Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs.
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs. Reply with quote
I should have moved on this a little while ago, but I figure now's as good a time to start as any.

One of my original intentions when I pushed for this forum, and when I started modding/running it, was to encourage Madman to release anime OSTs. Over the years, it's been an on-and-off effort.

Well, I want the effort to turn on, and stay on. The growing market for anime soundtracks in the USA is a big boon to the cause here, and, licensing difficulties aside, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for Madman to release some OSTs now.

So, what would we like to see, and how? There's a few methods Madman can possibly use to get OSTs into Australia. The biggest hurdle is that music licensing is much more complicated than anime licensing. This has, to my knowledge, been one of the problems so far.

I, personally, believe the best option is to try and strike a deal with one of the US companies. Geneon would be my #1 target, because they have the selection I like the most, and their US CDs often have extras not on the Japanese discs (like the full-length version of Guardian Angel on the Texhnolyze "Music Only Music But Music" OST) that would make them that much better to pick up.

What I don't know is who releases such OSTs in Japan. Does Geneon release their own OSTs there? Or is it someone else, like JVC Victor? If someone can help out with this information, that would be appreciated. The reason I ask is because there's a possibility that Geneon USA only have rights to distribute to North America (the same may apply to Bandai, ADV's AnimeTrax label and whoever else is doing it now), thus forcing Madman to deal with someone in Japan.

There's also the option of going with direct-importing US discs, similar to how Madman does NewType USA. This will, of course, make the discs a bit more expensive unfortunately, but it may be the easiest route.

Okay, with all the complicated reasoning out of the way, what we need is a short (say... 4-5) list of titles that Madman should release. Be realistic here. What you want, and what Madman can get may be completely different. I'd strongly recommend sticking to titles available in the US only. I know it's a huge limit compared to the Japanese releases, but I believe they're the ones that will sell the best, and will be the easiest to license from Madman's perspective.

The other hassle will be cost. My personal feeling is that anything over $20 is too expensive, and I don't think I'd pay for it beyond that price. Reason being that it's essentially the cost of a DVD at that point. I think $25 should be an absolute top-end for anime OSTs. Directly importing discs will likely push the price into the $30+ range, which is probably not sustainable.

Finally, there's the problem of getting them sold. I think the best chance here is JB HiFi, simply because they stock a ridiculously large variety of CDs from all over the place-- I've even seen Utada Hikaru CDs in JB. JB already support anime in a massive way, and it must sell for them, as they have entire shelves dedicated to it at pretty much every store I've been to (their DVD store on Lonsdale Street has a massive selection of Madman titles). Smaller record stores, such as Gaslight Records may also be worth trying.

The idea here will be to come up with a potentially workable plan (the above rambling is not a workable plan, just my ideas) that we can present to Madman directly. The most important thing here are the titles: they should be from anime that's done reasonably well, or that has a soundtrack with relatively broad appeal (in other words, minimal or no J-Pop unless it's really good.)

My list is as follows:

- Haibane Renmei 'Hanenone' (Geneon USA)
- Texhnolyze 'Music Only Music But Music' (Geneon USA)
- Witch Hunter Robin OST (Bandai USA)
- Ghost In The Shell Standalone Complex OST.1 (Bandai USA)

These are all from recent popular series, or upcoming series with potential to be popular. I think starting with recent/current series is the best way to go, as it guarantees better sales now, allowing Madman to build momentum before moving into less popular and older OSTs (the Bubblegum Crisis OSTs will have to wait).

I hope all this makes sense to everyone. We'll let this run for maybe a month or so, and see what we come up with. I'll then try to compose some kind of document that can be passed on to Madman themselves.

(NOTE: This has nothing to do with any current effort MM may be making to get OSTs. This was done entirely from my own initiative, and the only intent is to help Madman. If Madman have a plan that they can't announce, then that's fine, too.)

Last edited by StorminNorman on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jef
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no JB HiFi in my town.
I think they'd probably best be distributed in EB, though I suppose that's a lot less likely to happen.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to see local releases of:

The Haibane Renmei OST
The .hack//SIGN OST
The Vision of Escaflowne OST
The Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OST
I'd like to say the Figure 17 OST, but I suspect that one isn't quite well-known enough.

Puke: JB really is the better choice. Unlike EB, they'd keep more or less the whole catalogue in stock forever and a day.
strideryb
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
.Hack//SIGN OST
FLCL OST (Addict)
Fruits Basket OST
Haibane Renmei OST
Witch Hunter Robin OST

Tried for a decent range of styles which fit the 'newish' and popular Anime limits.

Edit: Forgot about WHR.
Jef
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop OSTs, anyone?
FLCL would be another good one.
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Evangelion OSTs, especially EOE. Ghibli ones. FMA, when it comes out. Also, I agree with Puke about the Bebop OSTs.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to see .hack//SIGN, and //Liminality, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

EB is the obvious choice as they already sell Madman DVD's but obviously they could also be sold in such places as Sanity, HMV and the like, you know, a chain of stores that are large in number and widely spread across the country.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs. Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
The other hassle will be cost. My personal feeling is that anything over $20 is too expensive, and I don't think I'd pay for it beyond that price. Reason being that it's essentially the cost of a DVD at that point. I think $25 should be an absolute top-end for anime OSTs.

I don't know if you've actually bought a CD recently, but they're still at the $28 - 31 RRP range. I really think you're off your rocker to think that $20 is too expensive for a CD. I would end up buying no CDs if I thought $20 was too expensive, or would have to wait a couple of years 'till after it was released to actually buy it at that price.

New CDs at the $20 price point are almost always very popular artists or it's a price reduction for an album a couple of years old and the record company is trying to off load some stock hanging around in their warehouse.

I think your OST idea is very good and Madman should persue it as it's a market that really can be exploited by them, buy I honestly think you're asking way too much of them having the CDs at a $20 RRP. You've got to think realisticly here. They're a business. Compared with the mainstream record industry, anime soundtracks are a niche market. The only $20 anime CDs I've seen are SM and Ever Anime CDs, and they can release them that price because they ain't paying any royalties or licencing fees to anyone.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri: the thing you need to remember about the cost of mainstream CDs is that they're grossly inflated. The CDs cost very little to produce, and the artists don't get paid a whole lot for their efforts. Most of the money you pay for a CD goes towards the record company's profits. There is no reason CDs can't cost less than they currently do, and $20 is certainly achievable.

Anime soundtracks that someone like Madman would need to license from someone else are potentially a bit different, but a $20-25 price tag on them should be possible.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs. Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
I don't know if you've actually bought a CD recently, but they're still at the $28 - 31 RRP range.

I have bought a few CDs recently, after three or four years of not buying much at all (not because I was downloading music, either) and I was quite shocked to discover they still cost ~$30. I try to buy ones that are less than $20 when I can, but sometimes its difficult to get the albums I want at that price.

The other main reason, though, for settting $20 as a price-point is that, beyond that, it would be cheaper to just import CDs from the US (CDPacific has anime OSTs for AU$12), meaning it's not even competitive for Madman to release them at more than that price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
- Cowboy Bebop OSTs
- FLCL OSTs
- R.O.D OST
- Evangelion OSTs
- Noir OSTs
- Hellsing OSTs
- Perfect Blue OST would be very cool (assuming it actually exists)
- Initial D OSTs
- .Hack/SIGN OSTs
- Trigun OSTs
- Voices of a Distant Star OST

We would only expect Madman to release OSTs of what they'd already released on DVD (or plan to) at first right?

If not: - Cardcaptor Sakura OSTs
- Bubblegum Crisis 2032 OSTs (and the DVDs while they're at it)
- X TV OSTs

I guess thats all for now.

HMV would be a good place to sell them. At least the one in Melbourne, which already sells some of the Geneon ones.

I would pay up to $25 for the OSTs (as that is a good price, and is what Madman used to sell them as). Even if $20 would be a great price. Even if you import them for $12, the shipping will still put it up a fair bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigboy_withoutpants
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
-boogiepop phantom osts
-gits-sac osts
-perfect blue ost (hey i can dream can't i?)
-noir osts (especially the noir blanc 2cd set)
-cowboy bebop osts and singles
-lain osts
-eva osts

eb would certainly be the best place to sell them.
personally i'd only pay up to $25 for a cd.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs. Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:
Greoboruri: the thing you need to remember about the cost of mainstream CDs is that they're grossly inflated. The CDs cost very little to produce, and the artists don't get paid a whole lot for their efforts. Most of the money you pay for a CD goes towards the record company's profits. There is no reason CDs can't cost less than they currently do, and $20 is certainly achievable.

I don't see how this is any different from an indie record company who licences titles from indie record companies overseas. Madman whould still be dealing with the same issues as an Australian indie record company; licencing fees, royalties etc. Still those CDs are still around the $25 - 30 mark for for a new release. As I said it's a niche market, and they want to make a profit off them. You have to look at reality rather than just saying $20 is doable when it probably isn't.

StorminNorman wrote:
The other main reason, though, for settting $20 as a price-point is that, beyond that, it would be cheaper to just import CDs from the US (CDPacific has anime OSTs for AU$12), meaning it's not even competitive for Madman to release them at more than that price.

So that means it would be the same for ALL record companies, not just Madman. So if indie Australian labels can survive selling CDs at that price, Madman can't? Don't understand that one at all.
Feik
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bah! Even in Japan CDs are the same price really...
My Brilliant Green CDs are all RRP Y3,000... (of course I got em 2nd hand for under Y1,000)

Anyways... As far as soundtracks go...
I got the Macross Plus OSTs released in Australia a LONG time ago...
And I really think that some anime series soundtracks would definately be worth the effort...

Especially Yoko Kanno (ie Wolfs Rain!) and/or Maaya Sakamoto (Escaflowne)...

Of course series that are based on the soundtrack would be cool too, ie Beck, Macross *

Furthermore... There is a lot more levels to the pricing than: Artisit, pressing and Record Label... We can't forget the retailers, and distributors... each of them need a cut to continue business. So even if each one gets $5 a disc average... thats $25.

All said and done... I would be *VERY* interested to buy some locally released CDs.
Remxi
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
.hack//Sign
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Hellsing
Read or Die
Revolutionary Girl Utena

These are the series that I think should get a local release, as they all have good music and are popular series (which is important if MM want to get off the ground with this).

As stormo said, I doubt I'd buy OSTs if they are over $20. I share a similar reasoning to him, which is outlined in his first post.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm probably the only one who'll say it, but:

Giant Robo.
Rod.H
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gouki wrote:

I don't think it does from what searching I've done
Quote:
- Bubblegum Crisis 2032 OSTs (and the DVDs while they're at it)

There is only one that I know of, from toshibaEMI, it was a set and I think it's gone OOP Evil or Very Mad (the CDs not the DVDs, they are still avaliable in R1 & 2)

$20 CDs are achivable as that is what I've been buying them at too. When not a 2 for $35 thing.

Other than that, surprise me. I might not've all ready bought the OST in question.

--Rod.H
bigboy_withoutpants
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rod.H wrote:
Gouki wrote:

I don't think it does from what searching I've done

http://www.ex.org/3.3/32-cd_perfectblue.html
daku
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs. Reply with quote
I think this is a great plan, but perhaps a bit ahead of its time. I believe the reason that this is viable in USA is because of their massive population, whereas here in Aus we only have less than 10% of their population - so the ppl that would buy an anime soundtrack here might only be in the 100's.

StorminNorman wrote:

- Haibane Renmei 'Hanenone' (Geneon USA)
- Texhnolyze 'Music Only Music But Music' (Geneon USA)
- Witch Hunter Robin OST (Bandai USA)
- Ghost In The Shell Standalone Complex OST.1 (Bandai USA)

I've seen most of these at Tamarket for around $23 i think:
[bootleg URL removed -- Ed.]
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Help Madman Release Anime OSTs. Reply with quote
daku wrote:
I've seen most of these at Tamarket for around $23 i think:
[Bootleg URL removed. -- Ed.]

Yep, and they're all bootlegs. She's making a killing because they only cost about one or two US dollars wholesale.
Washi
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a fantastic thing to request of Madman, and, I don't think that if they started releasing osts next year, it would be a poor time.

Haibane Renmei
Cowboy Bebop
Texhnolyze
.hack//sign
FLCL

As for the price, I'd definately buy at $25 or under, but upwards of that I'd be less willing to 'collect' them so to speak. But I really hope Madman follows through on this.
Jade
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally, I think that Madman releasing soundtracks couldn't be as profitable as some say.

The example of CD pacific is a good one. Even if Madman released something at $20, which would probably be hardish, I most likely wouldn't buy it. While I like to remain loyal to a store or company, price is really a big issue and I'd rather import something than get it through madman.

I know other peoples opinions are different and would support madman for the purpose of helping soundtracks get more accessible, but cd pacific is as accessible as madman.

While the madboarders would be loyal, a lot of people would stick with the cheapest option. Unless madman did them for less than 20 bucks or so, they'd lose a lot of support. Considering the costs of doing that, it probably isn't possible.

It would be cool if madman could do something like working with an overseas company on distributing them here. Ordering through madman for an overseas store or something, an online partnership. I really don't know business so this makes little sense but my main point is price is my main consideration when buying and while I'd love for madman to release OST's, it might not be that helpful for them.

The only CD I'd be interested in is the new Fruits Basket one being released next year.
Blaksol
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
BRING ON THE Mai HiME OST

I just want alyssa's song

$20 say's toom wants it to
skate_mate
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
JB HiFi, simply because they stock a ridiculously large variety of CDs from all over the place-- I've even seen Utada Hikaru CDs in JB.

Hmm, are you sure you're not talking about UTADA, not Utada Hikaru? EXODUS, by UTADA is Hikki's American debut album, so I guess its not that amazing its stocked at JB Hi-Fi.

I'd like to see:
.hack//SIGN
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Consider Super Robot Wars Soundtracks or anything by the JAM Project, and you've got my unwavering support.
Bug Guy
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to see the FLCL, Bebop and Trigun OST's in Australia.
winged_seraphim
Melfina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to be able to get anime OST's from JB, they just order them in from overseas. Example, soundtracks like Final Fantasy arent more than 30 dollars, and theyre 4 discs.
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That not the point, this thread is so Madman will release them locally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
infinite_aria
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please please please Madman, make anime soundtracks available!
I only buy ofifcial stuff and I've collected a few from Japanese retail sites but the expense alone is breaking my budget.

My wish list:

Hellsing: Raid and Ruins
the Vision of Escaflowne: all four CDs and the Movie OST
Heat Guy J: vol I and II (I THINK there is a volume II)
Final Fantasy (have any OST's been released here officially?)
Trigun: I don't know how many there are
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
Akira (awsome soundtrack which I am desperately seeking)
Macross Plus (or anything by Yoko Kanno)
Stuff from Ryuichi Sakamoto (he's a genius, just like Y.K.)

>whew< that's all I can think of just off the top of my head.
Gydafud
Whinges too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw an Akira soundtrack in Borders for $20 the other day. Should of got it.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
winged_seraphim wrote:
I seem to be able to get anime OST's from JB, they just order them in from overseas. Example, soundtracks like Final Fantasy arent more than 30 dollars, and theyre 4 discs.

Sounds suspicious. What company is listed on the CD?
Conspiracy Complex C.
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm ordering FLCL: Addict. Mainly because if you want an anime soundtrack you've got to order it in *sigh* at least where I am, I can never find an OST.

Hopefully I'll be able to find an online music store that sells such music. Online music can be a lot cheaper than buying the whole CD. I agree with Normin -$30 for a CD is just plain wrong.

But yes, I am fully in favor of CDs of Anime OSTs. If Madman doesn't bring them in I shall just have to find someone who will. Classic economics.

My wishlist:
Ghost in the Shell SAC (I already have this but everyone should be able to get it because it really is great).
FLCL
Neon Genesis Evangelion -though apparently there are a LOT of soundtracks for it so I suppose End of Evangelion and the first volume would do a nice coverage.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
Sounds suspicious. What company is listed on the CD?

The Akira OSTs did get an official UK release many years back, and a number of copies made their way to Australian shores. I've seen them in Gaslight and a few other places (I think, in fact, that they're still in print). It's highly probable that this is the version that he saw in Border's.

Now that Madman are starting to release anime OSTs, I'm wondering if this idea is still worth pursuing?
Tachikoma
Shiki Tohno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tachi wants the following OST CDs:

Texhnolyze CD Soundtrack 1 - Music Only Music But Music
Texhnolyze CD Soundtrack 2 - The Man of Men
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
Patlabor 2 the Movie (2002) Sound Renewal
Patlabor the Movie 3
Conspiracy Complex C.
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Now that Madman are starting to release anime OSTs, I'm wondering if this idea is still worth pursuing?

They're releasing OSTs? Which ones?
Setsuna
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

The only soundtracks I found in Madman's catalogue is Full Metal Alchemist's which will be released in April. So.. guess they are not starting to release them?

For me, I'd most likely wants every single OST from anime that I have watched.

i.e: s.CRY.ed, Kiddy Grade, Full Metal Panic, etc. (with the exception Chobits and Fruits Basket.. I fall asleep when hearing their opening songs played... sorry if this offend people who likes their opening song. *bows*)
Jakki
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt I would buy any individual soundtracks that Madman released, but I don't mind paying a little extra for boxes with soundtracks included, like they're doing with FMA.
ikons
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to see any of the Cowboy Bebop OSTs and Samurai Champloo OSTs,
FLCL OST 2
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex OST 1
Texhnolyze Music Only Music but Music & Man of Men.
Angace00
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Initial D Ost
Fullmetal alchimist Ost
Final Fantasy Ost
Devil May Cry Ost
tekkenite
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's probably best to start with OSTs from series that people already know and love (like with the manga releases, NGE and Cowboy Bebop were already classics). Thus, I nominate:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rurouni Kenshin
Voices Of A Distant Star
Naruto (not possible now, but eventually...)

Would it be possible for Madman to release videogame OSTs as well, e.g., Final Fantasy, Sonic, Soul Calibur, Metroid, Tekken, etc.?
Gouki
Vanilla H

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, uh, should we be celebrating now?
benkenobi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Definitley Cowboy Bebop OST's

I gave my fiance, who isn't into anime, a listen of the songs on OST1 and she loved it!
tekkenite
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd prefer it if Madman sold OSTs through JB Hi-Fi, since they already have an awesome line-up of import CDs, and have a better selection than HMV (which also imports, but is more mainstream, so I'm assuming JB would sell anime-related stuff better). JB's prices are generally good, too, unlike EB which never seems to have its DVDs on special and it would seem a bit weird for the to suddenly start selling CDs. Unless, of course, they were game music CDs, *hint*hint*...Wink
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tekkenite wrote:
I'd prefer it if Madman sold OSTs through JB Hi-Fi, since they already have an awesome line-up of import CDs, and have a better selection than HMV (which also imports, but is more mainstream, so I'm assuming JB would sell anime-related stuff better). JB's prices are generally good, too, unlike EB which never seems to have its DVDs on special and it would seem a bit weird for the to suddenly start selling CDs. Unless, of course, they were game music CDs, *hint*hint*...Wink

The only problem is I've never even seen a JB Hi-Fi store before. I'm not sure but I don't think they're common in NSW or atleast the Sydney area.
W0m6at
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssj3majin_vegeta wrote:
The only problem is I've never even seen a JB Hi-Fi store before. I'm not sure but I don't think they're common in NSW or atleast the Sydney area.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/stores/statestore.php?store=NSW
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
W0m6at wrote:
ssj3majin_vegeta wrote:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/stores/statestore.php?store=NSW

Ok then, I was wrong but still they do not have as many stores as EB.
tekkenite
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd prefer JB Hi-Fi as Madman's primary medium of OST sales, but if it could sell through EB as well, it would be awesome.
foxcat
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
how about selling through Dick Smith Powerhouse stores? hmv could be an option, but they sell things expensive.

i recommend you sell the following titles: Last Exile, Saiyuki, Naruto, Inuyasha, & Samurai Champloo. I could list more though.

Last edited by foxcat on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Ghost!
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are heaps of anime cds that I would buy if MM release them, because every other shop that ive seen/heard about sells fakes or what look like fakes...

So have you thought about releasing anime cds Sly?
wolfos3d
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would love to get some anime cd's. The only reason I don't have them so far is because they're not out here and I can't afford international. There are quite a few I would buy if they came out here.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: