Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Forum reshuffle

Forum reshuffle
Author
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Forum reshuffle Reply with quote
You may have noticed some forums have been moved and locked. Since there's been not much activity for many months (some cases years) we've decided to simplify the forum into these sections:

MADMAN SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK
- Everything Madman including technical issues you may have.

GENERAL ANIME
- Everything Anime related.

MANGA GENERAL
- Everything Manga related

FANDOM GENERAL
- Everything fandom from art, cosplay, to fan fiction.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- remains unchanged.

MADHOUSE
- GENERAL TOPICS

Hopefully this new system will make it a less daunting experience for new members of the forum. Happy posting
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never thought I'd see the day when Evangelion and DragonBall would be put to rest after I first joined years ago under a different name.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sure has slimmed down. I think a couple like the music and anime recomendations could have stayed put.

Not looking forward to see recomendations start up inside general anime.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might be worth having one big Recommendations thread then Jester, be easier to find and considering the traffic on the forum it will take a while to get buried anyhow.
u523
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There were some not-dead areas removed as mentioned (Anime Recommendations, Music).
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can post links to the threads you want revived I'm happy to move it to the appropriate active forum.
Sir_Jamesalot
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still find this site more difficult to navigate than it needs to be.

For example:
Clicking the icon in the top left does not bring me back to the front page. I don't know how to go directly to the front page once I'm in the forums and I've been here before.

And I think your online shop should have a link on every page.

What is this doing in the void?
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewforum.php?f=1
This not the thread to give up on.
Every time you have a sale, run a contest, get a new show, you can link announcements to it.
And I know you still get new things because you send me the emails.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've noticed that the madboards haven't been as active since the changes occured.

I would love to see the anime recommendations and music forums return to active status and possibly a couple of the series that MM still has and continues to sell return as well.

It might help to revive the madboards.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No response and the madboards are still looking dead. I definitely think the boards have been pruned too much.

CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
No response and the madboards are still looking dead. I definitely think the boards have been pruned too much.

Part of the reason I left, other than the whole "everyone thinks I'm a Trevor" thing, was because of the fact that nothing new every showed up and the whole place was ruled with an iron fist/s. It became a series of megathreads and though I was part of the circle-jerk atmosphere, I did also realise it made it hard for newcomers.

It stopped becoming fun to come on here, even when I did just start doing it as something to do rather than a daily thing. I am genuinely surprised to find that this place is so dead though. I had assumed a new age of anime kiddies would be on here or that a few old heads would've kept things ticking over.

Maybe I've gotten old? Perhaps it's forums that are dead haha. I've seen plenty of active forums, but they seem to be there for those that enjoy active and proper discussion. Everything is all about your Facebooks and your Twitters and whatnot.

I dunno really. I've been a member since my very early teens, so this place does hold something in my memory, but at the same time it was bound to happen. There was never enough new blood to keep things fresh, and those that did join either left very quickly or added nothing.

The Madboards was something I thought I could be a part of for quite some time at the very least. While I didn't know every member personally, nor had I really met any (bar one or two), I felt like I was part of a small community. I suppose all things do come to an end though.

It needs some form of official sendoff at the very least haha.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's been a few circumstances that have prevented the forum from expanding.

1. The forum is buried. It's not listed that well on the website.
2. upgrade path has been blocked. We have tried several times to try and migrate to newer software, unfortunately each time we came to a roadblock that to do so would mean we archive all threads never to be seen again and to start fresh. The current database is corrupted and unfixable. There was significant backlash against starting fresh, but it may not be such a bad idea.
3. because of reason 2, we had to limit the way people registered. All new users must be approved manually as there were a flood of instances where bots took over.

Eventually there will be a reboot, I hope with that we will have a new era of community building, in the mean time though our Facebook and Twitter pages and also animelab ones are very healthy.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: