Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Faults reporting process update - DISCS READY 30/11



Goto page Previous  1, 2
Faults reporting process update - DISCS READY 30/11
Author
Message
Deemer
Doraemon


Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry did a quick search but didn't find it... but wasn't there another DVD Problem with Transformers where an episode didn't play? Just wondering because I'm hoping to get my faulty DVDs all replaced at once and save some money on postage.

EDIT: Also if there are any other problems if they can be listed so I can send them away as well. Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane


Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 1624
Location: Rockin' all over the world!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Re: Dragonball

Kirben wrote:
Slykura wrote:
Can you please point out where this missing subtitle issue occurs on the disc as this was not made clear to us. The subtitle issue on disc one with the dubtitles is still there and we've not current plans to fix this but may do so in the future as it's only a minor problem.


I meant the missing subtitles track on disc 1, it was so long ago that I posted the wrong disc number. There is only a single subtitle track on disc 1, episode 73 has only dubtitles and all other episodes have only literal subtitles.

I can't believe Madman have not fixed this subtitle track issue, the chapter issue was minor, compared to the issue of completely missing subtitles. It was never mentioned earlier that Madman planned to only fix the chapter issue, over a year has passed and Madman couldn't care less!
I bought the Dragon Ball collections to watch the Japanese versions of the episodes!


Now I know this is about "Dragon Ball" but as I have only just started purchasing this series, I would like to know is two things that I haven't been able to work out

(1) Do you mean "Dragon Ball" without the Z where Goku is a kid? Because this is the one I'm buying and I've been enjoying watching the episodes in Japanese - although this was not my original reason for buying it, but it is now my main reason for watching the DVD as opposed to the video tapes my brother has taped off Cartoon Network.

(2) On what volume does this error occour? I have volumes 1 to 5, and I'd like to make a note of which one to replace/avoid-for-now.

Thanks Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kirben
Nene Romanova


Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 2327
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:

Now I know this is about "Dragon Ball" but as I have only just started purchasing this series, I would like to know is two things that I haven't been able to work out

(1) Do you mean "Dragon Ball" without the Z where Goku is a kid? Because this is the one I'm buying and I've been enjoying watching the episodes in Japanese - although this was not my original reason for buying it, but it is now my main reason for watching the DVD as opposed to the video tapes my brother has taped off Cartoon Network.


Yes, the original 'Dragon Ball' series, where Goku is a kid.

^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:

(2) On what volume does this error occour? I have volumes 1 to 5, and I'd like to make a note of which one to replace/avoid-for-now.


The errors occur on Dragon Ball Volume 6 - Fortune Teller Baba Saga, so I would suggest avoiding that volume for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mad Anime Fan
Banned


Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Posts: 6693
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kirben wrote:
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:

Now I know this is about "Dragon Ball" but as I have only just started purchasing this series, I would like to know is two things that I haven't been able to work out

(1) Do you mean "Dragon Ball" without the Z where Goku is a kid? Because this is the one I'm buying and I've been enjoying watching the episodes in Japanese - although this was not my original reason for buying it, but it is now my main reason for watching the DVD as opposed to the video tapes my brother has taped off Cartoon Network.


Yes, the original 'Dragon Ball' series, where Goku is a kid.

^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:

(2) On what volume does this error occour? I have volumes 1 to 5, and I'd like to make a note of which one to replace/avoid-for-now.


The errors occur on Dragon Ball Volume 6 - Fortune Teller Baba Saga, so I would suggest avoiding that volume for now.
Unless you order them from Madman or send the old disc back to be replaced.
Since Madman have fixed that problem now, this is good reason why I don't always rush to get every DB volume straight away in one order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kirben
Nene Romanova


Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 2327
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad Anime Fan wrote:
Kirben wrote:
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:

(2) On what volume does this error occour? I have volumes 1 to 5, and I'd like to make a note of which one to replace/avoid-for-now.


The errors occur on Dragon Ball Volume 6 - Fortune Teller Baba Saga, so I would suggest avoiding that volume for now.


Unless you order them from Madman or send the old disc back to be replaced.
Since Madman have fixed that problem now, this is good reason why I don't always rush to get every DB volume straight away in one order.


Only the chapter issue on disc 2 of Dragon Ball Volume 6 - Fortune Teller Baba Saga has been fixed.
The subtitle track issues with disc 1 of Dragon Ball Volume 6 - Fortune Teller Baba Saga have still not been fixed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BloodyMarionette
Doraemon


Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 43
Location: Wherever my strings pull me....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Orphen 2? Reply with quote
Any progress on the Orphen Revenge disc error?
Also, I just bought the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi box set and two of the booklets, vol2 and 3 were missing... is there any way I can get the missing booklets... and also... something slightly embarrassing a while back, I managed to request from Madman the FLCL 3 missing booklet... but I was sent Abenobashi 4's
_________________
Formerly Shin Kugai
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Slykura
Madman Staff


Joined: 13 Jan 2001
Posts: 13593

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As has been mentioned numerous times, please email request for booklets to order@madman.com.au
_________________
Watch FREE Anime Episodes
Madman Anime Festival
Madman National Cosplay Championship
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ozf1fan
Doraemon


Joined: 24 Feb 2004
Posts: 71
Location: Dubbo, NSW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i have a major problem,
kaliedo star volumes 4 and 6, on episodes 18 and 26 about 21 minutes into the episode the disks freeze and stop playing then skips a few chapters and continues playing, ive had 2 different sets of the complete season and both had the same problems on all of my dvd players
_________________
Don't you want a taste of my blood before you leave ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slykura
Madman Staff


Joined: 13 Jan 2001
Posts: 13593

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
see here
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=20778
_________________
Watch FREE Anime Episodes
Madman Anime Festival
Madman National Cosplay Championship
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
druid
Lin Minmay


Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 231
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
emric wrote:
ok well my enquiry is about Samurai Champloo V2. There's a thread all about it entitled "Samurai Champloo Vol. 2 [FIXED, New disc in replication]"

however, the last official response in that thread was in early June stating that (as the topic title suggests) that the fixed discs were being replicated and would be available 4-5 weeks from then.

So in the last 4 months or so i have posted a couple of times to ask if these fixed discs are available... and still no official response.

if you could please look into this issue and let me know what's going on... it would deliver me from a lot of frustration!
This issue for Samurai Champloo disc 2 is stopping me from buying the entire series currently. Just a friendly reminder! :)

Not to say it won't work, but I don't want to take the chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
starttimartti
Doraemon


Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
is anything being done about ghosting in gits discs 6&7 (episodes 23->)?
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=20069
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova


Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Posts: 2344
Location: Ninja Technical College

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
starttimartti wrote:
is anything being done about ghosting in gits discs 6&7 (episodes 23->)?
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=20069


GitS v6 & v7 seems to suffer from juddering and a lose of sharpness in pans and various other moments. That's disappointing, especially since we were promised high quality from the HD masters.

Out of the half a dozen or so Madman discs I own that have problems, I want them to fix GitS the most. It's a high priority title and demands extra care. But for the most part they've done an excellent job with GitS.
_________________
3DS: 4296 - 3062 - 9292
XBL: lividplayer
PSN: sardonicgamer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aika-san
Doraemon


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm. And here I was about to order Samurai Champloo v1-6.

It might be a good idea to have an 'error' link on the ordering page for each dvd containing recognised and verified errors. The link could be used to list the error(s) and in what way they affect the product. This way prospective customers will be aware that they are about to purchase a faulty dvd. It also gives madman a 'lil more incentive about fixing these errors as a customer will not be wanting to buy a defective product.

I'll be importing Samurai Champloo due to the unresolved problems. I would like to support Madman, but I also do not want to be paying good money for substandard products. IMHO it's pretty sad when there is a known problem that is not being addressed for months whilst madman continue to sell the faulty version. These discs should not be sold. Either that or the buyer should be informed of the issues during the ordering process.

If the errors are the result of using cheap duplication services then that really needs to be fixed. $29.95 for a faulty disc of anime originally released over 12 months ago is not cheap. Even if it's not a faulty disc, it's still not cheap.

Unimpressed, and now a whole lot more wary of making any further purchases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phoenix85
Ryuk


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 4328
Location: Hay, hell & booligal, the nasty end of nowhere...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mib's Glitch Page has most of the errors found on Madman DVD's and wether or not a fix is available. However while I think your idea of Madman making an official one on their website is a good idea, I don't envision it happening.
_________________
Want a FREE TICKET? Click here!!
"To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the optimist, the glass is half full. I say: It's beer, just down it!" -Anon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aika-san
Doraemon


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thankyou for the link Phoenix85. I was not aware of this page. A lot of other buyers won't be either.

I agree that my idea would not happen as it would cause a loss of sales on the respective titles. It would be the honest thing to do though. The major verified errors need to be placed in the order process for the dvd affected as it looks a bit deceptive to have them hidden from the average buyer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy
Nene Romanova


Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Posts: 2344
Location: Ninja Technical College

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGreatNinjaFanBoy wrote:
starttimartti wrote:
is anything being done about ghosting in gits discs 6&7 (episodes 23->)?
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=20069


GitS v6 & v7 seems to suffer from juddering and a lose of sharpness in pans and various other moments. That's disappointing, especially since we were promised high quality from the HD masters.

Out of the half a dozen or so Madman discs I own that have problems, I want them to fix GitS the most. It's a high priority title and demands extra care. But for the most part they've done an excellent job with GitS.


Also, did anyone notice those problems during the last few episodes of GitS on SBS? It was pretty noticeable.
_________________
3DS: 4296 - 3062 - 9292
XBL: lividplayer
PSN: sardonicgamer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TLM1466
Doraemon


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uh Hello! problem over here!
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=556389#556389
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spun
Doraemon


Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to take two copies of Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart At the River Styx back to the store due to picture breakup and freezing just after the 44 minute mark - this goes on for a good couple of minutes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:      

Page 2 of 2


Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum