Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Gundam Games Thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Gundam Games Thread
Author
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: The Gundam Games Thread Reply with quote
Due to the increase of Gundam related games coming out recently, I thought it might be time to start a thread dedicated to these games.

The large amount of these are SEED games, but there are others set in different series (such as SD Gundam Force) so feel free to chat about these too!

Bandai Games has details on recently released games over different systems (all but the Nintendo DS).

I've been looking into getting Gundam SEED : Battle Assault (on the Gameboy Advance). The screenshots look good (for GBA) and to top it off, you can actually play as the Astray suits! Has anyone else got or played this game? What's it like and is it worth getting?
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good idea, MC (I'm going to call you that now. HAMMER TIME)

I haven't played any SEED games, but I've got/completed Federation vs Zeon (at arcades and Japanese ps2 version), MSG: Meguma Sora (or something), and MSG: Lost War Chronicles.

FvsZ is the definitive mech arcade/fighting game, the simple controls and jump-right-in gameplay (similar to Virtua On) is an absolute blast, anyone can play at the drop of the hat. I've got the sequal (Gundam vs Zeta Gundam) on the way now...

MS has more Zone of Enders gameplay, following the story from the original series, it's absolutely brilliant (especially if you've seen the show Razz).

Lost War Chronicles is similar to FvsZ (same engine), but follows a more Armored Core style gameplay (mission objectives, wingmen etc), which would be good except they totally RUINED the controls T_T I couldn't play it they were so bad...

Oh, before anyone asks "where do I get these games?" know that all but a small handful are Japanese releases, with little to no english. Some have come out in the USA, I'm not sure which ones, check www.gamerankings.com if you want to know.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
Good idea, MC (I'm going to call you that now. HAMMER TIME)

Thanks! I thought it was a good idea too! Wink

*Dances off to the left with my parachute pants on* Shocked
Negative_Zero
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
Gundam vs Zeta Gundam

I saw some gameplay footage from this and it looks awesome. Really hoping it gets an english translation, because the concept of flying a Qubeley is extremely appealing.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Negative_Zero wrote:
Mr Waffle wrote:
Gundam vs Zeta Gundam

I saw some gameplay footage from this and it looks awesome. Really hoping it gets an english translation, because the concept of flying a Qubeley is extremely appealing.

Given Zeta's recent release on dvd, we can only hope Very Happy it only recently came out in Japan/HK and at the arcades, so hopefully english this year. Did anyone ever play the english version of Fed vs Zeon on PS2? They had an english demo of it on the aussie PS2 mag, but it never got released here that I know of :/ (the demo was PAL too)
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe AEUG vs Titans is coming out in the US sometime this year. Gundam vs Zeta Gundam seems to be an amalgamation of FvZ and AvT, though I haven't been following it much so I may be wrong. I haven't heard anything about a US release for it though.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
grey_knight wrote:
Does ANYBODY have any idea when/if any gundam games will be released here?? I've been trying to find them, but no luck. If anybody has seen any in sydney, or closer to me, please let me know!!
Thanx! ^_^
Thats All......

There has never been a gundam game released in Australia as far as I know. The only way to play one is if you buy a Japanese or American version and have an appropriate way to play it (ie a Japanese/US ps2). The Gameboy games will work on our GBs just fine, though.
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've played Federation vs Zion DX on Dreamcast, and it's pretty good.

As waffle said, it's very similar to Virtual On, but the chance to pilot a Zaku is always a bonus.

Although I don't know much of what's going on...maybe if i understood japanese...

Last edited by El^Presidente on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mattos
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well Aeug vs Titans is Gundam Vs Zeta they changed the name and added ms and mas from the orignal gundam series to the game. IT will be out in america soon. Ive played the japanese version. ITs a great game controls are easy to learn. Also there are a lot of different ms to play as so its always a great multiplayer. Finally story mode is not disappointing you can play as either the Aeug or Titans. Each side allows you to play as any of the major characters from each side and all battles that they participate in from the series.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've managed to get a hold of a copy of Gundam SEED : Battle Assault on the GBA from eBay. Hopefully I'll get it by Friday. I'll give it a burl when I get it and post my thoughts just in case anyone else is interested in getting it too.
Mattos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ive played battle assault and its alright but i prefer gundam seed destiny for the gba. It allows you to unlock gundam seed battle assault also it has all of the gundams from it and seed destiny plus extra characters to unlock for different ms which the first one didnt have. ITs so much better. Other than that they are pretty much the same. both are fun games.
grey_knight
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does ANYBODY have any idea when/if any gundam games will be released here?? I've been trying to find them, but no luck. ](*,) If anybody has seen any in sydney, or closer to me, please let me know!!
Thanx! ^_^
Thats All......
With an Aegis to shield us.

"Though mere mortals in His service,
everlasting shall be our True Duty."
Et Imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcism! - The Oath of the Grey Knights
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
grey_knight wrote:
Does ANYBODY have any idea when/if any gundam games will be released here?? I've been trying to find them, but no luck. ](*,) If anybody has seen any in sydney, or closer to me, please let me know!!
Thanx! ^_^
Thats All......

No gundam games have been released in Australia afaik. You'll most likely have to import. Another option would be to check out all the Chinese-owned games stores as a lot of them have imported titles for sale. Yet another option would be to check on ebay. I have occasionally seen R2/R1 PS2 games for sale there.

BTW, for PS2 games you'll have to get yourself a chipped/Japanese/US PS2 in order to play them.
grey_knight
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanx for your advice on that!
i'll give it sum thought. #-o
With an Aegis to shield us.

"Though mere mortals in His service,
everlasting shall be our True Duty."
Et Imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcism! - The Oath of the Grey Knights
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got and played Battle Assault on the GBA. Cool

It's pretty good for a fighter. It's well animated and the backgrounds are well done. The combo system is pretty poor and the lack of battery backup saves is dissapointing. I've finished it twice so far (once with Strike and once with Raider Gundams) and I'm enjoying it.
Mattos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah that part always confused me with battle assault. You need to unlock things but it doesnt save. So you always have to carry around some stupid code to play as Freedom or Justice.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Man, I can't believe I was the first person to Post this...

It's been revealed that Super Robot Wars α 3 is already half-complete, and it's also the debut of Gundam SEED and Virtual On in this Series: the latter being a total surprise since it's a Video Game with no other spinoff tie-ins.
FullArmourEva00
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Man, I can't believe I was the first person to Post this...

It's been revealed that Super Robot Wars α 3 is already half-complete, and it's also the debut of Gundam SEED and Virtual On in this Series: the latter being a total surprise since it's a Video Game with no other spinoff tie-ins.

Well, there's alot less SRW fans on this board then Gundam fans...

As for me, I've played a few Gundam games (not including SRW games, which I've played 5 of which contain Gundams) such as SEED Destiny (basicly Battle Assault with some suits from Destiny), SEED (the action one, not Battle Assault), SD Gundam G Generation Advance and V Gundam for the SNES.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Um...with the exception of the Original Generation Titles, there isn't a Super Robot Wars Game without Gundams of some kind.

Hell, Char's Counterattack has been in every Super Robot Wars Game.
Lina Inverse
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
grey_knight wrote:
Thanx! ^_^
Thats All......

The chances of this happening is about the same chance that Xenosaga will be released here in Australia
Mu: Youíre right about that. If anything you could use her as a girlfriend.
Natarle: Objection
Mattos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*Crys* why did u mention xenosaga ive been wanting both of them for ages. Crying or Very sad

So what series are in SRW a 3? hopefully rahxephon again.

Also do we know what the Swr game is being made for the psp?

Finally to top my complete gundam free post, did you know that Xenosaga is being made for the Nintendo Ds. Im definently getting a ds now. Very Happy Very Happy
FullArmourEva00
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*!Lionheart!* wrote:
*Crys* why did u mention xenosaga ive been wanting both of them for ages. Crying or Very sad

So what series are in SRW a 3? hopefully rahxephon again.

Also do we know what the Swr game is being made for the psp?

Finally to top my complete gundam free post, did you know that Xenosaga is being made for the Nintendo Ds. Im definently getting a ds now. Very Happy Very Happy

Off the top of my head, Alpha 3 has:
Ideon
Gunbuster
Macross DYRL
Macross Plus
Macross 7
Evangelion
GaoGaiGar FINAL
Virtual On
Banpresto Originals
Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Getter Robo
Gundam SEED
Gundam Wing
Gundam 0083
Staple Gundams (CCA, Z, ZZ)
Raideen

There's quite a few more, but I can't be bothered checking it up.

Quote:
Um...with the exception of the Original Generation Titles, there isn't a Super Robot Wars Game without Gundams of some kind.

I know that. The reason I said 5 of which contain Gundams is because I've played both OG games. And SRW-Lord of the Elementals also doesn't contain any Gundams.
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats a nice lineup they have there though i would prefer if they gave raideen or some super robot show that has been in every srw game to date and put in the rahxephon again. Is this for the ps2 or is it the psp one?
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I got Another Centurys Episode (ACE) and Gundam vs Zeta. OMG. BOTH GAMES KICK SO MUCH PANTS.

For starters, if you don't know about ACE, go to the website right now and watch the trailers, especially the first one. The intro alone will make you need a change of pants. It's one of those mecha fanservice games (like SRW) but instead of hardcore strategy it's flying around blowing stuff up ala Zone of the Enders. I've only played two missions so far but it's really really really funky. You earn points that you can use to upgrade your mechs (which you unlock along the way) and... argh... the videos show it all. Razz Not overly deep but damned good fun.

As for Zeta, it's fed vs zeon taken to the most awesome it can be. Not only are the graphics heaps better (same engine but really nice textures and such, looks brand new), way flashier animations, HEAPS of mecha from MSG & Zeta, and the best thing, a new story mode. You can play the Zeta storyline from the point of view of all the characters (you need to unlock each character after being involved with them- ie first battle unlocks Quattro, first battle with him unlocks the two Rick Dias pilots). You can use points you earn in battles to buy new mecha, BGM, levels etc in battle mode, and also upgrade the mechs in the story mode.

Now, to find some faqs so I can understand wtf is going on with half the menus... Razz
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so i take it that your gundam vs zeta is the Japanese version too. My friend has it and i just love having multiplayer matches against him and a few other friends. At first the matches end pretty quickly but now we are all good enough to make some matches last for almost an hour. its such an addictive game
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*!Lionheart!* wrote:
so i take it that your gundam vs zeta is the Japanese version too.

Well... it's the only version Razz (apart from the Asian version which is the same, maybe with Chinese text...).
Mattos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh i thought that the us version of this game was out already. Razz
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geshpenst Mk 2 is in ACE?!! Shocked *bangs head on wall*

I shoulda gotten that game when I had the chance... But Nadesico and G Wing turned me off.

By the way, Zeta Gundam AEUG vs Titans DX can be found at one of the dodgy Asian arcades on Russell Street here in Melbourne. The challengers there are pretty good, so anyone looking for a fight can give that place a shot. I've had my arse handed over to me too many times already. Rolling Eyes

Right now, I'm just waiting hoping the next upgrade to the Feds VS Zeon series will have more of ZZ Gundam, or maybe 0080. Hygog and Doben Wolf.... *drool*
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kensheeen wrote:
By the way, Zeta Gundam AEUG vs Titans DX can be found at one of the dodgy Asian arcades on Russell Street here in Melbourne. The challengers there are pretty good, so anyone looking for a fight can give that place a shot. I've had my arse handed over to me too many times already. Rolling Eyes

heh yeah, I first realised there was a new version of FvsZ when I saw AvsT at an arcade in Sydney... so I rushed online and ordered the ps2 version XD I adore the UC mode, it's so fun playing through with the characters in different suits, doing all the "what if" scenarios and stuff... I unlocked Psyco Gundam the other day, very amusing Razz The fact that I'm only at something like 30% complete and I've "finished" two of the three available sides (AEUG and Titans, with Zeon untouched thus far) implies I've still got a bucketload of missions to unlock Razz

I imagine the next version will be ZZ based, hopefully also including 0080 and 0083. An AU based one wouldn't go to astray (pun intended) either Wink
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
heh yeah, I first realised there was a new version of FvsZ when I saw AvsT at an arcade in Sydney... so I rushed online and ordered the ps2 version XD I adore the UC mode, it's so fun playing through with the characters in different suits, doing all the "what if" scenarios and stuff... I unlocked Psyco Gundam the other day, very amusing Razz The fact that I'm only at something like 30% complete and I've "finished" two of the three available sides (AEUG and Titans, with Zeon untouched thus far) implies I've still got a bucketload of missions to unlock Razz

I imagine the next version will be ZZ based, hopefully also including 0080 and 0083. An AU based one wouldn't go to astray (pun intended) either Wink

I don't have the money to spare for the PS2 version because I already spent it all at the arcade. Embarassed Just wait until you get Psyco Mk 2. Pardon the expression but firing off the reflector bits is almost an orgasmic experience. Laughing
After playing for a while, my favourite MS are still the Dom, Marasai and Super Gundam. The Super Gundam's Long Rifle is another very drool-worthy weapon. Twisted Evil
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kensheeen wrote:
After playing for a while, my favourite MS are still the Dom, Marasai and Super Gundam. The Super Gundam's Long Rifle is another very drool-worthy weapon. Twisted Evil

Oh man I hate the Super Gundam >_< but that's probably cause I only got to use it in space in the UC mode. I imagine it's much better in ground combat... like an uber powered hizack custom? I love that suit, even if it is weak, the gun is fun Razz
Mattos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Super Gundam is actually a pretty lame suit all round. Its bulky and easy pickings, its cannon is completely useless if your opponent is aware of you, its melee is easilly countered and finally its missiles are probably the best weapon it has but they miss fairly often.

I like using Ground type gundams. They have some pretty cool weapons i like using their snipe cannon for picking off air enemies. Very Happy
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nobody disses the Super Gundam around me and lives to tell the tale.

You WILL worship it!
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
You WILL worship it!

Unless you're Yazan Gable in a Hambrabi Smile
Mattos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahahhahahahahah good one

Super gundam sucks in Zeta vs Gundam. Just plain and simple. Cool
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yazan is a tool.
Mattos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Yazan is a tool.

Amen to that brother Razz
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Yazan is a tool.

But he's a badass tool. Very Happy

But back to Super Gundam! It's pretty good in Zeta vs Gundam. You just gotta have good teamwork with your partner. Keep at medium range and just switch opponents frequently so they're not sure who is targeting who. That's how you can get many unforced errors from your opponent, and you usually only need 2 to reduce them to scrap. Twisted Evil

I like the Hi-Zack custom too, but I just find it doesn't seem to be worth that extra cost. Sad
F l a r e
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only game I've played with Gundams in it is Super Robot Wars on the GBA... and loved it ^^. Hopefully they'll (eventually) release one here... (or at least in the US in English)

Gai Daigouji wrote:

Hell, Char's Counterattack has been in every Super Robot Wars Game.

And you usually end up using those, as they're usually the best mecha in the game.... (especially the Master Gundam in SRW Advance)
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But Advance is horribly broken, so it doesn't count. Laughing

Even if the Dragonar & Daimos Units are cool.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I find in SRW, I mostly use the Gundams to whack the weaker enemy units, then pound the boss with hicchu tamashii Sun Attack, Daitarn Craaaaash! Wink

Wonder how SEED will do in SRW Alpha 3....
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In SRW Destiny i use the team attack with Shin Getter and dragon getter to kill bosses. While in reversal i use the shuffle alliance attack with hot blood to waste bosses. Too bad its a bit tricky to get all the units in line.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like obliterating my Enemies with the DX's Twin Satellite Cannon or Dendoh's Phoenix Yell.

Too bad that no Gundam X Pilots have the "Soul" Command...
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gundam PS3 game!

pics: http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748465/imgs_1.html
teaser: http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748465/vids_1.html

I have no idea whether that trailer is rendered with the ingame engine or not. Given the PS3s stats, I wouldn't be surprised if it is.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although that PS3 game looks bloody awesome, I'm sick of the One Year War already. It's about time they made a Gundam ZZ game, so I can finally use my beloved Doben Wolf.

Oh, and Gundam RPG for PS2. It's so obvious they're trying to copy Final Fantasy. Confused And wow, Yasuda Akira's done it again with his crazy character designs....

http://g-rpg.com

But I'm gonna get it because that new character Gavenger looks a lot like my hero Corin Nander! Very Happy
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because we all know that Final Fantasy is the first & only RPG.

This isn't even worthy of an eye-rolling Emoticon.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL! How the hell do you think up quotes like that Gai? Very Happy
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm bitter and twisted. Just become a fan of a few new TV Shows on FOX and you'll eventually end up like me.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heheh. I haven't watched anything on TV that's not anime for a few years now. Wink
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen Japanese copies of SD Gundam G Generation for the DS floating aound on eBay at the moment, but does anyone know if and when Gundam SEED DS is actually coming out? Last I heard was the 5th of May in the US...

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: