Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Fairy Tail Guild Collection Two

Fairy Tail Guild Collection Two
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Fairy Tail Guild Collection Two Reply with quote
Picked up the "Limited" Set of Fairy Tail Blu-Ray (Guild Collections 1-6 + 2 Movies).

Noticed Guild 2 has incorrect episode listing on the reverse artwork.. it repeats six episode listings twice in a row.

I take it because this set was in this "new" box, there isn't a correct artwork I can get?

Also kind of annoying the disc art goes from being nice colour artwork to this bland blue throughout the sets..
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fairy Tail Guild Collection Two Reply with quote
LordCrumb wrote:
Also kind of annoying the disc art goes from being nice colour artwork to this bland blue throughout the sets..

Can't speak for the sleeve printing, don't even own the show- but it's worth noting the Fairy Tail discs would just be the FUNimation discs repackaged as Madman sources a lot of their discs/authors from them (due to prohibitive costs etc. I wouldn't be surprised if this one was even sub-licenced from them as I don't think Japan has the series out on BD? Not sure that would completely matter), FUNi gave up on disc art quite some time ago. Pretty much a standard from FUNi, and out of Madman's hands at the end of the day really.
LordCrumb
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I enquired about the bad posterization problems on a different forum and someone said the Funimation discs have the same issue. (currently watching Episode 74 and it's got no issues though). The previous disc was really really horrible looking. banding all over the place.

Re Disc Art:

Guild Collecton 1 :
Discs 1,2 have UK Ratings Logos
Discs 3-8 have artwork but no ratings

Guild Collection 2:
just has blue with a faint outline of Happy on each disc (barely visible, almost like a photocopy)

Guild Collection 3 and 4:
Discs 21-30 have better printed art with AU logos

Guild Collections 5 and 6:
Back to photocopied style blue discs.
Fairy Tail Zero has normal printed artwork.
LordCrumb
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, the banding on these discs is terrible.

Emailed Madman and sent them screenshots from the discs. They said they haven't heard any reports of issues, and that, believe it or not, suggested it could be my television hahahaha
LordCrumb
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol, another mistake noticed.

The episode numbering on the discs is wrong.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up, we are aware of the issue, it will be fixed in the next run of this. This only affects the Blu-Ray and not the DVD

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: