Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The General Video Game Discussion Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
The General Video Game Discussion Thread
Author
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dreamwalker, you have superb taste in gaming - that was an excellent slice of Mega Drive goodness.

And yes, the 3D controller for the Saturn is uber. I have one, though I want the hideously coloured Japanese version as well. Just because Wink

Oh, and I've done a quick Asuka 120% clip - currently downloading Dr DivX to help me encode it, as I'm lazy Wink Will post a link once it's up.

Stormo: Damn lack fo Shen 3. Maybe when AM2 are cashed-up again after a few more VF games they can finish it off. Because they should. Damn mainstreamers not buying it.

-Mangaman-
Angel_Cop_Fan
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used to play magic candle on the PC a long time ago was one of the best rpg i played ever.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
Dreamwalker, you have superb taste in gaming - that was an excellent slice of Mega Drive goodness.

Actually, I thought he failed dismally, as the list completely lacked Gunstar Heroes, which is by far the best Megadrive game ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Actually, I thought he failed dismally, as the list completely lacked Gunstar Heroes, which is by far the best Megadrive game ever.

True, but he did mention Story of Thor, which is uber and beats the sequel on the Saturn (even if said sequel had some amazing graphics... though it forgot what a story was...) and Landstalker, which is also uber, especially once you're used to the control scheme. I was actually published in an old copy of Sega Megazone because I sent in a letter with a question regarding a section in the game. The title of my letter when it was printed was 'D'uh, I don't get it'. I chose to be amused at this Very Happy

Speaking of Mega Drive gaming, did anyone ever play Light Crusader? Treasure made it and I wanted to pick it up, but never got around to it. Was it any good?

-Mangaman-
Dreamwalker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Light Crusader was really really crap.
I finished it in a night.

My first initial thought was OMG it looks like Landstalker.

But man it certainly didn't play like it.

Currently Playing: Star Ocean 3 , Chaos Legion
winged_seraphim
Melfina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Megadrive was a good console, but had so many unsatisfactory titles on it. Add to that Sega are better at making titles instead of consoles, and it's pretty easy to see why it failed.
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It failed? I was under the impression it did very well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
winged_seraphim
Melfina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not really, Nintendo owned it. It's Sonic titles rocked, but there wasn't much else on offer. Sega is best as it is now, as a top notch games producer.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uh... hate to break it to you, but Sega aren't a top notch game producer anymore.

The Megadrive was the most successful Sega console outside of Japan, I believe. It was the only console of theirs to really hit it big in the USA.

(Conversely, the Saturn is their most successful console in Japan. Sega were always third-fiddle to Nintendo and NEC in their homeland.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
scroll
Ranpha Franboise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recommend Metroid Prime Echoes, it is good!

Someone is like a God...
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
scroll wrote:
I recommend Metroid Prime Echoes, it is good!

I got it the other day. It's good if you enjoyed the first one cause they really didn't change much, just swaped in new enemies and guns... it's the same as, say, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... same game different cover.

Its still has the stupidly frustrating boss battles, to boot. -_-;
Jeranon
Ryuk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
It's good if you enjoyed the first one cause they really didn't change much, just swaped in new enemies and guns... it's the same as, say, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... same game different cover.

You mean... it's like a sequel? Shocked
Kloppy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Uh... hate to break it to you, but Sega aren't a top notch game producer anymore.
The Megadrive was the most successful Sega console outside of Japan, I believe. It was the only console of theirs to really hit it big in the USA.
(Conversely, the Saturn is their most successful console in Japan. Sega were always third-fiddle to Nintendo and NEC in their homeland.)

I thought that despite SegaUSA's best efforts, the Dreamcast was relatively successfull.
You're right about Sega not being a top game producer anymore though. They have some good games under their name, but Sega generally has had little to do with their creation other than financing other smaller groups to do the coding.

All your base belong to EA
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree. Damn you Sammy, damn you to hell! Then again, you could also attack Sega's crazy bureacracy that in many ways led to having to merge with Sammy. Segabase is a rather excellent source on all this, and there's some great books on the history of gaming out there.

Quote:

*nods*

The Mega Drive did very well for itself and toppled Nintendo, who literally owned the North American market before the MD/Genesis, and I'm not just talking market share. Then Nintendo got an internal kick up the rear, pushed the SNES and gave Sega a kick also - given Sega's NA and Japanese offices wouldn't talk to each other and were working on multiple uncoordinated hardware projects didn't help either.

And the reason the Saturn was so uber was due to its popularity in Japan; in fact, until Square moved to Sony, it was an interesting clash between the two machines. Meanwhile Nintendo were pissed and hit their lowpoint, the N64, though there were some gems on the console (like Mario 64 and Zelda).

Anywho, enough discourse on that - I'll leave it there. Before I leave though, it has to be said that the Mega Drive bombed in Japan; even today it's apparently quite tricky to find second hand Megadrive games in Japan (like Akihabara), particularly in comparison to SNES and Saturn titles. Man, I could just imagine how dangerous Akihabara would be to me... I'd be in retro gaming heaven Very Happy

DW: Cheers for the info RE: Light Crusader. I will now steer clear Very Happy

Oh, and I just had a thought - favourite Mega CD games for me - Sonic CD (it had an animated intro song! It was huge back in 1993!) and Ecco CD. Mind you there were other uber games on the Mega CD (despite an amusingly tiny catalogue of titles), but I remember those two with the most nostalgia.

-Mangaman-
Kloppy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the Mega CD: Wasn't there like, two or three games that were Mega CD+ 32X ? I remember seeing a preview for one and it looking fantastic (at the time of course)
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kloppy wrote:
You're right about Sega not being a top game producer anymore though. They have some good games under their name, but Sega generally has had little to do with their creation other than financing other smaller groups to do the coding.

Actually, I meant it in the sense that Sega don't exist as a corporate entity anymore.

I know it was possible to have a MegaCD game that used the 32X, and one might have even been released. I don't think it was possible (nor feasible) to do the reverse, though.

The 32X was probably the most ill-advised hardware add-on in the history of gaming, even more so than the MegaCD itself.
Kloppy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman: Sega base is a much better source for all things Sega. http://www.eidolons-inn.net/segabase/

In breaking news, I just got Gradius V from ebay for AU$20.50
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
StorminNorman wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree. Damn you Sammy, damn you to hell! Then again, you could also attack Sega's crazy bureacracy that in many ways led to having to merge with Sammy. Segabase

It amuses me that the best of Sega's post-console efforts have been on the xbox; games like JSRF, Shenmue 2, etc... vs the absolute rubbish they've thrown up onto the GC, like the ports of the sonic adventure games. *shudder*
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FZero GX and Super Monkey Ball were pretty good, though.

Also, I thought JSRF was a bit... pants, to be honest.

EDIT: OH! AND SKIES OF ARCADIA: LEGENDS OWNS THE SKY.
Lain|v2
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love FZGX and JSRF. Both got cool graphics and are great to play esp JSRF since there are so many things to do! Smile

Anyone played OutRun2 yet?
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes.

It is Good.

<3 Magical Sound Shower.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Genesis eventually sold more units than the SNES, though I assume that's across all three revisions of the design.
Dreamwalker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TOP 5 Snes games

5. Chrono Trigger
Made in the last days of the Snes (well just for the English speaking countries). A lot of people hail this as one of the best Rpgs ever made which I think is a bit overrated. But nevertheless it's a great Rpg not one of the best but still great.

4. Breath of Fire 2
A very cool tale of Dragons and Demons. A good bunch of Colourful characters and villians. I especially liked the Spirt fusion where characters merged with Elemental Spirts to change their form (It was fun to experiment).

3. Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)
Even though I much prefered the original, SOM2's tale of 6 heroes was very enjoyable, mainly because depending on which characters you choose gave you different tales to play (only in bits and pieces) but still it led to great replay value.

2. Terranigma
Everyone one my friends never heard of this game at the time but after I lent it to them they came saying thats one of the best games I've played, It had a enormous effect on those who played it.

It was a excellent story about (creation, progression of human civilisation and the Lightside and Darkside of Life and Death.

1.Secret of Mana
This one was a personal favourite (because not many people liked it). It just had a good blend that appealed to me. (GO Flammie)

It was the first Squaresoft Title I played back they had talent (as you can see I'm quite p***ed off with them for their last 3 games before Star Ocean 3).

NEXT SEGA SATURN

Meguel Sanchez
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
FZero GX and Super Monkey Ball were pretty good, though.

Also, I thought JSRF was a bit... pants, to be honest.

EDIT: OH! AND SKIES OF ARCADIA: LEGENDS OWNS THE SKY.

im pretty sure they wernt actually responsible for the GC version at all, it was only the arcade port

i think it was part of the whole triforce board thingo nintendo, sega and (i think) namco did.

and did sega actually make skies of arcadia or did they just publish it???

oh and on another note SUPER MONKEY BALL ULTIMATE is coming to PS2 and X-Box, over 400 levels of monkey madness Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dreamwalker wrote:
TOP 5 Snes games
1.Secret of Mana
This one was a personal favourite (because not many people liked it). It just had a good blend that appealed to me. (GO Flammie)

It was the first Squaresoft Title I played back they had talent (as you can see I'm quite p***ed off with them for their last 3 games before Star Ocean 3).

Secret of mana was liked by a gazillion people, so much they made a GBA game called Sword of Mana. I luv it. The old one, not the GBA.

I agree. FF9-X2 sucked balls.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dreamwalker wrote:
TOP 5 Snes games

5. Chrono Trigger

4. Breath of Fire 2

3. Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)

2. Terranigma

1.Secret of Mana

There's a significant lack of variety in your list. Where's Super Mario World? Where's R-Type 3? Where's Super Probotector? Starfox? The Legend of Zelda?

You don't even have Mother 2/Earthbound or Tales of Phantasia, arguably the best RPGs ever made for any system, ever.

I don't disagree with many of your opinions on the games on that list, but I don't think many of them deserve to be there. Seiken Densetsu 3 certainly doesn't.

Meguel Sanchez wrote:
im pretty sure they wernt actually responsible for the GC version at all, it was only the arcade port

They developed the game itself. There's a big Sega logo right above the Nintendo logo as the game boots up. It's quite a revelation for a hardcore Nintendo fanboy like myself.

Quote:
i think it was part of the whole triforce board thingo nintendo, sega and (i think) namco did.

Yes, FZero AX was a TriForce game. AX and GX were developed in tandem by the same team.

Quote:
and did sega actually make skies of arcadia or did they just publish it???

It was developed by Sega Overworks, which was one of their internal development studios. Later they became Sega WOW, and now they're part of what's left ot Sonic Team, I think.

Last edited by StorminNorman on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meguel Sanchez
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm you learn something new everyday Very Happy

StorminNorman wrote:
You don't even have Mother 2/Earthbound or Tales of Symphonia, arguably the best RPGs ever made for any system, ever.

he was doing a Snes list so i assume you are meaning tales of phantasia or something to that extent?

my KATAMARI DAMACY is arriving today from canada Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cant wait
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah. I had Phantasia in the original version of the post, then edited it a bit, and somehow Symphonia got there instead.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kloppy: Been there, read through all of it. And loved it Very Happy

Stormo: I like DW's list of SNES games, but I only got into the SNES towards the end of its lifecycle - I was one of those Sega fanboys during the 16-bit era. Then started to become less anally retentive and bought a SNES with my brother, because I wanted to play Secret of Mana and Killer Instinct. I don't know why the latter encouraged me to do so, though at the time, it seemed to be well regarded. Then aagin, so was Mortal Kombat. Oh the early-mid 90s! How I remember you! Very Happy Anywho, the crux of this point is that I probably know bugger all of the SNES greats, simply because I didn't follow it from the start. As opposed to the SMS/Mega Drive/Saturn/Dreamcast, all of which I was obsessed with... and in many ways still am Smile

Personally, I believe Sailormoon R on the SNES is uber. Actually, it's a bit rubbish, but it's rubbishy fun. And my fiance would sit down and play it with me. This is golden.

Also, what about Super Metroid? Star Fox was cool as well, and TMNT: Turtles in Time was menega... though I think I like the original TMNT game for the Mega Drive a little better, even if the voice samples were a little fuzzier.

Never played Mother 2... because I didn't. Did it ever get an official English language release? I remember the hooplah when it was playable via emulation though...

DW: I'm interested to see what the Saturn list would look like. I couldn't bring it down to five, as I love a ton of games for the system Very Happy

Oh, and in a completely unrelated event - I finally have a replacement cart adpator coming in for my NES. Despite crazy tweaking, cleaning and optimising, the cart slot on my repaired NES was still mangled. This new development will of course solve the problem and I can fire the machine up to my heart's content. Huzzah!

[final edit]: Stormo, did you take a squiz at the Asuka 120% vid? I'm curious as to your thoughts on it.

-Mangaman-
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jeranon wrote:
Mr Waffle wrote:
It's good if you enjoyed the first one cause they really didn't change much, just swaped in new enemies and guns... it's the same as, say, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... same game different cover.

You mean... it's like a sequel? Shocked

Well after playing Half Life 2 I guess my expectations for a sequal were raised a bit Razz
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Half life 2 was only 70% as good as the original.

IMHO.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
Also, what about Super Metroid? Star Fox was cool as well, and TMNT: Turtles in Time was menega... though I think I like the original TMNT game for the Mega Drive a little better, even if the voice samples were a little fuzzier.

I've never played Super Metroid enough to form an opinion on it. I do love NES Metroid so, though.

The SNES got the superior port of Turtles Arcade. Turtles in Time was... pants, though.

Quote:
Never played Mother 2... because I didn't. Did it ever get an official English language release? I remember the hooplah when it was playable via emulation though...

Earthbound = English release of Mother 2. I don't know if it actually got a PAL release, but it was released in North America. It is, from what I've played so far (a few hours worth), really awesome, despite an... odd battle system.

Apparently it has the greatest ending in a video game, ever.

Quote:
[final edit]: Stormo, did you take a squiz at the Asuka 120% vid? I'm curious as to your thoughts on it.

Not yet. It's sitting in my ~ somewhere though, so I'll get to it soon enough.
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
somethingawful.com wrote:
Puppies chew on items for three primary reasons:

1) Their teeth are just growing in, so they are very tender and sore and commanding them via morse code to chew on everything you own.
2) The puppy is bored and, due to the lack of opposable thumbs, cannot entertain himself by playing Katamari Demacy.
3) Your pet hates you.
Dreamwalker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr. Wendal wrote:
Dreamwalker wrote:

Actually I love FF VI-X.

The 3 games I was talking about were:

FF Tactics Advance: What a waste of my time ( one of the worst endings ever).

FF-X2: Square got there priorities wrong with this one.

Sword of Mana not as bad as the other two but thought it was a step back for the series. (I know it was a prequel/remake but I'm talking in terms
of gameplay).

StorminNorman: One: I dislike games like R-type, Two: Zelda LTTP would be on my GBA list since I found more enjoyable on the little handheld.
Three: Super Mario world was the best Platformer on Snes if I did a Top 10 it would be there.
As for Tales of Phantasia I enjoyed it but not as much as the games on my list.

Mangaman: Super Metroid would be no 6. Smile
BTW I also brought my Snes at its end I think it was the Christmas of
95 or 96. Anyway I got mine for $100.

Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hate Tetris for the all the hours of life it has stolen from me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
but the tetris theme was catchy enough to keep you forgetting the hours gone by.

Anime News Network Australia
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
but the tetris theme was catchy enough to keep you forgetting the hours gone by.

Its an old Russian song that was stollen by Tetris.

Quote:

FF9 kicked arse?! You suck.... Very Happy
Jeranon
Ryuk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wolfgangh wrote:
madmangohan wrote:

Its an old Russian song that was stollen by Tetris.

Well, given that Tetris was invented by a Russian, it kind of makes sense.
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wolfgangh wrote:

Quote:

FF9 kicked arse?! You suck.... Very Happy

It was the better of the three, i didn't like it only 'cause i dont like old school fantasy settings much. It was a good game, but didn't hold a candle to 7 or 8 (8's my fav.)

I hated FFTA too.

I don't think i'll even bother with the franchise anymore. It's all far too mage and swordsman fantasy-world now, rather than hi-tech goodness.
I just criticised final fantasy for being too fantasy.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally, FF9 would probably have gotten me to play a Final Fantasy game as it appeared to be the most old school. I found FF8 a bit contrived and while I thought FF7 looked great and seemed interesting, I didn't ever give it much of a go. I blame that on my Phantasy Stay loyalty, which makes me irrationally biased.

Not that I'm knocking the FF games, but they never have really interested me. Except for FF6, which I thought looked really cool; especially the intro. Terra is like the greatest tune Very Happy

Stormo: Thanks for clearing the Mother 2/Earthbound thing up for me. I always wondered what all the hooplah was about when someone mentioned either of those titles. Now I feel enlightened Smile

Oh, and you should give Super Metroid a go if you liked Metorid on the NES. Very cool. And as for TMNT, the Mega Drive version actually wasn't a port of an arcade game - it was an original title Konami put on the Mega Drive. It came out when they did their MD inspiration flash - Sunset Riders, TMNT and the super awesome uber great Rocket Knight Adventures. I think the sequel, Sparkster, was a good release for the SNES, but the Mega Drive sequel was sh!te.

Rocket Knight Adventures is uber. I love that game.

-Mangaman-
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I remember Rocket Knight Adventure. It (and Sparkster, too) was utterly awesome.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr. Wendal wrote:

I hated FFTA too.

Well I agree with you there... oh dear god, its like they got FF Crystal Chronicals, and a nomral FF game, took out all the bits that made either of them fun. And made a game out of it... absolutly brilliant idea there Square Very Happy

Also have to say Duke Nukem, not the unsatisfactory ones after Duke 3D but the ages old one were you had to fight Dr Proton and you shot robots that turned into Chicken legs Very Happy God that game was cool... *goes to look for it on Abandonware sites*
Dreamwalker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I was 8 when I played Rocket Knight Adventures, a very decent platformer.

StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wolfgangh wrote:
Well I agree with you there... oh dear god, its like they got FF Crystal Chronicals, and a nomral FF game, took out all the bits that made either of them fun. And made a game out of it... absolutly brilliant idea there Square Very Happy

No. They took Final Fantasy Tactics, improved the play mechanic, lobotomised the story and crunched it into a GBA cart.

FFTA is incredibly fun, if you like Tactics RPGs. I'll take it in lieu of a GBA version of Disgaea, at any rate.

Which, I've discovered, I do.
Jeranon
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I choose Fire Emblem over FFTA.

But FE's savegame design is annoying.
Dreamwalker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jeranon wrote:
I choose Fire Emblem over FFTA.

Except for FE's annoying savegame design.

Same here (except the bit about the saving, it made it more challenging).

Fire Emblem is the new reason why I'm still a fan of Nintendo.

I can't wait for FE Seima no Kouseki on GBA and FE Souen no Kiseki on the Cube.

StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I prefer Advance Wars to Fire Emblem, for some reason.
Jeranon
Ryuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So do I.

It has a savegame design that isn't annoying.

But to be technical, it is simpler than FE and just as elegant in its mechanics. FE probably is just carrying forward baggage from previous iterations and as AW was made by the same people, they probably learnt from FE's mistakes. Or something like that. Maybe not.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is Fire Emblem on the Cube a remake of one of the GBA games, or a new title?

BTW DW - find Rocket Knight Adventures. It is menega.

Stormo: Did you play Rocket Knight Adventures on the Mega Drive or the SNES? I know Sparkster came out for the SNES (and it didn't suck, unlike the Mega Drive version of it), but didn't know about the original.

-Mangaman-
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read somewhere that the MD version of Rocket Knight Adventures was better that the SNES. Not in terms of aesthetics, but gameplay and stuff. Not sure if it's true.

He needs to be given a new game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 3 of 341

Jump to: