Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Kaleido Star or .hack//legend of the twighlight which first?

Kaleido Star or .hack//legend of the twighlight which first?
Author
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Kaleido Star or .hack//legend of the twighlight which first? Reply with quote
ok after unforseen money eating events have arisen i have been reduced to being able to pre-order only one boxset before release

while im sorta leaning towards LotT i really dont know what they are like in terms of entertainment value, i think i want one but then i want the other

in terms of price Kaleido star is $10 dearer

i just hope that if i get one i can get the other, as ill have to get the other a week after release and anime in wagga tends to go pretty quickly =/

so i need help in deciding which to get first
Elric of Grans
Spaurh Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
13 episodes, or 26: Kaleido Star comes out as better value before we even look at content.

This .hack series is a decent watch, but it is nothing special: think of it as a bighter, happier version of .hack, with cuter character designs, and less melancholic themes than .hack//SIGN. It will have wider apeal than the original TV series, but it is still nothing much.

Kaleido Star has no comparison that I can think of. Spectacular visuals, excellent characters, and a level of plot and character development far exceeding most anime. This series has it funny moments, but it also has down-points for many of the characters, and many hurdles they must face. Besides, it has a perverted `spirit of the stage': Fool does not just make the comedy, he probably invented it!
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll have to agree with Eric of Grans when concerning Kaleido Star. It is equal to the No.1 position in my collection of nearly 600 anime dvd's. It is bright, believable (except for the Fool) and spectacular. It is the only acrobatic anime that has ever come out. Whenever I watch it, it reminds me of Cirque du Soleil which is absolutely brilliant.

No other series besides Project ARMS which holds the other No.1 spot can come anywhere near it.

A true unique jem that can not be missed.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Trunk's Girl
Madboard Mod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaleido Star > .hack//Twilight by a million times.

.hack//Twilight doesn't even have the saving grace of music by Kajiura, like it's other related series does.

KS is just fantastic. Brilliant in almost every way, and definitely one that leaves you feeling warm.
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Definitely Kaleido Star. .hack isn't that great, definitely a watch once and never watch again series.
Balsnac
Mint Blancmanche

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tony wrote:
Definitely Kaleido Star. .hack isn't that great, definitely a watch once and never watch again series.

Something i wish i'd known when i bought it way back

It's an easy choice Speed, go with Kaleido Star since it's more bang for your buck, better story, characters and much better rewatch value.

Winner of the Madvivor Challenge: Round 1
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok ill get Kaleido star first then

i still plan to get Legend of the twighlight tho :p
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
ok ill get Kaleido star first then

Good and you won't regret it.

There is an interview with the english VA of Layla Hamilton in this months NTUSA as well as a review of the first vol. Even she found it interesting at how many male fans there are considering this wasn't its main target audience.

To get TG's seal of aproval esp since it's a Gonzo series is a major bonus. Wink

I think this is the only Gonzo series that she realy liked if I remember correctly.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: