Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What car do you drive? Mods? Future plans? Post a Picture!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
What car do you drive? Mods? Future plans? Post a Picture!!!
Author
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Curse you and your actually having enough money to mod your car ;-;

Prepare yourselves for the subjugation!
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
before

during

still during

piping, pod and bov

is now all back together, drivable and awaiting final tune. XD

don't worry Sauce, you'll get your chance. Very Happy took me alittle while to get here.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Ghost32R
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm new here and into cars Smile

Here is my baby

It is in this months HPI, completely stock still though Sad
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ghost32R wrote:
It is in this months HPI, completely stock still though Sad

Heh, so it is, pages 71 and 75...

Those wheels aren't from the factory...?
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome. Skylines are rad. But 33s are best Wink

Ghost32R
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh you have HPI! What kind of car do you have?

Sparco rims came with the car. It doesn't count though because it adds no power Razz
Ghost32R
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nah 33s are way too common...that's why I bought a 32, would have bought a GTR but the insurance for my car now is $2500 so wasn't worth getting a GTR for the amount it would cost.

Now I want a FD though...love rear wheel drive turbos especially in the rain
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ghost32R wrote:
Oh you have HPI! What kind of car do you have?

Sparco rims came with the car. It doesn't count though because it adds no power Razz

Me? No car. I'm a bum. Razz *eyes off JC Cosmo...*

Bah, less unsprung weight means less need for power! I subscribe to the Lotus philosophy of lightweight awesome. (Ok, so that's kind of the polar opposite of the Cosmo, but... I can't afford an Elise 111R so ner)
Ghost32R
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
auto cars suck Razz

An elise was once my dream car until I found out why they go so fast...wouldn't mind that sort of handling for my car though Smile
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice car. Very Happy Artistic picture too. Razz
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pllsh, I see just as many 32s around.

Laradly
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here and was looking for skyline photos and came across this thread.

There's more 33's than 32's. That white one looks really nice. Very clean. Did you take that photo Ghost32R?
AleLuM
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just new to the madboards, but long time anime fan, so wat was it yeah finaly managed to save up the money to get me self a EVO 9, let me say sweet car (an yeah insurance is a killer Crying or Very sad ) thus still quite broke so no mods yet an picture yeah when its clean (it likes the dirt)
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
photos or it didn't happen!
AleLuM
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
photos or it didn't happen!

yeah would if i knew how, i dont use net much so tell how an i will
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ghost32R wrote:
Now I want a FD though...love rear wheel drive turbos especially in the rain

Not really conductive to life expectancy is it?

AleLum wrote:
yeah finaly managed to save up the money to get me self a EVO 9

As they say, pics or it never happened. You list your occupation as apprentice? Must have been saving for a while.

In other news, while stationary at lights some dude in a VN runs into Subaru Forester behind me, and because they didn't understand 'safe distance to leave between you and car in front of you', my car gets sodomised.

I need a new rear bar, new boot lid, panels behind the plastic are bent to hell, boot floor is all crushed and twisted. Exhaust took some sort of hit and bent up before the muffler, is making odd sounds.

Forester got sandwhiched and although airbags blew, it only recieved moderate front and rear bumper damage.

unsatisfactory '88 commodore was a complete write off. Front end unrecognisable.

Pics later...although will cause Skyline drivers to cry.
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
El_Haroldo wrote:

In other news, while stationary at lights some dude in a VN runs into Subaru Forester behind me, and because they didn't understand 'safe distance to leave between you and car in front of you', my car gets sodomised.

I need a new rear bar, new boot lid, panels behind the plastic are bent to hell, boot floor is all crushed and twisted. Exhaust took some sort of hit and bent up before the muffler, is making odd sounds.

Forester got sandwhiched and although airbags blew, it only recieved moderate front and rear bumper damage.

unsatisfactory '88 commodore was a complete write off. Front end unrecognisable.

Pics later...although will cause Skyline drivers to cry.

man, that's got to suck some gagagoogoo arse. i remember when i got rear ended in my old mans sti. Evil or Very Mad i was so furious (and pretty sick in the stomach cause i knew the **** would hit the fan when i got home) and for such a small hit, so much damage. the car that did it didn't get so much as a scratch and was also a forester.

is it fixable/repairable/replaceable El_Haroldo? no matter what, my guess is it will be costly Crying or Very sad oh, i hope you didn't have your new spoiler on that you mentioned a few pages back when this happened. and was the commonwhore driver helpful afterwards? provided all details and didn't try to do a runner? all the best in a speedy recovery.

in other news, since all my other wrx friends have been slowly selling their prides and joys, i've been casting my eye to the future. i have considered that my car is 5 years old / getting onto 6 and that any money spent on modifications is pretty much down the drain and never going to be seen again.

I've had my current car for 2 years, paid more then half of it off and the bugeyes are selling privately for around the $20k-$25k mark. I want to try something different this time and after racking my brain during work, something similar to this is the only conclusion that i can come too. at least with this, none/minimumal mods required Very Happy will keep you posted.

edit - final tune for the bugeye hopefully TOMORROW! hopefully....fingers crossed >.<
double edit - stupid url tags aren't working for me, cut and past address if your really interested. Razz

Mr Waffle fixes url for great justice!
Great justice indeed! thanks waffles
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!

Last edited by Dante on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, no one was hurt, it's all repairable, I won't have to pay for it, and it should be ok. Just have to sort it out with insurance people...
AleLuM
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
El_Haroldo wrote:

As they say, pics or it never happened. You list your occupation as apprentice? Must have been saving for a while.

pics yep in photos under (Almost) Anything Goes ,post from alelum

an saving yes i raided untouched bank account that i had since i was 5
plus had a job since 10, which helped build up a nice amout only needed 10g's more now broke as a door knob but lov me' car
AleLuM
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yay i got last words
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My stupid black car gets dirty too easily. >__< somebody fix
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tony wrote:
My stupid black car gets dirty too easily. >__< somebody fix

get it resprayed white >.>

edit - first "conservative" tune came up with this @ 18.5 psi. Very Happy will be getting fine tuning soon.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Mindless Fun
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey i'm new here and love the series and i drive a 89 Toyota (Commadore) Lexcen but hopfully geting a 97 Nissan Stagea RSFour. i know it's a wagon but has a Skyline GTS-T motor and drivetrain (2.5l turbo 6).
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
>.>

<.<

*bump*

my dad, the lucky bastard, got to test drive the new audi Rs4 a couple of weeks back. said afterwards it was absolutly gagagoogoo amazing. he was quite surprised at the amount of grip and overall nimble handling of the v8. he didn't really notice much inside because he was to busy playing with the performance side of things but reported that the front seats really do hug you for a comfy fit. top gear on sbs actually did a piece on just last week.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mindless Fun wrote:
but hopfully geting a 97 Nissan Stagea RSFour.

Those are totally awesome, I reckon. There's something novel about it that makes me almost want a stationwagon. I saw a totally worked one hoon past the other day, it made me wet myself a little bit.

Dante wrote:
my dad, the lucky bastard, got to test drive the new audi Rs4 a couple of weeks back.

I think it was one of Motor Magazine's writers who said basically "an Audi, that handles well? Gasp!". Can't say I've ever driven/been in/been interested in an Audi, but I really like the performance models they've been pumping out in recent years. The R8 or R10 or whatever looks like the sex.
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stagea? Sports wagon my arse, it looks like a Nissan-badged Volvo. RB25DE or DET is nice, but given the additional weight, much higher ride height, longer wheel base, it's never going to handle like a Skyline.

Tony: Black cars tragically, get dirty quite easily, and scratches always come up white, and stand out like the proverbial dog's balls.Speaking of....

The R33 came back from the panel shop last week. After fighting AAMi to get my choice of repairer to do the work, it looks almost good as new. I was hoping to get guy there (close mate of the woman's dad) to add a few things it mightn't have neccesarily had and send the bill to the other guy's insurance, but he couldn't swing it as the assessor went over it pretty closely and would only approve OEM parts and nothing aftermarket unless receipts could be provided. No bodykit or stainless exhaust for me.....

The work was done to an excellant standard, however....tightarse insurance people wouldn't say yes to a full respray so I got half of one...

Brand New paint over one half of the car, 13 year old paint over the front half..not obvious at all.

THere was no structural damage which I'm grateful for, but still I'm a bit upset. If I ever go to sell the 'line, I'm sure I'll have some questions to answer..
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I feel your pain man, I know my sister has had the same kind of fight with AAMI about choice of repairer. Thats why when I slightly binged my Suby I gave AAMI the finger and did it without Insurance (plus not losing a rating over a silly minor parking lot scrap was a logical move imo).

They are not the greatest people to work with but their prices are pretty decent.
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
I think it was one of Motor Magazine's writers who said basically "an Audi, that handles well? Gasp!". Can't say I've ever driven/been in/been interested in an Audi, but I really like the performance models they've been pumping out in recent years. The R8 or R10 or whatever looks like the sex.

They loved the RS4. So much it won Performance Car of the Year. I imagine the R8's just as good, considering it's lighter and has the same engine, but in the middle. Very Happy
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know why as the Audi RS8 (that supercar looking thing) is pathetic tbh. Its engine nowhere near matches a Ferrari or Lambo in the same category and for good reason. Audi would not want to compete with Lambo. Yet it is styled to look the part of a supercar...
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DXPetti wrote:
I don't know why as the Audi RS8 (that supercar looking thing) is pathetic tbh. Its engine nowhere near matches a Ferrari or Lambo in the same category and for good reason. Audi would not want to compete with Lambo. Yet it is styled to look the part of a supercar...

It's not in the same category as those brands; they're not competing at all. Audi designed this car specifically to make it fit inbetween their "normal" cars and Lambo's supercars.

Supercars.net wrote:
Base price will be around $130 000 USD which is direct competition to the Porsche 911 and Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
stone_monkey
Team Edward FTW!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is my baby....

I am going to put a different front on it soon. The front I want is similar to the new VE commodores.
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the R8 style is still growing on me but it's performance should be pretty damn good. also, there could be some interesting developments for this body shape in the future cause....

Wikipedia wrote:
The 2-seat coupe will be made available to the U.S. in the summer of 2007. In addition, an open-top, Porsche Carrera-GT-like model will follow in 2008.

For 2009 a second, more powerful engine variant that uses a 520-hp 5.2 L V10, an enlarged version of the Lamborghini Gallardo's engine and already seen in the Audi S8, is rumoured but not confirmed by Audi. Audi is currently in the process of developing a new turbocharged 5.2 L V10 engine for the future Audi RS6, and there is a possibility that this engine will make its way into the R8, dependent on marketing decisions. Test mules of this vehicle are developing well in excess of 600 bhp with the turbocharged 5.2 L V10. If this were to happen it is almost certain that this would create an RS8.

According to some sources[2] the 6.0 liter V12 TDI diesel engine from Audi Q7 has been confirmed to Audi R8 as well. This would make Audi R8 by far the fastest diesel powered car in the world with 0 - 100 km/h acceleration in less than 4 seconds. However the V12 diesel found in the Q7 is unlikely to make it in due to the fact that the engine will only fit under the Q7's bonnet.

hmmm, a blown V10 *drool* Very Happy
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DXPetti wrote:
Audi would not want to compete with Lambo.

Audi is Lamborghini's current owner. They don't need to compete, really. Razz

Anyway. I like the sound of that V10, Dante. Very Happy
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
BGSarevok wrote:

Audi is Lamborghini's current owner. They don't need to compete, really. Razz

on further reading, i just noticed that too Razz

BGSarevok wrote:
Anyway. I like the sound of that V10, Dante. Very Happy

hell yeah. fuel economy? what? Razz

stone_monkey wrote:
Here is my baby....
I am going to put a different front on it soon. The front I want is similar to the new VE commodores.

thats going to look interesting, post pics when finished Very Happy or you could go out and buy the new VE GTS Razz
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dante wrote:
the new VE GTS Razz

The first thing I thought when I saw one of those in the flesh was "Plastic fantastic?!? It looks more riced than an Evo!".
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:

The first thing I thought when I saw one of those in the flesh was "Plastic fantastic?!? It looks more riced than an Evo!".

heh, they look alright in certain colours (or can you only get it that orangey holden colour?)

actually, one of my die-hard-holden-fan work mates (we have some interesting conversations when it comes to cars Razz ) hates the new VE shape all together and especially hates the ve gts. i found this quite surprising.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dante wrote:
heh, they look alright in certain colours (or can you only get it that orangey holden colour?)

The only one I've seen was a blue GTS. It just didn't look... tough enough. Normally HSVs look like they're ready to breath fire and **** lightning but the new GTS has so many little plastic bits and grilles that it looks JDM TYTE YO.

I didn't mind the SS I saw in orange, though.
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:

The only one I've seen was a blue GTS. It just didn't look... tough enough. Normally HSVs look like they're ready to breath fire and **** lightning but the new GTS has so many little plastic bits and grilles that it looks JDM TYTE YO.

I didn't mind the SS I saw in orange, though.

seen the Walkingshaw Performance VE GTS? now that is one holden that i would seriously consider buying, love the colour too (since it was taken from the lambo's colour catalogue). was featured in this months Motor mag.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
birdy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
was checking out a muscle car show yesterday. there were some really mad mustangs and one anyone can do - a normal ford wagon decked out with really mad mags (16in i think), tv in the back, excellent paint job, it was really good for a ford. But the highlight for me was that Brocks old cars were there.

For my own car I've got a vn commodore purple, half decent mags, sounds good aswell. Gets me attention anyway, seeing as you cant get fast cars on p plates any more.
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
[..]

That was my point, they styled the car to mix with the wrong crowd XD
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well.... my dad has gone and done it. the '05 STi is no longer Crying or Very sad no, it wasn't regulated to a pile of scrap metal in an unfortunate smash but was the unwilling tool in purchasing his new Audi RS4. I didn't even get to say good bye or even drive her one last time Crying or Very sad what are my chances of getting to drive the RS4, you say? zlich, zero, zippo, nadda etc. i'd say. Confused too bad there is a 5 month waiting list Razz

still haven't had the chance to see one of these up close cause the one dad test drove was a demo passing through town. suppose i'll get to in 5 months time. i'll see if i can post up pictures when it arrives.

the bum didn't even offer to sell the STi to me either Confused but since he has a ecutek flash on the 'puter and no one in townsville tunes them anymore, it was kinda a dead end to me in what i wanted from it.
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dante wrote:
the bum didn't even offer to sell the STi to me either Confused but since he has a ecutek flash on the 'puter and no one in townsville tunes them anymore, it was kinda a dead end to me in what i wanted from it.

Thats rough man, you could of always taken to MRT in NSW, they are Rex specialists (they do more than that now though).
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DXPetti wrote:

Thats rough man, you could of always taken to MRT in NSW, they are Rex specialists (they do more than that now though).

just a tad to far to just get a car tuned for me, especially if i have to go back numerous times.

anywho, that cold change in the air called winter is on its way........'bout time to hit the drags again i think Twisted Evil
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
grenade_lobster
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Well, I *had* a car... Reply with quote
Yes, I had a car. But my friend thought it would be amusing to go up to Mt. Tambourine and do a little drifting. And she can't drift for k-rap. So, hence...no more car. TT.TT

I had a Silvie. That's what I called her, and now she's g-o-n-e.

And I accidentally posted this as new topic. Mr. Waffle must hate me. >.<
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've heard several horror stories on how someone has let their (in other cases without the owner knowing) mate/best friend/brother/sister drive their performance car which has then ended in tragedy. it either ends in the car being written off or so much damage has been caused to the car that it might as well be a write off.

thats why i don't let anyone else drive my car and i'm the only one insured to drive it anyway, no second driver. the only person who i let drive my car is my dad......and mum but she doesn't like manuals so she's only ever driven it once.

are you still mates with your friend grenade_lobster after she wrote off you car?
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
grenade_lobster
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Good question Reply with quote
Um, no. The damage done to my car was too far done to repair. When she puts up the jack for a new car I might consider letting her back in my circle, but until then...I'm not on speaking terms. And I've learnt a valuable lesson. NEVER let anyone behind the wheel other than yourself.
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bl dude, bl indeed! The only people I let drive my car is my mum or dad and thats it.
grenade_lobster
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DXPetti wrote:
Bl dude, bl indeed! The only people I let drive my car is my mum or dad and thats it.

Yeah, but now I'm lookin' at getting myself a R-32, however...my mum is like, 60 years old (or at least looks it) and if dudes I know saw her tooling around in my car, I'd get the piss taken out of me BIG time. And there's no way in hell I'd ever let my brother drive any car of mine. The folks got him an Evo, and he drives around like he's all that. And what makes me laugh is that he never actually *races* with the thing. He just drives around trying to pick up girls. He's such a punk, I'm ashamed that I'm related to him, really. I mean, we race each other sometimes. But he never goes out of his way to challenge anyone. I'm always the one who has to go to whoopwhoop to race people on their turf, and everyone hates it when they see a girl get out of the car, and they hate it more when I beat their ass. Just last week, I borrowed my bro's Evo and raced some loser at the gold coast. He drove a Celica, and talked trash until I gave him the caning he deserved. I must admit that the Evo is fast, but I like the R-32 better. I might get a second hand one and get it tricked out. Or I might just buy a new one. Haven't decided yet.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
grenade_lobster wrote:
folks got him an Evo, and he drives around like he's all that.

...They bought him an Evo?

grenade_lobster wrote:
I must admit that the Evo is fast, but I like the R-32 better. I might get a second hand one and get it tricked out. Or I might just buy a new one. Haven't decided yet.

I assume you're talking about an Evo, since the R32 hasn't been made since 1994. Unless you're referring to a Golf R32...
grenade_lobster
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
[..]

I assume you're talking about an Evo, since the R32 hasn't been made since 1994. Unless you're referring to a Golf R32...

I meant a Lan-Evo. -laughs- More like, that car should be called the Lan-EVIL. XD

Page 11 of 13

Jump to: