Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Playstation 4 thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Playstation 4 thread
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
stuff on Alien Isolation

Yes I've seen youtube videos of the whole game and your basically running around avoiding the alien.
But also you do have killer androids to avoid too which have that freaky stare look about them and even they can beat you to death.

It's funny you can find a gun but if you fire the gun the reload is lousy and slow.
But also the sound of a gun shot can alert the alien very quick smart to your location.
I've seen one video of all the possible deaths you can get in Alien Isolation...and it's pretty creepy game.

One video I've seen the guy charged the alien head on and boy that was a sight to be seen.
Also firing you gun at the alien just makes the alien even more angrier and it hunts you down in seconds. hehe
I swear this game can revive you alien nightmare.

I played Aliens vs Predator games and series and even those games kinda freaks me out a bit.
The xenomorphs are freaky looking aliens.
Playing as a Xenomorph is ok and not as scary since your doing all the killing and stuff but it's playing as a colonial marine or more like a weak human but armed to the teeth with weaponry just makes it even more creepier and challenging.

Alien Isolation just takes it to another version of the movie Alien and you have next to no weapons.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since I got my PS4 from free from work, I bought a couple of games and have been addicted on one in particular.

Horizon - Zero Dawn is a bloody good game. It leaves me tingling when I'm tangling with the stalkers and some of the others are brutal. I think that I'm about 2/3's of the way in. Got all the flowers, vantages and cups done. Got most of the quests including side quests done. Got all my skills and can't lvl up higher. All I need to do now is get all the weapons from the hunting lodges and finish the story.

The graphics are awesome, the sense of danger when you're up high or agaist dangerous foes, the movement is fluid and you have a lot to do. The story is interesting and makes you want to find out the truth of the world. The map is small in some regards, but you don't pay it attention when you're trying to climb up an ancient skyscraper or cliff.

Highly recomended.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Playing Witcher 3 and that's damn bloody. You need to have multiple save points as you end up redoing somethings. In fact, I might redo it all over again myself.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Playing Witcher 3 and that's damn bloody. You need to have multiple save points as you end up redoing somethings. In fact, I might redo it all over again myself.

On Witcher 3

For one Witcher 3 is a 200+ hour game and yeah it takes a long time to finish it...in fact I just finished the "main" storyline arc and not have the DLC missions now.
I have the 2 DLC's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine and that could adds another 20 hours or so each.

But yeah your right Jester you do need a lot of saves to make sure you make the right choices in the game and don't miss anything.
So you practically need two saves for one before a mission and one after in case you miss something or stuff up a mission.

Now if your a fan of the series you can get the DLC if you wanted to and its cheaper to get the DLC if you buy the season pass if your thinking of getting the DLC.

Now I must warn you and give you advice that the DLC is best done "after" the main game is finished.
Though some Hearts of stone side missions can be done during or near the end of the main game missions due to the fact that you must be Level 35 or so to do those missions...otherwise it will be tough to do.

Also trying to do missions that are say around "5 to 6 or more" levels above your own level would be tough.

Though don't fight anything waay above 5 levels and have enemies with a Red Skull on the life meter means instant DEATH if you get hit.

::DLC's - Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine:::

One thing I do like about the DLC's is the extra stuff added to the game like Mutations and Runewright.

You already have Runes and Glyphs in the game but this time you can make a Runeword or Glyphword by equipping Runes or Glyphs in particular order on an item which give you a special ability and there's different type of Runwright abilities.
Runewords are for weapons and Glyphwords are for armour.

Blood and Wine DLC has "Grandmaster" levelled gear which is higher than Mastercrafted which has Set item bonuses for your Witcher class gear.
For example completely equipped with 6 pieces of GrandMaster Feline gear will give you a 6th set gear bonus.

Also you have find plans for all gear pieces of each levels from Basic, enhanced, Superior, Mastercrafter and finally Grandmaster.
Though Grandmaster gear is only Blood and Wine DLC though.

So far I only just unlocked Runewords and Glyphwords but yet to unlock Mutations or find Grandmaster gear as I haven't got to the point of starting Blood and Wine as it more for after you finished the game.

But I have to say things get very expensive in this game when it comes to upgrading gear or even unlocking Runewright abilities.
Just the cost to upgrade to enchanced Runewright is 10,000 gold coins.
And Mastercrafter Runewright is 15,000 gold coins.

So geez louise things get very expensive.
Also the cost of crafting Mastercrafter gear is costly especially if you want every piece of the set.

So my advice is too kill things like bears and wolves and deer to get their pelts and sell them.
Also selling Black pearls get you a lots of money too.
When in Skellige you can fight those Sirens and kill them for sea shells and then get blacksmiths dismantle sea shells into pearls or black pearls depending on the type of sea shell you get..

Note: There's two different type of sea shell...ones that give you white pearls and ones that give you black pearls.

Also I find selling weapons and armour give good money but the problem is weight and carrying them around as you get overloaded with weight.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: