Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Road Trips. General discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Road Trips. General discussion
Author
Hikari Horaki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't been able to transfer the pics from my phone to my pc as it doesn't like it, but I have a couple that I've now uploaded to photobucket.

Here are some for your enjoyment.

Me at Daly Water's Pub in the Northern Territory. If you ever go to the NT, you have to visit Daly Water's as it has awesome food, a blindblowing amount of momentos from previous visitors. It's also in the The Last Cab to Darwin.

The Flintstones at The Devil's Marbles. The Variety Club has a charity bash and those who drive in it tend to dress up as the characters of the car that they're driving. These are 2 of those who were in it.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Hikari Horaki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My motorcycle at Mount Isa where I spent 2 nights. The food wasn't cheap if you wanted something decent for dinner. Maybe due to the mining, but it was worth a visit and I would like to go back one day, especially as one of the best mountain roads for motorcycles is between Mount Isa and Cloncurry. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Selfie at the 2nd lookout at Kata Tjuta also known as the Olga's which is about 50 kms west of Uluru. The hiking was well worth it as you can see of the view behind me.

Selfie of myself and 2 backpackers after I visited my brother in Coff's Harbour Hospital. During this time, I started finding it hard to get up as the road trip was taking its toll on me. I was missing home. lol

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Hikari Horaki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm currently in Wodonga for the night. Tomorrow I'll be in Melbourne to see the Twelve Apostles or what's left of them. Hopefully, I'll pop in to MM HQ and do a selfie there. Lol

It's a 6 day trip. Should be back in Sydney on Tuesday.

homesickclutter
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is so true! I agree with you Jester "When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride." And I always do it once a year. Road trips and discovering new places are exciting! I had one already and another plan before the year ends Smile
JESTER
Hikari Horaki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thought that I should put up some pics from the recent roadtrip to see the Twelve Apostles.

Those 2 photos are of Loch Ard Gorge. As you can see, you can go down into the gorge. It was named after the ship Loch Ard that got shipwrecked at the entrance.

The Twelve Apostles

The bottom of Gibson's Steps looking towards the Twelve Apostles.

This photo has to be the biggest fluke in my life. The guy on my right is my coworker who saw me as I was about to hop on my motorcycle after visiting London Bridge. A minute either way and we would've miśśed each other and this wasn't planned as we didn't have each others phone number.

This map shows everywhere that I've travelled to over the years on my motorcycle. I have this on the wall in the lounge room.

u523
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After my latest trip to Japan I wanted to hop up to Mount Lofty and as I was still getting over a cold took a quick drive.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: