Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Fast and the Furious...3...?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Fast and the Furious...3...?
Author
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Fast and the Furious...3...? Reply with quote
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9919

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=106240

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/

I don't know if it's true or not... if it's not, it's a pretty elaborate hoax...

Let's assume it's real, and you're too lazy to read the articles.

The Fast and the Furious 3 follows the story of Shaun Boswell, who has always been an outsider. A loner at school, his only connection to the indifferent world around him is through illegal street racing -- which has made him particularly unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Shaun is sent out of the country to live with his uncle in the military, in a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo.

In the land that gave birth to the majority of modified racers on the road, the simple street race has been replaced by the ultimate pedal-to-the-metal, gravity-defying automotive challenge ... drift racing, a deadly combination of brutal speed on heart stopping courses of hairpin turns and switchbacks.

For his first unsuccessful foray in drift racing, Shaun unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," with ties to the Yakuza, the Japanese crime machine. The only way he can pay off the debt of his loss is to venture into the deadly realm of the Tokyo underworld, where the stakes are life and death.

Drifting in Tokyo? Yakuza involvement? His uncle, who is in the military, lives in the slums of Tokyo? *sighs*

I think my head is exploding from all the things wrong with that blurb >_<

I enjoyed FntF and 2f2f. I really did. They were stupid goofy fun, but this... this is... *dies*

Someone tell me it's a joke pls kthx .___.
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
.__________.

Prepare yourselves for the subjugation!
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast and the Furious...3...? Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:

[-o<
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast and the Furious...3...? Reply with quote
~shinigami~ wrote:
Mr Waffle wrote:

[-o<

[-o< [-o<

Let's hope that if we ignore it, it will go away.

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first one, but it should've ended there.

*shudders at the thought of another fast and furious movie*
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can always not watch it. Thats what I do with crap movies.
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR_MR2
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/tehsauce/1120722421268.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/tehsauce/1120722421268.jpg

bahaha. That's almost exactly us if you'd bought an 86 (and gotten a haircut...) XD
Asuran
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well nope this appears not to be a hoax I enjoyed the first 2 movies I love my Japanese Import cars and my street racing so i intend to watch number 3 but if the reviews are crap i will not be paying to go to the cinimas i will wait to watch it on PAY TV. This time the Star Car Is yet another skyline buy it is the Brand New Nissan Skyline GTR R35 which appart from the tail light closley resembles a Nissan 350Z
heihachi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asuran wrote:
Well nope this appears not to be a hoax I enjoyed the first 2 movies I love my Japanese Import cars and my street racing so i intend to watch number 3 but if the reviews are crap i will not be paying to go to the cinimas i will wait to watch it on PAY TV. This time the Star Car Is yet another skyline buy it is the Brand New Nissan Skyline GTR R35 which appart from the tail light closley resembles a Nissan 350Z

um not to offened but the nissan r35gtr does not exsist (apart from top secrets modded g35)
nissan has no plans for ... how i say ... godzillaring the current nissan skyline v35 (g35 for usa) witch you would say at a streach a 'gtst' or a Rwd
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm only surprised there hasnt been more freaking movies like FF, werent there like 3 different films about Motorcycles? how come there is only one about cars? For the b1tches who are about to nitpick. I'm counting the two films as one series where as the bike films were not related.
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
heihachi wrote:
nissan has no plans for ... how i say ... godzillaring the current nissan skyline v35 (g35 for usa) witch you would say at a streach a 'gtst' or a Rwd

I don't think it even qualifies as a "gtst" because they do not have turbos. The V35's shape is stupid anyway. There are too many cars that are 350Z/Audi TT look-a-likes.
Asuran
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
heihachi wrote:

um not to offened but the nissan r35gtr does not exsist (apart from top secrets modded g35)
Well explain this then http://www.streetracersonline.com/articles/gtr35/
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asuran wrote:

It's a prototype from 2001.

There is no R35 GTR, because there is no R35 Skyline (the R## refers to the Skyline model, it has never been a GTR thing). So, will there be a G35 GTR? No, because they've already established that the GTR is *not* going to be a Skyline. While it will share the same platform as the Skyline and 350Z (which is why the prototypes have been modified versions of said cars), it won't be a member of either cars' family. Currently, it's expected to have a new AWD drivetrain, and a new engine. Nobody knows any more details than that, really... apart from the fact it's going to have to be pretty damned nifty to compete with the next gen 'Supra' and the badboys from Europe like the M3, cause that's the car market it's going to be a part of.
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
and a new engine.

It's rumoured to be a V8 but not sure about the forced induction, whether it will be turbo or twin-turbo (or possibly NA). It's just a rumour though.
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nissan lossed it after the R34...

They need a new Silvia.. S16 Surprised
Asuran
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes while the R## refers to the model number the GT GTS and GTR refer to the type GT being no turbo GTS single turbo and GTR being twin turbo with a larger engine capacity even if it is only by .5 of a liter
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uh... No.

For the R32 and R33 models, GTS is the non turbo and GTSt is the turbo model.

The R## is the chassis code and from what I make of it, the 'R' infront is because of the RB series engines used. The new Skyline 350GT doesn't use an RB, but rather a VG35DE, hence V35.

Last edited by Sauce on Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
from what I make of it, the 'R' infront is because of the RB series engines used. The new Skyline 350GT doesn't use an RB, but rather a VG35DE, hence V35.

Wow, I didn't know that.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~Sauceman~ wrote:
Uh... No.

For the R32 and R33 models, GTS is the non turbo and GTSt is the turbo model.

The R## is the chassis code and from what I make of it, the 'R' infront is because of the RB series engines used. The new Skyline 350GT doesn't use an RB, but rather a VG35DE, hence V35.

Ah, that's right. G35 is the American name... bah @ them. Wikipedia has a huge bundle of information on the various specs...

I feel sorry for anyone who bought an R32 GXi with the CA18 thinking it was a good car in recent years... hmm~ *plans for business venture growing*
heihachi
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
Asuran wrote:

It's a prototype from 2001.

There is no R35 GTR, because there is no R35 Skyline (the R## refers to the Skyline model, it has never been a GTR thing). So, will there be a G35 GTR? No, because they've already established that the GTR is *not* going to be a Skyline. While it will share the same platform as the Skyline and 350Z (which is why the prototypes have been modified versions of said cars), it won't be a member of either cars' family. Currently, it's expected to have a new AWD drivetrain, and a new engine. Nobody knows any more details than that, really... apart from the fact it's going to have to be pretty damned nifty to compete with the next gen 'Supra' and the badboys from Europe like the M3, cause that's the car market it's going to be a part of.

true the new skyline will not be an R** so that means there will not be a r35 gtr seeing there is no r** anyway
but thats nitpicking anyway
fyi its a g** (in the us its a v**)
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uh... No.

Look at what I said MONTHS AGO. Rolling Eyes

In the US it is the Infiniti G35.

the_shadow
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes i have read the synopsis for fast and furios 3, i rekon it sounds really kewl, cant wait to see how they stuff up a good story line
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the_shadow wrote:
yes i have read the synopsis for fast and furios 3, i rekon it sounds really kewl, cant wait to see how they stuff up a good story line

Meh i'll go see it, but only because I appriciate the cars themselves, not the rice rice boom factor Rolling Eyes

Here is some more solid info on the flick

Quote:
Furious 3 Starts Ignition
The race is on for Tokyo Drift.
by IGN FilmForce
September 29, 2005 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, the third film in the street racing franchise, is revving up to start shooting next month, according to a newswire release from Universal Pictures. Lucas Black (Friday Night Lights) is the lead in the new film from Better Luck Tomorrow helmer Justin Lin.

Chris Morgan (Cellular) and Kario Salem (The Score) wrote the script for the Tokyo-set story that takes place in the underground world of Japanese drift racing, where the newest and fastest customized rides go head-to-head on some of the most perilous race courses ever seen.

Here's the setup: The action centers around Black's character, Shaun Boswell, who has always been a gaijin, or outsider. He's a loner at school, and his only connection to the indifferent world around him is through illegal street racing which has made him particularly unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Shaun is sent out of the country to live with his military father in a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo.

In the land that gave birth to the majority of modified racers on the road, the simple street race has been replaced by the ultimate pedal-to-the-metal, gravity-defying automotive challenge-drift racing, a deadly combination of brutal speed on heart-stopping courses with hairpin turns and switchbacks. In his first unsuccessful foray into the world of drift racing, Shaun unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," with ties to the Yakuza, the Japanese crime machine. The only way Shaun can pay off the debt from his loss is to venture into the deadly realm of the Tokyo underworld, where the stakes are life and death.

Black, hailed for his performance in Friday Night Lights, can next be seen opposite Jake Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard and Jamie Foxx in the war drama Jarhead. His other credits include Sling Blade, All The Pretty Horses and Cold Mountain.

Other members of the cast include Bow Wow (Roll Bounce), Brian Tee (We Were Soldiers), Sung Kang (Antwone Fisher, Better Luck Tomorrow), Jason Tobin (The Hot Chick, Better Luck Tomorrow) and newcomer Nathalie Kelley.

Director Lin's work can next be seen in Touchstone's Annapolis, starring James Franco, Tyrese Gibson and Jordana Brewster. He's also attached to the Vertigo Entertainment and Focus Features project Strangers, as well as the Vertigo/Universal remake of the Korean film Old Boy.

Not just a rumour now Razz
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Veilside have built a crazy NSX for the movie, it's in the latest High Performance Imports issue. Looks like a Ferrari. I'd hit it. They'll also have their fortune RX7 (Coolest FD ever) aswell as an RX8 and a 350Z of thier doing.

And according to them, Top Secret may be providing some of those goddamn sexy widebody 350Zs for the movie, aswell.

If nothing else, there's gonna be some freaking awesome cars.

W0m6at
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although clearly FF3 won't actually include it, it'd be sweet to have a reference to Initial D; something like Takumi's AE86 driving past right before a race or something like that.
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hate these films. Totally, totally bogus scripts and plots, and worse they encourage people with civics and eXcels to get 4" exhausts, while people who actually own or enjoy modded imports get the inevitable 'rice-burners' slur from the 18 year old boy racers, in their mum's rusty old VN.
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
... And then we proceed off into the distance while the clunky holden auto struggles it's way into 2nd gear.

RoTaRyS_oWn
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds okay, but it can turn out to be a nightmare, i mean mixing fast and furious gangsters in civics lowered to ground with 86/fd/fc drifters. this can turn out to be real good or real bad, i will still check out the film because even if it is crap, it will have its humorous moments (which are simply made out of ridiculous/ness (not sure if word) but you get the idea
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can see a slight humour in the utter absurdity of 'handbrake 180 the evo and then drive along a highway in reverse' moments, but mostly it just makes me want to vomit.
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
here's a few more pics

http://www.evolicious.com/spypics
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The actually had one of teh cars at auto salon

a white 350z
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay i'll give the 350Z credit, it does look rather hawt in a Veilside bodykit.

With all those Semi's me thinks they should do a Emperor Style Bling Bling Semi from Live Action Laughing
vladbypass
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All I can see this movie bringing is more trouble unfortunately Sad

"Ricers" and cars at AutoSalon already get a bad enough rap, along with the actual sport of drifting at legal arenas, mainly because people see these movies and go "oh yeah I can do that!"... bah!

I may be a P Plater but its obvious to know when its sensible to do something, unfortunately not a lot of people know that sensibility. I'm not even gonna go into examples of some of my P Plater friends who do stupid crap trying to imitate drifting by throwing their handbrake up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree completely, but wankers doing handbrake turns, circle work, and general stupidity in cars that can't handle it have been around far longer than these films.
vladbypass
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
El_Haroldo wrote:
I agree completely, but wankers doing handbrake turns, circle work, and general stupidity in cars that can't handle it have been around far longer than these films.

thats true, still I think theres just more of them now Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interview with the director.
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
...Bow Wow co-stars...

Might watch it when it comes out on DVD...maybe Laughing
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doesn't really matter to me how bad this movie will be - I'll still go watch it. It'll likely be entertaining just to see the drifting bits. Razz

vladbypass wrote:
I may be a P Plater but its obvious to know when its sensible to do something, unfortunately not a lot of people know that sensibility. I'm not even gonna go into examples of some of my P Plater friends who do stupid crap trying to imitate drifting by throwing their handbrake up.

I agree, but people always have to start somewhere. Razz It's not like everyone knows how to create oversteer 100% of the time, instantly. Actually, I believe in that Drift Bible thing Keiichi Tsuchiya made, he said that was what he started with before moving to just using the car's power at a corner's exit to do it.
vladbypass
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
BGSarevok wrote:
It doesn't really matter to me how bad this movie will be - I'll still go watch it. It'll likely be entertaining just to see the drifting bits. Razz

vladbypass wrote:

I agree, but people always have to start somewhere. Razz It's not like everyone knows how to create oversteer 100% of the time, instantly. Actually, I believe in that Drift Bible thing Keiichi Tsuchiya made, he said that was what he started with before moving to just using the car's power at a corner's exit to do it.

yeah Ive seen that video and I believe its true, but what I meant was, that theres a time and place to do everything, and most people choose to do it on the road and endager others and themselves rather than going out onto a track with a car club or something. Razz
Sakuya
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well this is it.. the end of the Fast and the Furious franchise.

Presenting the preview to ... (drum roll)... Fast and the Furious : Tokyo Drift !!! YAY!!!

Er.. yeah.. ok judging from the preview.. it looks kinda crap.. but hey.. judging from this thread I don't think ppl's expectations were all that high.

Anyway.. when you think of drifting.. what do you think of ? Hotted up Japanese cars.. etc etc.. WRONG! Shelby Cobra and car parks.. now that's what we're talking about!!

Here you guy.. preview at your own risk.

clickity click for some .. er.. something.
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks pretty lame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yet another way to promote "drift" as a buzz word. I swear I hear the word "drift" thrown around by everyone even though they have no idea what it is.
Sauce
Sakura Kinomoto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I love this movie.

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Speed needs no translation"

Apparently, neither does Japanese. cough.

I'd say it looks pretty craptacular, but that's what we expected in the first place...
~shinigami~
Shana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
"Speed needs no translation"

Apparently, neither does Japanese. cough.

I'd say it looks pretty craptacular, but that's what we expected in the first place...

"Ready, Seto, Go!" :-s

Apparently, japanese girls tot around in Cowgirl clothes.
DXPetti
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The drift up the car park ramp was pretty cool.

But yer, whats with the whole "Seto" thing >_>
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FF3 is nothing without Van Sad
Shawaazu
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/main.html

I was sent to this site through a parapara community on lj. Anyways, if you look at the second photo in the gallery, it looks like Bow Wow is being taught parapara XDDDDDD \Very Happy/ I thought it was rather amusing XP

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: