Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

ANIME ON TV (FREE ON AIR AND PAY TV) GOODNESS

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
ANIME ON TV (FREE ON AIR AND PAY TV) GOODNESS
Author
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok thanks for that. I will look it up once I get home.
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On April the 8th and 9th Showtime Comedy ( I dont know they are on comedy) is showing a large group of Studio Ghibli Films - Howl's Moving Castle, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke.
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, do you know if Vampire Knight is being shown uncensored or have they toned it down a bit for their demographic? Just curious, I'm enjoying it either way.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uncensored.
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deltora Quest starts at 7:10 AM on the ABC3 on Saturday 30th April 2011. Hopefully the series will be shown in widescreen at least.

The Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai movie is been shown at 6:05 AM on Toasted TV on Ten on Saturday 23rd April 2011.
Jimbo
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought abc3 was screening season 1 of vampire knights but found it they were screen season 2 Sad. if i know this would of watch it from the start, now have to collect the box set and watch it.
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if people know but Code Geass was on ABC 2 last night (Friday Night) at 12 20.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been watching Vampire Knight but I find the 5 days a week programming a bit much for me some nights as it's hard to keep watch and to keep up with the series since I missed most of the first weeks episodes.
But I did see the first episode but after that I missed quite a few episodes.

But now I'm back into watching it for a week or so and the storyline of Vampires and Humans living in a dormitory school of 'Cross Academy'...Vampire are night class and humans day class etc.

Yuki and Zero being guardians for the humans during the night to protect the day class (humans) from discovering the night class are actually vampires.
This whole storyline is understandable but not all vampires can be controlled as there is some sort of feud between pureblood vampires.

The whole Kaname and Yuki relationship is a bit confusing but you later do understand it as more truth is revealed.

Zero as a Level E is bit confusing on what a 'Level E' IS...well someone on the verge of turning into a vampire but is still human...so basically Zero is a human vampire hunter with vampire powers, which Zero is like the classic Van helsing character.

But Zero has a twin brother which gets even more confusing on there part.
Well interesting as it maybe there is some back story to it all.
But I just managing to watch most episodes without losing the plot but you can easily pick up the storyline as long as you don't miss too many episodes and miss key parts to the storyline.
I might of missed a few episodes over the weeks but I do find the show quiet good in animation quality and characters with Gothic fancy hair styles.

This is a manga adaption but I don't know how acurate the storyline line is with par with the manga storyline since the manga is still ongoing.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaden1
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if I should put this in here, but Deltora Quest starts on ABC3, this Saturday morning at 7.10am.
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stich! (The anime adaption of Lilo & Stitch) starts at 6:30 AM on Seven on Saturday 7th May 2011.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
I have been watching Vampire Knight but I find the 5 days a week programming a bit much for me some nights as it's hard to keep watch and to keep up with the series since I missed most of the first weeks episodes.
But I did see the first episode but after that I missed quite a few episodes.

But now I'm back into watching it for a week or so and the storyline of Vampires and Humans living in a dormitory school of 'Cross Academy'...Vampire are night class and humans day class etc.

Yuki and Zero being guardians for the humans during the night to protect the day class (humans) from discovering the night class are actually vampires.
This whole storyline is understandable but not all vampires can be controlled as there is some sort of feud between pureblood vampires.

The whole Kanema and Yuki relationship is a bit confusing but you later do understand it as more truth is revealed.

Zero as a Level E is bit confusing on what a 'Level E' IS...well someone on the verge of turning into a vampire but is still human...so basically Zero is a human vampire hunter with vampire powers, which Zero is like the classic Van helsing character.

But Zero has a twin brother which gets even more confusing on there part.
Well interesting as it maybe there is some back story to it all.
But I just managing to watch most episodes without losing the plot but you can easily pick up the storyline as long as you don't miss too many episodes and miss key parts to the storyline.
I might of missed a few episodes over the weeks but I do find the show quiet good in animation quality and characters with Gothic fancy hair styles.

This is a manga adaption but I don't know how acurate the storyline line is with par with the manga storyline since the manga is still ongoing.

Are you up to date with the episodes of Vampire Knight on ABC 3? I want to write something but I don't want to spoil it for you. I would put it in spoiler tags but I don't want to write it if you don't want to read it. Also it is Kaname not Kanema. Wink
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops sorry I forgot to spell check Kaname's name...it was a typo.
Actually I've seen most of it up to the last episode which I enjoyed.

It was the first week when it started that I missed the most of the episodes but I caught up pretty quick a bit afterwards.

Kaname's plan to destroy Rido was interesting, by using Zero as a weapon.
Now Zero is the most powerful vampire hunter around because of all the different types of blood and he's been drinking eg three different purebloods plus he's twin brothers blood.

::Note of Episodes::
Also I didn't realize the second season was called 'Guilty' so I didn't realise after 13 episodes (first season) the second season had started with another 13 episodes.
So I was mainly watching the second season because I miss most of the first season episodes.

I think what confused me was that I missed about 4 or 5 episodes of the first season then started watching pretty much all of the second season.
Which is why I didn't understand what a level E was a first since it was probably explained it the first season which I missed the most...hehe.
SO funny enough I saw practically all of the second season and didn't realise it was the second season. Laughing

But the manga is still going so who knows what's next with this series, and if a third anime season will come once the manga gets ahead.
But I have to admit it was an interesting series.

::Anime super hour on TVS::
But still loving Gurren Lagann...I have to buy the complete series as it completes on TVS as I'm loving it.

I do question about Gundam Double O series on TVS will it continue on to season 2 since where almost at the end of season 1..well in a few more weeks.
Gurren Lagann and Gundam Double O are both almost getting close to the end.
SO what will happen once Gurren Lagann and Gundam Double O finish will Gundam Double O continue to season 2 while another anime show will be shown along side Gundam double O as Gurren Lagann is finished.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does Guilty start when the OP changes?
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any point in watching Deltora Quest?

Is it good?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Depends, do you like adventure series like Naruto and Bleach? If yes I would recommend checking it out.
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:
Depends, do you like adventure series like Naruto and Bleach? If yes I would recommend checking it out.

Yes I do a lot, but only because of the action and great characters, does it have good action?
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some times there is alot of action whereas other times there is alot.
shane1000
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chika Akatsuki wrote:
Some times there is alot of action whereas other times there is alot.

Awwwk well I will watch the first couple of eps when I get time.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is what I would recommend.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to get the Gurren Lagann complete collection on DVD but now I'm questioning about the movie collection and if it's worth buying.

Well both Gurren Lagann and Gundam double O are starting to finish off there series.
But I question of season 2 of Gundam double O will continue on afterwards.
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
I managed to get the Gurren Lagann complete collection on DVD but now I'm questioning about the movie collection and if it's worth buying.

Well both Gurren Lagann and Gundam double O are starting to finish off there series.
But I question of season 2 of Gundam double O will continue on afterwards.

I definitly recommend that you get the movies. I was a bit hesitant at first but then I decided to get the movies and all I can say is that they are amazing. I think that the second movies is the better of the though as there is alot of differences from the original series compared to the first movie.

If that makes any sense.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read a few 'new' things in the Gurren Lagann movies like bigger mecha transformations with spiral energy that are not in the tv series...like galaxy size Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann...I have to see this to believe it. Surprised
But yeah I would consider getting the movie collection just to see the new mecha transformations...SPIRAL POWER!! hehe.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.madman.com.au/news/more-new-shows-for-community-tv/
Crona
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the movies there is my personal favorite Tengen Toppa Enki Durga.

Also, Sly is there a date for when these shows are coming out? In the link it only says June, is there any other details?
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:

Terrific. Pity I don't live in a broadcast area. These stations don't stream their broadcasts, do they?
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FM: Brotherhood and Black Butler on TVS...NICE!

It will be when Gurren Lagann and Gundam OO are finished since both are almost finished there series, since where getting to the last episodes now on both shows...which is what I have been saying 'What's Next!' hehe.
Tvs anime hour schedule Check out the dates for Sydney...but I think you can check out your own region but they might be the same.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pity I can't get C31, wrong side of the mountain range. My parents can get it so my brother and sister will be happy. My sister wants to see Black Butler after seeing pics of Black Butler cosplay and my brother loves Full Metal Alchemist.
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kimura wrote:
On April the 8th and 9th Showtime Comedy ( I dont know they are on comedy) is showing a large group of Studio Ghibli Films - Howl's Moving Castle, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke.

Since when are they comedies? I think someone at showtime needs their head examined.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Since when are they comedies? I think someone at showtime needs their head examined.

They're cartoons, so obviously they're funny. Rolling Eyes Razz
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
[..]

They're cartoons, so obviously they're funny. Rolling Eyes Razz

That is probably their rationale for the decision unfortunately.
Jaden1
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:

This is the reply I got from C31 Adelaide, in response to an email I sent them when Madman first announced this new series of anime, over a week ago.

Quote:
Thank you for your email and your interest.

Madman Entertainment originally approached us more than six months ago - through a third party - in regards to a commercial agreement to have programs transmitted in Adelaide.

Unfortunately, they have not - to my knowledge - responded to our attempts to contact them directly, and we have not received a proposal from them.

Until a formal program proposal is received and an agreement reached over the commercial requirements of the contract, there is no sign of the Anime programs being seen in Adelaide in the near future.

This situation could of course change, and hopefully we will have access to the programs.

I know that both Brisbane and Perth started the programs some months after Sydney and Melbourne.

As community stations we do not purchase programs, rather producers approach us with a request / proposal for air time.

Once again, thank you for your email.

So there you have it, Adelaide fans.. No anime for us, until someone presumably ponies up the cash to pay for it to be shown. It's disappointing, but who knows, maybe Madman will be able to respond to this with an offer/contact for them.

(Sly, if you want a copy of the original email with Adelaide C31's contact details, pm me)
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually we've been in contact with them... we're just waiting on them now....
Jaden1
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then I shall be keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well, and hope to hear a screening date real soon.. Very Happy
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gurren Lagann finished with a double episode last Saturday night.
So it looks like this week starting is FM: Brotherhood and Black Butler is starting this June 11th 8:30pm super anime hour.

FM at 8:30pm and then BB at 9:00pm afterwards.
Jaden1
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those of you in Adelaide, Channel 31/44 started showing FMA:B and Black Butler last night (Friday) at 9.30pm, finishing at 10.30pm. Although they had FMA:B listed first and BB second, they actually showed them in the other order.
I suggest if you missed it, (and I only caught it because my wife was channel hopping!) that you watch the first ep from the Madboards, and then make sure you catch it next Friday night! No idea if there is a repeat anywhere, as their tv guide only went up to today online, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sci Fi Channel has been airing the Marvel anime series that were done by Madhouse at the beginning of this year. They are showing Iron Man and Wolverine every Saturday. They are up to episode 3 of each.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2011/07/iron-man-wolverine-coming-to-sci-fi-in-august/
Timesplitter 01
Yakumo Tsukamoto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kimura wrote:
Sci Fi Channel has been airing the Marvel anime series that were done by Madhouse at the beginning of this year. They are showing Iron Man and Wolverine every Saturday. They are up to episode 3 of each.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2011/07/iron-man-wolverine-coming-to-sci-fi-in-august/

Saw a bit this afternoon........at this moment I have to say the story is a bit average at the moment
Kimura
BT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't mind it. I'm just happy to see recently done anime on TV if anything.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, this is going to sound weird, but...

Wikipedia says that the Haruhi Suzumiya Endless Eight arc was aired on 7mate this year.

Does anyone know if this is an acurate reference to the Australian 7mate, or is there some other channel somewhere called 7mate? Or is it totally made up?

Or did someone mistake some other Endless Eight that was aired for the Haruhi episodes?
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In accurate. Nothing was ever aired on 7mate. We have never made a sale on channel 7
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) just finished two weeks ago on TVS since they're now showing double episodes of Fullmetal: Alchemist.

But I know one thing I know for sure Black Butler hasn't really ended at that point.
It might be the end of the season but there is a second season to which you find out Ciel's fate.

It's funny you never really get to see what Sebastian true demon form really looks like even when he fights the Angel...all you see are black feathers which are feathers of a crow and he has black high heels and long sharp nails and sharper teeth and demon eyes.
Meaning that the anime version will only show Sebastian as Crow and that he can take the form of a Crow.
But in the manga you don't see Sebastian as a Crow or Raven and yet he's true demon form hasn't been shown yet.

Though I don't mind seeing a little more of the 'Faustian' storyline if TVS plan to show the second season.

One thing different I noticed about the manga is that Sebastian saids "I'm one 'Demon' of a Butler" instead of the anime which he saids "I'm one 'Hell' of a Butler"...but yeah you can probably spot the differences if you read the manga.

But I did notice a few dialogue changes that refer to the word demon
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ponyo on SBS One tomorrow (1st January) at 7:30pm.
supertoshiyo
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohhh I missed this one but luckily I recorded it on cable. Such a classic Ghibli production. So sweet Smile
The_Prophet
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's some moar animu and live action on SBS on February:

Appleseed (movie) - 12am Sunday morning - Feb 3/4
Vexille - 12am Sunday morning - Feb 11/12
Deathnote - 11pm Saturday night - Feb 18

You're welcome.
Norbie
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any regular shows on free-to-air?

Thanks
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're in a mainland state capital, the community station (ch 31 analogue, 44 digital) may have a block of anime. It varies by city, so you'll have to check a guide or website.

I don't think there's anything on the national channels, though.

If you subscribe to the anime newsletter, they list what's on the box. Link to January newsletter online version.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also this1 http://www.madman.com.au/news/monthly-anime-on-tv-update
Sethscar
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flicking through my EPG and Howl's Moving Castle is on SBS2 tonight @ 9:30 if anyone else is having a quiet one.
Kirben
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Voltron: Defender of the Universe (Vehicle Voltron) is been shown on the ABC3, starting at 8:45 PM on Saturday 30th June 2012.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The new Voltron lion one has been playing on ABC3 for quite sometime.

But I still like the old original it was one of my fav shows to watch as a kid.
I even had the toys and all.
I had Voltron Castle and all the Lions to assemble Voltron.
I had the Voltron figurines that came with it...I had it all...but sadly I departed with them when I grew up.

I never thought there were to be a new Voltron animation remake on both Cars and Lions.
I prefer Voltron Lions series than the car series...maybe it's because I collected all the Voltron Lion series and knew all the story's.
As for the Old Voltron Car series I never really watched it.

Sometimes I do wish they put these old series back on TV and re-live my childhood memories.
But seeing the ad for Voltron lions on ABC3 did surprise me.

Page 28 of 30

Jump to: