Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The General Video Game Discussion Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339, 340, 341  Next
The General Video Game Discussion Thread
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen one of the DLC characters on youtube where you can play as Kreddy Krueger...which is good for extra laughs.
I've seen his fatality where he stabs he's opponent in the chest with he's blades.

From what I've heard the DLC is classic outfits and fatalities and four extra characters which include Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi and Kreddy Krueger.

I've been playing DMC Devil May Cry lately and AC3 and both games are keeping me busy.

::DMC Devil May Cry::

With the new DMC I'm still trying to get the hang of the new controls and system even if it's sort of a copy of the original DMC games but the control are a little bit different this time.
eg. There's NO Hold R1 for shift commands like R1+towards your opponent for stinger and Hold R1+away from your opponent for helmbreaker and other Launchers etc.

This time it's the same sort of actions but the controls are different eg for launching is just one button such as hitting O (PS3) for Lauching which is easy enough.
But for Stinger it's a little harder since you have to tap Towards, Towards and Melee attack on the analogue controls...but for me as a "COMMON" DMC Fan and player this makes Stinger a little bit more harder to pull off with the constant tapping toward twice when as before it was just Hold R1+Towards your oppoent which I've found easier.

Like I said it's just a matter of getting use to the new system even though this is a completely new remake and this will be the Pros and Cons of this game as getting use to the new control system.

Also there's Angel and Demon switching Modes and also and Evade button.
You can also do Demon Evade or Angel Evade moves which I'm still haven't seen the benefit of which is better since Angel Evade gets you more distance from your opponet on the last minute evade while Demon Evade gives you a power boost on a last minute evade...which are both handy.

The Angel Mode and Demon Mode abilities are sweet but getting use to switching between each by just holding L2 for Angel Mode and R2 for Demon Mode while unleashing your attacks.

Both Angel mode and Demon modes have grapple moves AM(Angel Mode) pulls you towards your opponent while DM (Demon Mode) pulls your opponent towards you...Nice! as it adds a little bit of Nero from DMC4...also it adds infinite combo possibilities and escapes.
Also you need these abilities throughout the games for grappling up to areas.

The only other bad thing about this games is that you have to constanly replay missions over and over again for unlock rooms, lost souls and secret mission keys which these rooms can only be accessed through a certain weapon which are unlocked at the beginning of your first play through.
Since I haven't even finished the game yet and only have completed the first 5 missions and I already find this game a little too frustrating when it comes to finding everything in every mission.
eg. Secret mission keys which you have to find so you can unlock Secret mission doors, and sometimes you can't even find the keys which is a pain.
Which means NO KEY...No Secret Mission, and that also means No extended Maximum life items called Health Cross Fragment (Basically it's like the same ol good ol Blue Orb fragments from DMC 1-4 secret missions).

If secret missions DIDN'T NEED KEYS then it would be just like previous DMC games wouldn't it...so why add the KEY element to this game...Ninja Theory well you didn't get my vote on this part.
Also having to re-do all the missions again just for finding all the lost souls for a bonus I'd don't know what for.

As for the Acting and cutscenes well I get to that later as I still only played the first few missions to get the full story.
Also this is a REMAKE so the story of Sparda and Eva will be similar but different since it's Angel and Demon relationship and NOT Demon and Human relationship liked before.
Also it seems Mundus which from DMC1 now has a pretty lame human form but personally I liked Mundus from DMC1 now he was pretty badass Demon King who looked like a giant Angel statue monster that seriously gave you a hard time.

Whether Sparda seems less Legendary this time where as like in original DMC series he is called 'The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda' now that name has a ring to it.

SO have Ninja Theory ruined this game? Well at least Dante doesn't look like a crack/meth addict like previously shown a year ago when Ninja Theory first announced DMC remake.

But still I'm a true fan of the original series and this new reboot doesn't seem to justify the legendary story's which make the original sound EPIC.
Every character you meet in the original series always talks about the legendary Sparda but in this new series he seems just like an ordinary Demon traitor.

Oh...there's even one scene in DMC where they mock and make fun of the old Dante hair style when Dante gets hit with a white wig and looks like the ol original Dante and then Dante looks in the mirror and saids "Not in a million years" so it seems Ninja Theory HATES the old original Dante hair style look.
I swear this game received NEGATIVE reviews because Ninja Theory took away the old Original Dante look and now they mock it and make fun of it withing the game...seriously the original series was not that bad and even generated a lot of fans.
But do Ninja Theory really HATE the DMC series?
I mean what were they thinking in changing he's looks and doing a whole angel/Demon Hybrid thing instead.
I can see they wanted a game with the title "Devil May Cry" ,which means someone who has the power to take on the devil but they just copied the old original series and made it there own little version of it but not as legendary as it sounded like before.

You could say Ninja Theory are plagiarizing the previous series in a way but they've changed Dante's look and story so it won't plagiarize the original...seems a little sneaky tactic but Why couldn't they just get the rights to make DMC5 instead while keeping the original look?

I know a remake makes more possibilities and more story so to speak, but you can also lose fans and alienate them by changing things a little to drastic.

I will still have to finish this game for me to finish this review to see if this game is justified to fit along side the original series to be a good game.
So far the fight system is OK but the story may a little lame and even the original DMC had left open more possibilities.
What you need is good writers that can come up with better sequels from the original.

Reboot kinda spells disaster if fans are not happy.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Walking Dead finally lurched its way to the classification board. MA15+. Presumably they were waiting for R18+ to come into effect, just in case.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So THQ finally went under, not really a surprise considering how bad thier finances have been for the last few years. It seems though that some of the current IP's and developer studios are one sale- example being Relic (and subsequently CoH2) being sold to Sega.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the other hand, Darksiders developer Vigil will be closed down as nobody wanted to buy them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As yet (from what I read), but hopefully some company does pick them up.
Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, as long as their stuff doesn't magically disappear from my Steam library...
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Typhrus wrote:
As yet (from what I read), but hopefully some company does pick them up.

Word on the street is that Platinum will pick up the rights to the franchise, and they may hire some of the staff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angel_Cop_Fan
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dishonored seems ok its more like Hitman series only more steam punk era...!
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed QLD to refuse selling of R18+ games to QLD customers until some time after 7th February when there legislation might be approved.
Since I've read it's the only state not to get it's legislation in by the 1st of January deadline.

Games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus for PSVita(uncut version of NGS2) and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge are both rated R18+ games, but are both listed as NOT available for sale to QLD customers on ebgames website.

Which is funny that even online stores will still refuse to sell to QLD until approved, but every other state is allowed...meaning people will just get the games from other states if they could.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's the same thing with Underbelly, although it was due to court orders, rather than legislation. The first series couldn't be sold to Victorians (even online), and the 3-movie Files set couldn't be sold to NSWers (again, also online). Instead, NSW got a 2-movie version. It's probably the reason there's no Blu-ray Files set.

I picked up the 3-movie version in an ACT JB Hi-Fi.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo from the PSN and this demo is different to the Demo I played at Ebgames Expo.

PSN Demo starts when Raiden gets his new body(sorry for spoilers but it's a NO BRAINER that he has black armour cyborg body).
Ebgames Expo Demo look like it starts mid way or even after the PSN Demo.
In the full version you do start in his first body which is his white armour from MGS4.
The Demo pretty much tells you the story even though it's a 1 level only playable game...such as Boris saying "How do you like your new body".

The most frustrating part about MGR:R is that getting the 'Cut and take'(Zandatsu) which is NOT AS EASY as you may think.

For Zandatsu you have to 'hit the mark' or 'hit the bullseye' so to speak on the targets for a perfect Zandatsu.
Some times your fighting the camera controls in order to hit the bullseye meaning you cut up your foes but you miss the bullseye in order to trigger the option to 'Cut and take the spine' for a recharge and some extra BP points.

Also cutting up your foes may seem easy but if you want an S rank you must get No Damage throughout the mission.
Also if you cut them up too much and go overboard you might miss grabbing the spine for a finishing move even if you do hit the bullseye...so you can go overboard in this game which is quite funny.
But you can grab the spin off the ground if you went a little too crazy...but all it takes is practice. Laughing

For enemy's I have to say Gekko's are the freakin hardest to fight since there big and can kick you to the curb.
Also it takes quite a few combo hits to weaken area's of their body so you can cut off.
eg. attack the legs until they are highlighted in blue means you've weaken that leg or legs can can be cut.

You can also stealth kill Gekko's which is way more easier for a Zandatsu and also prevents taking a risk of fighting them.
You can also 'just parry' gekko attacks and counter for a dizzy which opens up a finishing move which is very cool.

But BEST thing about this game is the Stealth play as you can sneak around and kill anything without triggering an 'alert' just like the old MGS games series.
Also you have augment mode which is your visor which allows you to see through walls and see where your opponent are which makes up peaking around corners like in the old series.

Trigger an alert or get spotted and your in for some deep hurt if they all start coming for ya at once.
SO practice your sneaking around and playing stealthy is the best option for no damage and S rank.
But if you like a crazy challenge go running in swinging that HF Blade like crazy and don't care about alerts and take on everything until everything is literately in pieces...Then you can call yourself Raiden's original nickname 'Jack the Ripper'. Razz

Also there's a trophy's in the full version for keeping 'Left Hands' which is quite tricky to cut off left hands for Intel purposes and upgrade bonuses but I have see this in full version to investigate this.
In most cases you cut up your foes so much that even the left hands can't be attained because you totally destroyed their bodies in the process.
So how you cut is probably very important in this game.

The boss fight in this demo is a robot wolf, which looks a bit like a relative of Ravage in Transformers who is a panther robot.

In the demo I played at ebgames the boss was helicopter and not blade wolf for a boss so it seemed like another demo version of MGR:R.

But I can say this, the Boss fights is where you REALLY need to learn how to 'parry' and learn those combos.
To parry you press wide attack button and stick towards your opponent at the right time.
If you time it right you with have an parry animation which deflects the attack and puts your opponent off balance then you counter for a instance dizzy.
The Parry system is good but some will complain there is no block button...but having a block button will just make Raiden stand still and block which he doesn't really need.
The parry system works like this:
1. (Parry) Parry too late and you will be knocked back but still will block the attack.
2. (Just Parry) Parry at the last possible moment of being hit and you push the enemy back but Raiden won't be pushed back this time...then at this time counter attack for an instant dizzy...but I've yet to get the hang of Just Parry attacks on all enemy's.

But doing parry's on bosses will be no easy task, since they do have attacks which you do need to look out for such as:
I have notice your opponent's 'Eye will Flash or Glow RED' when they're going for an attack on you which is a key notice to either parry or dodge at that momemt.
It's basically saying Red means 'Danger' and I've notice this quite a bit through game play clips on youtube.
Also if you opponents 'Eye flash or Glow YELLOW' it will be a grab move by some PMC's

The game sure is fun, but will people find it fun or boring after a few hours of gameplay.
If all your doing is cutting up your opponents you may not like it...but the games still has stealth which can relate to the Solid series.
The full game will have more harder modes that sure will have your ass handed back to you.
Most of you probably have seen the trailers of Raiden fighting Metal Gear Ray, which will most likely be the first boss in your original White cyborg outfit...so this will keep you busy an interested if your a Metal gear fan.

but I've alway hear about the devoted MGS fans which act like idiots and trolls and say things like "this isn't a 'Solid' game and not worth getting because it isn't 'Solid series'".
Well for me I don't care what they say since I enjoyed both demo's that I've played of MGR:R.
Besides I may have only played MGS4 out of the whole series but still I rather enjoyed it.
I may not be a devoted fan and haven't played all the Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid series but I will still like this even if I'm a new fan to the series.

MGR:R is spin-off from solid series but STILL you can play stealthy which is one thing still good about it.
It maybe hack and slack with stealth element to it but Raiden's a ninja so at least he's acting like one...so I don't object to this change in the series even if it is a spin-off...I just can't wait for the full version release to see how if fully stands out.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Master Kaze
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't say that. I haven't even finished San Andreas yet.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah we don't really need a big ass banner saying it's coming out...it's a no brainer on that one.
Quite franky I don't really care much for the series...I haven't played any of them except for #2 or was it #3 at friends place just for 10 minutes, which was years go...still didn't think much of the series after that...sorry for all you GTA fans but it's just not for me.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussie-Byron
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Yeah we don't really need a big ass banner saying it's coming out...it's a no brainer on that one.
Quite franky I don't really care much for the series...I haven't played any of them except for #2 at friends place just for 10 minutes, which was years go...still didn't think much of the series after that...sorry for all you GTA fans but it's just not for me.

You realise GTAII was from like.. a top down perspective, it has next to nothing in common with modern GTA's.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hang on a minute it could of been GTA3...I can't remember which one it was...it was years ago and only for like 10 minute play time.
But I'm certain it wasn't top down 2D view.
I remember you could steal an ambulance and drive around in it in an open sandbox world as a third person perspective.
Is that GTA3? That was the first sandbox version right?
See...I haven't play much of the series and yet I can't remember which one I've had played. Laughing
I just didn't really follow any of the series.
I do recall people talk about the very first and old 2D version, which even still was beneath my notice at the time.

I heard you could steal and control a train one of the first games.
Grand Theft Train has a funny ring to it and the good ol Grand Theft Chopper
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They are all pretty much sandbox games, go about how you please.

As for the train thievery, that was in San Andreas if you played just the one game for 10 minutes.
chippy
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well blizzard has anounced that the Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm will have an australian launch event that they will be running/attending.
its going to be held in melbourne at fed square at 8pm onwards
think this is the first time blizzard has had a release event in australia where they had some devs come down to sign crap and answer questions
ShaolinHandLock
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mortal Kombat is no longer banned.....

http://au.gamespot.com/news/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-coming-to-australia-6403891?

Very Happy
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Queenslan passes R18+ legislation, finally.
ShaolinHandLock
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How in the hell?!?!?

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/yet-another-baffling-r18-classification-in-australia/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

The original rating was PG. PG. Now it's rated R.

I thought with the unbanning of Mortal Kombat that they had finally gotten things right...but this just baffles me.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, Classification Board, you.

Howabout the next Barbie game then? Is R18+ good enough for it?
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I swear half the time they just hit a button that randomly selects a rating and then go "Good enough, NEXT!"
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They don't, though.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You've seriously gotta wonder, though.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got Crysis 3 Hunter editon Pc version...I'm now nicknaming it "Maximum Bow edition". Razz

When I first play Crysis 3 at the ebgames expo and we started using the Bow off-the-bat was sure fun.
But now that I have the full version I can get the full extent of it all.
I'm just about to try it out.
Also it seems more full Direct X 11 than the previous game which only had a major patch to upgrade it to Direct X 11 which was purely optional and if you had a High end graphic card your system might be able to handle it.
But I've heard up dating to the patch made it a bit buggy and unstable on some peoples systems...well so I've heard.
So it seem Crytek got it right the first time with this game and making it full Direct X 11 first time around and not making us having the option to patch it with a huge patch that was Gigabytes in size.

I was planning on getting Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance aswell this week until I found out it was delayed until next week on the 25th or 26th.

I didn't bother ordering the Limited edition with the White Play Arts Kai Raiden figure since I wanted the 'original Raiden Black Armour' Play Arts Kai figure instead.
I preordered the Black armour one back in Decemeber from AmiAmi.com in Japan.
I've now received my payment confirmation on my preorder on the Square Enix Play Arts Kai Raiden 'Black Original' Figure from Japan.
The Play Arts Kai Raiden figure has been released the same date as the wide world release date.
So by the time the figure comes in the mail the game shall be released here.
The trouble is I had to order direct from Japan since no store in Australia was ordering it in the Black original Raiden.

It's funny if you buy the standard edition and then preorder the Play Arts Kai figure from Japan and work out the compared cost between the Limited edition White Raiden Armour price it's not really much different.
The Limited edition with white Raiden figure cost around $150 Australian dollars.
But if you think about it, the game cost $79 for standard edition and the figure with would usually be around $80 aswell since Square Enix Play Arts kai figures aren't cheap and are usually around $80-$100 depending on figure.

I bought the original Black armour Raiden Play Arts Kai figure for 4960 yen which is about $51 Australian dollars on AmiAmi.com but that doesn't included shipping as you might have to play an extra 3200 yen for EMS shipping which is $33 Australian dollars.
So it adds up to $84 just for a Play Arts Kai figure, which usually are worth over $80-$90 anyway locally in Australia.
So DID I save any money do it this way...Hmm not much.
It's because postage and shipping is very expensive and people have already been complaining over it even to this day and still we can't really do anything about it.
If shipping was cheaper then purchasing goods online might end up cheaper than local price except when you look at grand total price of the item plus shipping it really doesn't make it look any cheap if you bought it locally.
Which is why people complain shipping is expensive.

Also limited edition also comes with white raiden armour DLC and if your lucky you could get a Green Armour DLC as well as steel book case.

(re-editing my post so I don't have to double post)

I picked up MGR: Revengeance standard edition today, but not quite sure about limited edition was released yet since I didn't seem to see if any of the stores had it in.
But even though they said delayed until 26th the game is already on the shelves.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag has been announced.

Quote:
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag will take place in 1715 across the Caribbean islands. You will play Edward Kenway. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate.

(Quote from a Mighty Ape email; source otherwise unknown.)
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My copy of Tomb Raider shipped today. Really looking forward to this one. Very Happy
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone partaking in either the PSN or LIVE sales? Nothing too great on the Playstation side of things but the Xbox sale is pretty good. Mind I understand it's all probably just a last-ditch effort to move some games before the non-backwards-compatible next-gen roll out, but still, some of these prices are pretty hard to ignore--especially when they seemingly make a mistake--like RE6 for $9.95 last night and now Black Ops for $2.95.

So, yeah, I'll be keeping my eye on the daily sales on LIVE just in case.
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kero-chan wrote:
My copy of Tomb Raider shipped today. Really looking forward to this one. Very Happy

Release date for this broke today. Now on sale! Saw in JB today.

Anyone know who broke it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually it broke on Friday. I'm not sure who was responsible.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what I get for being lazy and pre-ordering online rather than walking down to my local JB store like I usually do. Stupid of me considering this has been my most anticipated game for months now.
Aussie-Byron
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~:Sakura:~ wrote:
[..]

Release date for this broke today. Now on sale! Saw in JB today.

Anyone know who broke it?

And it's great!
Hard to get anything else done this weekend haha.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aussie-Byron wrote:
And it's great!

It sure is. I've only played about an hour so far but I'm already very impressed. I really like the minimalist UI - helps keep you immersed in the story/world.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even though I've finished DmC Devil May Cry about a few weeks ago I'm now onto playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

::DmC Devil May Cry continue review...::
As for my continue review on DmC Devil May Cry...well the end battle is not quite up to standards with the previous games, but the fight system I still find OK because it's still not much different to the previous games except they've added angel mode and demon mode which makes too many controls at once problem for some people.
So even though the DmC 'reboot' it still was a little bit off with the character design and boss battles weren't as amazing like the previous games, which made them feel more Epic.
Dante looks more like a punk than an emo but you can unlock more outfits to make him look like good ol previous Dante.

But kike I said before having multiple controls and multiple enemys that can only be beaten with specific angel and demon mode weapons does make it challenging but some would wish Angel weapons were more powerful, while the demon weapons were the strongest.
But when it comes to good vs evil and angel vs demon how can you compare strenth between the too when there suppose to be balance between two.
SO having Angel weapons seem weaker then demon weapons makes it a little off balance...in a sense that good vs evil and angel vs demon is off balance between each other if you put it this way...its like saying good is weaker than evil...so in sense the angel (good side) weapons are weaker.

But they made Angel weapons crowd control and demon weapons for single hard hits.
Though Angel Evade is good for getting out of reach with some tough enemy's which Demon evade is good for a power boost for you next demon weapon attack...but the down side is that evade distance is very short compared to angel evade.
On harder difficulties angel evade will be used more frequently than demon evade.
I found myself using demon evade more often then angel evade but found it quite a short evade tactic and sometimes enemy's can punish you if you don't use the right evade.
I just a matter of learning your enemy's and using the right evade at the right time.

But as for the game ranking I say Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will out Rank DmC Devil May Cry for a hack/slash game...and so far it has already.
It's because MGR:R is more challenging.

::Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Review::
I said earlier that I was played BOTH demo's of MGR from PSN and from EBgames Expo...well the PSN demo is only up to (IF LQ-84i) blade wolf, but the Ebgames expo demo a little different but had a combination of parts of the same mission of R-01 in the full version.

Well I'm playing the full version of MGR:Revengeance, and boy it sure makes a few improvements since the demo...such as more weapons and even boss weapons.
There's lots of upgrades for your body and fuel cells and also weapons and skill upgrades.
Also there's also skins aswell to collect and also quite a few swords that have different abilities which I haven't personally unlocked yet.
But I've heard there's a wooden sword for No Kills mode. Very Happy

Also In the full version you can slice three opponents in one slice and do a Zandatsu (Cut and Take) on all three opponents if you 'hit-the-mark' on those three opponents(and get a trophy for doing this too).
In the demo you could only do cut and take one-at-a-time which mean't slicing all three opponents was a bit pointless if you wanted to grab all three spines.

::Difficulty::
The fully version is quite HARD and even on Normal difficulty it still WILL give you some trouble if your going S Rank and NO Damage.
So sometimes a single stray bullet will get your health down and you will miss getting an no damage S Rank...yes the mission ranking system is very harsh.
There's Hard, Very Hard and Revengeance difficulty modes but you only unlock the latter ones until you finish the easier difficulties first.

::Bosses::
There's sub bosses and Main Bosses depending on mission eg.
Mission R-01 has a sub boss (IF LQ-84i Blade wolf) and main Boss Mistral.
while R-02 has no main boss it does have a boss like a heavy armoured GRAD.

So far I just fought R-03 boss Monsoon and boy this is where you MUST Learn to PARRY...otherwise you will never win the battle.
I have to admit I even watched youtube videos of this battle beforehand just to get tips on how to beat him...because he is quite hard to beat with no damage and on S Rank.
But this is where the game shines the most as boss battles are quite the hardest parts in the game.

VR missions...I haven't done these yet but I've also heard they get harder the more you find and unlock them through the game.

::Ranking system::
For S rank you must get no damage what so ever for a no damange bonus plus using zandatsu and also combo's also make good rank.
Time limit is only a MUST on controlling the dwarf gekko in R-02.
But time limit isn't really necessary unless you spend too much time trying to defeat one enemy...just don't take hours otherwise you end up a D rank.

So far I've S Rank the prologue and mission R-01 and almost R-02 but missed out one sub mission because of time limit on the dwarf gekko.
I almost had perfect S rank on mission R-03 except for the Monsoon fight which was an A Rank...so in the end I received an A Rank which quite good considering first time play through and fighting a difficult boss.

YES this is my first time play through and I'm challenging myself to only use basic weapons so far and not go overboard with unlocking powerful swords just to beat a difficult bosss.

The only frustrating part of this game is ranking system and camera.
The camera is a bit out of control because the fighting system is so fast and sometimes the camera can't keep up.
But most of times it's just your standing at a bad angle for bad camera angle which can leave you vulnerable if you don't see the attack comming eg.
You can get hit in the back or your hit by a stray bullet that you didn't see coming.
The boss fights are even worse with camera controls since your running around avoiding being hit when all of a sudden your hit from an angle you didn't see coming at all.
But most of the time it's either your fault for not seeing it coming or that the action is just fast for the camera to keep up.
So even the Monsoon fight is HARD because he's attacks come at all angles and you need to know which angle to parry from...but if you can't see him and if you parry at the wrong angle you WILL get hit.
So it's a matter of getting the camera angle right by standing at the right area at the right time.

But other than that this game is certainly a 8 or 9 out of 10 game if it weren't for the camera getting a little bit out of control at times but you can still deal with it...so it ain't that bad unless you get shot or hit in the back and can't see your opponent which makes bad camera angles.

I'll continue my review once I finished the game and play a bit more of it.

I also received my square enix play arts Kai figure of Raiden(Original Black Raiden) from AmiAmi.com Japan last week you can check it out on.
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=23465&start=2650
and see my pics on unboxing Raiden

I just found out you can now pre-order my original Black Raiden figure from ebgames.com but it doesn't come in until April...so lucky for those like me who ordered direct from Japan which got them 'two months' early.
But then there's those who pre-ordered the White Raiden with the game are also lucky to receive the limited edition White Raiden.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 6 times in total
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the new Tomb Raider is pretty awesome. It's basically Batman: Arkham Asylum/City meets Uncharted. You've got the expanding arsenal of equipment and skills that allows you to reach new parts of the island and crazy set-pieces where practically everything is falling down around you.

It's not as action-focused as Uncharted though and the shoot-outs are much more enjoyable. Maybe because the aiming controls are tighter or maybe just because the enemies aren't crazy bullet sponges...
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish people would stop comparing the new Tomb Raider to Uncharted.

It's a million billion billion times better than any of the Uncharted games could ever hope to be.

I finished it tonight, and I have to say, I liked it a lot more than I expected to.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've never played Uncharted but I've heard about the bullet sponges.
You can RPG a single enemy and he's STILL ain't DEAD...and then you say "Is this guy even human"?

Well I'm not sure about getting Tomb Raider but it sure does look good when I saw it at Ebgames expo.
So far I'm getting tones of games out now that I want to get but Tomb Raider is not really on my radar right the moment.
@Stormo you finished it already! It just seems like it was released yesterday...Is it that short.

Even Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 looks like a not a bad sequel if your a FoTNS fan like me.
I have FoTNS Ken's Rage 1 and want to get Rage 2 so it continues the next saga and also re-tells Kenshiro's saga storyline a bit better.
So it has more acting in Japanese and English, and scenes direct from the manga which makes this game good.
I even played this aswell a bit at ebgames expo.
I have to say the cutscenes are long as like your watching the anime.
I wonder if they've add a skip cutscene function because those cutscenes are long.

There's even the new Naruto Storm 3 game coming out.
I do find the 'arena KO' probably the worst thing they've added to a STORM game.
But seeing Naruto go nine tail chakra mode does look awesome.
But I kinda wish they held off making this new game since the manga series is almost finished and yet the game will STILL leave you up in the air UNFINISHED in story mode since the manga is still going and the final battle isn't even over yet.
So how can you do the story mode final battle when it hasn't even been finished yet?
It will be like the previous storm generations game where it still left you to be continued.

I guess it's a bit like a DBZ game where it only goes to a certain saga but left out the final saga.
A good Naruto game would be when the series finishes and having all playable characters.
In this storm 3 you can play all the Jinchuriki and activate all there tailed beast (Biju modes)...this is a single reason for worth getting...but other than that the story mode may only go up volume 60 which is the current english manga release.
Also volume 60 in japan may have just been released when the game was finished...it's hard to say.
Also I didn't bother getting Storm generations since the story mode was only like one extra story from Storm 2.

But I still do like Storm 2.
I guess I should put this in the Naruto forum once I do get this game...then you can all talk Naruto...since the Naruto forum has gone cold.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got my fourth Platinum PSN trophy and my first on the Vita with "New Little King's Story". I had far more fun with this game than expected. Smile
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
I wish people would stop comparing the new Tomb Raider to Uncharted.

My comparison to Uncharted begins and ends with the big set pieces where everything comes crashing down around you. Otherwise I think the exploration/traversal feels more like Arkham Asylum/City and the gun combat is much more enjoyable.

Last edited by Kero-chan on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
@Stormo you finished it already! It just seems like it was released yesterday...Is it that short.

It's probably about 12 hours for the main story if you don't do all the side-exploration.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to FIND and buy Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 and yes it's completely in Japanese Dialogue from what it says on the back cover.
So the good thing about it is that the cutscenes are just like watching an anime episode.
The game even has the very start scene of the anime where Kenshiro wanders the wastland and gets captured by village locals and gets put in jail along side with Bat.
Then Lin comes along and gives them food and water but Kenshiro discovers she cannot speak and so Kenshiro heals her with his Hokuto Shinken...well this was never shown in Rage 1 and I'm happy to see a FotNS game that is an manga/anime adaption with some cutscene that makes this game worth while and better story telling than Rage 1 which practically only had fight cutscenes.

There's ALOT MORE characters to play and choose from this time around and even some of the ones that you could only be playable as DLC characters in Rage 1 like Jūza, Heart, Shū.

::Story mode a.k.a Legend mode::
From what I've read on the offical kenrage.com website you can see which arcs that the Legend mode take up.
So so far the Legend of Raoh part of the game does most of re-telling most of the first and second seasons of the manga/anime.
The First arc is from Introduction of Kenshiro and then it goes right up to he's first fight with Raoh.

The Second Arc is aftermath of Kenshiro vs Raoh fight which usually starts with Rei vs Yuda fight and then goes into Thouzer storyline and then right up to Nanto army vs Ken'Oh(Basically Raoh who calls himself King Fist) and then it's Kenshiro vs Raoh which end's the Raoh storyline.

While the Third arc is years later when Bat and Lin are older and control the Hokuto Army and then it leads up to The Celestial Emperor arc and The Land of shura arc.

But what make this game good is that it basically re-tells all three seasons of FotNS...well except for the last and final Fouth arc involving Ryu (Raoh's son).

But practically all of 3rd arc has all the playable characters...such as:
Shachi, Ein, Falco, Hyo (Kenshiro true biological older brother), Kaioh (Raoh older biological brother) and other characters in manga that use Hokuto Ryūken which is another branch of Hokuto Shinken.

Because of the third arc involvement in this game you can now play as older versions of Bat and Lin.
Also characters that didn't make Rage 1 like Ryuga which is Yuria's Brother a.k.a The Lone Celestial Wolf, Fudo, Juza and bit more of Thouzar (Souther or Souzar depending prefer translation) and Shu from the Second Arc are now more playable characters.

But what good about these games is it actually gives each character their special attack directly from the manga/anime into the game.

Dreammode is back which involves a 'what if' scenario or just fills in the gaps that wasn't shown in legend mode.

You know Madman NEVER DID get the 'original' Fist of the North Star series or even the Gaiden remake series...which is ashame really as they only did the NEW FotNS ova was ok but lacked fight scenes like the original.
I just love the FotNS series and yet the series can only be purchased in the US.
Even though I just bought the game today I've heard they made some improvements since Rage 1 like making a better moves set.
When I played it a bit at Ebgames expo I played a bit of Falco and Kenshiro and I even notice the moves set were a bit different than Rage 1 and I even notice they improved Kenshiro so that he's more fluid.
I even read a review about when Rage 2 that the game designers were receiving comments that Kenshiro was a bit sluggish on the controls in Rage 1 and that he's suppose to be this Fast and Powerful character from the manga/anime that gets stronger with each more powerful opponent.
So this time they said they made sure Kenshiro was more fluid and faster.

Because I had to admit when playing Rage 1 and the fight between Kenshiro and Jagi was probably the most frustrating fight in the game since Jagi is using also sorts of tricks and weapons to kill you and keep you at bay and yet Kenshiro didn't seem fast enough to dodge unless your quick on the controller.
SO far that have added better dodge ability that wasn't in Rage 1...so I have to find this out myself and see how I go...I will continue this review later with the ATATATATA "Your already Dead" review. Laughing

Today I even notice Naruto storm 3 standard edition is released at ebgames, but Jbhifi doesn't even have the game yet.
Also the two other editions of Naruto storm 3 aren't even released until the middle of this month.
So I ask what the hell is going on with these stores lately.
It seem standard editions are released early in some stores but other limited editions aren't released until a later date.
Is it me or a lot of games getting delayed lately.

Even finding FotNS: Rage 2 was difficult as I couldn't find it for two weeks after the release date since some store don't stock these type of Japanese games.
You have to go to particular store that sells japanese type games since some local stores just won't have it.
You have to go to main store like City stores or even stores that are in main district areas.

With my local Jbhifi I don't seem to have trouble with japanese type games but if you look at the Jbhifi website you will notice that some japanese games will ONLY be available at particular MAIN district stores and I think it's the same with Ebgames stores aswell...so it depends on your district you live in and depending if the store decides to stock it.

I even remember I had trouble finding Bleach: Soul Resurrección game, as I could only find at Jbhifi while my local ebgames store said they had to order it in since they didn't stock it.
But yeah it just seems funny when it comes to particular stores when it comes to availability of certain games.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
It's probably about 12 hours for the main story if you don't do all the side-exploration.

Do you recall what your overall completion was when you beat the story? I had 73% and I'd say I racked up more than fifteen hours - maybe closer to twenty even.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
64%.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm... I guess I'm a bit of a slow mover. I spent another two or three hours hunting down collectibles after beating the story and was up to 80%.

Now I'm back to playing Far Cry 2. It's a good game but I think the size of the map is probably to its detriment given that there's only a handful of fast travel points.
Aussie-Byron
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
64%.

My completetion was 93% when I finished. Game was pretty easy yo.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am playing Skyrim for a friend because it was basically the conditions for him trying Atelier Totori (which both another friend and I constantly insisted he played; he loves it Laughing).

It's... alright, honestly I don't think it's anything special, I find it difficult to follow and keep track of too. However I will give it a bit longer because everyone says it is so fantastic (and I am not having a repeat of Arkham Asylum where I have a trophy set in my collection that will never be touched again and will stay on a low completion rate forever).
Kinda annoyed it forced me to install the DLC trophy sets though. But in the end what matters is I can show 100% for the games I like I guess.

I am extremely glad that I found the option to change out of first-person though. I hadn't even finished the opening quest and I felt sick.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
I am playing Skyrim for a friend because it was basically the conditions for him trying Atelier Totori (which both another friend and I constantly insisted he played; he loves it Laughing).

It's... alright, honestly I don't think it's anything special, I find it difficult to follow and keep track of too. However I will give it a bit longer because everyone says it is so fantastic (and I am not having a repeat of Arkham Asylum where I have a trophy set in my collection that will never be touched again and will stay on a low completion rate forever).
Kinda annoyed it forced me to install the DLC trophy sets though. But in the end what matters is I can show 100% for the games I like I guess.

I am extremely glad that I found the option to change out of first-person though. I hadn't even finished the opening quest and I felt sick.

First person is good for sneak attack archery, but otherwise I prefer third person.
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madchild wrote:
I am playing Skyrim ...
However I will give it a bit longer because everyone says it is so fantastic ...

1. Skyrim is actually amazing. I hope you enjoy it, I absolutely love it Mr. Green

2. Oh! I found the opposite! I play a character with a 2 handed weapon, and find it really confusing when I'm not in first person hahaha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My copy of BioShock Infinite shipped today so I should have it in time for the upcoming Easter long weekend. Just remains to be seen if I finish Far Cry 2 before then...

Page 338 of 341

Jump to: