Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

InGram's Vague Guide to Initial D. **LATEST** Skyline GTR

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
InGram's Vague Guide to Initial D. **LATEST** Skyline GTR
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
InGram wrote:
What he said. Very Happy

md5 wrote:
and I thought that twin turbo is where it has a small turbo for low rev and a bigger one for high rev, I am not too sure, hope you know!Smile

Some are and some aren't. The FD RX-7 for example, came with a staged twin-turbo system, meaning as you said, there is one larger and one smaller turbo that work together to provide boost across the rev range.

The GTR uses two equally sized turbos, relying mostly on the airflow capability of the 2.6 litre engine to drive them. Sequential turbo systems are difficult to set up, are expensive, and even more difficult to extensively tune, which is why they're not commonly seen outside a reasonably stock car.

And are usually replaced when wanting some serious performance.

Good to see another (albeit previous) owner of an Rx-7. But for a 180sx turbo? Oh, the shame of it. Eh, but they are not bad themselves.

Gracing my garage at the moment is "Stig". My poo brown Series 3 LE Rx-7, with a 12a bridgeport hosting 3ml seals and a nice (although not driven all that much) Silver R33 GTR Skyline V-Spec II with a little pot dent in the front from an unforgiving tow bar. The GTR is up for sale if you're interested.

Here is a photo of Stig. I'll post one of the GTR later when I have time.

Edit: http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/submit_to_oppression/my_photos

Last edited by Butterfingers on Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Butterfingers
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
BGSarevok wrote:
They look funky, but the R35 doesn't seem... Skyline like to me. It looks cool, but it's not the look I would associate with a Skyline. The RX-7 looks mad.

Speaking of car models, I heard that a new model of RX-7 was gonna be supercharged instead of turbocharged. Can anyone tell me whether this is BS or not? I don't believe it myself, but I'm just asking about what I'm being told. Razz

That GT-R is based off the G35 Skyline, which in itself is based off the 350Z platform. It's being designed by Peugeot (they at least partially own Nissan I believe)... (is that how you spell it? XD that's what Word told me...)

I highly doubt the RX7 would be a supercharged rotary, since superchargers are meant for low-end power and are dangerous in high-rev applications (since they're a physical belt/chain). I believe the current gen Mercs with superchargers have an electronic clutch fitted to the chargers, to disengage them when they rev over a certain amount. At least, that's what I read on some Toyota forums (as the option of supercharging the 2ZZ-GE, which revs to 8600rpm, was being discussed).

Besides, what fun would a rotary be if you couldn't make the tach spin around the dial to near jet engine rpms? XD

Superchargers do supply constant pressure though. Supercharging is a common mod that is often done to rotaries.

I know that the new Rx-7 won't be released until after the Mazda Speed version of the Rx-8 which is going to host a boared out Renesis engine. The Rx-7 is most likely going to be a derivative of the Series 8 with a new makeover a-la Mazda's current range. It will defintely be turbocharged, but not supercharged due to fuel consumption and rotary emission problems. Twin turbo? Eh, probably not. Developers got over that fetish in the mid-to-late 90's when they realised that a single turbo was cheaper and provided more grunt.
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ooh, a bored-out Renesis? That's even better. I still prefer the RX-7 over the 8, though. I'm probably basing it too much on looks. (Don't get me wrong, though, the RX-8 is pretty awesome looking)
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Butterfingers wrote:
I know that the new Rx-7 won't be released until after the Mazda Speed version of the Rx-8 which is going to host a boared out Renesis engine.

Bah, screw increased capacity, Monster Porting is where it's at! Sure, it's horribly inefficent and will break every noise emission standard in the world, but it's just sooooooooooo cool sounding Razz

(for those who haven't heard a ported rotary, I feel sorry for you, it's the most awesome sound ever!)

One of my friends had a bridgeported series 2 RX7, omg I wanted to wet my pants every time I heard it >_< it was like "WHOP... WHOP... WHOP... WHOP" at idle, the teachers at school constantly complained XD I only heard a monster port once at a drag meet... I would give anything to hear it again Razz too bad those stupid turbo thingies have come in and ruined the fun of porting. I wish I had've been a rotary fan in the 80's Sad
Zeptha
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hell, I would like to be able to just buy a car, I'm 18 and I still don't have a lience -_-

Nice Articals
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I envy you people
Sitting there recollecting about the fancy car's you've seen, driven, worked on etc...

the closes i've been to a fancy car was walking into the local Mitsubishi dealership and having a look of the Evo VIII they had in the showroom...
*sighs* I want one of those......

And you people owning all your fancy cars....
I'm driving around in my beat up 1985 Holden Gemini.... (as much as it's a piece of trash, I still love the car Laughing )
otherwise the best experience I get is driving along going
*looks around*
woh... that's nice.... AND WTF IS A RED P PLATER DOING WITH A CAR LIKE THAT!!!

(for purposes of clarification, I'm not having a go at anyone.... just my warped sense of humor... which doesn't convey well in text)

Also... back on topic sorta.....
I'd like to know when Ingram is gonna waltz back in and do his bit on the EG-6 for those of us with about as much knowledge about cars as a blade of grass does
AKA, people like me Razz
The peace of the newly born,
Their black hands protect...
InGram
Madboard Mod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll get around to it soon. Embarassed
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noir86FD wrote:
*looks around*

I hate people on their P's driving expensive cars. Their rich parents, moreso. Razz

When I was in Melbourne for manifest I saw, spaced over one street, an S2000, a new Integra type R, and an R34 GT-T. All with red P plates (and, incidentally, those chinese goodluck charms hanging from the rearvision mirror...). Sigh.
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
InGram wrote:
I'll get around to it soon. Embarassed

LMAO @ InGram

Good luck charms...., yeah... so they don't end up wrapping the car around a damn light-post, or into a ditch... or a building... another car... you get the idea Razz

hell, I can't wait to get my dad's car (getting it before the end of october/mid november)
I mean compared to those cars you mentioned, waffle, it's still a POS, but compared to my car, it's god on wheels (for me anyway)
It's a 2002 model VR-X Lancer, and it's going to be mine... ALL MINE MUAHAHAHA *coughs* (*sighs*, another FF Sad)
*drools* oh if I could only get my hands on an Evo VIII I could die happy

yeah, some of you out there might think "what, a lancer, is this guy NUTS" but it's just my personal preference... I got a thing for them lol
Zeptha
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
Noir86FD wrote:
*looks around*

I hate people on their P's driving expensive cars. Their rich parents, moreso. Razz

Nah, its not always rich parents, it having a job that pays well enough for you to be able to take out a loan, so give it time and they'll stuff up on their payments and have the Repo guys at their doors.

I could do the same if I wanted to, take out a loan on a beautiful black Holden SS, but I however am not interested in paying off a car and dealing with the stress, I'd rather save my money and buy a car that will get me from A to B in perferably nine seconds flat ^_^

No seriously, something that runs well enough and won't conk out on me every single morning or every second hour would be good enough for me.

And Noir, your not the only one that loves the 85 Gemi
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zeptha wrote:
Nah, its not always rich parents, it having a job that pays well enough for you to be able to take out a loan, so give it time and they'll stuff up on their payments and have the Repo guys at their doors.

Cause I'm waiting impatiently for the w40k demo to download, I decided to run off to the aami website for a quote on a 24yr old getting an S2000.

I couldn't get it. Instant refusal on an under 25yr old with a car over $50k... Rolling Eyes I know it'd be the same with NRMA. I shudder to think the premuim with Shannons or the like, since it's something like $2500+/yr for a 200SX...
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Waffle....
try a place called Vigil...
I think that's what they were called... a Mate told me about them
he checked with them for a few cars he was interested in... fairly modified cars... and most of the quotes he got were cheaper than the insurance i'd be paying for my dad's car!!! (and he's only 18-19)
(my dad is going to be registered as the owned with me as an under 25 driver just in case he needs to drive it... and to knock down the insurance price by about half)
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noir86FD got the right idea. you get someone 35ish as the first driver & a under 25 driver as second or third & the insurance does go down by a bit.
my dad was going to try & insure me (i was 18 at the time) for his car (MY01 WRX) as first driver (as joke) and it was going to cost $3000+!!!! & even for him, at 38 yo, it still is about $900!!!

lets just say that insurance companies are mean to young people that sensable (spelling?) with these types of sports cars. Evil or Very Mad
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When checking out insurance for my new r31 skyline, the NRMA didn't care whether I was the sole driver at 21, or the 2nd driver with my dad at 54 as the first. So I registered it in my name.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:
When checking out insurance for my new r31 skyline, the NRMA didn't care whether I was the sole driver at 21, or the 2nd driver with my dad at 54 as the first. So I registered it in my name.

Same with me. It doesn't matter about the ages now as far as I can tell, it's still an insane amount of money.

Dante wrote:
lets just say that insurance companies are mean to young people that sensable (spelling?) with these types of sports cars.

It's not just about if the driver is sensible or not though, an inexperienced driver is more likely to lose control of a powerful car in any situation. One of my friends bought a TT Supra (inheritance money Razz) and he crashed it driving in the rain, when the traction control kicked in around a corner and he went straight into a parked car. The cost to fix that for an insurance company is naturally far more than if it was, say, a lancer, so obviously they'll want to charge more to cover their butts.
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, insurance...

I'm scared of what the insurance companies are going to want to do to my anus when I buy a new car next year >_<;;

Prepare yourselves for the subjugation!
Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
One of my friends bought a TT Supra (inheritance money Razz) and he crashed it driving in the rain, when the traction control kicked in around a corner and he went straight into a parked car. The cost to fix that for an insurance company is naturally far more than if it was, say, a lancer, so obviously they'll want to charge more to cover their butts.

Even more so for an import that was never factory released in Australia - parts are much harder to get for most of them.
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:

Thats funny cause i sure that when me & my dad checked the insurance, it did make a difference who was listed as the first driver & what not. maybe it's a little with insurance different down south then here in the north.

Mr Waffle wrote:
It's not just about if the driver is sensible or not though, an inexperienced driver is more likely to lose control of a powerful car in any situation.

point taken. but then you get all the other young drivers that think that they're god behind the wheel of a sport car & start doing stupid things & cause crashes. this gives the young age bracket a "stereotypical" stamp when it comes to getting insurance.

when i take my dads car for a spin, i always stick to the speed limits & don't do anything crazy (i suppose that everyones got a different view on what's crazy & what's not) but ok, i do give it alittle bit (with in the speed limit) but that is how the car is meant to be driven. it really is all a matter of opinion.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dante wrote:

when i take my dads car for a spin, i always stick to the speed limits & don't do anything crazy (i suppose that everyones got a different view on what's crazy & what's not) but ok, i do give it alittle bit (with in the speed limit) but that is how the car is meant to be driven. it really is all a matter of opinion.

I'm like that too.
My current car has no guts, no balls, no nothing in it, so i've goit a heavy ass foot when it comes to acceleration... I'll rev out more and I shift pretty damn quick in it, but i'll sit on the speed limit and otherwise not to too much "stupid" stuff...
If dad ever gives me the keys to his car, I treat it like it's the queen of england or some crap like that...
Hell, I don't wanna wreck the car before I get it Razz
That, and I'm not quite covered for insurance yet... so while I can drive it, if I smash it I'm in DEEP financial trouble Razz

and I'm also agreeing with Waffle.
It happens too many times that a few bad apples ruin things for the rest of the fruitbowl...
Evil
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
insurance on performance cars for under 25's is a killer! i paid $2500 in the first year of owning my Skyline (i got it at 23). InGram, great thread! also good to see you promote my car club, Skylines AustraliaVery Happy

by the way, the RX8 is a shocking car! there was one at the last melbourne autosalon with and exhaust mod. i thought that it would pull some good numbers on the dyno but it could bearly manage 99rwkw... so dissapointing! i prefer the RX7's any day (mmm FC)...
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, insurance... I got a quote from a mob yesterday for insurance based on a series 5 RX7 with mods I intend to do. Was nearly $4500 @__@ Probably doesn't help that I'm only 19 though XD

Needless to say, I'lll be looking for a few more quotes XD

Can anyone reccomend me a few more insurers who I can get quotes from? The quote I got was from a bunch called 'Just car Insurance' who are a performance/import branch of AAMI (Who wouldn't touch me). I'm looking at that Vigil one that was mentioned earlier ATM.

Evil
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
Ah, insurance... I got a quote from a mob yesterday for insurance based on a series 5 RX7 with mods I intend to do. Was nearly $4500 @__@ Probably doesn't help that I'm only 19 though XD

Needless to say, I'lll be looking for a few more quotes XD

Can anyone reccomend me a few more insurers who I can get quotes from? The quote I got was from a bunch called 'Just car Insurance' who are a performance/import branch of AAMI (Who wouldn't touch me). I'm looking at that Vigil one that was mentioned earlier ATM.

i am with Just Cars they are not too bad... the problem is that there are not that many insurance companies that will insure under 25's in high powered cars... there are a few brokers around but i would rather go with a company...

as for other insurance companies that might give you insurance, check out this thread from Skylines Australia, there are lots of young drivers in the club and they have similar problems trying to get insurance... hope it helps...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17692&highlight=insurance+companies
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Smile I'll give some of those places a look ^^

Also, another question. If a car has been purchased under finance (personal loan whatever) is full insurance compulsary, or is it possible to just go 3rd Party?

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Evil wrote:
by the way, the RX8 is a shocking car! there was one at the last melbourne autosalon with and exhaust mod. i thought that it would pull some good numbers on the dyno but it could bearly manage 99rwkw... so dissapointing! i prefer the RX7's any day (mmm FC)...

Maybe if it was supposed to be a Japanese Supercar like the RX-7 was then it'd be shocking... it's supposed to be a sporty family car.

Regardless, 99 rwkw? It must've been the auto model, which is 141kw. There's no way the manual, at 177kw, would lose 40% of its power through the drivetrain. Not even 4WDs lose that much...

I just checked an RX8 forum, the dyno figures seem to be between 175-180rwhp. Given that 1hp = .7kw or so, that places the manual RX8 at ~125rwkw. Methinks either the exhaust (many NA engines suffer at the hands of a poorly designed exhaust), engine problems, or a dyno not running in shootout mode (and therefore having potentially wrong settings) are to blame for this travesty.
Evil
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
Thanks Smile I'll give some of those places a look ^^

Also, another question. If a car has been purchased under finance (personal loan whatever) is full insurance compulsary, or is it possible to just go 3rd Party?

i'm not sure you will have to check with the insurance company / broker

Mr Waffle wrote:
Maybe if it was supposed to be a Japanese Supercar like the RX-7 was then it'd be shocking... it's supposed to be a sporty family car.

Regardless, 99 rwkw? It must've been the auto model, which is 141kw. There's no way the manual, at 177kw, would lose 40% of its power through the drivetrain. Not even 4WDs lose that much...

I just checked an RX8 forum, the dyno figures seem to be between 175-180rwhp. Given that 1hp = .7kw or so, that places the manual RX8 at ~125rwkw. Methinks either the exhaust (many NA engines suffer at the hands of a poorly designed exhaust), engine problems, or a dyno not running in shootout mode (and therefore having potentially wrong settings) are to blame for this travesty.

car was a manual... shootout mode is inferior imho (prior to Shootout 04) as it gives out higher readings (although each dyno's correction is different)... could have been a lot of reasons (bad fuel et al) i was just dissapointed as i had high hopes for the car...
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to let you all know. Parts of this guide will be published in an upcoming issue of KRASH magazine. It will be featured on the special DVD that will be bundled with it. (57,000 copies will be in circulation).

Thanks of course goes out to InGram for giving us Permission to use this.
There will also be special clips to go along with this feature.
Kardith
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What don't you do, Ingram? XD
Requiem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet. I don't usually collect Krash, but if you give us a heads up when it comes out i'll try and grab a copy.
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:

Do you consider 180SX's expensive? Because I will be getting one next year but to afford this I have been saving since the end of last year and I have been holding off on buying things (inc. anime). My parents are not rich so I guess you shouldn't classify everyone P plater with a expensive car as rich kids. I hate P platers with expensive cars that didn't work for the car too.

BTW, I get a measly $110 p/w from my work so I've been working A LOT.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssj3majin_vegeta wrote:
Do you consider 180SX's expensive?

Hell no, I'm talking about $30,000+ cars like R34s and S2000s and all those delicious sports cars I want Razz
Requiem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have fun trying to insure that...

I wouldn't buy an expensive car (over a few grand) that I couldn't afford to insure. I heard this about the GT-R a while ago, and found it quite insightful: 'Just because you can afford to buy it doesn't mean you can afford to run it.'

Of course, If you aren't worried about insuring it, then have fun Very Happy
the proffesional
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
180's arent too expensive nowdays, about $11,000...

and on the topic of rich kids, theres this guy at work, (around my age - 21), he HAD a puegot 206 that he wrote off driving around the mountains - head on with a ute. what do his parents do? buy him a brand new DC5 Honda Integra Type R...
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the proffesional wrote:
180's arent too expensive nowdays, about $11,000...

You could end up paying nearly half that in insurance, though.
the proffesional
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
whats this just car insurance i allways see in tv and car mags and auto salon? its meant to be specially for Japanese import type cars... is it any good?
Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I can gather, they'll insure you when other insurers won't - it just costs a packet.

My tip? Get something a bit less 'extreme' for your first car, (something like a hot hatch, or an XR6/SV6), and save your money till you hit 25, when you can get the big bangers or the turbo monsters, and won't end up paying 6k a year in insurance.
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would insuring under your parents name and puting the car under their name make it cheaper?
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssj3majin_vegeta wrote:
Would insuring under your parents name and puting the car under their name make it cheaper?

Yes, provided your name isn't included Very Happy
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PregnantBob wrote:
ssj3majin_vegeta wrote:

Yes, provided your name isn't included Very Happy

ehehe. Yeah, they're not stupid anymore Razz
Requiem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, what a good idea. Then when you write it off, you get no money at all, because your name isn't on it Razz

One little trick you can try though is location. If, say, you live in Sydney, in some crime ridden suburb, but your parents live in SafeVille, if you insure it in there name (with your name on it as a secondary driver) and list its location as SafeVille, it might work out cheaper.
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:

One little trick you can try though is location. If, say, you live in Sydney, in some crime ridden suburb, but your parents live in SafeVille, if you insure it in there name (with your name on it as a secondary driver) and list its location as SafeVille, it might work out cheaper.

It does work out to be cheaper, alot of my international students who my dad is the guardian for insure their cars under our address, we live in a low risk suburb.

And since the net has no tone...

Quote:
Oh, what a good idea. Then when you write it off, you get no money at all, because your name isn't on it Razz

You did understand what we're talking about yes?
Requiem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I know. Just making sure nobody thinks insuring the car without their name on it is a good idea Smile
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speaking of highway robbery and insurance...
I got my insurance, greenslip and my rego for my 2002 VR-X Lancer just yesterday
it's gonna cost me about $2,500 to keep it legally on the road for another year...
me as an under 25 driver with my dad listed as the main driver....
otherwise if it was all me, I'd be paying closer to $3,000
I HATE NRMA...
and pretty much all rip-off merchants... I mean insurance companies Laughing
Requiem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, you'd probably find it would cost you about $700 odd to keep it on the road legally. Nobodies forcing you to get third party property and comprehensive ensurance.
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:
Actually, you'd probably find it would cost you about $700 odd to keep it on the road legally. Nobodies forcing you to get third party property and comprehensive ensurance.

but let's be honest, you're pushing your luck if you don't.
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
even still...
they treat under 25's like crap
just because a few screw up and do stupid things shouldn't mean everyone else has to suffer Sad
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noir86FD wrote:
even still...
they treat under 25's like crap
just because a few screw up and do stupid things shouldn't mean everyone else has to suffer Sad

well if only insurance based on individuals were available. Insurance companies want YOUR MONEY the do not want to pay you for your troubles, remember that.
Noir86FD
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah... I know...
Most companies are like that, money hungry and such...
but hey, there ain't much we can do about it
*shrugs*
*saves up a few weeks worth of pay for it*
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noir86FD wrote:
speaking of highway robbery and insurance...
I got my insurance, greenslip and my rego for my 2002 VR-X Lancer just yesterday
it's gonna cost me about $2,500 to keep it legally on the road for another year...
me as an under 25 driver with my dad listed as the main driver....
otherwise if it was all me, I'd be paying closer to $3,000
I HATE NRMA...
and pretty much all rip-off merchants... I mean insurance companies Laughing

Are you serious? That's how much it would've been for me to drive a 200SX with my dad as the main driver. Definately check out another insurance company dude... Lancers, VRX or not, are not classed as sports cars, so you shouldn't be paying the price of one. I just did the aami online quote thing for myself (guessed the purchase price at $25k) and it came up with $1800...
Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
unless. of course, one of the drivers (him or his dad) has a bad driving record - If you have a habit of wrecking your cars, your insurance prices go up.

And pregnantbob, my car doesn't have comprehensive coverage (although it does have 3rd party property). Why? Because the extra cost of the insurance, combined with the excess, is half the cost of the car anyway.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:
And pregnantbob, my car doesn't have comprehensive coverage (although it does have 3rd party property). Why? Because the extra cost of the insurance, combined with the excess, is half the cost of the car anyway.

Heh yeah, one of my mates drives a gen1 RX7 and he only has 3rd party, because the cost of comp is half the cost of the car. Avoiding an accident for one year means the cost of any parts needed in the event of an accident are saved up for anyway Razz

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: