuster it was every bit as good as I remembered it. Still one of the best endings in anime.

The last episode of Gunbuster almost always has me with wet eyes practically throughout.

It's odd as the first time I tried to watch it I could barely make it through the first couple of episodes, but it became one of my favourites.
jeff
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night watched the first disc (episodes 00 & 1)of Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works on Blu Ray. It looked & sounded just as excellent as I expected.

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
Icaras
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started watching Gurren Lagan on Netflix (local) the otehr day. Quite enjoying it so far, but kicking myself for checking a wiki and seeing some spoilers re: certain characgters (I always do that to myself, I never learn Sad )
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching The Devil is a Part-timer and really loved it. There's a bikini ep which I loved Wink, but it also helped the story along on top of the laughs I got from it. It didn't turn into a harem series, though if they did a second season, it could. I would definitely sign a petition for a second season to be done. There's certaintly enough material for a second season to be done. May the battle of Mg Ronalds and Sentuky Fried Chicken carry on. Very Happy

Also started watching season 2 of Jormungand and the opening ep is different to the manga for part of it. The manga concentrates on Koko, but the first ep of season 2 fleshes out Karin after what happened at the end of season 1. The manga didn't do that, so I'm pleasantly suprised on that. There's a couple minor additions, but overall the ep matches that with the manga.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest which should be finished within the next 48hrs and I can then say if it ends the same way as the manga.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just finished Shirobako. Terrific to the end.

Given it was planned early on to be a 4-cour/50-ish episode series (each cour would have Miyamori go further up the production order), I think shortening it to 24 episodes allowed the show to concentrate the drama. Still, I'd like to see the Donut Quintet make their Seven Lucky Battle Gods anime at some point.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still watching Jormungand and it's still following the manga. A bit scary in that regard, though they do expand on the events and I feel that the anime links the storyline a bit better than the manga a few times. There's a bit of a repeat of the first ep tied in to one of the eps in the anime that wasn't in the manga, which sort of throw me off.

I don't like the english VA for one of the characters that comes into play. He sounds wrong. The other VA's have been pretty decent, but not this person.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Jormungand and it does follow the manga completely. The bit on Karin that I mentioned in an earlier post shows up later on in the manga, but I think the anime worked it better as it didn't act as a flash back near the end. Some things are glossed over in the anime that gets more attention in the manga, which I wouldn't have minded seeing, but that's a minor blip on the radar. Also the little bits at the end of each manga volume wasn't added in the extras of the anime. I especially found the Munmungand The Great extra at the end of vol 9 of the manga to be funny. Smile That wasn't in the anime.Sad

There's some crappy rap music in the last ep of the anime which is background to Koko speaking which is freaking annoying. Wished Funimation never allowed it to happen, but unfortunately they did. Sad

The nude scenes which were in the second half of the manga are in the anime as well.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with how the anime mirrored the manga. The anime of course expands on the speach and action scenes, but it doesn't stray from the manga.

If you read the 11 volume manga and then watch the anime, you won't be disappointed in the accuracy of it all.

jeff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching part 1 of Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. An excellent version of the Fate/Stay storyline, certainly looking forward to part 2. Shinji needs to die in a fire though! And for the crime of making Saber cry Caster needs to meet a most painful end!

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Senran Kagura last week. Busty Ninjas that always lose their clothes when fighting. Fanservice! Fanservice everywhere! :3
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
Senran Kagura last week. Busty Ninjas that always lose their clothes when fighting. Fanservice! Fanservice everywhere! :3

Lol Tallis.

Been rewatching Hand Maid May. ^¿^ ^¿^

Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Log Horizon season 2. Now a bit lost on what to watch next out of my backlog. Have to many choices. Leaning towards Natsume's Book of Friends or Fate Stay Zero at the moment.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I watched the latest episode of Saekano on AnimeLab. I don't generally post for individual episodes, but this episode seemed overly endowed with T&A shots. It was rather distracting. Or maybe obvious. Whatever, it was noticeable. Maybe because there was less action, or a budget-saving measure. I hope the next episode is back to normal.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Finished watching Jormungand and it does follow the manga completely. The bit on Karin that I mentioned in an earlier post shows up later on in the manga, but I think the anime worked it better as it didn't act as a flash back near the end. Some things are glossed over in the anime that gets more attention in the manga, which I wouldn't have minded seeing, but that's a minor blip on the radar. Also the little bits at the end of each manga volume wasn't added in the extras of the anime. I especially found the Munmungand The Great extra at the end of vol 9 of the manga to be funny. Smile That wasn't in the anime.Sad

There's some crappy rap music in the last ep of the anime which is background to Koko speaking which is freaking annoying. Wished Funimation never allowed it to happen, but unfortunately they did. Sad

The nude scenes which were in the second half of the manga are in the anime as well.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with how the anime mirrored the manga. The anime of course expands on the speach and action scenes, but it doesn't stray from the manga.

If you read the 11 volume manga and then watch the anime, you won't be disappointed in the accuracy of it all.

Thanks for the info, mate Very Happy I might keep looking to get the volumes I am missing though

I just finished Xam'd Lost memories
I am still thinking the story over as though don't understand/digested the whole thing yet but wow what a ride. I wish it was a bit longer as some moments seemed a bit forced. The ending at the moment does not sit well with me

The music was extremely fitting and very nice I might try to get it somehow

The animation I thought was beautiful, incidentally am I going crazy or do older anime e.g. Xam'd and Eureka 7 look better and much more interesting then newer stuff, generally

I did miss one episode though, I got a disc with a manufacturing defect…..I’ve had some bad luck recently. This is the second in 2 months so have to wait for the replacement

I also finished cross ange
Not a whole to speak about, it was above average for me 6/7 but I did not take it seriously either. It at least has some interesting concepts in it I think
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Xamd music is pretty good. If you look at page 7 of the music purchases thread in the madhouse, you'll see my copy of the end music. Unfortunately the album didn't have the OP and the only version out is the full version that was a bit long.

Rewatched vols 1 & 2 of Dragon Drive and have started rewatching Gundam Wing.

Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've restarted watching a classic that I loved when it came out years ago, namely Haibane Renmei.

The first episode where Rakki's wings come out made me cringe.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished off Gundam Reconguista in G and Your Lie in April. I quite liked the newer Gundam, although I had the annoying wait of marathoning episodes 20-25 forgetting it had an extra episode and then going on holiday! While I enjoyed the series, I overall don't think it was as good as Gundam 00 which I thoroughly enjoyed because of political and international political themes.

Your Lie in April actually took a surprisingly long time to reach what was meant to be the tear jerker. I think this series may have had more of an emotional impact on me because of some family circumstances. I did enjoy the ride while it lasted and will likely watch it again at some point. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't started yet.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched Appleseed after finished off rewatching vols 1 and 2 of Gundam Wing.

I find it funny that in the ep where Duo goes to rescue Heero, that the computer monitor isn't showing Heero's health signs but on how to use TWAIN. I was going lol at that. Wink

lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished my mental choices are interfering with my school romantic comedy

it is not bad, not good either some of the jokes fell flat on me and it felt like it was building up to something but it never happened. perhaps a second season would fix this

Finished a certain magical index 2
if you like the first you would like this otherwise no changes
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finished Haibane Renmei, it's been rather a long time since I last saw it so I'd forgotten a lot.

Absolutely brilliant series that has held up really well over the last 10 years.

For some reason the last few episodes had me with teary eyes a lot of the time (I don't remember that happening last time I watched it).

I'm not sure what to watch next, but suspect something light and funny may be in order (so that rules out watching the Grave of the Fireflies blu-ray that has been sat on my shelf since it's release here...).
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
The first episode where Rakki's wings come out made me cringe.

Possibly the greatest single moment in anime, ever. Tears everytime.

Haibane Renmei is brilliant.

Currently loving Parasyte: The Maxim and Shirobako.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It'll be interesting on seeing how Parasyte compares to the manga. I absolutely love the manga, though from the pics I've seen of the anime, they've made Shinichi wear glasses where he didn't in the manga.

The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night I watched the first episode of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. It was funny and charming. I found the charcter designs to be a bit odd at first but it's nothin I can't het used to. After all, we've already had the Harui-chan and Nyoron-chan versions of these characters.

What's really going to take some time to get used to is non-robotic Yuki. She's adorable, but the change in personality is stark.

Asakura is still handy with a knife, and she's like Yuki's coach. Asakura and Tsuruya-chan are great rivals, trying to use Yuki and Mikiru as their proxies (although using Kyon as a reason).

I wonder how Haruhi and Itsuki will be dragged into this. They cameo in passing once or twice.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finished all 4 seasons of Natsume's Book of Friends. A rather enjoyable series and found it relaxing to watch.

Decided to that I'd watch another series out of my R1 backlog and am four episodes into Moribito Guardian of the Spirit. Liking what I've seen so far and really happy with my blind purchase a few years back.

Out of my crunchyroll backlog watched episodes 7-10 of Golden Time. Even though I really like this show I can't seem to watch more then a couple of episodes at a time.

Of the new season I have only watched Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon. I'm liking it so far and reminds me a lot of Tower of Druaga.

Plan to check out a few more shows later.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Bodacious Space Pirates last night. The name is still very much a misnomer and conveys the wrong idea as to what the show contains. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed it with the story arcs being decent.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Typhrus wrote:
The name is still very much a misnomer and conveys the wrong idea as to what the show contains.

Not necessarily. (Definiition 2(a) or (b).)
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Last night I watched the first episode of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. It was funny and charming. I found the charcter designs to be a bit odd at first but it's nothin I can't get used to.

I'll have to watch it with friends who watched the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya with me.

Having seen Minori Chihara (voice actress for Yuki Nagato) and Daisuke Ono (voice actor for Koizumi) live I feel a bit closer to the characters.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched vol 1 of FLCL on the way to work yesterday. It's been about a year since I last watched it. Wink

lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished Little Busters
I picked this up as a curiosity, I am glad I did it reminds me of angle beats quite a lot, I think it is one of best anime I have watched recently also awesome opening songs, very catchy

I also started watching refrain only up to episode 3 and I have alarm bells ringing that a upsetting event like the final episodes of angel beats or when everything hits the fan in stains gate is coming up very soon
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
[..]

Not necessarily. (Definiition 2(a) or (b).)

Hmm I might give you 2 (b). Happy to admit I'm wrong in this case though. It hasn't taken away from my enjoyment of the series.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Finished Little Buaster Refrain
T.T I was right sad moment came up and hit me then happy moment just like angel beats, I guess I have add little buster to very small list of anime that managed to upset me Smile

Refrain certainly makes the whole series better alot of the little things in the first season that bugged get resolved if i were to rate Season 1 alone would 6 maybe 7 out of 10 add refrain it easily goes up 8 maybe 9 out of ten for me anyway

if you like Angel Beats but wanted to be longer then I am pretty certain you will like Little Busters
jeff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night finished watching part 1 of Nobununga The Fool on BD. A rather interesting show so far. It has a rather interesting mix of historic peoples names in the cast.

R1 DVDs
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started watching Shangri La and it has been interesting though some of the english VA's are hard to understand at times.

I think Funimation has botched it up with several of the english VA's which is a shame as I'm enjoying it, but would enjoy it more if I could understand them better.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm onto disc 3 of Shangri-La and it's getting interesting. The VA's aren't being unintelligeble anymore and I'm really started to get absorbed into it. I like how there's 2 transgender characters in it who both play visable roles. Momoko is quite funny in his/her quips.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still watching Shangri-la and it continues to be enjoyable though a couple of characters are starting to really bug me.

Still though, I only have 6 episodes left and maybe something will be done to those pesky and annoying characters.

Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trying to finish up several series I've been streaming for ages. First up was "Kantai Collection (KanColle)". I'm not a gamer so there was never a snowball's chance in hell I'd even consider jumping though all the hoops to play this game. I've read that there's no story to the game, so I wasn't surprised that the story of the show was flimsy as hell. The best thing about the show were the battles and of course the character designs. The rather random swapping between CG models in battle to hand drawn animation for the Fleet Girls was baffling. The other strange thing was that fan favourite Shimakaze was barely in the show. Anthropomorphic mecha/girls has been done before and far better.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Shangri-La and it was overall not a bad series. There was a few tear jerker moments in it esp involving the transgender and transvestite characters and they were amongst my favourite characters as well.

It's worth at least a rewatch if only to watch the old otaku trio of guys. Wink

jeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had some free time today due to being sent home from work due to the crappy weather & work having no power so I watched the dubbed version of Madoka: Rebellion on Blu Ray. Just as trippy as I remembered it & makes a little more sense with the dub. The last 1/2 hour or so still has me scratching my head though.

R1 DVDs
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started rewatching Gadguard vol 1. Forgot that I still had it as I thought that I gave the boxset to my younger sister.

I really need to check who the mecha designer was as I believe that the person was responsible for Robotics;Notes.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched the first volume of Black Blood Brothers and cracked up laughing when Jiro was telling Mimiko about him drinking virgin blood. Smile

jeff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started watching Noir on Blu Ray. As expected it looks & sounds excellent, the show I sjust as good as I remember it. It must annoy Funimation to put ADV in the credits for doing the English version.

R1 DVDs
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Season 2 of "Love Live!". At first I didn't really get the show. It does reek of an otaku cash cow especially with the release of dozens of CDs a few years before the anime version. I'm not really a fan of Japanese idols and I thought the story was a little silly, but the characters are so damn endearing. It really shouldn't work as a show, I mean at first glance the characters are stereotypes and it all seems a bit schmaltzy, but somehow it's really fun. Loved it. Still a little put off by the CG models of the girls and felt a bit ripped off by the "see the movie!" ending, regardless, it's a great show. Can't wait for the NIS America BD set.

Edit: Oh Madman, I see you stuck this up yesterday you sneaky sods.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you aware that NISA recently announced that they're dubbing the series? Season 1 will be rereleased as a dual-language BD standard edition and season 2 will be dual-language from the first, presumably premium edition release.

Dubbing of the songs is currently unknown.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Are you aware that NISA recently announced that they're dubbing the series? Season 1 will be rereleased as a dual-language BD standard edition and season 2 will be dual-language from the first, presumably premium edition release.

It's baffling why NIS didn't do this in the first place considering fandom for this show is damn near a cult. I've already got the long box of season 1, so if they do a more regular Toradora rerelease style set in a nice chipboard box for season 2 and the film, I dunno if I'd rebuy the first season.

I might just buy the single BDs from Book-Off and Mandarake when I go to Japan in November (both seasons have English subs), because I'll probably buy the Japanese BD of the movie which will probably have English subs.
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the weekend I finished Watching Sankrea a rather fun series, left itself open for another season. Then watched Unbreakable Machine Doll a rather fun series, biggest problem being that whilst the arc finished several rather large overall plot points were nowhere near being answered, certainly needs another season. I then started watching Tokyo Ravens, a rather interesting show so far.

R1 DVDs
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Moribito Guardian of the Spirit, it was a really interesting show to watch, and believe it's one of the few series that I could get my mum to watch. Solid storyline with a solid ending.

Re-watched Ponyo with my friends year old. Had it on Japanese for 40 mins before she asked if I could change the voices because she didn't know what they were saying. The two year old just kept calling out fishy and boat whenever they were on screen Laughing

Took a break from anime to watch some Sci-fi. But thinking of starting Moeyo Ken next out of my R1 backlog.

Out of this seasons airing shows watching Rin-Ne. I really like Rumiko Takahashi work and loving this show just as much as Ranma 1/2.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Log Horizon

Really enjoyed it, felt a lot like spice and wolf with the main character not really being a combat powerhouse
I am not sure if it would appeal to all but it appeals to me
also another OST Id would like to get as well as it's OP I stopped watching it a couple of days ago and the theme song is still playing in my head
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched an episode of the second season of Kin-iro Mosaic while in Japan, looked good.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the first disc of Log Horizon and it was ok. There are funny moments, but overall, I feel that it's not as good as S.A.O or .hack//SIGN.

I think it's due to the fact that the main characters are already high lvl at the start and that they don't seem to care that they're trapped in there with no idea about what's happening to their bodies in the outside world.

Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Yurikuma Arashi". Not sure if I understood all of it. For example, what was up with all the horror film references? I suppose you could view it as a criticism on how lesbianism is portrayed in Japanese pop culture and society, or just run with it and enjoy the surrealism and Kunihiko Ikuhara's wicked sense of humour. Think I might to have to watch it again once the BD comes out.

Page 263 of 273

Jump to: