Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

who here can drift and who wants to learn

who here can drift and who wants to learn
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: who here can drift and who wants to learn Reply with quote
i was just wondering who many people on this board know how to drift did you get into drifting when you first saw initial d how did you get into it,

me i go into when i was over in japan in 99 beofre i even watched initial d (back in the days of the good old fansub tapes) i went out to meet up witha old japanese exchange student that stayed with me when i was in high school and he introduced me to it when he first took me out i was **** scared but by the time i left i was interged and started to learn my self in my old s13(yes i had to give it up for a family car when i had my first child) and over the years went back to japan several times to watche the d1 series and learnt even more things from the drivers of the d1 series,

i finaly got watch initial d back in 2003 about this time of the year,

any way i am opening my own drift club/school/team and was wondeirng how many people are intrested to learn to drift properly with out being critased like most clubs i know of in queensland but yeah just a genarl queston i wan to if you are intrested and how you got into it
xyz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Drift School... Reply with quote
Hi Gantz.

I was just wondering your overall plan for a drift school. Are you intending to run it as a CAMS affiliated organisation, or are you planning on setting up shop with private insurance?

My personal feelings on the matter are that people aren't looking for a school to teach them (not unless the Instructors are well known anyway) but more are looking for a place to drift legally and without breaking any rules.

Anyway, you don't really need to come to boards like this to find patrons for your park.... Try the drift and performance boards, and let them know when you have your drift circuit set up, and where.

Also, since you're already into drift, perhaps you can tell us about your ride? ...

xyz
gantz_takumi
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: answer's are Reply with quote
we will be running them under cam's still a bit of workl to go yet but i have several tracks to use 1 track for just beginer's on the south side of brisssy near the gold coast, a track near cabolture for the moderate to experince to use if i get nough people i will be running the thing every weekend (due me having a lovely partorl job during the week) as i said i am opening my own website very shorrtly as well but i thought i would put the queston in here since there seem to be a few drift heads about
xyz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Good luck with your endeavor Reply with quote
Quote:
i thought i would put the queston in here since there seem to be a few drift heads about

There's not really that many here. I haven't been on this forum for long, but it's mainly Initial D fans more than drift fans here.... (myself included)

Of those, there are those people who would drift, but don't have suitable vehicles/time etc and those who are already into motorsport, and have reasonable knowledge levels.... There's not a lot in between - maybe a few... It's an unusual mix. More Otaku than petrolhead.

It's just a thought, but making such aggressive posts as you have been probably isn't gaining you a lot of credibility with those that are in between. You do tend to get people's backs up a little, and most of the posters here have a lot of confidence in some of posters and moderators (most of whom do seem to know a lot about what they are talking of).

I look forward to your posting up your website with details of your project. It's a pity I live on the other side of Australia. There's not much d-sport here. When do your expect your site to be complete?

xyz.
Kardith
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, Gantz_Takumi:

Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
XD

Myself, I'd like to learn to drift, and even though I have the odd crack, I'm not going to pretend I kow how to do it at all. The biggest reason being my ancient 626 is hardly a drift machine Razz

I do intend to get into it at some point, but it's going to be a way off until I'm finished studying, am working full time and can afford to to buy a rice car.

And to echo what xyz has said, you're coming on a little too agressive and you're definately rubbing some people that post here the wrong way, and as a result people are likely not to pay you much mind. For the sake of people taking you seriously you should try to be a little more friendly. kthxcubye Smile

Prepare yourselves for the subjugation!
Pyro Maniac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
XD

Myself, I'd like to learn to drift, and even though I have the odd crack, I'm not going to pretend I kow how to do it at all. The biggest reason being my ancient 626 is hardly a drift machine Razz

I do intend to get into it at some point, but it's going to be a way off until I'm finished studying, am working full time and can afford to to buy a rice car.

And to echo what xyz has said, you're coming on a little too agressive and you're definately rubbing some people that post here the wrong way, and as a result people are likely not to pay you much mind. For the sake of people taking you seriously you should try to be a little more friendly. kthxcubye Smile

agree with sauce.

i myself would like to learn to drift but too young atm. get my L's this week YOSH! i will tho be getting a RX7 FC by the end of the year if everything goes to plan. if not then when im 18.

so this thread really deosnt apply to me yet. so ill just leave
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could probably advertise your drift school im Drift Battle(from the nice people who brought you High Performace Imports, Zoom and Hot 4's).

An example here:

A little "clipping" from Drift Battle(Sorry for the crappy quality)

Cover of Drift Battle
Once again, sorry for the crappy quality. It's a scan of my copy.
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drifting would be fun but i haven't got enough money to fork out for new tyres every week. Besides, i'm more interested in learning to race.

But i can't really afford to do either ... it would cost a lot to get a fuel surge pump, bigger brake discs, bucket seats and harnesses and all that junk you need for racing / drifting etc.
xyz
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Mr Wendal, Reply with quote
Mr Wendal

Don't worry too much about doing your car up. If you want to get out and do it, then just get out and do it.

Low end racing doesn't need an upgraded car. Your daily driver without mods is fine.

Get a CAMS license, join a club and enter autocross/khanacross competitions. It will cost about $150 for your first entry, and about $50 for each competition after that.

You usually end up racing around large carparks, but it's safe and you learn lots. And you don't need to destroy your tires either...

xyz
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like, yeah, I am the expert drifter.

ILL TAKE ANY OF U ON!!1111111

No but seriously, I'd love to learn. First I need to get my P's license, then we'll go from there. Very Happy
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your going to be shredding your tyres drifting, just get retreads. they are something like $80 for a set of 4.
Loran
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drifting is a relatively in-expensive motorsport. Sure its nice to have that fancy pants HKS turbo, with that big Greddy intercooler all hocked up to a shiny Apexi N1 exhaust system decked out in a car with a Veislide Combat kit sitting on some nice Volks TE37s. But the reality is that suspension more then anything will really be the only thing you'll need to upgrade/tweak before you go drifting.

Also I suggest people go buy Best Motoring Internalion - Drift Bible. Covers many things to help to get started on drifting.
ZACK13
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if the is a webste to how to drift than plz tell me
heihachi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok ok
but what type of drifting are you doing?

is there anyone out there tougeing? (the pure drift, the mountain drift, the initial d drift) on mountain passes?

well im giving it a go
rather than flatland
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't drive off a cliff pls.

Tabasco
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished watching Stage 1 (I know...I'm a bit late...) and boy do I really wanna learn! It may be hard on my '89 Ford Laser tho....If you live in Sydney, apparently they have Drift days at Eastern Creek or Oran Park every now and then...friends of mine went to check it out and said it was awesome...will definitely be checkin it out next time!
In the meantime I'm just practicing on GT4 Smile

Ladies! Spice up your life!!...just add TABASCO Wink
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tony wrote:
First I need to get my P's license, then we'll go from there. Very Happy

But you don't need P's, just get a CAMS license. I've got one and I don't even have my L's. Now all I need is my Skyline back which I will get this weekend. Very Happy
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have a Skyline too? Surprised

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
You have a Skyline too? Surprised

OMGs u can get 2gethar n maek babies!!!2 <3
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a White 1990 R32 gts-t, I can't even drive it on the streets because I don't even have my L's yet Sad. I'll take some pics when I get it back from the shop.
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want a Skyline. @___@

CAMS license aye...
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't have one. So ner Razz

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: