Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

One Piece on ch10 7.30am Mon-Fridays soon!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
One Piece on ch10 7.30am Mon-Fridays soon!
Author
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: One Piece on ch10 7.30am Mon-Fridays soon! Reply with quote
No firm date, but it should be soon, most likely in early September or once the new Toasted TV is set to premiere on August 22 to replace Cheez TV.

One Piece will be airing on Channel 10 at 7.am Tuesday-Fridays.

Last edited by Slykura on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:19 am; edited 3 times in total
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll keep my eye out for it then. I've seen some eps on the cartoon network while at work and seem a bit dubious about it. Now I can watch a bit more and see if I can actually handle the voices being used or the bland artwork.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, good to see some new anime hitting Free TV. Smile
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hellll yeah. i finally get to see how bad it actually is....o Crying or Very sad
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I rang the programming department at Network Ten (Sydney) this morning (With other queries) and when I asked about One Piece, I was told they didn't have the series. So is the deal for the rights to One Piece still in progress or too recent ?
Yuni
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the english dub (read: remake) will undoubtedly suck

observe:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=145

http://radio-tokyo.net
wariomona
Lin Minmay

Location: Umm.. let's see ... LOOK! There's a human! You don't see those everyday!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Toasted TV? Laughing Laughing
I had no idea they were making the name even cheezeyer! Oh well, I have no idea what One Piece is about anyways.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toasted TV....................................

>__>

how lame

well spose ill fire up the VCR of a morning now just to get some new anime into me XD, and see what this one piece is all about

any word on other shows on Toasted TV (geez that's really lame)
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'll unannounce this for now then. seems to be unconfirmed at this stage.

*puts in rumor bag*
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After all the bad things i've heard about the dub i'm not to sure i'll get up for this, i can't remember the last time i was up that early.

I guess i'll just wait til madman grace us with the uncut dvd's

Toasted tv? i don't even wan't to get into that, cheez tv was fine when it first started (yay technoman) but along the way died which is unfortunate.

I wonder if they'll go back to having a host/s or just run cartoons?

Winner of the Madvivor Challenge: Round 1
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Balsnac wrote:
After all the bad things i've heard about the dub i'm not to sure i'll get up for this, i can't remember the last time i was up that early.

I guess i'll just wait til madman grace us with the uncut dvd's

Toasted tv? i don't even wan't to get into that, cheez tv was fine when it first started (yay technoman) but along the way died which is unfortunate.

I wonder if they'll go back to having a host/s or jst run cartoons?

i reckon channel 10 will go like ch 7 did, it axed agro, then went to some renamed show that ended up just being cartoons and no hosts, well look at it now, no cartoons in the morning (of a weekday) anymore

but we will have to wait and see what other stuff they put on, prolly pokemon and crapioh -__-
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wouldn't you guys rather not watch this on tv anyway? I mean it's going to have a crappeh english dub to it.... you know it would be better to wait for it to come on DVD, better quality and sound too Mr. Green

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
Wouldn't you guys rather not watch this on tv anyway? I mean it's going to have a crappeh english dub to it.... you know it would be better to wait for it to come on DVD, better quality and sound too Mr. Green

I agree. I watched this on Foxtel at a friends place just to see what the fuss was about... I'm still in recovery. The psych sells it'll take another five sessions to get those voices out of my head.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
While this is all true, I do hope everyone at least tell their friends who might not have ever seen any of One Piece about it.

it's a bridge in and just like DBZ will hopefully bring in some new fans to anime. The more people who watch it the better! It can only be a good thing.
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
While this is all true, I do hope everyone at least tell their friends who might not have ever seen any of One Piece about it.

it's a bridge in and just like DBZ will hopefully bring in some new fans to anime. The more people who watch it the better! It can only be a good thing.

True, I understand you're selling point... although imo it would be best to show the anime at a later time say 7 at night..... people who are up at 7am and watching tv are kids getting ready for school...... kids's can't afford dvd's everytime a new one is released. (unless there spoilt and have rich mummies and daddies)
Anyway if it was shown at 7pm people like us have finished work and are able to get into it and purchase the dvd's when they are released.
Unless you're not interested in the dvd sales ( Shocked ) and really do want to get the new generation into anime....... Smile so you're dvd sales will be better in the future Wink

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with Smeg, most kids who watch cheez tv are in primary school and don't have a dollar to their name, except for them damn private school kids *shakes fist* so targeting them will most likely have little effect.

And the chances on primetime anime are nil, i remember along way back they played cheez tv on channel 10 at 6pm on a saturady and ran lost pokemon episodes, and that lasted for about a month, and i know that pokemon is a poor anime to have played at primetime and maybe something more adult would have been better, but even still i couldn't see it performing that well.

speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Balsnac wrote:
I agree with Smeg, most kids who watch cheez tv are in primary school and don't have a dollar to their name, except for them damn private school kids *shakes fist* so targeting them will most likely have little effect.

And the chances on primetime anime are nil, i remember along way back they played cheez tv on channel 10 at 6pm on a saturady and ran lost pokemon episodes, and that lasted for about a month, and i know that pokemon is a poor anime to have played at primetime and maybe something more adult would have been better, but even still i couldn't see it performing that well.

ah i remember that, it was like in 2000 or something

having little effect, i would seriously doubt that. Do you have any younger siblings?
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:

ah i remember that, it was like in 2000 or something

having little effect, i would seriously doubt that. Do you have any younger siblings?

A 15 year old sister who could care less about anime.

Just because a child see's a show doesn't mean they'll suddenly become an anime fanatic, and even if they do there's no telling if they'll stay a fan, and i know all about how little kids are highly subjective but with no money they can't really by the product. SO what does this mean.....target the parents Laughing

Also i doubt kids will start buying anime dvd's just because they see a show they like, they'd most likely tape the show or wait for re-runs.

edit: just cleaned it up to make it easier to understand

Last edited by Balsnac on Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah i see

well i have an 8yo bro who gets into anything thats shown onto TV XD specially Yugioh and so forth, so if there is anything to do with the show thats out he will want it, or at least want to hire the dvd :/
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So speedfreek how big is you're 8yo bro's anime dvd collection?

What? Zero!?

That's the point we are making.

Still..... I think the main point is that the anime shown at 7am will get little kid's talking about it and liking it. So at later date's they become like us and have a $10,000 anime collection. Reading forum's and saying.... ah remember way back in 2005 when toasted (lol) tv played one peice in that awful english dub.... I think that is what got me into anime in the end.

Mr. Green

speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
So speedfreek how big is you're 8yo bro's anime dvd collection?

What? Zero!?

That's the point we are making.

Still..... I think the main point is that the anime shown at 7am will get little kid's talking about it and liking it. So at later date's they become like us and have a $10,000 anime collection. Reading forum's and saying.... ah remember way back in 2005 when toasted (lol) tv played one peice in that awful english dub.... I think that is what got me into anime in the end.

Mr. Green

no, one Razz

XD, although if he had the money and was allowed to, im sure he would buy them lol
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:

no, one Razz

XD, although if he had the money and was allowed to, im sure he would buy them lol

Laughing Laughing

I am sure he would buy them IF he had money.

I would say..... if you want to get people into anime show GTO, Rahxephon and Love Hina on channel 10 at 6pm - 7.30pm.
That target's everyone and little kids are still up to watch.

Electromage
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:

it's a bridge in and just like DBZ will hopefully bring in some new fans to anime. The more people who watch it the better!

Ummm....'one piece' (the english dub anyway) isn't the kinda show that will make new anime fans (personally, I thought it was an awful show), at least DBZ was more universal, it had a wider appeal, 1peace is kids show fluff, full stop!!

Slykura wrote:
It can only be a good thing.

I wouldn't count on that, this is definitely an "Anime is for kids" response waiting to happen!! Confused
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Electromage wrote:
Stuff

I agree with what you said 1 peice is for kid's but Sly said

Slykura wrote:
just like DBZ will hopefully bring in some new fans to anime.

So they are using 1 peice to create new anime fan's and the new anime fan's are kids.

TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toasted TV... I like the name better then Cheez TV.

Pity the programming won't change much...
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok time for the local onepiece fanboy rant
Onepiece is definatley worth the watch bad dub and edit or not. however in mind that this is indeed a very bad version and should not be taken as the quality of the show. it is a good outline but if you want true quality wait for the uncut DVD (thankyou again sly) or read the manga. and allways keep in mind. the name is Zoro not Zolo.
</rant>
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Smeg : All the show that you have listed are not really recommended for kids. I would say more young adults ( 14 years and over) and adults Confused
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can handle the voices on One Piece (And I doubt the uncut version would be considered a "kids show", at least by our standards, as there's quite a bit of graphic violence.
One website I read about One Pience was even talking about how much blood Zoro loses in the various battles he fight, and apparnetly there's one battle where he loses almost all of the blood that he'd (in real life) have had in his body. Another said that in the manga, it's revealed that Monkey's scar is due to him stabbing himself in the eye for some reason...though this is never dealt with in the manga, and his scar is just there.)

What I find annoying is the digital paint. I don't mean stuff like "Maries" becoming "Navy" (That actually makes sense. Afterall, you say "The Marines" and most folks will think the land based soliders), but stuff like editing guns to look like water pistols and actually having characters CALL them that (Which is foolish as even at 6 years old, I knew Blackbeard and his mates caried real kills around. Kid's aren't fools) or changing sanji(sp?)'s cigarette in a loly pop (Why not save themselves the expense and simply NEVER REFER TO SANJI SMOKING!?).
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy wrote:
Toasted TV... I like the name better then Cheez TV.

Pity the programming won't change much...

you have got to be kidding me. At least Cheez TV was/is original, specially when they had the hosts

Toasted TV sounds too much like a ripoff
wariomona
Lin Minmay

Location: Umm.. let's see ... LOOK! There's a human! You don't see those everyday!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:

I would say..... if you want to get people into anime show GTO, Rahxephon and Love Hina on channel 10 at 6pm - 7.30pm.

If they are on at that time they would need to be cut versions. And you know Channel 10 will NEVER replace the Simpsons!
wariomona
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
EDIT: Oops, double post!
Deus Sceleris
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried to get quite a few people/kids into anime, namely those who watch overly-commercialized aimed-at-kids ones on cheez-tv, but they're uninterested and prefer damn fads. So **** 'em, just give them the trash and spend your money on the sure thing... Lottery Tickets!
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
@Smeg : All the show that you have listed are not really recommended for kids. I would say more young adults ( 14 years and over) and adults Confused

Yeah.... but they are the people with the money to buy the dvd's Wink
What would be better? making new anime fans of people with money now?
or making new anime fans of little kid's who the company's have to wait say 7-8 years before they are old enough to get a job to buy the dvd's?

wariomona wrote:
Smeg wrote:

If they are on at that time they would need to be cut versions. And you know Channel 10 will NEVER replace the Simpsons!

True but it was only a suggestion Wink they wont actually do it, why would a huge network listen to a little tiny post on an anime website?

Last edited by Smeg on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
M_chan
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay! Hopefully they will get some other watchable stuff to go with it since they went and replaced totally spies with yet more repeats of yugi-oh and reset pokemon again all the way back for the ten millionth time.
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
Timesplitter 01 wrote:

Yeah.... but they are the people with the money to buy the dvd's Wink
What would be better? making new anime fans of people with money now?
or making new anime fans of little kid's who the company's have to wait say 7-8 years before they are old enough to get a job to buy the dvd's?

I guess their taking advantage of the subjectiveness of kids and using the old "get them while their young" approach, instead of trying to convince teens who'll be harder to convince to buy anime.

And people who can now buy anime don't really need convinceing of what they want, they just make up thir own mind about what they like so trying to convince people like that is a lost cause, so really the only other option is the youths who'll buy a stick if you tell them to.

Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Balsnac wrote:

And people who can now buy anime don't really need convinceing of what they want, they just make up thir own mind about what they like so trying to convince people like that is a lost cause, so really the only other option is the youths who'll buy a stick if you tell them to.

O_o I was 16 when I started watching anime year's and year's ago... wow 8 year's ago Embarassed

Anyway I purchased all my anime then and recently..... because of seeing preveiw's and such on tv and dvd's. So how is it a lost cause aiming anime at teen's to get them into it???

Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
luffy stabbed himself in the eye in the very first ep. the first scene if i remember correctly. and this was in the manga. zoro loses phenominal amounts of blood in every battle. basically if you wanna find out about cuts in episodes this is it
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:
luffy stabbed himself in the eye in the very first ep. the first scene if i remember correctly. and this was in the manga. zoro loses phenominal amounts of blood in every battle. basically if you wanna find out about cuts in episodes this is it

At least someone is keeping this thread on track..... *look's at past post's* Embarassed

Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:
luffy stabbed himself in the eye in the very first ep.

Luffy never stabbed himself in the eye in the first epp, I heard he did it in the manga but I watched the first 10 epps fan subed and he had the scar from the begining.

Also I don't see what the big deal with the dub was, I watch it at my girlfreinds occasionly and it isn't that bad.
jargon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
have a look at the hosts for TOASTED TV

Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow he look's abit retarded huh

TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hosts!? Host! Why? For the love of...
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jargon wrote:
have a look at the hosts for TOASTED TV

I'd say based off the look of the hosts in the picture, the name of the show is quite suitable.

Well SOMEONE had to make the joke >_>
Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HAHAHAHA OMG. i went to school with that guy. i acted with him in our production of richard III
Roland Apricot
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
crapioh

XD roflmao That's gold!!

they should bring back old anime favourties like thundercats and samurai pizza cats. and digimon, just for tony and me XD

Roland's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:
HAHAHAHA OMG. i went to school with that guy. i acted with him in our production of richard III

You lie?

Going back to the host formula, maybe they have forgoten that it didn't work that's why they ditched the old hosts's.

Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raven Xavier wrote:

So is he retarded? he really does look it, sorry. Very Happy

Roland Apricot wrote:

they should bring back old anime favourties like thundercats and samurai pizza cats. and digimon, just for tony and me XD

Hell yeah go Thundercat's...... gee's I remeber them well.... oh oh and the original He-man.... he was gold.... not this new He-man of today Mad

Raven Xavier
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
actually he is a seriously good actor. and a really nice guy. shame he is going to crash and burn with this show. in fact i am friends with a girl whos big sister is goig out with him. he hangs around our school sometimes. before you start hearing rumors remember that. he is a genuinley good guy.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
Raven Xavier wrote:

So is he retarded? he really does look it, sorry. Very Happy

Roland Apricot wrote:

Hell yeah go Thundercat's...... gee's I remeber them well.... oh oh and the original He-man.... he was gold.... not this new He-man of today Mad

I thought thunder cats and heman were hannababera?
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thundercats and He-Man: They might have worked on Thundercats and He-Man, Hanna and Barbera also worked on some of the Tom and Jerry Cartoons, even though Tom and Jerry are M.G.M. Cartoons (I'm talking about the originals here, not any later releases).

However, I seriously doubt it. I can't remember who did Thundercats, but He-Man was a Filmation cartoon.

Toasted TV: So 10 dumped those two guys who used to hoast Cheez TV? About time. They'd been on that show for so long it was really lame the way they acted like they were still 14 year old kids. (Like watching american soaps where people that are obviously much older pretend to be teens).

One Piece: I've been to that Arlong Park site before. Last time I was there, they were only about 8 or 9 episodes into their edits guide (and we're WAY past that on CN now)
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Page 1 of 8

Jump to: