Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Doing The Best.

Doing The Best.
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Doing The Best. Reply with quote
In my continued quest to own the 'Best of...' compilations of every JPop band in existence, I picked up Do As Infinity's 'Do The Best' album today, a compilation of their best songs.

See, I love best ofs, because they allow you to get into a particular artist. 'Do The Best' has all the better known DAI tracks on it, including 'Yesterday And Today', 'Fukai Mori' and 'Tangerine Dream'.

It's a great CD, covering everything up to now, and apparently has new songs on it, although I don't know what they'd be.

I should warn that this disc is use-limited. However, it works fine in my iBook, even to the extent of being able to rip full-quality MP3s off it. If I do run into problems, I have a black texta handy that should fix it .

Anyone else got this disc yet? What do you think of it?

------------------
life is a canvas
and the paint is hope and promise
the world is ours
no one can ever take it from us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
unicron
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
unfortunately I dont. Just a question though, where do you get the J-pop albums from? I'm interested in picking up some. (PS. please dont say japan )

[This message has been edited by unicron (edited 02 June 2002).]
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by unicron:
unfortunately I dont. Just a question though, where do you get the J-pop albums from? I'm interested in picking up some. (PS. please dont say japan )

Japan.

No, I generally pick them up from Initial D in Russel Street here in Melbourne. They sell a lot of bootlegs, but their JPop selection is actually almost all legitimate release "International" or South East Asian versions, often containing bonus tracks to the Japanese editions.

The best part is, they retail for about $34, the same price as a regular local release CD.

------------------
life is a canvas
the world is ours
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sailor Bob
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got 'Do the Best'! I absoloulty love it!! The great band tour versions of 'Tangerine Dream', 'Welcome!' and 'We are.' are great! I didn't like 'Boukenshatachi' as much as the others but it's still first class .

Um... SN, how did you manage to rip the mp3s? I tried to do it on one of my copy-protect cds and it wouldn't let me :/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
unicron
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNorman:
No, I generally pick them up from Initial D in Russel Street here in Melbourne. The best part is, they retail for about $34, the same price as a regular local release CD.

Sweet, thanks a lot SN

I didn't think you got them from Japan by the way you said "I picked up (album) today"
mib
Ayeka Masaki Jurai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That sounds like a good idea. I don't suppose you could post a list of your best-of albums?

- mib

------------------
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor Bob:
Um... SN, how did you manage to rip the mp3s? I tried to do it on one of my copy-protect cds and it wouldn't let me :/

I put it in the CD-ROM drive, waited for iTunes to load up and ripped away... Just like I would with any other CD.

------------------
life is a canvas
the world is ours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: