Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Gundam Games Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Gundam Games Thread
Author
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, I got pretty bored of ACE after a few stages. I find the controls too sluggish, compared to the Feds VS Zeon series.
GP
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just played alliance vs zaft

i highly recommend it!
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alliance vs ZAFT is officially my favourite Gundam game ever.

Although it's modelled on G vs ZG, it thankfully does not suffer from the same sluggish movement and horrible controls (floating space battles were excruciating). With a plethora of Seed AND Destiny mecha to play with (though destiny ones have to be unlocked), and with fast action orientatated play mechanics, this is by far one of the best mecha games to date.

Favourites so far are Gaia, Justice, Blaze Zaku Phantom, and Aegis... Freedom's 50% hi-mat attack pwns though, especially with its insanely fast recharge rate...
GP
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
after further play i found many cons with this game

i dont like the star-point based life-system.
currently life = 7.5stars

so savior, justice, freedom & province can only die once since they have 4star

which is pretty unfair if you go 1v1 against a equally-skilled opponent or friend using aegis, abyss, gaia etc since 3.5 stars grants them 2 lifes.

infact mu's mobius zero is almost too good for a 1 star since it has 7 lifes & can send gunbarrels out to attack enemy automatically while staying up high out of enemy range
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And that's different to FvsZ/AvsT/GvsZ how? From what you say, all they did was change it from being based on 700 (I think?) resource points to stars.
GP
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
havnt played those old games but this one's pace seems a little faster than the ones i see in arcades & graphics obviously better & according to ign etc its first one to mix both space & land together
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
IGN's opinion on anything Gundam is less-than-credible at best.
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai's right about that, they wouldn't be able to tell a Gundam from Gaogaigar =_=

Anyway, the life system is pretty much identical as you've stated Wapuru, apart from the change (from points to Stars).

I honestly don't think it's unfair at all... sure your Moebius Zero might be awesome value for its 1 star ranking, but keep in mind a 4 star Freedom could wipe you out with one fuily charged Hi-Mat attack. Though you'd have constant respawn, your damage in comparison would probably be minimal at best, and keep in mind you would have to dodge Freedom's attacks while landing your own.

Of course ultimately, it all comes down to the pilots skill level as well. I seem to do surprisingly well with a normal Gunner Zaku, but I suck at using some high power units like Providence (I'm obviously not a Newtype T__T).
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Real men fight with their bare fists. Real men use Ginn Ocher. Tatsumaki Senpuuuu Kyaku!! .... real men don't live long. Very Happy

Other favourites: Raider, Blitz, Gaia, Savior, ZaWOOT!, Lagowe.

As for Moebius Zero, I'm sorry to say it deserves 1 star. All your opponent has to do is charge up to you with a beam sabre, and you're helpless. Your gunbarrels won't be able to track a fast moving opponent, your main cannon only fire forward, and at close range, you can't evade a well timed melee no matter which direction you boost. Gunbarrels do crap damage anyway.

I'd say the star ratings are pretty balanced. It still uses the resource system, except you have to work it out yourself.

Full points 1000
5 star 700
4 star 560
3.5 star 450
3 star 420
2.5 star 280
2 star 270
1 star 210

The main thing about this game is it's faster. A lot easier to position and team combo thanks to the increased mobility, and you'll be relying a lot more on reflexes and funky sidestep cancels etc. In a way, that makes strategic positioning less important as you can just boost dash to get it right easier than before. Also, the MS feel lighter since they're faster, so you don't get that feel of "Yeah baby, I'm in a giant mecha" as much.

Also, the cancel system is very interesting. Charge shots can cancel just about any move you do, so you can use them for combos. When you're awakened(SEED mode) you can also cancel melees into other melees for beautiful combos.

Oh, useful move for Buster and Gunner Zaku Warrior. When your cursor is yellow, charge your shot to about 90%, let go, immediately do a normal shot, charge to 100% and let go before your fire animation finishes. Your gigantic beam of death will home in on the enemy for hilarious results. GUREEEEAAATTTO!!!
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amuro Ray beats down anyone in MS fisticuffs.

Nu Rush!
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about Domon Kasshu? Very Happy
Eric Brewster
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: EVA VS Gundam Mobile Suits-Gundam Games&Simulations Reply with quote
Eric Brewster:
I hope nobody minds me wading into this it seems an interesting topic.......
.......I am hoping my ideas for an simulator will work too. If you bring down the MBS etc to their bare bones and modify the gaming from PC, arcade and XBox PS&PS2s to an board game style of format and use dice rolls as your recorded attacks, I ask would it work if someone built it?

You could play it online with other players, do the simulations anytime you would want and without having to go into a hostserver that sometimes gets bogged down. I tried dice on paper and recording stats, it works but is sort of slow, the simulator may work out better, I have all the things to create a simulator and all you have to do is to slip paper sheets into cardboard frames, move cardboard indicators around abit to indicate positions where your carrier transports are going, slip in cardboard icons for your MBS suits and make your dice rolls, sounds simple?
Mattos
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Amuro Ray beats down anyone in MS fisticuffs.

Nu Rush!

You forgot to put KEKEKEKE!!!

Its always amuro this, amuro that. I think Kamille has it going on. Ramming your MA Zeta gundam through opponents is the way to go.

I know this is slightly different but ive had in ZVG, a Ball vs Psycho gundam and having the ball winning. This is like the whole Mobeus Zero thing, with the respawns being so much compared to the Psychos 2 makes it rather easy to beat it. Also that and the psycho is huge and nearly impossible to control decently. I suppose that AVZ doesnt have to worry about that because the biggest ms in CE is the Destroy Gundam and thats not in the game.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the Psycho really relies on backup and good use of MA mode. You usually have to rely on your partner to charge the enemy as fast as he can before you take too many hits. But it's a little too expensive to be useful. The Psycho 2 does a bit better because of the Reflector bits, but if the opponent is using Guntank or Guncannon, forget it.

OMNI vs ZAFT is fine though. Everything is nicely balanced.
Heheh. I defeated 3 Freedoms with a Launcher Skygrasper, 1 on 3. Very Happy
Mattos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess its time to say Lacus Fan Boys Rejoice.

And here i thought that all her job was to look ugly and warm the captains seat on the eternal and spurt psychobabble in the middle of a serious battle. But it looks like she can pilot a MS in the newest Seed Destiny game.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now really, is there anybody out there who doesn't think that Cosmic Era just completely soiled itself with that act?
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay! I get to use Lacus in battle! Makes no sense, but CE doesn't have to make sense! Yay! Lacus and her pink haro! Very Happy

I'd like to have even more of the SEED females as playable characters. Hearing their cutesy voices while blowing the crap out of them is quite enjoyable. Rolling Eyes
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It fails at life if it doesn't let you use Meer in a pink Zaku.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody who uses a Pink Zaku fails at life.

I remember when Zakus used to be respected and feared: granted, it only lasted for the 1st Episode of the Original Series but that's a Hell of a lot longer than most CE grunts get their moment in the spotlight.
Mattos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
It fails at life if it doesn't let you use Meer in a pink Zaku.

Amen to that, Meer is so much better than lacus in everyway. However i want to use Murrue as a pilot. I think i would wet my pants if that happened.

But for lacus being a pilot that just fails, but atleast it gives me a chance to absolutely rape her in ms battles just because i hate her so much.
Baxy
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its a bit odd but I think it would be fun. I wonder if you can change the colours so you could get a pink strike freedom and then have Lacus pilot it.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And just when I thought I couldn't possibly despise Strike Freedom anymore than I already do.

Way to go, Baxy!
Baxy
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're welcome.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now here's some superior news to anything Posted in a long time. Turns out that Climax UC will feature Crossbone Gundam Mobile Suits:

Admit it: that's better than anything that CE could ever come up with! Very Happy
Mattos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL Pirate Gundam's all teh way.

Yeah see pirate gundams= Original

CE= Clone of other gundams

Well its about time weve seen more Crossbone Gundam in Games, I think the only other game it has appeared in besides the Sd Gundam series, is Super Robot Taisen Alpha 2. Kudos to bandai for doing something good again.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now all they need to do is give their American branch better Blue Comet SPT Layzner sources and we'll be set.

And ∀ Space would be nice too.
Mattos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe this is the year of the Mwu. Making the impossible, possible.

Tekkaman Blade got liecensed and that was thought to have been impossible to do. Since Layzner is less impossible, maybe we will see bandai pick it up this year again and do something with it this time. Gundams not dead in the US yet so Turn A is not an impossible request, and since there isnt too much more gundam left to be released it wouldnt be that bad to have it be released soon. Though its better to be brought out after all the other pre Turn A series have been released.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Except that ∀ Space doesn't actually exist...it was going to be a crossover of all of Tomino's Mecha works that got condensed down to only Gundam at Bandai's request.
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That could be the next evolution in the Turn A timeline. Since bandai own all of his shows anyway.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
...it was what was initially supposed to be.

Apparently the Willgem was initially going to have the Ideon Gun as its primary weapon: can you imagine just how destructive that battleship would've been?
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ideon Gun?!! Whoa. I think Turn A would have ended very differently with that.

On Climax UC, I'm going to give it a miss. From the actual gameplay footage, it looks like it's just like ACE, and ACE felt really sluggish to play.
Mattos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=2099

OMG
OMG
OMG

There is a god, I really think I'm going to cry. Now if theres a US release theres a chance of an AUS release. The western world needs more SRW love.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, this is the best news I've heard since...well...I honestly can't think of anything to top it.

Atlus' Official Press Release

I'm ordering this from America the instant it's available: I can't risk waiting for a PAL Version.
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah ill order it too, since Atlus doesnt make massive runs of the games. Though atlus supposedly does fairly does fairly good translations, and are said not to be too sloppy with it. I can't wait to use Task and Huckbein MK 3, with the theme Ace Attacker playing in the background. Ace Attacker=Best SRW original theme ever
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm a little worried. Not so much about OG, but if later releases of SRW will be horribly dubbed.

I had a go at Magna Carta(another Atlus release) recently, and the dub was so bad I turned it off before the introduction bit even finished. If SRW ends up anything like that, I'm going to have to boycott it.

After seeing what was done to Magna Carta, I don't trust them with SRW at all.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I assume that any of the "Crossover" Titles would have the Cast from their TV Dubs roped in wherever possible.

But that's a long ways off yet. And you'd be able to switch back to Japanese Voices regardless.
Mattos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Meh i wouldnt be so certain. Most video games that have a Dub usually dont have the japanese audio, because audio tracks do take up a bit of space on the disc, that and the game companies are lazy. Ive only seen the dothack games and the bouncer which sport the duel audio and in the dothack games thats an extra u get after finishing the games.

Oh kensheen, i would just mute the game just so i can finally enjoy SRW in english. Though if they were ever to get one of the cross over games it would consist of all of the english cast reprising their roles most likely. Though the main issue is that a lot of the shows in there havent been released over in the US so somehow i doubt we will get a cross over in the western soil anytime soon if ever. We are more likely to get an SD gundam G Gen game than an SRW game that isnt OG.

With that said OG games rock. The original characters sport some of the coolest designs and the Mecha is awesome and varied cos they span from SRW 2 - SRW @2 i do believe.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Playing SRW without sound?... NOOOOO!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Although to be honest, I'll still be playing the Japanese version anyway, even when there's an English version. My opinion there doesn't really count for much. Rolling Eyes

But now I'm done whining, OG in English is a giant leap for SRW, so I hope it does well. I really like the Masoukishin cast and mecha, but out of the rest, I only really like Ibis, Irui and Zengar.

Now if only Touma and his Dairaioh were in OG. Twisted Evil
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In ACE 2 News:

20-Minute Promotional Video

Eiji & Ru Kaine V-MAX Combination!

*fangasm*
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_ogps/

SRW Original Generation for PS2.

It's basically a remake of OG and OG2, but with new scenarios, characters and mecha added.

Come on.... Dairaioh!!! I want Dairaioh!! Twisted Evil
Nine Breaker
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Current Gundam Games I Own :

MS Gundam : Gundam VS Zeta Gundam (Copied Version From School Friends Who Bought It In Hong Kong)
^
Alright Game , Usually Played Arcade Version Alot at Galaxy World and Playtime

MS Gundam : UC Climax (Japanese Import At Sydney Chinatown)
^
Had To Hurt My Wallet and Pay 140$ For This , But overall , the game is really good and HARD... cant beat Char in Xiong Sad and F91 Gundam is abit TOO powerful

MS Gundam SeeD : Never Ending Tomorrow (Copied Version From School Friends Who Bought It In Indonesia)
^
Been Playin This For Awhile , game play looks really bad

MS Gundam SeeD : EAF VS ZAFT (Copied Version From School Friend Who Bought It In Korea)
^ Loved This Game To Bits , then got Boring.. its also the Reason why i love the 3 Druggo Gundam Pilots and theyre Gundams..
Also been challenging Myself in this , 1 Ginn Level 2(me) VS an Onslought of Strike Daggers Level 4(CPU x3)

SD Gundam Force : Showdown! (Copied Version From School Friend Who Bought It In Indonesia)
^
like playing Crash Bandicoot mixed with RPG Style

Other Mech Games I Own :

Armored Core 2(1st PS2 Game i ever wanted..)
^
Game got me into Armored Core series

Armored Core 3(im a hardcore Armored Core fan)

Armored Core : Nexus (Copied Version From School Friend Who bought it in Indonesia)
^
New Parts and New style of weapons got me more intrested in Armored Core , especially Left Arm Weapons

Armored Core : Nine Breaker ( Copied Version From School friend who bought it in Indonesia)
^
Nothing but endless Arena fights , good for Arena lovers , but the A.I got way TOO hard , needed a Rigged A.C to defeat alot of A.Cs

Armored Core : Last Raven Demo (This was Originally suppose to be Full Version , but school friend from Indonesia didnt know , so hes getting his brother to wait for the American release to give to me)
^ got seriously pissed when i found out it was a Demo and not full game <.<
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mobile Ops: The One Year War YAY Xbox 360 Gundam

sorry if this is old news but its new to me lol

Edit, im tired and an idiot tonight so no working link
Nine Breaker
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone here who has played UC Climax , know how to get the Crossbone gundams?
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.seed-vs.com

Rengou vs ZAFT 2 is out at Blue House arcade on Russel St, Melbourne. Windam with nukes!! Too bloody slow to be of any real use, but BIG BIG BIG explosion!! Very Happy
Nine Breaker
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FEDERATION VS ZEON IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PAL AUSTRALIA :O
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok played Mobile Suit Gundam Federation vs Zeon deluxe(Pal version) and finished it already.

Ok here is the things I need to know.
1.Are there or will be there any other Gundam games released in pal version sometime(here or in UK), I'ld be interested in the SEED and SEED Destiny ones if they were?

2.Either way wich ones would you recommend and not recommend?(not including Super Robot Wars series)

Help is appreciated.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok poking in another game here has anyone ever played Genertations of C.E. or not?
it's a game I recommend.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never played Generations of CE. I've heard bad reviews from some friends so I've stayed clear.

Anyone else playing G Generation Spirits? If you like turn based strategy this is pretty fun.

It's also a bit like UC lite. You get introduced to a large number of UC series at one go. The stories all end up getting chopped short but you do get to play alongside some favourites and then some very much less well known characters.

Animations are sprite based off apparent 3D renders, which means they look awesome. They're in SD though, so those who don't like the style will be disappointed.

All in all, I liked the old G Generation F better. It felt like a more polished game while Spirits feels good, but incomplete. There were in general more stages to play for each series meaning you got more of the story. Also certain gameplay elements which I thought were better in the old game. G Generation Spirits has also left out almost all of AU, and a lot of the old G Gen original units. It also has no multiplayer, and the number of units you can field in one map has been decreased. Plus, I'm just bitter about Phoenix Gundam being so easy to get.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wonder why they'ld think it's bad, you should give it a go yourself, the way it works isn't too hard to get used to once do get used to it.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam quite a lot lately. Anyone else a fan? Yeah, the enemies are stupid, yeah, the gameplay is dumb and the story is vapid, but dammit, it's just so much fun! Razz Absolutely love the characters in it- the Domon/Milliardo/Puru story had me in stiches every time Puru butted in.

Oh, and thank crap for Japanese voices...

Page 3 of 4

Jump to: