Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What would you choose?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
What would you choose?
Author
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought that Final Fantasy VII was infamous for being the Most Returned Game of All Time. Twisted Evil

Anyhow, I'll just recommend some GCN Games I like...

- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Metroid Prime (Both)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- F-Zero GX
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
- Mario Kart Double Dash!!
- Wario World

These are all Exclusives, by the way. Wink
Hoban Wash
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Alot of people suggest the GC but I thihnk I'm still leaning towards a PS2... Because of games that I'd play the whole way through, like .hack// and start ocean and the FF games.
A few are saying "buy both, the GC is only a cost of a new PS2 game anyway." But if I do that I will be stuck with 2 consoles and NO GAMES for like a month!!
Ok now I see the reasons for the consoles being better and stuff but I'd like people to list their top 5 games of their choice of console.

Because i want you to get both and i enjoy making life harder for people, i'll list my favourites for each system

My favourite GCN games

Pikmin 2
Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
Resident Evil 4
Super Smash Bros Melee
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness

My favourite PS2 games

Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Zone of the Enders 2
Ico
Final Fantasy X
Katamari Damacy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spite wrote:
I'd stick with the Gamecube though, because Nintendo rarelly ever make bad games

I want to agree with this, but all but two of the first/second party GC games are average, at best. Let's look at the two best-known examples:

- Super Mario Sunshine - Mediocre rehash of SM64. Addition of stupid gimmicks didn't help the uninspired level design. What's more frustrating is that the best parts of the game are the pure 3D platforming levels. Why didn't they just make a game out of that?

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Everyone got in a twist over the graphics, but no one seemed to notice the flat, uninspired game that they presented. It was like someone took The Ocarina of Time and sucked all the soul out of it, leaving only a pretty, but completely empty husk. I hate this game because it represents all of what is wrong with video games today. That it came with Ocarina of Time only serves to reinforce the disappointment.

Pikmin was interesting but ultimately pointless, F-Zero GX completely misses the point and Mario Kart Double Dash is an insult to anyone who ever liked Mario Kart 64.

It's lucky that the cube had third-party developers willing to take it places Nintendo weren't.

10 good Gamecube games you should own:
1. Skies of Arcadia: Legends - The best current-generation RPG.
2. Resident Evil 4 - Finally delivers on Mikami's promise all those years ago.
3. Ikaruga - The best current generation game.
4. Tales of Symphonia - Just a really good crack at traditional RPGs
5. Lost Kingdoms II - Another solid RPG, with cards.
6. Super Smash Bros. Melee - Purely for the multiplayer.
7. P.N.03 - The most underrated game ever. Absolutely brilliant.
8. Soul Calibur 2 - The GC got the best version, and it is a cracking fighter, despite not living up to the original.
9. Super Monkey Ball - Because it is crazy.
10. Metroid Prime - To show just how good a first/second party game could be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hoban Wash
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Pikmin was interesting but ultimately pointless

What the hell is pointless about an extraordinay unique game, thats a ton of fun and spawned a sequel which betters the original in almost every way.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pikmin actually isn't that unique at all. It's mostly an RTS with a more console-friendly control system.

I agree that the second game is better, but I haven't played it enough to really make a comment on it.
Hoban Wash
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Pikmin actually isn't that unique at all. It's mostly an RTS with a more console-friendly control system.

Yeah OK but if that is how we are supposed to view things than basically every game released that fits into a genre is ultimatley un-original.

Quote:
I agree that the second game is better, but I haven't played it enough to really make a comment on it.

I suggest you try it out, it has heap of replay of value and if you get the chance to play it the multiplayer is a helluva lot of fun.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
1. Skies of Arcadia: Legends - The best current-generation RPG.
3. Ikaruga - The best current generation game.

Bit of a stretch to call either of those games current generation, given that they were both originally released on the Dreamcast, which has been officially dead for years.

That said, they are both very good games that you should play.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
More importantly, I think it goes to show just how weak the current generation's games are, if games ported from the Dreamcast are still better than them.

Incidentally, Panzer Dragoon Orta is still the best looking XBox game.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok i couldnt be stuffed really reading any posts after the first one lol but here is what i have to say

While PS2 may have a wide range of games, GC games first party ones are pretty good as well, while i have a PS2, i still plan to get a GC and at $100 for a GC its a bargain, basically same price as a brand spankin new game for PS2 lol, with GC you have the likes of mario and co for their games, zelda and other RPG titles, PS2 its got GT4 ^_^ good racing game, plus other cool titles as well,

it comes down to which games you like the most
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
since i've only got the gc i'll give ya 5 games for it

1. Tales of symphonia - just a great rpg, with a good story (which changes alot), anime cut scenes and a nice long estimated playtime

2. Super Smash Bors. Melee - just pure fun, and one of the best party games ever

3. Metrod Prime - with so few good fps's on the gc this one makes up for it

4. Sonic Adventure DX - one of the best games ever, and of course orriginated on the dreamcast (best console ever) just a great platformer.

5. Harvest Moon - a good game, graphics toatlly suck but gameplay makes up for it, it's a game that you either love it or would burn it if u could.

and with the upcomming zelda game, which will be more like "ocarina of time" their a quite a few good games.

Winner of the Madvivor Challenge: Round 1
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ALso get the Mario Party games for GC, thats always good multiplayer fun ^_^
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:

Raven Xavier wrote:
and sony have are the upcoming brand over nintendo.

Question

while it may be happening very slowly nintendo is slowly dropping in supporters while sony is rising. like politics really
ni_jal
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ps2
winged_seraphim
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
benkenobi wrote:
I just think GC is a better machine and has better, more fun games!

You've got to be kidding me. Sony promote their games, whilst Nintendo seems content to languish at the bottom of the consoles. I'd go a PS2 because it has the best selection of games, looks sexy, plays DVD, and has funky add ons such as Eyetoy, and Singstar.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
winged_seraphim wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. Sony promote their games, whilst Nintendo seems content to languish at the bottom of the consoles.

How are they promoting their games really?. there's no major posters, big budget ads nowadays (gt4 i think got one though), they've basically given up advertising like most of the companies. the only ads left here in australia are magazine ads for games, and internet ads, and a fair few of the games advertised appear on both platforms, so it's not promoting sony at all.

winged_seraphim wrote:

I'd go a PS2 because it has the best large selection of games, looks sexy, plays DVD, and has funky add ons such as Eyetoy, and Singstar.

large selection of games, true, but only a handful are worth even mentioning.
looks sexy... compared to the gamecube Shocked What pills are you taking
plays dvd's, well that it has going for it, but a majority of your burned dvd's wont work, and the fact it's an old sub par dvd player to boot that can easily be beaten by a $60 player isn't really a factor for it.
Funky add on's, they're good for amusement but thats all they are. But nintendo to has quirky devices. donkey kongs bongo drums for one. and they're not just add ons for the two bongo games, their actually a controller for another side scrolling donkey kong game.

Anime News Network Australia
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
winged_seraphim wrote:
I'd go a PS2 because it has the best selection of games, looks sexy, plays DVD, and has funky add ons such as Eyetoy, and Singstar.

Who buys a game console because it plays DVD's? I buy a console to play games. I buy a DVD player to play DVD's. As Madmangohan said, the PS2 DVD player is a pretty weak player and there has been alot of issues with the DVD component playing up and not reading any discs at all. I know of a few people who can't play DVD movies on their PS2, and by movies I mean original discs too not copied ones.

As for the so-called 'funky' add-ons, the Eyetoy is a waste of money. What games have been made specifically for it since it was released? And the Singstar, was that designed for karoke lovers, little girls who like to sing crap songs, or drunken people on a Saturday night thinking that they can sing.

Nintendo do have alot of add-ons for the Gamecube, like the Kongo-drums (and as madmangohan said they can be used as a controller in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat), the Gameboy Player, the Gameboy Advance link-up, and the soon to be released microphone for Mario Party 6 used to bark orders at the game itself.

These add-ons might not appeal to you at all, but at least they can be used for more than one game each.
Deus Sceleris
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even though i hate both controllers and the PS2 has more games i wanna play then the GC, i'd go with GC. For the record, Eye-Toy isn't the worst thing to have happened to the PS2, if you do it long enough it's quite a workout trying to swat those stupid monkey-ninjas or whatever... Anyway, most PS2 owners i know have short-attention spans, whereas the GC is great for multiplayer and deserves to have all Anime games.
But i own an Xbox, which i prefer for online-play and Morrowind/shooters cos at the time i didn't have enough cash for a new PC, nor do my parents see any reason to 'fix whats not broken'... *deposits 2 cents*
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deus Sceleris wrote:
For the record, Eye-Toy isn't the worst thing to have happened to the PS2

that goes to the PS2 HDD. They use it for...one game.

Nintendo have one thing Sony doesn't have, thats originality. for ever 20 games sony brings out, maybe one is worth playing properly and 80% of them just mimic an older game. at least with most nintendo games, they've got some originality. they may not have many games, but the games they make are original and although a little childish, can be alot of fun)

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Majin Cell wrote:
As for the so-called 'funky' add-ons, the Eyetoy is a waste of money. What games have been made specifically for it since it was released? And the Singstar, was that designed for karoke lovers, little girls who like to sing crap songs, or drunken people on a Saturday night thinking that they can sing.

Nintendo do have alot of add-ons for the Gamecube, like the Kongo-drums (and as madmangohan said they can be used as a controller in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat), the Gameboy Player, the Gameboy Advance link-up, and the soon to be released microphone for Mario Party 6 used to bark orders at the game itself.

LOL. Nice hypocrisy right there. "eyetoy can only be used in one game!" and then bring up the bongo drums. So it goes from being "waste of money" to being the Best Thing Ever because a 2nd game uses it? Guess what- DDR Festival uses the Eyetoy too!

Just because you're not the target market for the Eyetoy and the Mic doesn't mean it's crap. It's proof of the strength of the PS2, that it appeals to EVERY demographic, instead of "5 yr olds whose parents don't know better" and "20-something yr old fanboi reliving childhood memories and acting like an elitist arse".

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that the Donkey Kong bongo game is a complete ripoff of Taiko no Tatsujin, which is still about 50 times better. *hugs drum + 5 games*
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
winged_seraphim wrote:
I'd go a PS2 because it has the best selection of games...

PS2 probably has a few more games worth owning - but for every good game, there's 50 turds. Razz
Azure Ray
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
More importantly, I think it goes to show just how weak the current generation's games are, if games ported from the Dreamcast are still better than them.

Speaking of which, I just got Crazy Taxi for the GC.

Why don't you just get a second-hand Dreamcast system with heaps of games?

By the way SN, what is your favourite console of all time? If you don't mind.
Spite
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azure Ray wrote:
Also, I now have all the Resident Evil games on one console. Very Happy

Except that crappy Gun Survivor game, but I'm sure you can live without it. Smile

StorminNorman wrote:
- Super Mario Sunshine - Mediocre rehash of SM64. Addition of stupid gimmicks didn't help the uninspired level design. What's more frustrating is that the best parts of the game are the pure 3D platforming levels. Why didn't they just make a game out of that?

Yeah I agree, those waterpack-less levels were the most fun and (often times) challenging. Final boss in Mario Sunshine was so piss easy I was waiting for the real boss to emerge.

Balsnac wrote:
4. Sonic Adventure DX - one of the best games ever, and of course orriginated on the dreamcast (best console ever) just a great platformer.

Not to mention it has all the Gamegear Sonic games on it. As someone who never played half of them, and a Sonic fan, it made it worthwhile getting again. But I'm such a Sonic freak I own Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on both dreamcast and Gamecube. Only one copy of Sonic Heroes though, cause it makes me cry every time I fall down a bottomless pit. Crying or Very sad

Azure Ray wrote:
Speaking of which, I just got Crazy Taxi for the GC.

Funny, I managed to score the original on the Dreamcast just the other day, along with ten games and a mod-chipped DC for free. I've only played Crazy Taxi 2, and having to listen to 3 Offspring tracks over and over was not exactly good exposure for them. Made me hate Offspring so badly.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azure Ray wrote:

By the way SN, what is your favourite console of all time? If you don't mind.

The NES.
benkenobi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
winged_seraphim wrote:
benkenobi wrote:
I just think GC is a better machine and has better, more fun games!

You've got to be kidding me. Sony promote their games, whilst Nintendo seems content to languish at the bottom of the consoles. I'd go a PS2 because it has the best selection of games, looks sexy, plays DVD, and has funky add ons such as Eyetoy, and Singstar.

What you just said makes no sense. GC is a better speced machine.Fact.
Personally i think GC has more fun games. Yes the ps2 has 'MORE' of a selection of games but when i go to choose one to buy there are none that really "blow up my skirt". The ps2 looks sexy!? It's a black rectangle, and a console. I personally have a thing for women but hey each to their own! Rolling Eyes
Evo
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been thinking about going for a console as well. The Game Cube is cheap and has 'games', games that are original and fun to play. PS2 is ok but i'm left pretty uninspired by the recent releases.
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's only in the past year games for the ps2 are worth even looking at (with a few exceptions). it's only now they've figured how to get the most out of it. shame though it's come a little to late in it's cycle. shame the playstation2 relied heavily on it's past licenses with the playstation, forcing it to mainly come with sequels, and look alike games.

FanTasy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have all 3 with probably 8 - 10 games for each.

You are welcome to buy one since I'm trying to save up for a motorbike........ Laughing

hmmm possibly shouldn't have bought a DS then hey LOL

GC
1. Harvest moon!! (cost me $110 tho)

(its too hard to list five I'll admit I don't think ive played it in a while.... Its hard when you have all three!!! I can't remember what Ive bought for which one)

PS2
1. Sorry but I gotta go the eyetoy.. nothing looks better than someone else looking like an idiot. especially when its my brother.

I will haveto look at home and edit the post when I can remember which one I have on what console. I'll admit it I'm a retard Very Happy
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
bla. shame the playstation2 relied heavily on it's past licenses with the playstation, forcing it to mainly come with sequels, and look alike games.

*nods* we have a ps2, and the only good games are all sequals. I was looking forward to new and different Sad But then again, I think basically everything has been done. What happens in a few years? What new types of games are really left.
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FanTasy wrote:
I have all 3 with probably 8 - 10 games for each.

You are welcome to buy one since I'm trying to save up for a motorbike........ Laughing

hmmm possibly shouldn't have bought a DS then hey LOL

GC
1. Harvest moon!! (cost me $110 tho)

(its too hard to list five I'll admit I don't think ive played it in a while.... Its hard when you have all three!!! I can't remember what Ive bought for which one)

PS2
1. Sorry but I gotta go the eyetoy.. nothing looks better than someone else looking like an idiot. especially when its my brother.

I will haveto look at home and edit the post when I can remember which one I have on what console. I'll admit it I'm a retard Very Happy

**** man, u paid $110 for HM i got mine for $80 at eb 1 week after it was released

FanTasy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah I know

I think I bought it a while after it came out tho, Coz I rang around and I couldn't get it anywhere.... I hadto resort to ebay. I only really got interested in it after I played harvest moon on my GBA.

Confused

oh well.... such is life!
$110 isn't bad when you consider how much I've spent on all of it Laughing hehe its not even 1/10th Smile
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And what point did F-Zero GX actually miss, Norman? I'm really curious.

winged_seraphim wrote:
Sony promote their games, whilst Nintendo seems content to languish at the bottom of the consoles.

So wait...you're judging the quality of something based solely on its popularity?
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:

The whole "making a game not suck" point. It's just... rubbish, especially compared to its older siblings. I suppose if it was the first fzero I wouldn't have minded, but... oh well.
winged_seraphim
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:

winged_seraphim wrote:
Sony promote their games, whilst Nintendo seems content to languish at the bottom of the consoles.

So wait...you're judging the quality of something based solely on its popularity?

No, I'm judging it on the fact that Sony seemed to have complete faith in the singstar games, the eyetoy, and most of it's major games. I honestly haven't seen that for Nintendo. And yes, I full expect the 7 or so Nintendo fan-boys to leap on my comment and try and tear it up (yes I'm a Sony fanboy, get over it)
Arbron
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's because Nintendo have this funny habit of not wanting to waste money.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:
That's because Nintendo have this funny habit of not wanting to waste money.

Well that's obvious enough. They just slapped a celshaded graphics engine onto Ocarina of Time and added a couple of new guns to Metroid Prime, amongst others... Razz
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gai Daigouji wrote:

The point of F-Zero games.

<s>Sony fanboy</s>winged_seraphim wrote:
No, I'm judging it on the fact that Sony seemed to have complete faith in the singstar games, the eyetoy, and most of it's major games.

Sony did not have faith in Eyetoy, initially. They released it in a single, small market (the UK) to test out whether or not it would work. Only after it was successful there did they bring it out elsewhere.

They were a bit more confident with Singstar, although I don't know if it's been released in Japan, yet.

Incidentally, the last place Eyetoy was released was Japan. I don't have figures on how well it did (though, given the Japanese companies supporting it, it must have done alright) but it doesn't seem to have been a raging success over there.
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FanTasy wrote:
yeah I know

I think I bought it a while after it came out tho, Coz I rang around and I couldn't get it anywhere.... I hadto resort to ebay. I only really got interested in it after I played harvest moon on my GBA.

Confused

oh well.... such is life!
$110 isn't bad when you consider how much I've spent on all of it Laughing hehe its not even 1/10th Smile

yeah, but 2 bad u didn't wait around, they have the girl version, where u play as a lady Smile version comming out (may be out i'm not sure), which has most of the bugs fixed, and u probably could have gotten it cheaper.

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
They were a bit more confident with Singstar, although I don't know if it's been released in Japan, yet.

From what I understand Karaoke Revolution (by Konami) isn't very successful in Japan, despite the huge backing it has (a dozen+ games, with specific genres like jpop etc). Which is kinda weird given that going to karaoke for Japanese is the same as going to the footy/cricket for aussies- practically a requirement for citizenship. I don't think I'll ever get over seeing 6 story karaoke buildings...
FanTasy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
heres my Irk!!!

*a little off topic but in regard to the previous post*

games where you haveto play as a man.

like fable etc

nothing turns be off playing a game quicker than having no choice but to play as a man!!!!!!!! (no offence) especially RPG's.

Thats why I loved fallout 2 and morrowind.

hehe sorry its been bothering me for a while

Laughing theres nothing better than having choice in a game and how it affects how the game will turn out depending on what you do. I get a bit bored with games that have no replayability (did I just make up a word?)

Cheerio!!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FanTasy wrote:
games where you haveto play as a man.

Well it could be defended in some games, due to the cost of all the extra voice acting, script writing etc... but I'll just say that Maya from Septerra Core is the best lead character in a game ever. *nod*
FanTasy
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
how about a happy medium... we'll make 'em hermaphrodites...

then everyone will be happy... and it would make for some interesting storylines

rotflmao

Laughing \Very Happy/ Shocked
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:

LOL. Nice hypocrisy right there. "eyetoy can only be used in one game!" and then bring up the bongo drums. So it goes from being "waste of money" to being the Best Thing Ever because a 2nd game uses it? Guess what- DDR Festival uses the Eyetoy too!

Just because you're not the target market for the Eyetoy and the Mic doesn't mean it's crap. It's proof of the strength of the PS2, that it appeals to EVERY demographic, instead of "5 yr olds whose parents don't know better" and "20-something yr old fanboi reliving childhood memories and acting like an elitist arse".

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that the Donkey Kong bongo game is a complete ripoff of Taiko no Tatsujin, which is still about 50 times better. *hugs drum + 5 games*

Looking back at what I posted it did sound a bit hipocritical didn't it? I didn't mean it to sound like that at all, I was just trying to get a point across that just because the PS2 has a couple of gimicky gadgets it doesn't make it the best. I was also trying to point out that the PS2 isn't the only system that has gimicky add-ons either.

Oh, and the Kongo drums can be used on 3 games now ... *runs off before getting smacked in the head for being smart* Wink
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
every console has gimmicky extras. However that's all they are, gimmicy, used as last resorts to gain more customers.
is it me or do i remember that the Xbox came out with this before Singstar...potential copier?

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
is it me or do i remember that the Xbox came out with this before Singstar...potential copier?

You're correct, the xbox one came out first. BUT, Karaoke Revolution came in in Japan first Razz
madmangohan
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well Japan is the land where karaoke started...but you got my point though

Uniforce
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
GC, but not by much...
personally i dont care about the specs on the hardware, so long as it can run the games that are designed for it.
i personally own a gamecube, (not to mention almost every other Nintendo console since NES) and find the range of games avaliable here to be quite poor... however, the range of quality PS2 games is.... <Profanity deleted>
the cube has smash bros, mario party, Zelda and Samus, now what other console could compete with those Very Happy
but seriously, a GC is good for the "Fun" games (Party, SSBM...) and from what i hear, the import games greatly increase GC's attraction.
top 5 GC i own:
1) Megaman X Command Mission (i just Love MM)
2) Metroid Prime (i count both as one, they are so similar, yet still good)
3) Smash Bros Melee
4) Eternal Darkness (at least the first time through)
5) Robotech Very Happy

the only reason i have considered getting a PS2 is for the Megaman X games (can you tell i'm obsessed yet?)
People always seek those things, and before they know it, become lost.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uniforce wrote:
5) Robotech Very Happy

*cough*the ps2 version is the best because the amount of buttons the controller has*cough* Razz
Uniforce
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:

*cough*the ps2 version is the best because the amount of buttons the controller has*cough* Razz

maybe true, but a lot of people have said... bad things about Robotech, so i thought i'd put it in cos i liked it a lot anyways
People always seek those things, and before they know it, become lost.
Pyro Maniac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm all comes down to taste.

me personally i loved the GC due to the amounts of games i WOULD actually play.

just whichever types of games you like get the console that covers alot of those types.

GC has to be the console for me and the freeloader allows me to get games 3 months earlier if not more and for a price of $80AUD to my door.

and now im trying to get my arse to save up enough to buy a PS2. only reason im gonna buy a PS2 is for Shinobi and the otehr ninja and samurai games out there. and maybe GT's if i have money to spare.

but at the moment im saving my money to get Baten Kaitos and Star Fox Assult when they come out and waiting for the Zelda release.

so really just pick the console you like. GC worked for me and i havent regretted my purchase since. love it.

oh and for all the PS people saying its great cause its a DVD player. IMO it sucks cause it will only play DVD R4 and considering i have half of my anime collection in other regions deems the PS2 pointless. plus every TV in my house has a DVD multi region connected to it so yea.

and eye toy i found pointless. i really didnt like it. it was pretty boring after a while.

also ive heard things about the GC mic. so far its been pretty useless also. dont know y nintendo bother with such things. oh well

Mark - your very own personal catboy Nyo~? *lick*

Vincent Valentine suspeneded indeffinately

Vincent: 7% started claw and got wig
~:Sakura:~
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PS2 All over baby!
Nah, in actual fact, Gamecube is not so much crapness of quality but....dead? dying? no one cares? Kinda thing happening there... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: