Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Ltd Edition Studio Ghibili Sets

The Ltd Edition Studio Ghibili Sets
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: The Ltd Edition Studio Ghibili Sets Reply with quote
Over the last month or so I've noticed the ltd ed Studio Ghibli boxsets at JB-Hifi. Not the one that just came out with all in the one box, but the individual one that cost around $90-$120 for each of the movies like Kiki's Delivery Service and The Wind Rises.

I'm tossing up on the Kiki's Delivery Service boxset which is bloody heavy and would like to know what people's opinion on them are.

If anyone here has bought one of those movie boxes, I'd really appreciate what you think of them.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got Totoro and The Wind Rises. I reckon they're good buys.

I think it depends on what your thoughts on artbooks are. The sets are cheaper than buying the BD, DVD and artbook individually from Madman (not to mention the exclusive components like box, postcards and other knickknacks). If you don't mind having a big chunky book to pull out every now and then and leafing through, looking at nice artwork, pick it up.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't mind artboxes if it's something that I really want. I got MM's Kiki's Delivery Service normal release when it first came out and hunted up the song "I'm Gonna Fly" by Sydney Forrest from that movie.

With what you've said, I'm more inclined to get it. If I do get it, I'll simply pass off my copy of the normal MM release to my younger sister like I've done in the past. She has quite a lot of my old dvd's.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: