Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The official Perth meetup thread ("Perth Peoples")

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
The official Perth meetup thread ("Perth Peoples")
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: The official Perth meetup thread ("Perth Peoples") Reply with quote
Just interested in meeting some Of the perth peoples. Especially if you are in the know.
Adrianw
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Perth Peoples Reply with quote
Leesulong wrote:
Just interested in meeting some Of the perth peoples. Especially if you are in the know.

"Perth peoples" in the know? In the know about what? Anime in general? or what?
Leesulong
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah pretty much anime and in General. You the Best places in town an stuff. I wouldnt mind meeting heaps of perth people and Create a showing night or something that would be Sick.
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
Go to JAFWA. They are a friendly bunch, and do need new members. They show a lot of animé you probably haven't seen, know where all the best Japanese restaraunts are (might I reccomend Taka?), and can tell you where Quality Comics and Empire Toys are if you don't already know.

If your Saturday's are busy, other animé clubs include MAD (Murdoch Uni), and UWAnimé.

Must visit libraries for animé DVDs include DVD Haven (methinx) SoR, and Planet Video Nor (I'm a member there). For animé purchases, JB Hi-Fi is your best bet, although EB is good also. For all your RPG needs visit Tactics in London Court, and for your card needs, visit Al's Card Shop near Cinema City.

That about wraps it up for Perth.... oh and the Gamers Guild is also a good place, but I find it clashes with JAFWA (but that's just me).
CreepC
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is along hay street... empire toys... its good for manga and R1 anime... if u dont mind spending crazy amounts of cash... and quality comics... they have a small amount of anime... and manga.... if u want to get R1 dvd's try pacificdvd and order from them... R4... jb is your best... eb is alright for the newest anime... and there sales ^_^... target have a moderate collection of anime... but hardly ever have full sets

Hope that helps YA !!! Smile
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get all my anime from Jb-hifi in cannington and rent old anime from DVD haven Very Happy

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
secondmouse
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can definately recommend DVD Heaven on Canning Hwy, it's a good place to rent R1 anime (not the cheapest rent in town, but that's to be expected). Planet Video is v/good too, it stocks most of the latest R4s, and their back catalogue isn't too bad.

To buy: I agree, JB's is probably the cheapest and has the best range, but Quality comics (R4) and Empire Toys (R1) are good too. Empire has a good range of Manga, but their R1's are very $$$, but a good option if you don't have a credit card.
I think there's a sticky topic for all this someplace, but i'm too lazy to link it.
glitchhunter
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
I get all my anime from Jb-hifi in cannington and rent old anime from DVD haven Very Happy

I get all of my anime from Jb-hifi in Cannington aswell, cos its only a half an hour or so walk from where I live ^_^
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Perth Peoples Reply with quote
Leesulong wrote:

I'm in Perth Very Happy I've been collecting anime for 5years so i know abit I mainly hang out near morley or at uni though
"Im like your modern day vampire. Except I dont like drinking blood, I dont hate garlic, sunshine doesnt directly kill me, and I dont file a tax return as undead. And a steak to the heart screws me too"
Meguel Sanchez
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CreepC wrote:
if u want to get R1 dvd's try pacificdvd

its actually http://www.dvdpacific.com
JB prolly has the best range for R4 anime in perth . . . the empire while being good and sometimes cheap charge a lot of money for their R1's . . . best bet is to find someone with a credit card and i believe dvdpacific does direct deposit
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys

I am trying to find the Hellsing manga by Darkhorse here in Perth.
I have been to a few store's, but they tell me either they don't import Darkhorse, or they do import Darkhorse but can't get Hellsing Sad

Can you guys help?

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
theres a book store in perth Oxford book store on Oxford street they import books etc. I get mine from them
hope that helps
"Im like your modern day vampire. Except I dont like drinking blood, I dont hate garlic, sunshine doesnt directly kill me, and I dont file a tax return as undead. And a steak to the heart screws me too"
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Foxy wrote:
theres a book store in perth Oxford book store on Oxford street they import books etc. I get mine from them
hope that helps

Thanks Foxy ^_^ I will have to check it out.

black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems to be alot talking here from the sand gropers...

here's my list of anime haunts...

perth:
hay st. mall: electronics boutique, jbhifi & target, a couple of comic stores.
hay st.: quality comics (manga r4&r1), empire toys (R1)
david jones
belmont forum: ezydvd, k-mart & big w

cannington: jbhifi, ezydvd, electronics boutique, target and k-mart...

out of all of the retailers i use, i would have i'd goto EB 1st, jbhifi 2nd, ezydvd 3rd, running in 4th is big w, k-mart & target for the simple fact they don't know how to sell the product they get thus it doen't sell....

for r1's i'd stick with empire toys apart from the online stalls...

as for meeting sure i wouldn't mind it, if your ever on paltalk look up redacidman....

EB also stocks manga, for gaming needs try game traders...
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
but its important to remember that EB isnt always that great or helpful
I will advice perth people to be carefull in preordering anime from EB their computers are acting up again make sure you know the prices of everything - advice past on to me by the EB state manager

plus EB isnt that great for manga it empire and quality comics are okay but i prefer my quiet book store
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
seems to be alot talking here from the sand gropers...

here's my list of anime haunts...

perth:
hay st. mall: electronics boutique, jbhifi & target, a couple of comic stores.
hay st.: quality comics (manga r4&r1), empire toys (R1)
david jones
belmont forum: ezydvd, k-mart & big w

cannington: jbhifi, ezydvd, electronics boutique, target and k-mart...

out of all of the retailers i use, i would have i'd goto EB 1st, jbhifi 2nd, ezydvd 3rd, running in 4th is big w, k-mart & target for the simple fact they don't know how to sell the product they get thus it doen't sell....

for r1's i'd stick with empire toys apart from the online stalls...

as for meeting sure i wouldn't mind it, if your ever on paltalk look up redacidman....

EB also stocks manga, for gaming needs try game traders...

Sorry to rain on you're paraide but you aint telling us anything that we don't already know.

Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg so true so true

but it just annoyed me today when i preorder Vampire hunter D and they said $60
Rolling Eyes
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Foxy wrote:
Smeg so true so true

Rolling Eyes

Did you tell em to stick it were the sun don't shine

black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
pending on stores location and space
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Smeg so true so true

Rolling Eyes

Did you tell em to stick it were the sun don't shine

well you see the manager was so nice he gave me a yu-gi-ho starter deck Embarassed
and said when its released i'll give it to you for 30
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Foxy

So does you're little book store stock the Hellsing manga?

Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
they dont actually sell it the import it for you, I've brought numerous manga and books that arent available here and they are priced reasonably
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^_^

Excellant Foxy..... I will be going to down there asap.... I have been busting to get this Manga for ages, but everywere I go I get dead end's.

Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i hope it helps they are pretty good to me Very Happy if that place doesnt work quality comics is okay and so is empire a mate of mine works there there the next best places
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Foxy wrote:
i hope it helps they are pretty good to me Very Happy if that place doesnt work quality comics is okay and so is empire a mate of mine works there there the next best places

Yeah I went to both those places and they told me they could get Darkhorse but not Hellsing Sad

bny
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Funny how anyone could suggest Empire Toys is good for R1 dvd's - 1. If you have enough cash to pay close to double market price then 2. you probably make enough to order by credit card from USA and pay normal market price and get close to twice as much. Nothing against the store, good luck to them and all that, I just find their anime dvd pricing "hahahaha" funny.
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bny wrote:
Funny how anyone could suggest Empire Toys is good for R1 dvd's - 1. If you have enough cash to pay close to double market price then

That's why I goto DVD Heaven to get my R1's. Well watch em anyway Very Happy

black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
pending on what you're buying bny, for some r1 boxsets they can be cheaper than buying the r4 counterpart....
as for single releases pending on how old it is, you can pick it up cheaper than if you were to buy it from the cartoon gallery in sydney....
that's my experience with purchasing r1 titles empire toys bny...

there are some titles out there that aren't available on r4 release so far so there is no choice in the matter having to buy r1 dvd's..
bny
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
pending on what you're buying bny, for some r1 boxsets they can be cheaper than buying the r4 counterpart....
as for single releases pending on how old it is, you can pick it up cheaper than if you were to buy it from the cartoon gallery in sydney....
that's my experience with purchasing r1 titles empire toys bny...

there are some titles out there that aren't available on r4 release so far so there is no choice in the matter having to buy r1 dvd's..

The comparison was based on my experience, DVD Pacific or Right Stuf specials for R1 boxed sets and single disc titles, order about $300-$400 and get a lot more than you would if you spent $300-$400 at Empire Toys. Just some of their prices which come to mind, single disc @ $52 each (under $30 if importing), box sets like Marmalade Boy or YUA at $140 each, Fushigi Yuugi at $340 each or similar.

If you only ever buy a handful R1 titles then you probably wouldn't care, but if you regularly spend a lot (or intend to) then it's silly to give them your money.

As for R1 and R4 pricing and availability, yeah it's all been said before, some are cheaper some aren't. Nearly all my R1 titles are ones that aren't coming out here or releases with extras which we didn't get here, I'll buy R4 if it is out for simple convenience of getting it up the road, and I find the R4 price good anyway. But that's not the point. It's Empire Toys R1 price vs market price online. Empire Toys have virtually no R4 stock anyway, for those that aren't aware.

I haven't checked Cartoon Gallery in years so can't compare them. But if you are in Perth and buy there then you are using mail order anyway right?
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
been there done that at empire, there are bargins to be had, its just a mtter of looking, quality comics is the same though they do stock r1 titles, though they also stock r4 stuff aswell, besides manga..

Fushigi Yuugi for $340 that's not bad for a boxset the last time i looked at all 3 boxsets cartoon gallery in sydney was still selling them for over $400.00 not sure if thier price came down since i last checked the prices fir that boxset...

of couse you're going to pay a bit more for r1 titles cause thier sale price would be based from what ever the us market price is then converted into into australian currency....
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you need to ask yourself is it worth that much though
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you want the series its worth the price, pending on what view you take...Fushigi Yuugi is still worth around $200 US still, by the time you add shipping, insurences and various other taxes you could probly pay more per boxset when buying it from overseas...
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i know
As i am a poor uni student importing is something i have to seriously think about when wanting an anime or manga, generally i wait it out a pray it will be release here one day- it generally works
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the problem is finding places to look at it, as there is few place far between when buying manga and anime...

i know of places to look though people find it thier own way and at the best price they can get it...

i also have limited funds of which to draw on, so i know how you feel, i buy what i can when i can when my money allows me.
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i really dont have time to read manga although reading uni books and watching anime can be dangerous sometimes - specially when your taking notes Embarassed
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehehehehhee...

i got a friend @ECU, he has had problems like that
study and anime/manga don't mix unless its part of your thesis...
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well its a good thing anime and study mixs for my courses although the uni doesnt help me get anime thats really the only problem
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
to go through my stuff would probly take 6-8 month's 24/7 of watching anime on dvd...

thank christ i own a 5 disc dvd player..
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lucky you i only have a DVD player that holds on disc Crying or Very sad
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
they're cheap save up

though i'm considering buying another 2 or to bite the bullet and buy a 400 disc unit direct from japan, god bless sony.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OH MY GOD really?
i know my dad just got an mp4 player and that is annoying to watch anime on it jumps all over the place
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I only have a ps2 in my room to watch dvd's on. I don't have any problems with it. When the dvd finishes I get up and change it.
What is the point of having a 400 disc changer? You will end up loosing track of what dvd's are in there.

black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not really smeg why do you think paper come in handy
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you trying to say you will write down which dvd is in which slot?

That would be troublesome in it's self.
Still, you will just have to wait and see what I mean...... the paper trick wont last too long

Adrianw
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
...or to bite the bullet and buy a 400 disc unit direct from japan, god bless sony.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Even with 400 discs in the machine, what's the odds that the DVD you want to watch is still on the shelf?
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adrianw wrote:
black_ops wrote:
...or to bite the bullet and buy a 400 disc unit direct from japan, god bless sony.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Even with 400 discs in the machine, what's the odds that the DVD you want to watch is still on the shelf?

Hahahahahaha aint that alway's the case..... My friend has a 5 disc dvd player and everytime I go to watch a dvd he say's is already in there...... it's always on the shelf.

Foxy
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry to get off the topic but does any of you perth people have MSN?
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Foxy wrote:

Laughing You can see that we do under our sig's the button that read's MSN

Hehe

CreepC
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Meguel Sanchez wrote:
CreepC wrote:
if u want to get R1 dvd's try pacificdvd

its actually http://www.dvdpacific.com
JB prolly has the best range for R4 anime in perth . . . the empire while being good and sometimes cheap charge a lot of money for their R1's . . . best bet is to find someone with a credit card and i believe dvdpacific does direct deposit

crap i typed it wrong -_- ill change it later Razz

EDIT:
Foxy wrote:

i have it... but you allready have me on your MSN Razz

*************************surpose to be a line to break the msg Razz*****

um has anyone had any problems with the hay street Eb Games lately??? they seem to have had some system wipe on there computers and you cant order existing anime + new anime coming soon...

also... has anyone seen A!MG anywhere around... other than at Quality Comics???

Please edit your posts instead of double posting -Kloppy
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
pending on what you're looking for, i think EB in perth doesn't stock alot, the cannington store is the best to goto, though it's closed at the moment for a shop refit...

give it time, the perth store may get more stock in...

for r4 anime fix in perth jb is the best to go to...
then for alot more i'd goto the cannington store...

not sure on other suburbs though, as i mainly shop in cannington, belmont and perth for r4 anime & manga..

Page 1 of 55

Jump to: