Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Sojiro and Soujirou a coincidence?

Sojiro and Soujirou a coincidence?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Sojiro and Soujirou a coincidence? Reply with quote
You remember when Kenshin has a flashblack in about episode 28 (1st episode of the Kyoto arc) and there is that kid (leader of Shinsengumi Squad One) who coughs a lot of blood? Well if you look here you will see something very coincidental indeedy. It turns out that Okita Souji was also known as Soujirou. I remember when I saw the first glimpse of Sojiro (when he assasinates Lord Okubo), I thought he was the kid, Okita Souji. It turns out that Souji died so they can't be the same person.
Preety Interestingo...
Also there is a Harada Sanosuke. But that's not as interesting...

Last edited by Konkeror on Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
kakarotsan
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woh. That's pretty interesting. I would've been more surprised, but your sitting right next to me, so you told me when you found out.

Japanese Class is fun Very Happy

And yeh, I thought the same thing. I saw Okita, and I'm like 'oh right, little kid with floppy hair '. Then I see Sojiro, and I'm like 'Isn't that that Okita guy?'

So yeh, Sojiro seems to be a nice tribute to Okita. Name and looks.
Asuka: Hey, get up you! It's time to wake up you stupid dork! *screams* You stupid pervert I didn't mean for you to get THAT up! Shinji: I can't help it, it's morning. I gotta take a wiz or something... Asuka: *screams* Don't POINT it at me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vela
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I read somewhere that Sojiro's characters design was actually based on Okita...but where I can't seem to remember... Razz
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vela wrote:
I think I read somewhere that Sojiro's characters design was actually based on Okita...but where I can't seem to remember... Razz

It says that he was based on Okita in the manga. But that is pretty obvious really if you look at the two characters.
Konkeror
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oi remember when I said about Sanosuke in the SHinsengumi? Check out these comparisons http://allkenshin.com/history/shinsengumi_members.shtml
kakarotsan
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeh, the headband, the spikish hair, and the 'always chewing on something' thing. Sano could be a tribute to this guy. Pity it doesn't have a picture of the real life Shinsengumi Sanosuke though. For all we know he could look completely different.

Just for the sake of it:

Shinesengumi Sano: http://allkenshin.com/history/anime_sanosuke.jpg

Sano Sano ( Smile ): http://gallery.kenshin.nu/galls/solo/sanosuke03.jpg
Asuka: Hey, get up you! It's time to wake up you stupid dork! *screams* You stupid pervert I didn't mean for you to get THAT up! Shinji: I can't help it, it's morning. I gotta take a wiz or something... Asuka: *screams* Don't POINT it at me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jinsenblade
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes you are right, Soujiro borrows liberally from the real life, and adored swordsman of the Shinsengumi - Okita Souji. And also if you are a crazy know-it-all (like me :p) you'd know that Okita's former name was actually 'Soujirou'.

From memory... Okita was head of the first squad, Nagakura Shinpachi the second squad, Saitou was the third and Harada Sanosuke was leader of the tenth squad. I remember reading this particular squad was adept with spears.

I think Saitou in Watsuki's creation was more of a mix between the real life figure and Hijikata Toshizo (nicknamed the demon vice-captain - he had an ill temper). From my point of view, Saitou was a man that was very much in the shadows, a quiet and non-assuming sort of figure.

Probably why he did the most executions eh? (Takeda Kanryuusai head of the 5th squad was done in by Saitou).
Issy
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kakarotsan wrote:

Japanese Class is fun Very Happy

you bet!!!! Wink

PROJECT A-KO ^_^

AND IT FINALLY COMES THANKYOU MADMAN U R THE BEST...

ISSY IS HAPPY

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: