Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What Live Action Movies/Series/Shows Are You Watching Now

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
What Live Action Movies/Series/Shows Are You Watching Now
Author
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is Warehouse 13 any good?
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the last Rurouni kenshin live action film, fantastic trilogy
What sci fi shows can you recommend from the last 5 or so years?
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been watching Master Chef and that continues to be pretty damn good. Once again, John has seriously f**ked things up and really wish that he'd go home already instead of doing just enough to force a better amateur chef to go home instead of him.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched Good Morning Vietnam with Robin Williams in it. It had been a long time since I last watched this movie and still loved it after all this time.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Guardians of the galaxy for the first time last night, would have to say it's the best marvel film so far.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched "The Cobbler" and "Chappie" in the last few days.

Both seemed to put enough effort into the story and acting to enable the suspension of disbelief.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Funny thing about Chappie is that has the band Die Antwoord as stars in the film and they even use there own stage names such as Ninja and Yolandi.

But its funny I watched a music video of Die Antwoord on RAGE before the movie came out called "Enter the Ninja".
But the song Enter the Ninja is actually in the movie.
But when I first saw Ninja in the movie I go "I know that guy he's a rap singer".

But Hugh Jackman's mullet is sure a laugh...but you sure can say Hugh doesn't look that great having a mullet. LOL
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Mad Max:Fury Road last week. Loved it! "What a lovely day!"
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Mad Max Fury Road" was great, I think I got back from the cinema spotted that amazon had it for pre-order (no date) and promptly ordered it.

I've been watching "How I met your mother" which I originally started when I got the seasons 1-5 set cheap, and only just watched seasons 6-9 when I got the 1-9 set for less than seasons 8 & 9 Smile
It's quite a good sitcom that has serious elements, I didn't quite see the ending coming (well until about an episode or so before it).
Spoilers for the last season.
where you find out that he's telling the story to his kids several years after the mother died in a preamble to asking them if it was all right if he dated someone else again. I think my reaction was "well damn if that isn't slightly anime" as it was both quite sad that the mother was in fact dead after spending 9 seasons working up to meeting her, but also the happy ending.

As a family we're currently watching season 6 of Justified which is proving to be very good, I'm looking forward to the last episode of the season tonight.

I'm going to try and finish off Community as my next series, and w'll probably watch GOT as the next family series.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Max: Fury Road is good and I enjoyed it.
I did read up saying this is like a feminist propaganda film due to the females in the film...well anyway I still enjoyed it.
I did hear they might do possible sequels in the future such as Mad Max: Furiosa or it could just be just another one called Mad Max: The Wasteland...so one to look out for in future.

The good thing about Mad Max is that it STILL feels 'Australian owned' and it still has Australian cast members in the film...look closely and you will notice a few Australian faces in Fury road.

Saw Terminator: genisys...very good...didn't expect to see a whole lot of re-done Terminator 1 scenes in the film.
If you remember all the scenes in Terminator 1 you will recognize a few scenes...but this time its done with different actors.
But its a good movie.
Arnie saying "I'm old, but not obsolete" is probably the next catch phrase. LOL
But the whole cast did a good job even if they did replace the old cast.
But the movie takes a whole new spin on the franchise.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Original Star Trek series 2
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
I did read up saying this is like a feminist propaganda film due to the females in the film...well anyway I still enjoyed it.

Gotta love the implication that a film being feminist is a bad thing and you enjoyed it in spite of a film not treating women like garbage but whatever you keep doing you.
I still need to see the new Mad Max, an acquaintance of mine was in the film and is actually apparently close up in frame in one of the final shots (Also I hear it's fantastic but I'm more interested in seeing people I know Razz )

Watched Spring Breakers last night. Still not sure how I feel about it. The dialogue I wasn't too keen on but the lighting design was fantastic. The less dialogue/voiceover heavy scenes were quite good and the final scene and transition into the credits was top notch. I might have to watch it again in the future to get a better feel for whether I liked it or not though.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sylontack wrote:
[..]

Gotta love the implication that a film being feminist is a bad thing and you enjoyed it in spite of a film not treating women like garbage but whatever you keep doing you.
I still need to see the new Mad Max, an acquaintance of mine was in the film and is actually apparently close up in frame in one of the final shots (Also I hear it's fantastic but I'm more interested in seeing people I know Razz )

Ok so you haven't seen the movie yet Sylontack...well I think its best that you see the movie first and then judge for yourself.
But also you will know what I mean when I said I read an article that someone classed the film as a feminist propaganda film.

But "Is Mad Max: Fury Road a feminist propaganda film?"
well the answer is yes and no depending how you see it.
But I have to say this discussion will go into some great detail so forgive the long paragraphs.

On reviewing this film I can say this...It does seem like a feminist film but its also is a typical Mad Max movie where its fight for 'survival and keeping humanity alive' and lots of car chase scenes to which all Mad Max films are.

But its the way they portray the males and females in the film that makes it controversial such as females are good and men are bad...well except for Max himself who seems to be the only one still sane and has kept his humanity.
Men are corrupt and are full of disease (except Max) while the woman are healthy...so it does seem a bit sexist in betraying men in this way that men are all bad.

But in every survival apocalyptic world films its usually every man or woman for themselves fighting for survival.
But this time around the females are trying to survive through the lead of Furiosa, and Max who just happens to be caught in the middle of it all.

But remember Max is a wanderer and so he always gets caught up in the mess which is usual in every Mad Max film.
And so Max has has no choice but to help Furiosa...like help me and I'll help you.

But like Max who is the man known as the "man with no name" will only tell his name to the ones he can truly trust and will only help the ones he can see that they still have some humanity left in them.

SO its classes as a survival humanity film were Men and woman are working together to survive...so yes I guess its a Feminist film as men and woman working together in equal terms.
But I won't go into full details without spoiling the film.

But also Mad Max: Fury Road is no sequel or prequel to any of the other Mad Max films except Mad Max 1 which is always gonna be the first film.

But in terms of feminist propaganda you can say its like all men are bad in the film(except Max) and the women will be the ones who will eventually rule the Earth and save humanity...so yeah it does seem like feminist propaganda film when you see it this way.

But anyway overall its a good action movie, but it's funny people can point out feminist propaganda just by watching a movie.

But how you see the film and how you judge the film is up to you.
But its not like the movie chants "Women power" like Dave Chappelle chants "White power" with a raised fist.LOL...its not like that.

So remember this is just a movie so don't go over your head with feminist rants of what I said...I'm just saying how the film is betrayed.
But its not all bad as it seems it just depends on each person point of view and how they see how they film is betrayed to them.
But I can see why it can spark a few controversial issues with the story on how different genders are betrayed in the film.
But still its just a movie.

::Before Chappie came to film::
Oh yeah I forgot the mention this before my last post.
If you like Chappie watch this: Tempbot
Its a Neill Blomkamp short film before he made Chappie and you can see where he got the idea to make Chappie.
But if you look closely you will notice Lynda Carter who played Wonder Woman in the short film.
But not bad little short film and surprisingly how old this film is its probably years before Chappie was made.
I think Neil made quite a few short film before he became a famous Director for District 9.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched Independence Day after rewatching Men in Black. Wink

chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
last night watched Monsterz, Gantz 1 and 2. Gantz was very good, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Monsterz 7/10, gantz 8.5/10, Gantz 2 8/10
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
last night watched Monsterz, Gantz 1 and 2. Gantz was very good, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Monsterz 7/10, gantz 8.5/10, Gantz 2 8/10

I like both Gantz live action movies, but I think I liked the second film better.

Maybe because I liked the fight scene on the train...that was just so full on entertaining.
But one thing I have say there isn't a Gantz thread to talk about Gantz in general...since I do want to talk about it the story.

For one I have the first volume of Gantz manga and have seen only the first few episodes of the anime so I can tell the first live action movie is based off the first manga are but I'm not too sure about the second movie Gantz: Perfect Answer though.

:: Gantz manga::
But I have heard some complaints about the manga and that the artist forgot what he was writing about and changed the whole thing...well from what I've read online...well don't know if true or not.
I know the manga is has different colour manga covers for each phases or arcs such as red, blue, grey and now back to red for the final arc.

The Gantz movies are bit like Death Note live action movies in that they do skip a few parts in manga in order to make a 2 hour movie.
So I can say Gantz 1 does quite well in being based off the manga but does a little bit of a short cut to the end of the arc in the first movie.

But for Gantz 2 I can't say for sure since I don't know that part of the manga yet to say if adapted well or not.

Overall both movies are very entertaining and with a lot of action.

But I was thinking of buying the Gantz 1 & 2 movie pack since I did enjoy the films.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have only seen first three eps of gantz, I have death note movies, haven't seen them yet. Only thing with the second gantz film, I was still left with lots of things I had no idea about.
Sailor Apollo
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detective vs Detectives, starring former Sailor Mars and known TV ice queen Keiko Kitagawa. I'm a bit confused by the premise, actually…

While on the subject of Kitagawa, I'm curious: Where can I find My Little Nightmare?

....I am a vampire and here's a million dollars.

Mystery Forum Theater 30001
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chris-of-penrith wrote:
Only thing with the second gantz film, I was still left with lots of things I had no idea about.

Yeah second film can be confusing if you haven't read the manga.
But from what I've read up about it and learnt a bit more was that:

The aliens in Gantz 2 that look like humans are actually shape-shifting vampires...which when they kill a human they take that person form.
They can also pull swords or blades out from their hands...which is where you get that train fight scene.

I now sort of understand the miniature Gantz sphere and the ones who came before...spoiler if you want to read.
The one with came before are the ones who use to be in Gantz but 'returned' to their old life after reaching 100 score in Gantz.
Those who reach score 100 can get their old life back and be resurrected into their old life again if they choose too.
OR they can resurrect an old player who previously died.
You notice that the people holding the miniature Gantz sphere are the ones who use to be in Gantz.
They were killed for their miniature sphere...but luckly Gantz revived them again.

The story goes that shapeshifting aliens are trying to get access to the Gantz sphere, but they can't get into 'The Gantz Room' without a key which is the miniature Gantz sphere.

But yeah it is a tab bit confusing but you sort of understand it when it all comes together at the end.
Only the very ending part of the main character is where I get a bit confused as to wondering if that part is part of the manga or just made up for the film only.

Most parts of the second film are in the manga but not too sure about the ending though, as that part could be film only due to the fact that the manga is still on-going.
But overall not bad films.

I will be interesting to see what the live action Attack on Titan is like.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw part of a preview screening of Sicario.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884/
Very minimalist use of music (mostly there is no background music), suspenseful.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched The Dish. After seeing the Parkes Observatory in person, I felt the urge to rewatch the movie that I didn't have on dvd, but now do have.

There's a banner saying "Welcome Primemanaster" instead of Primeminister. lol

The Observator area now is a bit different to how it is in the movie, but the centrepiece Dish is exactly how it looks like in the movie.

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw a preview of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie.

It appeared to be extremely well put together, good touches of humour and an overwhelming sense of actually being in the period it was set in.

One announcement in the closing credits impressed me, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Saw a preview of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie.

Same here when I went to see Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

But did know The Man From U.N.C.L.E was a very old TV series back in the 60's.
David McCallum a.k.a Ducky from NCIS was in the original The Man From U.N.C.L.E Tv series...he was the Russian Illya Kuryakin, while Robert Vaughn was the American Napoleon Solo.

There is even a joke reference to The Man From U.N.C.L.E in NCIS when someone asked on what Ducky (David McCallum) look like when he was younger and Gibbs answers: Illya Kuryakin. LOL

Armie Hammer now plays Illya Kuryakin and Henry Cavill plays Napoleon Solo in the movie.

But its a funny coincidence both Henry Cavill and Robert Vaughn who play the same character in The Man from U.N.C.L.E were also both in Superman movies.
Robert Vaughn played the villain in Superman III while Henry gets to be Superman himself in later films.

But not too many of our younger generation will know much about The Man From U.N.C.L.E since its pretty much babyboomer generation.
Also David McCallum was young back then and now he's in he's 80's...so you can see how long its been to revive The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
I think with todays tech and ability to make films they can probably revive The Man from U.N.C.L.E into a series of films or maybe another TV series...who knows.
But its certainly an interesting revival.

M.I: Rogue Nation...good film.
There's a few good scenes in the movie where Tom Cruise again likes to push himself to death defying scenes...if you remember the all the previous M.I films you know Tom will get even more death defying than the previous film. LOL

But I have to say Tom Cruise certainly likes motorbikes...well he said so himself on Top Gear celebrity challenge.
But this time he brings back another motorbike chase scenes like we had in M.I:2...and its a good chase scene.
I have to admit I like motorbike chase scenes in films as they look awesome.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Blast From the Past on dvd and I'm unhappy that they've cut dialogue from it. I'm definitely going to have to hunt up a VHS version as I know that version hasn't been butchered.

I might have to make up a thread on the matter of VHS/DVD/Blu-ray differences besides the visual or sound quality. Clearly there are VHS versions that are superior to that of dvd/blu-ray simply due to unaltered content.

chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tonight watched Quatermass and the pit, Quatermass experiment and star trek IV voyage home
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally got around and watched This is the End and now I'm gonna bin it. Not one I recomend watching except with Emma Watson swinging an axe. It's just soo bad, that it's bad.

^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stayed up late last night to watch Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe on SyFy. I actually hadn't seen that episode before, although I've seen every episode before or since.

I'm having a good laugh watching reruns of Russell Howard's Good News and when it comes back I'll be watching @midnight. On DVD I'm watching Police Rescue
Phoenix85
Ryuk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm almost always re-watching Hogan's Heroes, which, apparently, is quite popular in Germany. It's one of those shows I grew up with, and still love.

As to movies, I've watched part of The Monuments Men. Only part because mum kept inturrupting about every two minutes, so I gave up at the time and haven't got back to trying again.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recently watched Season 8 of Big Bang Theory since I didn't see it while it was airing and is now out on DVD. I find the show more meh every season. Enjoyed a few moments. Fav episode was the one with Sheldon and Lenods mothers.

Then watched Firefly and Serenity. Only thing I have to say is why didn't I watch this sooner!!!! I loved it a lot. Wish there was more. It then got me in the mood for sci-fi without aliens so re-watched all of Red Dwarf. It technically doesn't have aliens since everything they come across was created by humans or evolved from species from Earth.

Put on DVD 1 of Thank God You're Here only intending to watch a couple of episodes. Ended up watching all of season 1. Love this show, wish something like it was on now.

Since I was still in a sci-fi mood tried to watch Stargate Atlantis (since I have not seen most of season 2 or any of 3 to 5)and ended up watching random episodes of Stargate SG-1. So far watched random episodes from season 7, 2 and 1 over the past week.

Still haven't decided what I want to watch next. Still in a sci-fi mood and have a few choices in my DVD backlog, but have been unable to decide what I want to watch. Will probably keep watching SG-1 or Thank God You're Here till I decide.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LAST
>|33W
TONIGHT
with John Oliver
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching Twin Peaks for the first time. It's interesting. I just watched the third episode with the weird dream sequence. I'm wondering how next year's limited series will tie in.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went and saw The Martian in 3D and that was better than I expected and I'll quite likely go back and see it again just in order to rewatch some of the scenes. ^_~

I've also been watching The Block. Michael and Whitney are really pi$$ing me off and rate them as the most annoying out of all The Block contestants I've seen over the years. The sooner this current series is over, the better all thanks to them.

Celebrity Apprentice hasn't been that bad with Tim from Big Brother and Richard Reid going at each other like full on brawlers at times. The verbal fights have been funny between them. Smile

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Watching Twin Peaks for the first time. It's interesting. I just watched the third episode with the weird dream sequence. I'm wondering how next year's limited series will tie in.

Wait until you see the last episode it literally takes the cake of weirdness...well lets just say a backwards talking dimension...that weird enough for ya. LOL

Been watching Game of Thrones for the first time.
For the past month I've have been watching and renting out seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones.
Still yet to see season 4 as yet to wait until it comes a weekly rental.

There is a topic Stormo made of Game of Thrones so I can discuss story there.
But I do like the series as it is quite addictive and very interesting story with lots of characters all fighting to survive or gain control over the Iron Throne, which is made out of swords.

Surprisingly not many discuss the series here as it knocked up quite a number of awards in the Emmy's.
Peter Dinklage who plays Tyrion is certainly a character in the series as he has a love for Woman and Wine.

Yes the series is controversial for death, sex, incest, castration, torture, slavery, corruption, betrayal and then or course the fight to gain control over the Iron Throne.
But most characters either want the Throne or just want to survive and not be killed by other family's who do control the throne.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last movie I watched was the first Mad Max. I'd forgotten how good this movie is.

So very different from the other movies in the series, being more of a dystopian world, as opposed to post apocolypyic world.

Seeing Max trying to quit this insane life of the Main Force Patrol, only get dragged back in after his family gets run down, to get revenge on the Toe Cutter and his gang. Such great build up and character development. Then that final scene with Jonnny the Boy. When Max handcuffs him to the truck that's leaking fuel, leaving Johnny with only a hacksaw as a means of escape, showing how far Max has fallen. So good.

Also weird seeing Mel Gibson look so goddam young.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to rewatch Spaceballs as I need a good laugh and the new Star Wars movie coming out reminds me of it.

May the Swartz be with you.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I rewatched The Dish last night, I realised that the guy who plays the soldier cadet in it is also the guy who does all the Youi Insurance ads. After I realised that, I was gobsmacked that it took soo long to realise that.

The Block was good tonight. Unfortunately I'll miss out on the finale on Sunday night, but I'll watch that on my phone later on.

Celebrity Apprentice was good tonight as well. Tim has been a riot today and seeing him get waxed by Richard was hilarious.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG!!. Tim faces off against Sophe Monk in the finale of Celebrity Aprrentice. This reminds me all too much of how Tim won BB a couple of years ago. Next week is looking to be a cracker of a finale.

The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
I want to see the Indian version of 24.

SBS2 is going to broadcast this starting next Saturday.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Kingsman last night and that was a pretty good rush. Mark (Luke Skywalker) Hamill made an appearance for part of the movie which was good as I got to see how much he's changed from 10 years ago when he did Robotech - The Shadow Chronicles.

The movie itself was actually pretty cool. Fairly fast paced and some really cool fight scenes makes it better. Wink

Got a bunch of movies sitting on the to be watched pile. I'll have to do that over the next week or so.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Pixels which is a new Adam Sandler movie and I found it freaking awesome. Peter Dinklage was pretty funny and I found a new woman to go gaga over. Step up sword weilding Ashley Benson. ^_^

chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished off season 7 of Doctor who

Last edited by chris-of-penrith on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Divergent and Insurgent and enjoyed both movies. Divergent was a bit long especially at the start, but it got better as it went along. I liked how Insurgent went and that it was a bit shorter.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Watched Divergent and Insurgent and enjoyed both movies. Divergent was a bit long especially at the start, but it got better as it went along. I liked how Insurgent went and that it was a bit shorter.

And now your ready for Allegiant which I just saw the trailer for it.

Divergent is a tad bit confusing at first few minutes with all the different factions, but you do learn pretty quickly on what they all are and they're are all explained.
So really you do need to see the first movie to understand the second movie and third and so on...and yes there will be a fourth movie named Ascendant which is really Allegiant Part 2.
So its a bit like Hunger games in that the last movie is in two parts.

But I swear all these dystopian trilogy's always end with two parts to end the series and also cover the entire book series.

Divergent, Hunger Games and Maze Runner always seem to be Teenages/young adults versus old Evil Adults. LOL
Which is VERY TRUE when you all look at these dystopian series and that they all seem the same in that the younger generation are the ones left to fixing the dystopian world which was ruined previously by the older generation.

I too liked how Insurgent was played out as it was a bit more easy to follow and you could understand the basic principle of it all due to the fact you've seen the first film and understand the whole concept.

I do like the Divergent series and look forward to seeing the rest of the series.
But the series does need explaining as to why the world ended up a dystopian world...but to get that answer your must see the entire trilogy.
Its the same with Maze Runner series as you seem to get more questions than answers, but each film only a gives you a little bit more answers to those questions you want answered.
So these series are very good a drawing you in and makes you watch the whole series to find out the answers...so yes very entertaining indeed.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Damn. So the next movie of the series is coming out. At least the lead actress isn't getting bogged down playing the same roles as the lead actress of the Hunger Games.

Rewatched Pixels again. Just love it a lot. lol

chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brought the X-files blu ray complete collection, starting from the start. 3 episodes in so far
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Star Wars for the second time on Thursday. Love it!

Last weekend I watched Creed. Great movie! I see why Stallone got nominated for an Oscar and won a Golden Globe.

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally watched "The Last Emperor" on blu-ray on Saturday. Good to know at least a little about Manchuria before watching it, but it seemed a bit dated having the Chinese speaking English. I gather that it was released in China with the Chinese people speaking Mandarin?
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched The Martian a couple times and found it interesting in the differences between book and movie. The extras were good as it had the books author on it telling that the book publishing and movie rights were done within 6 days of each other.

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seen a couple of films lately.

Tom Hanks movie Bridge of Spies is surprisingly good...and based on true story.

Its based during the Cold war and during when the Berlin wall was put up.
Tom Hanks who plays this insurance lawyer who then becomes a lawyer to represent this accused Russian spy in America and so things start to become chaotic for him.
Also during the time a American is caught spying on Russia in an American spy plane and so he is shot down and captured...and so this begins this trading of spies.

Also saw Divergent series: Allegiant...which was OK but I don't think is was a good as the previous films, but it did clear up a few things in terms of story of the trilogy.
But still there's is yet a fourth film Ascendant which will finish off the Divergent series.

Captain America: Civil War...surprisingly good.
Marvel sure know how to make good movies and good storylines with a mix of action in-between.
Sad to say for Batman versus Superman as I felt they tried to fit in so many things and also there were scenes that have no explanation what so ever e.g. Hint...Batman's "Knightmare's."...yes they have been nicknamed Knight...mares.

The appearances of Black Panther, Spiderman and Antman were good.
Now all we have to wait for is another Spiderman movie and a Black Panther movie.

Spiderman seems to have a bit of CGI around the face and eyes but surprisingly it looks awesome on how Spiderman's eyes move and how he reacts to things.
In the previous Spiderman films the actors just wear a mask and you couldn't tell from facial expressions or Spiderman's reactions to things...but now they added CGI to animate the mask to show he's got more expression around the movement of the eyes...just like they did the cartoons.
I can see they are gonna reboot Spiderman so that the other previous films don't looks as bad but also make Spiderman as genuine as he can be.
Black Panther suit looks awesome and has these retractable claws which look lethal in a fight.

But overall the move isn't just some super heroes versus super heroes brawl movie there is quite a bit of story to it.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Black Panther movie might not get off the ground due to Scarlet Johansson playing Major Kusanagi in the live action Ghost in the Shell movie. With the amount of flack I've been reading on the movie, GitS could be the dud that SJ didn't need.

Page 70 of 71

Jump to: