Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The Official "I'm going to Japan, help pls" thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
The Official "I'm going to Japan, help pls" thread
Author
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgive me for being a bit lazy and not searching too much, but curious on the idea of bringing back a small sword and/or a pair of sais in Japan. The trip's going to be pretty busy, but we'll be staying in Kyoto and Tokyo during the trip. Not after anything extravagant, but don't want a piece of rubbish either, so I'm not sure if it's practical or worthwhile since I don't want to buy one for the sake of buying something Wink

Have so far looked at Japan Sword at Toranomon and have read about a spot near the Harajuku crossing dubiously called the Oriental Bazaar as options.

Price range would be around the AU$220 mark (so around 18,000 yen) preferably for a blunty sword that has been made in Japan (iaido sword if the interwebs have taught me anything useful). Happy for a short sword instead of a long katana - easier to plonk a wakizashi into a suitcase and weighs less Smile

Otherwise any tips on tracking down budo stores to buy some sais would be cool too - keen to start training in kobudo in the near future a bit more than what I've currently done (mainly bo techniques so far).
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good luck, unfortunately it is very hard to get anything resembling a weapon into Australia. They'd get confiscated off of you at some point.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4372.asp#ImportingWeapons

Seems you need some sort of permit or permission to bring them in.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sometimes it's worth reading the whole webpage.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4372.asp#CommonWeaponsList

Quote:

Items that are NOT subject to control:

standard kitchen knives; single edge swords; traditional samurai and katana swords; bayonets designed to be fitted to a firearm; two handed opening knives; rubber training knives; multi tools; stanly knives; khukri; kukri; bowie knives; machete; spears; spear heads; bolo; dao; iaito; jian; kopis;

[and the next section, which explicitly calls out iaido swords as OK... reading through the list it looks like they've got a vision of the sort of sword that's OK, and it looks an awful lot like a katana.]

Mind, there's still local police regulations to deal with, which in victoria at least are pretty strict, at least on paper.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun's on the ball - iaido swords and sais are fine to be brought in as long as they're on your checked in luggage. I've also confirmed this by contacting Customs and SA Police on the issue and have been given the go-ahead.

If the sword was sharp though, I don't think it would even be allowed in checked-in luggage from my understanding.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it's worth for other peoples travelling to Nippon, I've been told by someone I've trained with that Suidobashi is the place to go for picking up budo stuff. Will check it out when I'm over there and see what I can find, but a quick Street View has shown up a couple of places that may/may not still be there Smile
TidalWave_Jeannette
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there places in Japan where one can have a kimono custom made and fitted?
Awex
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TidalWave_Jeannette wrote:
Are there places in Japan where one can have a kimono custom made and fitted?

I am almost certain that such a place exists in Japan
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What can one expect of the weather and other stuff around Tokyo across the New Year's period? I'm looking at being there December 30 to January 10.
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
What can one expect of the weather and other stuff around Tokyo across the New Year's period? I'm looking at being there December 30 to January 10.

Cold.
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
(Basil Hall Chamberlain, 1904)
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I recall correctly we have at least one ex-NOVA employee around...

Japan Times wrote:
Ex-Nova language school founder Sahashi's two-year prison term finalized
Kyodo

The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by the founder and former president of the language school chain Nova Corp. against his conviction for embezzling 320 million from employee benefit funds, effectively finalizing his two-year prison term.

Nozomu Sahashi, 61, was convicted of transferring the sum accumulated at an entity in charge of the funds to a bank account of a Nova subsidiary in July 2007 in order to reimburse students who had signed contracts that they subsequently canceled.

The ruling by the top court's Third Petty Bench was made Monday.

In August 2009, the Osaka District Court sentenced Sahashi to 3 years in prison for embezzlement, rejecting his claim that he had no intention to gain unlawful profits.

The Osaka High Court reduced the prison term in December 2010 to two years, recognizing that the embezzlement was aimed at keeping the company operating amid a management crisis and that Sahashi had not gained personally.

Sahashi launched the English conversation classes in 1981 and set up Nova in 1990. His venture grew into what was once Japan's largest chain of English language schools, with around 480,000 people taking language lessons at its peak.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leaving on Christmas Day (Adelaide - Singapore - Tokyo Haneda) and departing 10 January (Tokyo Narita - Singapore - Adelaide) via JAL (code sharing with Qantas for the Adelaide to Singapore and Singapore to Adelaide sections).

Looking forward to seeing Angela in concert 30 December, Anison big 3 (Ichirou Mizuki / Mitsuko Horie / Hironobu Kageyama) on 5 January, FictionJunction Club member-only night on 6 January, and Chiaki Ishikawa's play on 9 January.
krysinello
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So surprise trip planned yesterday, anyone know about anything good happening in Tokyo between 14th Jan and 24th Jan?
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
krysinello wrote:
So surprise trip planned yesterday, anyone know about anything good happening in Tokyo between 14th Jan and 24th Jan?

Nana Mizuki (number 1 anime voice actress and singer)

19Jan.(Sat.) Saitama Super Arena
20Jan.(Sun.) Saitama Super Arena

Don't know what tickets are going for on Yahoo Auctions though.
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone's thinking about coming to Japan, it's not a bad idea these days with the yen getting weaker and weaker ... which isn't so good for me!
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
If anyone's thinking about coming to Japan, it's not a bad idea these days with the yen getting weaker and weaker ... which isn't so good for me!

I am bidding for a ticket to Yuki Kajiura Live vol. #10 which is in May but might have to make it a very brief visit.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no online reservation system for JR Central Shinkansens like the one JR East has, is there? Just making sure.

I'm planning on getting tickets to go to Osaka at the JR Travel Centre at Narita on the Sunday afternoon when I fly in, to travel to Osaka Monday morning (first train if possible). This will be in the very first week of March. I'm assuming that I should be able to get a seat pretty easily, but if anyone knows different, please tell me. I'm also going to reserve a shinkansen ticket to return back to Tokyo on the following Saturday. I'm assuming I should have no trouble getting a ticket.
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
There is no online reservation system for JR Central Shinkansens like the one JR East has, is there? Just making sure.

I'm planning on getting tickets to go to Osaka at the JR Travel Centre at Narita on the Sunday afternoon when I fly in, to travel to Osaka Monday morning (first train if possible). This will be in the very first week of March. I'm assuming that I should be able to get a seat pretty easily, but if anyone knows different, please tell me. I'm also going to reserve a shinkansen ticket to return back to Tokyo on the following Saturday. I'm assuming I should have no trouble getting a ticket.

Unless you're planning on travelling in really peak times for domestic travel in Japan (which I would not suggest as a rule of thumb), I wouldn't bother booking your shinkansen ticket ahead of time. Trains come frequently enough that you can just wait out the 20 minutes or so if the one you want to get on is fully booked. Whereas if you book a seat, and something comes up and you miss the train, you may well be up the creek without a paddle (although I'm almost certain you can use reserved tickets to sit in unreserved seats at any time if you miss your train ... but could be wrong). Either way, pick up the ticket just before you catch the train would be no more or less hassle than booking online, but it gives you the opportunity to be flexible.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trying for next trip... just to attend Yuki Kajiura Live vol. #10 at Tokyo International Forum on Sat 11 May 2013.

I'll be checking for other concerts on that weekend and any other good day trips ... last trip I didn't get further out of Tokyo than Kamakura / Enoshima and Kawaguchiko.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
(although I'm almost certain you can use reserved tickets to sit in unreserved seats at any time if you miss your train ... but could be wrong)

Yup. Although I think there were details, something like the tokkyuuken was valid only for one day but the underlying joushaken was valid for three.

[shinkansen are technically additional-fare tokkyuu services; the tickets are technically -- and often physically -- in two parts, a "joushaken" boarding ticket for "train travel from kyoto to tokyo", say, and a "tokkyuken" express pass for "letting the train from maibara to tokyo be a shinkansen".]
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nargun wrote:
Yup. Although I think there were details, something like the tokkyuuken was valid only for one day but the underlying joushaken was valid for three.
Wow, didn't know that. So if I didn't take the tran that day, I could still use it the second or third day after as long as I paid the Limited Express Fee (Tokkyuken) for that day? I'm assuming I'd have to go to a Midori-no-madoguchi to have the ticket reissued? That's really good to know. Thanks for that.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
[..]

Wow, didn't know that. So if I didn't take the tran that day, I could still use it the second or third day after as long as I paid the Limited Express Fee (Tokkyuken) for that day?

Oversimplified discussion at Kitaooji station JNTB:
"I want to go from kyoto to hikone, and then two days later I want to go from hikone to tokyo."
"Oh! That's easy, you can do that on one joushaken, they last for three days. Just get it stamped at Hikone station; if you put it through the ticket barriers it'll get eaten. The tokkyuuken will be maibara-tokyo, obviously: I'll book you in, but if you miss your booked seat you'll just have to take a jiyuuseki in a later train."

Come to think of it I don't specifically know-for-sure that tokkyuuken only last for one day. Speak to your local midori-no-madoguchi. 'Course, this isn't as nifty as you might think when you remember that the tokkyuuken is nearly half the fare.

[and then I lost my tokkyuuken at nagahama -- or was it nagahara? -- and had to get a new one issued at maibara station. Maibara station is not charming.]
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Concert ticket, plane tickets and accommodation confirmed for Yuki Kajiura Live volume #10:

http://spacecraft.co.jp/kaji_fes_2013/
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I may have to prolong my next visit an extra day:

Google translate wrote:

"Ghost in the machine galaxy Corps Majestic Prince" theme song CD Kunming Natsumi & Ishikawa Chiaki Shinjuku Tower Records in-store Event! May 13 (Mon) 19:00 ~ http://mjp-anime.jp/
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
At this stage I'm leaving next Wednesday 8 May and returning Tuesday 14 May, as I wasn't able to confirm getting a pass to the Natsumi Kon / Chiaki Ishikawa Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince in-store appearance at Tower Records Shinjuku at 7pm on 13 May. I'll drop by Tower Records Shinjuku on 9 May just to check if any passes for the in-store appearance are still available.

Yuki Kajiura Live vol. #10 should be amazing.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I should have bought a 3 day JR Kanto area pass with all the travelling I've done over the last 2 days... lesson now learned.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
At this stage I'm leaving next Wednesday 8 May and returning Tuesday 14 May, as I wasn't able to confirm getting a pass to the Natsumi Kon / Chiaki Ishikawa Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince in-store appearance at Tower Records Shinjuku at 7pm on 13 May. I'll drop by Tower Records Shinjuku on 9 May just to check if any passes for the in-store appearance are still available.

Yuki Kajiura Live vol. #10 should be amazing.

Yuki Kajiura Live vol. #10 was a 5 hour, 53 song epic marred only by the absence of Chiaki Ishikawa, whom I was able to see tonight at a meet-and-greet for those who purchased the OP or ED singles for Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince from Tower Records Shinjuku.
TidalWave_Jeannette
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Best style of kimono to show off one's legs? Reply with quote
What would be the best style of kimono to wear to show off one's sexy legs? Plus, can it be worn with tabi socks or jikatabi?
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Almost could be good news, bad news:

secured a ticket to day 3 of Animelo Summer Live in a fairly good spot;

it cost me over $300 Shocked
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Almost could be good news, bad news:

secured a ticket to day 3 of Animelo Summer Live in a fairly good spot;

it cost me over $300 Shocked

So I have Animelo Summer Live 2013 August 23/24/25 at Saitama Super Arena
( August 23
Earthmind
The Idolmaster (Cinderella Girls)
ALI PROJECT
Akira Kushida
ZAQ
Konomi Suzuki
Minori Chihara
ChouCho
nano.RIPE
Maiko Fujita
FLOW
Sachika Misawa
µ's
Milky Holmes
May'n
Momoiro Clover Z
Ray

August 24

Aiu ♥-ra bu
The Idolmaster (Million Live)
Eir Aoi
Afilia Saga East
Angela
Sumire Uesaka
OLDCODEX
Minami Kuribayashi
GRANRODEO
Gero
Psychic Lover
Zwei
T-Pistonz+KMC
Megumi Nakajima
Nanamori Chu☆Goraku Bu
Luna Haruna
FripSide
LiSA

August 25

i☆Ris
Kanako Ito
Ushiro Kara Hai Yori Tai G
Yui Ogura
Eri Kitamura
Maon Kurosaki
Mikako Komatsu
Kenichi Suzumura
ST☆RISH
Sphere
Ayana Taketatsu
Yukari Tamura
Hiroaki "TOMMY" Tominaga
Yuuka Nanri
Iori Nomizu
Yoko Hikasa
Petit Milady
Nana Mizuki
Mamoru Miyano
YuiKaori );

Kalafina, Miu Sakamoto (daughter of Ryuichi Sakamoto), Fukui Mai, Yamazaki Aoi at Otodama Beach, Zushi on 26 August;

Chiaki Ishikawa at Shibuya O-East on 29 August; and

Kaori Oda at Roppongi Morph-Tokyo on 1 September.

In between I'm hoping for some sight-seeing.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have also asked the travel agent to bid for a live show featuring Ayane and Yuuki Airi (aka Asuka) on 30th August.

Missed putting in a bid for the 5pb records live show as I didn't read the timeframe for putting in ticket bids the first time that I saw it /-:.
TidalWave_Jeannette
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Magazine Reply with quote
Is it possible to buy a Corocoro magazine in Japan or Australia? Also, how would one find old or back issues of it?
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Magazine Reply with quote
Is it possible to buy a Corocoro magazine in Japan or Australia?

Your internet has a feature called a "google" that will assist you in the venture of finding providers of goods and services.

[Your twenty dollars can be exchanged for many comics.]

I know that there are japanese magazine resellers in melbourne and I presume other capital cities. Or there's amazon.co.jp, I guess.

Also, how would one find old or back issues of it?

http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/search_result/?q=%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AD&qf=1&qt=magazine

Gekkan corocoro proper looks like it goes OOP pretty quickly. I think you're out of luck.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Magazine Reply with quote
Is it possible to buy a Corocoro magazine in Japan or Australia? Also, how would one find old or back issues of it?

I believe Kinokinuya in Sydney sells Japanese magazines, you could ask them to hold a copy for you.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Have also asked the travel agent to bid for a live show featuring Ayane and Yuuki Airi (aka Asuka) on 30th August.

Was successful, so that makes:

23 August - Animelo Summer Live 2013 day 1 - Saitama Super Arena
24 August - Animelo Summer Live 2013 day 2 - Saitama Super Arena
25 August - Animelo Summer Live 2013 day 3 - Saitama Super Arena
26 August - Kalafina, Miu Sakamoto, Mai Fukui - Otodama Sea Studio, Zushi
29 August - Chiaki Ishikawa - Shibuya O-East
30 August - Ayane, Yuuka Aira, Yumi Hara - Twinbox Akihabara
01 September - Kaori Oda - Morph Tokyo
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523, have you ever been in Jimbocho? There's a shop called Aratama which has nothing but idol stuff from the 1970's to present day on the second floor. Note the page I linked to is safe for work, but their actual website isn't, as they sell idol photo books on the first floor including junior idol stuff. If you don't mind circumnavigating past that creepy stuff, the second floor is a real treasure-trove.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
u523, have you ever been in Jimbocho? There's a shop called Aratama which has nothing but idol stuff from the 1970's to present day on the second floor.

Thanks for the link!
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Thanks for the link!
There's also Trio in Nakano Broadway (two shops I think) and their third (and fourth?) shop in the Akiba Culture Zone. But I thought you might already be aware of those shops. Akiba Culture Zone looked really dead when I visited. I think the Kaiyodo display/cafe had moved out of the basement at that point. I find Nakano Broadway more fun than Akihabara anyway. Actually I thought Nipponbashi in Osaka was more interesting than Akihabara. Like Nakano it felt "lived in", while Akihabara felt sterile. But I found it odd that the Osaka Mandarake shops are so far away from Nipponbashi.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greoboruri wrote:
[..]

There's also Trio in Nakano Broadway (two shops I think) and their third (and fourth?) shop in the Akiba Culture Zone. But I thought you might already be aware of those shops.

I had a friend take me around Nakano Broadway on Saturday.

For what I was after, the Mandarake and Recomints stores that covered music of anime helped empty my wallet.

Animelo Summer Live 2013 was amazing, set lists are up at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animelo#2013
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally back in Tokyo after visiting Zushi for Kalafina, and Takasaki (took the trains to Ueda / Bessho Onsen stations - Summer Wars country, then walked Karuisawa to Yokokawa - Initial D country, also took the train to Mato).

Saw Chiaki Ishikawa live at Shibuya O-East last night, managed to get lost between Shibuya station and Shibuya O-East in both directions but found my way after getting some helpful directions from locals.

36 C forecast today so might try to get to Tower Records Shinkjuku and Nakano Broadway again.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've posted a few new photos in the fanzone:

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/fanzone/gallery.do?method=viewGallery&userId=37517

Saw Aira Yuuki (known as Asuka when she sang Yuki Kajiura's Everlasting Song), Ayane and Yumi Hara at Twin Box Akihabara last night. Packed venue but very good atmosphere.

Too hot to do much today.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished off my trip with Kaori Oda's live show at Morph-Tokyo Roppongi on Sunday 1 September and the Miraikan on Monday 2 September, catching the Thunderbirds exhibition.

Next looking at 5pb Live:

http://5pb.jp/live5pb/

and day 2 of Animax Musix:

http://musix.animax.co.jp/artist/#day24
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Finished off my trip with Kaori Oda's live show at Morph-Tokyo Roppongi on Sunday 1 September and the Miraikan on Monday 2 September, catching the Thunderbirds exhibition.

Next looking at 5pb Live:

http://5pb.jp/live5pb/

and day 2 of Animax Musix:

http://musix.animax.co.jp/artist/#day24

Heading off for these leaving Friday 22nd November 2013.

After that, looking at FictionJunction in Fukuoka on 05 April 2014 and Chiaki Ishikawa in Osaka on 06 April 2014.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looking at catching The Tale of Princess Kaguya / かぐや姫の物語 / Kaguya-hime no Monogatari next Saturday or even Sunday at an early session, most likely in the Yurakucho area.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fffff.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Managed to catch The Tale of Princess Kaguya (2013) / Kaguyahime no monogatari / かぐや姫の物語 http://kaguyahime-monogatari.jp/ at the Picadilly cinema Shinjuku.

It helped having arranged with my travel agent to have a copy of Friday's English language Japan Times with its movie guide, so I was able to quickly decide on heading to the Picadilly cinema Shinjuku, and took advantage of the Odakyu tourist information counter which I found by taking the center west exit then following the signs.

Also had good help from the Keikyu desk near the top of the escalators from Haneda International Terminal station to the Haneda International Terminal itself.

41 hours travelling to and from Tokyo in total, and 41 hours there, seeing a slightly longer than 2 hour movie, one slightly longer than 5 hour concert, one slightly longer than 6 hour concert and a trip to Nakano Broadway.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wishing that I was back over in Japan again now.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Booked for Minori Chihara's birthday live at Budokan (18 November 2014) and Animax Musix at Yokohama Arena (22 November 2014).

If I could have been in Japan this weekend there was:

Kalafina at Otodama Sea Studio, Kamakura Fri 1 Sep;
Minori Chihara at Kawaguchiko Stellar Theater, Sat 2 and Sun 3 Sep;
and either ELISA in Tokyo Sun 3 Sep or Nana Mizuki at Yokohama on Sun 3 Sep.
FireAza
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Y'all should come to Hasuda! Look at our mascot! He's freakin' adorable!

lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FireAza wrote:
Y'all should come to Hasuda! Look at our mascot! He's freakin' adorable!

FireAza, how long have you been in Japan? ... Also, where the hell is Hasuda?
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
[..]

FireAza, how long have you been in Japan? ... Also, where the hell is Hasuda?

About 7-8 km north of Omiya and about 12 km south of Washinomiya (outer northern suburbs of greater Tokyo, in Saitama prefecture).

Page 22 of 24

Jump to: