Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

He Man / She Ra: I've always wondered this

He Man / She Ra: I've always wondered this
Author
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: He Man / She Ra: I've always wondered this Reply with quote
If you've seen the first episodes of She Ra, you know she held aloft her magic sword and yelled "For the honour of Greyskull!" because He Man showed her.

Fabulous powers were revealed to He Man the day he held aloft his magic sword and yelled "By the power of Greyskull" so loudly we could hear him across the entire length of the Ghan railroad!

But just exactly WHY did he hold aloft his sword and say that for the first time? It seems like a very strange thing to randomly do.
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Given who he got the sword from, probably because the Sorceress told him to.

That or part of the sword's magic includes implanting the activation process into it's destined wielders mind.

Personally I've always wondered at the difference in the activation phrases. While it's clear that He-man's get "By the power" because he's all about raw power. She-Ra, while no slouch in the brute force department, also is clearly about a degree of finesse as well given her sword's shape-shifting capabilities. But why "for the honour of Greyskull"?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But also He-Man (Prince Adam) and She-Ra(Princess Adora) are twins.
So they get their own Activation process.

Also they have different swords.
He-Man has the "Sword of Power" while She-Ra has the "Sword of Protection".
So maybe different phrases for each sword...which is another theory.

She-Ra is also a "Spin-Off series" from He-Man series and so they probably changed the activation process phrase as NOT to copy He-Man series actual phrase and also to make the characters more brother and sister.
Also they each live in other dimensions.
He-Man lives in Eternia while She-Ran lives in Etheria.

There is a phrase for him and a phrase for her is probably how Sorceress of Castle Greyskull created the powers for them and different swords.

Fact: He-Man possesses one-half of the "Sword of Power" the second half is in Skeletor possession.
When both swords are together they are a key to unlocking the power of Castle Greyskull which is in fact the power of the universe and they become a Master of the Universe.
Skeletor is always trying to get this power but always loses to He-Man and the fact that he also needs the other half of the Sword of Power to get the power of the universe.

I even had He-Man figures when I was a kid and I owned both He-Man and Skeletor figures and yes you could join both He-Man and Skeletor's swords together.

I can't quite remember but there might be an episode where both He-Man and Skeletor briefly become allies and combined their swords for the True Sword of Power in order to defeat a common enemy.

There is also a few cross-over episodes where He-Man and She-Ra are together.

There is also a live action movie with Dolph Lungren, Courtney Cox and Robert Duncan McNeill(a.k.a Tom Paris from Star Trek: Voyager) which has been released on Blu Ray as a cult classic.
Personally I liked the movie even though the movie didn't really mention if He-Man was Prince Adam and had two identities.
The movie has sort of built a strong cult following over the years as a "Classic" even though at the time it wasn't that well received.
Sailor Apollo
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: He Man / She Ra: I've always wondered this Reply with quote
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:
If you've seen the first episodes of She Ra, you know she held aloft her magic sword and yelled "For the honour of Greyskull!" because He Man showed her.

No. The Sorceress contacted Force Captain Adora through the sword (which already had a bit of pull: It seemed to make Shadow-Weaver disregard all common sense and leave two magical artifacts just lying out in the open).

The Sorceress then says:
Quote:
This man is your brother, Adora. And Adora, he needs your help. For the honor of Grayskull Adora!

....I am a vampire and here's a million dollars.

Mystery Forum Theater 30001

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: