Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Have you downgraded your Anime Collection over the years?

Have you downgraded your Anime Collection over the years?
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Have you downgraded your Anime Collection over the years? Reply with quote
I have. There's a lot of series that I thought..."I'll never watch this. It was just an impulse purchase."

I think for me it's much better owning a smaller collection. (Even though I own a good amount of DVD's & Blu-rays still.) But I guess it just holds more significance and of course, easier to handle. Lol

P.S. Sorry for multiple posts. Just thought the forum needed some extra topics.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a fair bit of culling and more recently I have been far more picky as to what I'll buy. However I know that this stuff won't be available for streaming forever. If I really love it, I'll buy it and keep it. But I am running out of space to keep stuff.
strideryb
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haven't done a major cull yet, but my storage cupboard is full. So if get something new, I get rid of an old set to make room for it.
Will be doing a major cull in a few months before moving. No point packing / moving / unpacking something I'd never watch.

Like Greoboruri, I'm being a lot more picky on purchases, so collection not changing as much as it was.

Anyone know what the life span of a well kept DVD is? I watched the original Madman Trigun DVD's recently without a problem. These were probably ~15 years old.
Quick Google gives 100 - 200 years if stored well, so will outlast me if accurate.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I offloaded a few over the years, but if anything I have bought copies to replace ones damaged. Still 5 6-7 ft tall bookshelves full of anime.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Sabmabab
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Due to shelf space I have sold a small selection of my dvds, generally of series that aren't really my favourites, like Heaven's Memo Pad, Toriko, The World God Only Knows etc. I've also sold the dvds for series that I upgraded to blu-ray, like Fruits Basket and Death Note. I think now I'm much more picky when it comes to dvds, but not so much with blu-ray.
Speeny
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sabmabab wrote:
Due to shelf space I have sold a small selection of my dvds, generally of series that aren't really my favourites, like Heaven's Memo Pad, Toriko, The World God Only Knows etc. I've also sold the dvds for series that I upgraded to blu-ray, like Fruits Basket and Death Note. I think now I'm much more picky when it comes to dvds, but not so much with blu-ray.
I've become more picky with a lot of series in general. There's been a decline in quality lately. More so storytelling than anything imo.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: