Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What Live Action Movies/Series/Shows Are You Watching Now

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
What Live Action Movies/Series/Shows Are You Watching Now
Author
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Divergent is a tad bit confusing at first few minutes with all the different factions, but you do learn pretty quickly on what they all are and they're are all explained.
So really you do need to see the first movie to understand the second movie and third and so on...and yes there will be a fourth movie named Ascendant which is really Allegiant Part 2.
So its a bit like Hunger games in that the last movie is in two parts.

...and Harry Potter...and Twilight...

Also, I find that Divergent just sounds silly. Do people not have more than one skill? Can we not have someone smart able to function as security?

....I am a vampire and here's a million dollars.

Mystery Forum Theater 30001
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Explaining Divergent series you have to explain what all the factions are.
Each faction dedicates themselves to the cultivation of a particular virtueā€” Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent).
In a simple way of saying Erudite are the brains while Dauntless are the brawn.
So to answer you question Sailor Apollo - Erudite may not have the courage to be like Dauntless and get into the physical side of dealing with things so they are more like thinkers.

Its a dystopian society where people only have certain virtues.
The Divergent is someone who has "all virtues".
But some how the faction system think that Divergent's are a threat to society because of their independent of thinking.
The factions system thinks that Divergents will start a war or disrupt society or even disrupt the faction system that's in place.
This is what the first two films are about.
The third film is entirely different and sort of explains how this dystopian society came about.

Saw X-men: Apocalypse and yeah I enjoyed it.
It follows Days of Future past and so it's an alternate timeline that writes off other previous X-men films like The Last Stand and even X-men Origins: Wolverine.
But in saying that Days of Future past sort of re-booted the series to begin with.
New timeline new possibilities...but Hint there is a wolverine cameo which sort of fixes the X-men origins: wolverine story.

Also remember there is a Deadpool film which I can guess you can say totally writes off X-men origins: wolverine timeline too.

Stay after the credits of the movie there is more: Hint Essex corp may not have meaning to some people, but the name Nathaniel Essex is a.k.a Mister Sinster...a mutant who likes to experiment on mutant genes.
Sailor Apollo
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found a recent show called 35-sai no Koukousei (it's from 2013 and it's on Crunchyroll)

Basically it's about a woman who returns to high school at the age of 35 in order to "make 100 friends"...by playing Onizuka by way of Mean Girls.

Also watching season 2 of Mia and Me. That counts right?

Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doing a rewatch of Veronica Mars, just finished the second season.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We're currently watching Supernatural Series 11, which whilst not the best season so far is still enjoyable.

It's hard to believe it's now 11 years since I sat down with my brother and father to watch the pilot, and my Brother and I looked at each other and said something like "it looks good, I bet it gets cancelled". at almost the same instant.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wentworth
Last Week Tonight
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
We're currently watching Supernatural Series 11, which whilst not the best season so far is still enjoyable.

It's hard to believe it's now 11 years since I sat down with my brother and father to watch the pilot, and my Brother and I looked at each other and said something like "it looks good, I bet it gets cancelled". at almost the same instant.

I'm a Supernatural series fan and I can say the series does have some surprises over the years.
Originally it was only suppose to go for 5 seasons but then got different producers and also moved to another network in the US.
Having different producer from season 6 onwards meant MORE stories and led the series ongoing to what it is now.
For one season 11 is not too bad considering they did bring back Lucifer since season 5.

Since I own the entire series on Blu ray there are quite a few episodes I like to re-watch and I can recommend to others
Also a quite a few very funny episodes to re-watch too that are side splitters.
An episode in season 5 called "The Curious Case of Dean Winchester" where Dean becomes an old man through losing a magical poker game but the whole episode pokes-fun at the movie Curious Case of Benjamin Button film and complaining about being old.
Bobby and Dean were like too grumpy old men going at each other with old folk jokes.

The later seasons aren't too bad but the leviathan season was a bit of a weird one but it did recover after that.

Also I didn't mind the whole Mark of Cain and the First Blade in season 9 was very interesting.
Season 10 was dealing with the consequences of having the Mark of Cain and figuring out how to remove it.

But in saying this it really hard to say what is the best seasons of Supernatural as they are all different.
Some of the "Monster of the week" episodes were very good and quite freaky.

There is also one episode in Season 11 called "Baby" that takes entirely in and around the Impala (Dean's Car) point of view.
In the entire episode the camera is in and around the car and never leaves the car...I thought this episode was quite clever as having the Impala's point of view for entire episode.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched The Last Cab to Darwin and found it really aborbing, fun and thoughtfull. I loved the extras on the dvd as it showed that instead of using a green room to do the trip, the crew travelled the 3000kms that were done in the movie. I thought that was really cool.

The movie also gave me some idea of what I'll be getting into next month for my road trip.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched Captain America - The Winter Soldier and that's a lot of fun. I decided to do as Captain America - Civil War comes out during my holidays.

Been watching Masterchef still and am loving it. I can't stand My Kitchen Rules since it's more about how up themselves the cooks are and the snide remarks than it is about the food. At least with Masterchef, it's all good fun and you feel the pain, happiness, shock and awe at what the cooks are having to deal with. Finals week has been impressive.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
u523
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure where this should be posted, but for those who are interested in a Chinese motion-capture CGI film (with a theme song by Yuki Kajiura), have a look at:

L.O.R.D. Legend Of Ravaging Dynasties

http://lordthemovie.com/lord

Site includes a link to the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjqbNTIyOw

Clip with motion capture shown and Yuki Kajiura and Front Band Members with the theme song playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqnioImSnI

It's showing on 29 September 2016 in several locations including 17 cinemas in Australia.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished season 1 of Dark Matter, definitely one of my favourite sci fi series in recent years
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been really enjoying Doctor, Doctor on channel 9.

I'm lucky that it falls on my days off and that allows me to keep up with it. All the other series I get interested, I miss out on some eps and thus stop bothering with it.

Watched a bunch of movies during my roadtrip a couple of months ago.

Life of Pi - visually quite spectacular, but after watching it once, I have no desire to rewatch it due to the length of the movie and no 'hook' moments in it.

Pompei - Kit Harrington was really quite good in this movie that deals with the destruction of Pompei. Visually really good and there were some 'hook' moments, but after watching it, I find it a little difficult to watch it again. Worth a watch though.

u523
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw "Arrival" - reminded me a bit of "Interstellar" but not as drawn out and not tragedy.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched Rogue One today. It was pretty good. About the only thing that fell a bit flat was the digital face replacement. Faces just seemed "off"; a bit computer-shiny. Not quite uncanny valley.

Big bummer about the ending - everybody dies. Well, sorta. I mean, Vader and Tarkin are both still alive, obviously. One thing I didn't know until after; they used unused footage of some X-Wing pilots from A New Hope. I didn't pick it.

When I get the Blu-ray, I want to marathon RO and ANH, see if it works. Guess I should get the first 6 movies on Blu, too.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rogue One...Yeah the digital faces was unusual...but I can see why they had to do for story reasons to tie in with A New Hope.

But if you think about Rogue One is made by Disney and Disney made Tron legacy and even then in that movie they did a digital face of Jeff Bridges alter-ego Clu.
Sailor Apollo
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Orphan Black is on Netflix. And it is awesome.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to watch Deepwater Horizon.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Passengers an hr ago and it was pretty good. A bit long in areas but overall a movie that can be watched a few times if only to see Jennifer Lawrence in her white swimsuit. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched a few movies. Watched Deepwater Horizon and that was a good disaster movie to watch. Based on true events, it had a lot to live up for. I did replay sections of it a couple of times.

Watched Hunter for the Wilderpeople and that was a hoot to watch. Definitely the best New Zealander movie to have come out in my opinion which MM has distributed. It's got a lot of puns and due to the actors, it really works. I cracked up laughing several times.

Also rewatched The Day After Tomorrow. I still like this movie after all these years.

homesickclutter
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Walking Dead! Smile
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been watching Married at First Sight as much as I could. I hope Anthony gets dumped by Nadia. Was happy for Simon and Alene. šŸ˜

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone seen The Ghost in the Shell movie yet?

SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Has anyone seen The Ghost in the Shell movie yet?

Yep I have...have you seen it too?
It's ALMOST exactly the same as the anime movie but with some slight differences.
But I haven't seen the anime movie for quiet awhile so I can't say if it matches the storyline perfectly.
Also its hard to say in words describing the differences...but then again I don't really follow or own any Ghost in the shell anime that much or own any of the anime....I guess I should buy the first anime movie one day.

But yes it pretty much follows the Puppet Master storyline...but in the anime movie the Puppet Master is a male voice or "Ghost"(consciousness) that talks through a female cyborg shell...where as the live action Michael Pitt actions are that of the Puppet Master but the term "Ghost" is different in the live action movie compared to the anime movie.
In the anime Ghost is a form of a consciousness inhabiting the body which is the shell...where as the live action a "Ghost" is a human brain in a cybernetic body.
Therefor the Philosophical elements are slightly different between anime and live action.

But I have to warn you though as critics would probably say the anime movie was better than the live action OR that "Whitewashing" was involved in a asian flick.

But personally I didn't find the movie a problem as I mainly followed the movie and seen how well they compared the anime characters to live action characters.
For example the Section 9 team and how well they portrayed their anime counterparts.
Personally I didn't mind seeing a live action version of anime movie as I wanted to see how well they could do it.

But I have to say the anime movie did have a bit more action and Philosophical elements to it compare to the live action.
But for me I enjoyed watching it due to not being a harsh critic.

But in the end credits they put in the "Making a Cyborg" remix version.
I love the original "Making a Cyborg" song on the GiTS soundtrack.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
But I have to warn you though as critics would probably say the anime movie was better than the live action OR that "Whitewashing" was involved in a asian flick.

Critics of the film seem to be ignoring the really racially diverse cast and only focusing on Scarlett Johansson. Overall I quite liked the film. It was a fresh take on the franchise even though they copied scenes wholesale from the 1995 film and few bits from "Stand Alone Complex". I liked it a lot better than "Arise" to be honest. Takeshi Kitano drove me up the wall. Apart from the fact he spoke Japanese for the entire film and everyone else spoke English (no Cantonese speakers in Hong Kong apparently), he only has the ability to play one character; Takeshi Kitano.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Hacksaw Ridge and that was pretty intense. Mel Gibson has to be praised in how he keep the focus on what was important and it's no wonder that it won awards across the world. I also liked at how close, the actors looked to the actual people that they portrayed.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Doctor Strange a while back and forgot to put it up here. Overall, it was a good movie. A good bit like Inception in places and due to that, was a bit trippy.

It'll be interesting on how both the sequel and the tie in to the new Thor movies work out.

Page 71 of 71

Jump to: