Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Gundam Games Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Gundam Games Thread
Author
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/633/633907p1.html

IGN have a preview up of Gundam: True Odyssey, which is going to be ported to English soon. Though, some parts worry me... ie

"Voiceovers are being added stateside, and the story is being tweaked to appeal more to a Western audience."

Will it still have Japanese voice? How will the story change? >_<;

I was really looking forward to this, but now I'm not so sure... I don't think any Gundam games have survived the port with the Japanese dub intact...?

As a side note, the article writer is obviously writing for a stupid audience... "As in World of WarCraft, "Like in Diablo," oh yes of course those games are the only RPGs around Rolling Eyes oh well.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about this then?.

Maybe I'll have to think about getting a PS3 if this is coming out...
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Majin Cell wrote:
What about this then?.

Maybe I'll have to think about getting a PS3 if this is coming out...

That was just CG, though. They also showed a movie of FFVII, and that's not gonna come out... of course they'll release Gundam games on PS3, but they won't look that good.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I know it's just CG but hey, it still looks great.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/633/633907p1.html

IGN have a preview up of Gundam: True Odyssey, which is going to be ported to English soon. Though, some parts worry me... ie

"Voiceovers are being added stateside, and the story is being tweaked to appeal more to a Western audience."

Will it still have Japanese voice? How will the story change? >_<;

I've started playing the Japanese version of True Odyssey. There are no voices at all in the japanese version, which is kinda disappointing.

Anyway, thoughts. Graphics aren't all that great. Barely passable for PS2. Cut scenes are all done using the game engine so they don't look so hot either. Soundtrack sounds all right, but nothing like I've ever heard in a Gundam series. All in all, it feels very Final Fantasy. I had a friend walk in when I was playing and the first thing she said was "Final Fantasy?" to which I replied "Gundam." and she was stunned for a while. Rolling Eyes

Storywise, it's been very very linear so far, and rather generic in terms of dialogue and plot. Not bad, but nothing special. This seems to be a plot already aimed at kids, so I don't think they can make it much worse unless they try. Character designs I find to be quite interesting(Yasuda Akira rules!), and the characters themselves are all right even if a bit generic, but I don't like the CG that much. In terms of the world, a lot of it seems to be there for the sake of being there, so exploring the towns tend to be rather boring.

The thing that's keeping me playing the game though is the mech customisations. Characters level up like in every RPG, but mechs have to be upgraded. Granted, like most RPGs, you just end up throwing your old weapons away as you get better and better ones, but the things you can do with your units are just great. Not only can you switch pilots for the MS, but you can switch body parts and weapons as well, opening the way to many different combinations. I have a GM with Dom legs and Gouf shoulder spikes equipped with a Zugock claw/beam cannon, lower arm mounted machine gun, and shoulder mounted cannon. Custom colours too. Pink and black just like Utena. Twisted Evil

Leveling system is very nicely balanced. You can't just sit around leveling up because the exp system won't let you get far. Trying to rush the dungeons is doable and you still get decent experience, so the difficulty is okay. You really have to upgrade your MS and weapons though. I tried rushing through without upgrades and found it gets incredibly difficult after a while. I'm also finding that money just disappears quickly when you buy new weapons and upgrades, which is good in a way because you're never too powerful. Luckily, the number of useful weapons and parts you pick up just in the dungeons is pretty high compared to other RPG games.

The dungeons are pretty straightforward, but sometimes the maps tend to be rather big, so if you make a wrong turn, you spend a lot of time running back the right way. This is probably to account for a relatively low rate of encounters, but it makes it feel incredibly tedious going through places you've already been. In terms of pacing though, it's good. Cut scenes are never too long, and the next battle is never too far away.(If you take out all the time you spend running along the damn plains of nothingness!!)

Battle system is simple. Turn based, no time limit, close and long range attacks, items, special attacks and techniques. Long range attacks are safer but tend to do less damage. Close range attacks do more damage, but if the enemy survives, they can counterattack for full damage. There's also a nice EN system. Different weapons and specials use different amounts of EN, so you can keep poking with weak attacks or save up for a nasty special.

Conclusion: Cheap Final Fantasy ripoff in terms of overall game design(and I don't even like Final Fantasy), but the game system and range of customisation is interesting enough to make me want to continue playing.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Screw IGN. They're anti-Gundam tools. Seen the Gundam VS. Zeta Review fiasco yet?

And what timeline is True Odyssey anyway? Please tell me it's more than 1YW.

Mr Waffle wrote:
I don't think any Gundam games have survived the port with the Japanese dub intact...?

I believe that Gundam VS. Zeta has both Japanese & English Languages.

Mr Waffle wrote:
As a side note, the article writer is obviously writing for a stupid audience... "As in World of WarCraft,

I've picked my battle cry!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Screw IGN. They're anti-Gundam tools. Seen the Gundam VS. Zeta Review fiasco yet?

Nope. Tell!

Gai Daigouji wrote:
And what timeline is True Odyssey anyway? Please tell me it's more than 1YW.

it's set in its own little universe that has nothing to do with any of the others. Stuff from all the different series make cameos...
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let's just hope that something from X makes it in. Though I would like to build my "Final Boss" MS...but I doubt that Ashura Gundam is in. And I need its arms.

Oh, that review can be found here and yes, it's a piece of crap. But that's to be expected of IGNorant folk. Ed's reaction to the perfectly justifiable criticisms he got where very mature, too.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reading that review, it is obvious that he has no idea what Gundam is. I mean, the beam swords are an important part of the Gundam universe and all he does is bag the game for having them in it instead of using beam rifles all the time. He obviously has never watched a Gundam series.. Rolling Eyes
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually I don't blame the guy for that Gundam VS Zeta Gundam review. Not being a fan, you can't expect him to know the universe. And if it's a good enough game, you won't have to be a fan to like it.

However, his review shows just how weak a gamer he is. The controls may be simple, but really, this game is all about strategic positioning which many people don't see. Just because he's too dumb to figure out the strategies behind the game, he says there is none. Rolling Eyes If the game was that simple, why would you need any "skill" to complete it?(as he mentions near the beginning)

Personally though, I think GvZG is a failure. AEUG vs Titans DX at least had a fair number of new MS, but this one had nothing going for it really. Only new additions were ZZ Gundam and Quebley Mk 2. BAH!

Back to True Odyssey, I know God Gundam is in it, but no idea about X, Turn A or SEED. Yesterday I wandered into an area I wasn't supposed to and got my arse handed to me by a couple of Leos of all things. Shocked

Oh, and one thing I forgot. True Odyssey theme song = worst Gundam theme ever.
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kensheeen wrote:
Personally though, I think GvZG is a failure. AEUG vs Titans DX at least had a fair number of new MS, but this one had nothing going for it really. Only new additions were ZZ Gundam and Quebley Mk 2. BAH!

For someone who already owns AvT, GvZG doesn't really have all that much going for it. However if, like the rest of us, you don't own AvT then GvZG is a big improvement of FvZ. I have heard some people complain though the GvZG is too similar to FvZ in that other than new ms and a new compaign there are no improvements over the original.

Quote:
Back to True Odyssey, I know God Gundam is in it, but no idea about X, Turn A or SEED. Yesterday I wandered into an area I wasn't supposed to and got my arse handed to me by a couple of Leos of all things. Shocked

Oh, and one thing I forgot. True Odyssey theme song = worst Gundam theme ever.

True Odyssey doesn't really interest me. Firstly, i've come to dislike most PS2 RPGS. There's just something about their design in general that I don't like. Secondly, i've gotten over gundam games. Gundam is just too popular in Japan for it's own good. Anything (including games) that has the name 'Gundam' in it is guaranteed to make a profit, no matter how crap it is. Thus doesn't seem to be any drive at Bandai to make something new or good. Every gundam game just seems to play like the one that preceded it, and there's nothing that comes to mind as a stellar gundam game other than maybe Gihren's Greed.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kensheen is officially banned from piloting a Gundam until further notice.

Leos?! WTF?!

lythari wrote:
Every gundam game just seems to play like the one that preceded it, and there's nothing that comes to mind as a stellar gundam game other than maybe Gihren's Greed.

*ahem*
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
*ahem*

SRW is not strictly a 'gundam' game.
EDIT: You could also definitely say that each SRW game plays very much like it's previous incarnations.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tell that to the Destiny crowd after they found their SRs to have the defense of paper.
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Tell that to the Destiny crowd after they found their SRs to have the defense of paper.

Oh? So we have some unit stats floating around somewhere?
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grendizer can take 4-Digit Damage from "grunt" Units while Defending.

And MX is pretty unbalanced/broken too. Then there's the whole issue of dropping the Limit Stat.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
IGN has a new in-game video up of Gundam for the PS3. I like!! Very Happy
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I have heard some people complain though the GvZG is too similar to FvZ in that other than new ms and a new compaign there are no improvements over the original.

There's also the Kakusei system, which does make a bit of a difference. To me, the array of new MS is enough to add some variety to it, but it feels a lot more like an expansion pack than a whole new game.

Gai Daigouji wrote:
Kensheen is officially banned from piloting a Gundam until further notice.

Leos?! WTF?!

Exactly what I screamed out when they did 50% health per attack while I did ZERO damage to them! Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Grendizer can take 4-Digit Damage from "grunt" Units while Defending.

Sounds like the final stages of SRW F Final. Very Happy

Quote:
IGN has a new in-game video up of Gundam for the PS3. I like!!

Looking really nice, but I hope they improve the walk cycles. The animation looked sub standard.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kensheeen wrote:
Looking really nice, but I hope they improve the walk cycles. The animation looked sub standard.

Of course they will, don't expect too much yet, it's real early days yet.
Ryuujin
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A Gundam game has been announced for the Xbox 360, but there is no info on it just yet.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mobilesuitgundam/index.html
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the Boards weren't erratic I would've Posted that Super Robot Wars α 3 came out a few days ago.

Apparently you even get to use Blitz for a few Missions. But it doesn't look like the Z II is in it...however, the most important piece of information is that Kira gets owned by Kamille & Shinji.

...yes, THAT Shinji.
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SRW@3 kicks a lot of ass. Playing Selena's route atm (RR girl), and I've just cut ties with ZAFT and have joined the AA and Gundam crew. It was pretty cool taking command of Creuset and co. (thoroughly enjoyed pwning Beecha and other obnoxious morons from the ZZ crew), but as expected I eventually cut ties with them (gimme Athrun back T__T). Phase Shift Armour is a pain in the ass to combat, and I'm disappointed by the lack of the SP recovery skill, but beyond that it has been a lot of fun so far.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm annoyed that Yzak doesn't have Self-Destruct personally.

And what role does Zengar have this time anyway?

Shinomori Aoshi wrote:
Phase Shift Armour is a pain in the ass to combat,

Which is why Layzner should've been in.
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zengar popped up not to long ago on my route to help me out (Daizengar was a beast compared to every other unit I had), but he sadly disappeared again and I haven't seen him since. I didn't play much of Alpha 2 though (I only just finished MX before @3 came out), so I'm not all that sure about the backstory and stuch. The difficulty is a bit of a jump as well (I'm not use to enemies having a hit rate of above 0% on my RR's @_@), and the AI loves to pick on your weakest chara and focus on them until you're dead... even if you have units all around acting as bait. I just got throughly owned by a guy who had a 1~3 post movement map attack, who walked right into the middle of my squad and let loose (I didn't even know post movement map attacks existed @_@). Still, this game is heaps of fun =D
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I heard that MX was one of the easiest Super Robot Wars ever so yeah, your shock is not surprising. And the only Unit I've ever had with an insane Dodge rate is the 64 Billbine.

Shinomori Aoshi wrote:
I just got throughly owned by a guy who had a 1~3 post movement map attack, who walked right into the middle of my squad and let loose (I didn't even know post movement map attacks existed @_@).

Oh. Dear. God.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm gonna get Alpha 3, but I most likely won't play it until next year, because I want to finish Alpha 2 and True Odyssey first. Very Happy

The increased difficulty sounds good. Post movement map attacks? BRING IT ON!!

I also can't wait to use the Virtual-On mechs, as Virtual-On is the best mecha action game ever made. How are the characters for Virtual-On done? Do they even have portraits?
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe that the Virtual On Units are Piloted by...themselves.
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

There are supposed to be pilots!!!! Crying or Very sad

... But then again, if they did do pilots with portraits, I'd be complaining about the character designs now, so oh well. Rolling Eyes
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
...they still have Character Abilities + Spirit Commands etc., so don't worry...
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SRWJ!

TEK SETTER!!!!!!

Oh, and other mecha and such. *nods*

This might be the first SRW game I'm actually interested in... though I'm told the portable ones are hard, so maybe I'll play the ps2 ones first? Razz
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Until I see Banpresto Originals, UC Gundam & Getter Robo in J I'm extremely disappointed in it.

Keep in mind that this Game has Blue Comet SPT Layzner, Cyber Beast Force Dancougar, Martian Successor Nadesico & Mazinkaiser VS. General Black in it.

Mr Waffle wrote:
I'm told the portable ones are hard, so maybe I'll play the ps2 ones first?

Except that MX is the Easiest SRW Ever.
lythari
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oooo, I hear the Quin Manthra and the Geymark are in @3. Can someone confirm that?

Funnel spam!
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They are in it and for some reason you CAN use the Quin Mantha as your very own.

Which is-obviously-rockaliciously sweet.
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woohoo, I just got Freedom!!! <3 <3 <3 6600 post movement ALL attack for the win!

33 missions down and so far, it has been a good (but at times extremely tedious) ride. I still prefer the quality of the animations and overall pace of MX over Alpha 3, but the squad system certainly makes for some interesting play mechanics. Kinda disappointed that they made Zeta so crap in this game (ZZ is only marginally better), but I guess I can deal with it so long as Justice lives up to Freedom's specs. It's also a lot more difficult to field purely Reals in this game, as even with maxed out damage, they hardly dent some of the tougher bosses.

At the moment, I have Freedom, Dendrobrium, Zeta, ZZ, RGun, Solares, Nu Gundam, Wing Zero Custom, Tallgeese III, and Virtua On unit 1 (lol no idea what their names are) as my main squad leaders. As for Supers, Eva 01, Mazinkaiser, Shin Getter, Dancougar and Gaogaigar are the only ones who often get fielded.

Here's hoping for Haman Karn in her trademark white qubelley appearing on my team in the near future (though from what I've read of the @2 storyline, it doesn't seem like a promising prospect).

I miss Raxephon, Black Sarena, Hyaku-shiki Kai and Dendoh T__T
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You aren't using enough Supers!

Where's the love for Daitarn 3, the Nagahama Romance Trio, Raideen or even Ideon? Heh Heh Heh...

Shinomori Aoshi wrote:
Here's hoping for Haman Karn in her trademark white qubelley appearing on my team in the near future (though from what I've read of the @2 storyline, it doesn't seem like a promising prospect).

She's dead, Jim.
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mwahahahaha, 2nd form OG mechs are so the win. Just got the Algerias, and man does it kick ass. Soul + Post Movement ADJUSTABLE Map Attack with HUGE ASS RANGE = Instant death for almost every enemy squad. ^__^

Freedom + Justice combo attack is also extremely nifty. Ashame Athrun's ALL attack isn't post movement though, as I'd like to raise him to ACE status asap.

As for a lack of super usage, I'll admit, I don't have enough love for the old school series. Particularly when they look as ridiculous as Gaiking >_> Dancougar and Gaogaigar are undeniably cool beyond words though Very Happy
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished the main story of True Odyssey, and just finishing the side quests now. Pretty challenging as you get to the later levels. Last boss is an original mecha - a DG cell Wing Zero with 4 wings called Black Wing. Rolling Eyes Story wise, meh. And the stages are too large. The mazes are easy, it's just they love to make you run through extremely long corridors which really just waste your time. However, thanks to the nicely worked out battle system and crazy customisations, I'm happy with the game.

Just started SRW Alpha 3. The only new mech I like out of the 4 starting ones is the Raioh. It's too early to tell how the game will go, but it all looks good. A few things which bug me... Firstly, Mic Sounders the 13th has been left out of the Gaogaigar cast. It would have been great to see how he gets along with Nekki Basara, both of them seing the singing nuts they are. Secondly, they still haven't fixed their random number generator. 80% to hit my arse... Evil or Very Mad

And come on, I use Gaiking because I always get a good laugh out of it. "PPAHRIIIIZEEEERRRR!!!!" Twisted Evil

But I won't be surprised if Haman turns up in Alpha 3. I killed her in Alpha one and she "mysteriously survived" in Alpha 2. Rolling Eyes

Oh, in other news, just saw Gundam SEED: Feds VS ZAFT at the arcade in Russell Street, Melbourne. $2 per game is steep, but it's very nice. The MS are significantly faster and more maneuverable than AEUG VS Titans, and the jets last longer, making for dizzying aerial dogfights. The stages also look better and have a more interesting layout. I still don't like the mecha designs that much, but the game is top notch. Feels like a tuned up version of Virtual-On Force. Haven't seen the story mode yet because people kept challenging when I was there.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This game might be the one to convince me to waste $350 odd on a PSP (if it gets a translation into english too!).
Spite
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to pick up Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, True Odyssey and a couple SRW games in Thailand last month for my PS2 - yeah 'those' types of games.

I just need to pick me up one of them legal mod-chips. Wink
Mattos
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or get urself a PS2 harddrive.

I bought SRWJ in japan and so far 24 missions in i have to say this is easilly my fave out of all the GBA SRW. All of my faves are in this game, plus most of them havent been shafted. The new style of story telling makes it more interesting as you can kinda tell whats going on without reading the text *i cant read Japanese*. Might also be that ive seen almost all the shows in this game too Razz. IT uses the Favourite system from MX but this time 3 can be chosen each play through. The animations are great for GBA and the missions all have atleast 2-3 reinforcements to add to the difficulty. Also though the bosses only start with about 20k hp they are now getting to 70-90 k hp. Ive heard that near the end the bosses have over 100k meaning this is going to be one hard SRW near the end boss wise. Real bosses are nearly impossible to hit, and super bosses have incredible ranged attacks and buffed up armour. Though with that said ive only had a few Robots destroyed and they were due to my own stupdity. Ill leave the difficulty judgement up to you. Also the song system is in this game. This means that you could have Kira Yamato with Tomorrow from FMP or Reason from Tekkaman blade. So far each series holds 2-3 songs so its likely your fave is in there somewhere. Also each mech and pilot are fairly customisable and you can often trade mechs between pilots. Though not as much as R. OVerall this game is the best out of the GBA titles.
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it looks that the GCN got the latest SD Gundam Game that happens to be Cel-Shaded, bizarrely enough!
GP
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone played Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow? if so is it worth getting?
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
Well it looks that the GCN got the latest SD Gundam Game that happens to be Cel-Shaded, bizarrely enough!

It has Saikoro Gundam!! Yeah baby!! Very Happy

GP: What system is that game on?
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kensheeen wrote:

Lazy bum!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/921639.asp
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that the acronym "GCN" might've made it obvious...

And personally I'm more excited about the Gyan. Now if only X would get some love...
Kensheeen
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Mr Waffuru. Can I get a cookie with that? Very Happy

But yeah, I'm only interested in Alliance vs ZAFT when that comes out. Smile
GP
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
Kensheeen wrote:

Lazy bum!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/921639.asp

ya the screens look good but feedbacks looks pretty bad

i donno whether to wait for federation vs zaft or get this as well
Shinomori Aoshi
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the Japanese version of Never Ending Tommorrow. It's pretty fun, but to be honest you can finish and unlock everything within 3-4 days, and there really is very little replay value after that (unless you just feel the urge to take your fave Seed/Astray mecha out for a spin). The specially made MSV intro is damn cool though (love how they use Miguel's Custom Ginn as the Aile Strike replacement XD). If you like other mecha series besides Seed and are looking for a similar sort of game, give ACE (Another Century's Episode) a try; no seed mecha, but you won;t be missing those when you have Wing Zero, Epyon, Nu, and Zeta at your disposal ^^

Alliance vs Zaft is shaping up very nicely indeed, particularly with the inclusion of Destiny mecha (I think we'll be getting everything post-Destroy).

This reminds me, I really need to get around to finishing Destiny: Generation of CE, and SRW Alpha 3!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shinomori Aoshi wrote:
This reminds me, I really need to get around to finishing Destiny: Generation of CE, and SRW Alpha 3!

Then you can go buy a PSP for SRW MX, due out December! Those train trips won't seem quite so long anymore~~~
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They will once you finish MX in a matter of minutes.

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: