Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!
Author
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?! Reply with quote
I only started watching Doctor Who on a whim at a mates place early last year with the re-runs ABC show in the evenings and then the new series when it aired later in the year. For years I knew Doctor Who existed but had no idea what it was about. After finally watching it I found it quite enjoyable and quickly became a fan.

I came into the series towards the end of the Tom Baker years and caught as many of the episodes as I could up to Ghost Light the last story of the original run of the series.

My personal favorite Doctor was Peter Davison the 5th Doctor.

With the next season's filming under way I just thought I'd start a thread for general discussion on all things Doctor Who.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally I like the 7th Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, the best, especially his companion Ace. Not that I can say I like the rest any less, although the effects went from dodgy but still pretty good in the 70's to outright crap in the 80's. Anybody who watches old Who for the effects, you'll be greatly disappointed. Watch it for the acting and the plot (if you dare). But stiill, you gotta love it!

I was going to start a little thread on this, but I have been beaten to it. But check back later and I'll have something for all the fans of the good Doctor out there in MadBoard land
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Doctor Who Thread Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:

I came into the series towards the end of the Tom Baker years and caught as many of the episodes as I could up to Ghost Light the last story of the original run of the series.

The last story was actually "Survival".
W0m6at
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not a massive Dr. Who fan myself (thank goodness... I'd want all the DVDs), but will happily watch it and quite like the daleks. A friend of mine is dalek-mad, so she was rather dark with me when I showed her what I got for my birthday from another friend (and apparently it's the last copy in SA):

Dalek Survival Guide

Flipped through it a bit, and it's rather entertaining.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Doctor Who Thread Reply with quote
Majin Cell wrote:
Personbot wrote:

The last story was actually "Survival".

According to what is said on the DVD of Ghost Light it was the last story they made.

Survival might of been the last story shown on television. I don't know, I've been busy this year and missed many of the Sylvester McCoy episodes.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Doctor Who Thread Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:
According to what is said on the DVD of Ghost Light it was the last story they made.

Survival might of been the last story shown on television. I don't know, I've been busy this year and missed many of the Sylvester McCoy episodes.

Correct. Ghostlight was indeed the last story made and Survival the lat story broadcast. For a complete episode list, go to EpGuides page for Doctor Who as it is simple and acurate.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's already a pretty good thread on Doctor Who, but it's mostly concerning the new seasons, so I'm gonna let this one live as the ultimate, all-encompassing discussion on the greatest TV SF series ever created.

Doctor Who Guide is the most comprehensive guide to the books, films, TV episodes and audio dramas on the internet. It puts everything into some kind of chronological* order, and you get a great idea of the overall continuity of the series.

I've decided that Sylvester McCoy is my favourite Doctor, and Ace is my favourite companion. Discuss.

*: When discussiong Doctor Who, "chronologicial" is, of course, a relative term.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sac
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually like the second Doctor and his companion Jamie the best myself, though he's followed closly by the original and Tom Baker in equal Second Place.

I was always annoyed that my job meant I was usually at work (or on the way home from work) when the ABC screened the Dr Who repeats, so I missed most of them Sad

I could have recorded them true...but every (week)day for 2 years (or however long it took ABC to screen all the repeats they had) is a BIG task >.<

Though I did tape most of the 1st doctor's episode. Hmmm...wonder if I still have those videos kicking around, or I taped over them already...?
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
There's already a pretty good thread on Doctor Who, but it's mostly concerning the new seasons, so I'm gonna let this one live as the ultimate, all-encompassing discussion on the greatest TV SF series ever created.

Now that's what I call a red flag to a bull, coz here I go!

Doctor Who* started in 1963 and, as everybody knows, is still going today. Although you may argue that there was a gap of some 16 years between series 26 (1989) and series 27 (2005), Doctor Who never stopped. It just wasn't on television.

The term "Multi-Media" referrs to things that cover more than one medium, although if you ask a computer salesman they'll tell you it means that your computer can put CD's on your iPod. "Doctor Who" is one of the few truly multi-media "brands" that are out there today, existing in a large variety of formats.

DVD's
Well, obviously, it goes without saying that "Doctor Who" is available on DVD...what isn't these days? There's releases for every incarnation of the Doctor. For those who don't know, the Doctor has been played by:

William Hartnell (1963-1966)
(This DVD has been released in the UK and will be available here soon - it contains the first 13 episodes of "Doctor Who", which makes up the story arcs "100,000BC"; "The Mutants" and "Inside The Spaceship" - which are better known as "An UnEarthly Child", "The Daleks" and "The Edge Of Destruction" respectively)

Patrick Troughton (1967-1969)

Jon Pertwee (1970-1974)

Tom Baker (1975-1981)

Peter Davison (1981-1984)

Colin Baker (1984-1986)

Sylvester McCoy (1987-1989)

Paul McGann (1996)
(This DVD is not availbe in Australia as outside of the UK the rights are owned by Universal, not the BBC, and aparrently Universal couldn't give two hoots about releasing it!)

Christopher Eccleston (2005)

The Lost Episodes
As of late 2000, there are 109 missing episodes of "Doctor Who" from 1964 to 1969, and about a dozen more colour episodes that now only exist in black and white. For information, visit The Doctor Who Restoration Team (who also remaster the old episodes ready for DVD release). However, that has not stopped the BBC from releasing every episode in one form or another.

Although there are many episodes missing, between themselves and home reocrdings made by fans, the BBC archives contain the soundtracks to every lost episode of Doctor Who, and they are slowly but surely releasing them on CD, with narration by one of the original cast to fill the gaps where there is onscreen action but no indication in the soundtrack as to what is happening.

Titles are available featuring both the first and second incarnations of the Doctor, and are actually rather enjoyable listening, almost akin to listening to the radio series of old. Did I say "old"? Over in the UK, and to some extent in America and even here, radio programs are still being produced.

Radio

In the mid 1990's, Jon Pertwee, the third incarnation of the Doctor, rpriesed his role in two short series of Doctor Who produced for radio. Furthurmore, instead of the usual "Making Of" specials on television, the BBC chose to make "Project Who? - The Making Of Doctor Who" for radio broadcast! All are out now on CD.

CD's
But wait, there's more! For the past several years Big Finish Audio Productions have been producing audio adventures of Doctor Who. Each adventure features four 25 minute episodes, staring Peter Davidson or Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy or Paul McGan as the Doctor, complete with their original companions (for example, Sophie Aldred plays Ace).

Although produced independently of the BBC (they have a license to use the characters but free reign over everything else) these adventures are highly creative and are given that little extra "oomph" that the old series didn't quite have, as sound effects (plus your imagination) are much cheaper than visual effects.

Highly recommended for fans and newcomers alike. Unfortunately, they do not have a distributor in Australia, but are available via the website linked above. Big Finish also do other productions, including Doctor Who spin-off's and 200 A.D. (the home of Judge Dred in the UK)

Books
And, most importantly, print. Two years after the TV series ended with The Doctor and Ace walking off into the sunset, Virgin Books began publishing "The New Doctor Who" adventures, more stories featuring the seventh incarnation of the Doctor and Ace, and others too. These wre follwed by "The Missing Adventures", further adventures of the Doctors other six incarnations that take place between existing television adventures.

These adventures were written by both fans and also by writers of the television series. In 1996, however, with the attempted revival of Doctor Who on television, the BBC put an end to Virgin Publication's right to publish these books and took over themselves. To this day, BBC Books is still producing new stories based on the current and old incarnations of the Doctor. For a complete list of what's been published, have a look at this page at the Outpost Gallifrey

That's it, right? Probably not. There's always more merchandise than you can poke a stick at for everything these days. However, you can only see a t-shirt or a lunchbox so often before you get sick of it. Books, CD's and DVD's have a bigger entertainment value. You can go back to them anytime you want. So, grab some Who and let it sit with pride next to your Anime DVD's, your Manga books and your Asian Dub Foundation CD's and take a trip across time and space whenever the urge takes you!

See ya later!
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Big Finish productions often feature former writers of the books/TV program too, so, for a long time, it was as close as we got to actual Doctor Who. Many of the stories are considered "canon" now, too, although a bunch of the 8th Doctor stories have to be "alternative-universed off" after the events of the 8th Doctor novel series.

There's also some interesting spin-offs in there, such as Gallifrey (which tells the story of the Time War that destroyed Gallifrey from the point of view of Gallifrey, rather than the Doctor*) and a Dalek Empire series.

In a lot of ways, the 8th Doctor is probably the most interesting, story-wise. Not being bound by the limits of television and budget, the writers had free reign to do almost anything they wanted, so the stories got really good (although there's a few stinkers, too).

The BBC has made available several novels for free across the Internet, which is brilliant. Especially given that one of those novels is Lungbarrow, which is probably the second-most important novel linking the old TV series to the new.

The most important is probably The Ancestor Cell, a novel in which Gallifrey is not only destroyed, but removed entirely from the timestream so that it never existed at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
The BBC has made available several novels for free across the Internet, which is brilliant.

**goes off to check them out**

StorminNorman wrote:
The most important is probably The Ancestor Cell, a novel in which Gallifrey is not only destroyed, but removed entirely from the timestream so that it never existed at all.

Darn! I was hoping Big Finish would do an audio-series of the Time War. That would have been totally awsome!

On the note of between-TV-episode stories, I've noticed that there are several areas left wide open where, if they wanted to, they could slot in more stories with the ninth incarnation (Christopher Eclesten) and Rose, with or without Captain Jack - particularly between "Boomtown" and "Bad Wolf".

Also, if Big Finish ever got their hands on Christopher Eclesten to do some audio adventures (sometime in the future when he's not such a "hot property") there is, as StorminNorman pointed out, all the adventures the ninth Doctor will have had before the episode "Rose"
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Big Finish's Gallifrey series pretty much is the story of the Time War, as told from Gallifrey's ruling council's perspective. Incidentally, the President of Gallifrey at this point is Romana.
TheHeadSage
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huge Dr Who fan checking in... I'd have to agree with others and say that McCoy is my favorite, followed by Hartnell and T. Baker....

I need to buy a few more Dr Who DVDs...
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:
Personally I like the 7th Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, the best, especially his companion Ace.
Ace was the cutest companion the Doctor ever had Laughing . Leela comes in second and Romana (the second one) a distant third. Bille Piper's Rose is quite sexy though Twisted Evil .
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheHeadSage wrote:

I was always complaining that $35 per story ($50 for a double-disc one) was too much. However, my younger brother (age 9) got "The Dalek Invasion Of Earth" on DVD on Monday (that's a $50 one, six parts, and is series 2, story arc 2). I had read about a new restoration process the restoration team have... **goes off to dig up the page** ...ah, here it is... VidFIRE, which processes the old films to look like video recordings....

Ah, I'd better explain - Until around 1968, Doctor Who, as with most BBC TV shows of that time, was recorded on 400 hortizontal line video tape. Today's televisions have 625 horizontal lines. (that's per frame, 25 frames per second). Furthuremore, once broadcast, the videotape was then erased, but not before the programme recorded on it had ben transferred to film. On many old shows from the UK you can see bad jagged edges on objects and people as a result of this.

Anyway, to my point, I'd only seen two parts of this story... all fuzzy with lots of film dirt. The restored and remastered version presented on this DVD looks like a newly recorded TV show that just happens to be in black and white (with dodgy special effects!). So it looks like the extra cost of buying a "Doctor Who" story on DVD ($35 is a lot of money for what is essentially a 4 part 100 minute movie) is going in to making it look as good as it can get!

If you taped this story off the ABC (early 2004) then go out and buy the DVD and do an A-B comparison - the difference will blow you away!
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheHeadSage wrote:

I started buying them, but since I did the prices have gone up in every store I have been to that sells them.

As cool as Doctor Who is I can't pay $40 minimum for each DVD.
TheHeadSage
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^Kat^cassidy^ wrote:
WORDS

I already know about the restoration process. I find it quite remarkable as well and yes the difference is noticable.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my Doctor Who The Beginning Box Set today.

Can't wait to get home from Tafe so I can watch them.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:
Got my Doctor Who The Beginning Box Set today.

Cool! Post back a review if you can! Wanna find out if it's worth it, which it probably is... Also wondering if theyve included the pilot as an extra.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still at tafe so haven't watched any yet but yeah its got the Pilot.

An unedited 35 minute recording plus the 25 minute edited version.

The last episode of The Edge of Destruction also features an Arabic dub as an extra.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been busy so I've only watch half of it.

I'm not good with reviews, plus yeah haven't watched it all but if your a Doctor Who fan then yeah its worth it. I'll try to write up a better review later.

Also on the first dvd there are 4 Dr Who comedy sketches with the extras 3 staring Matt Wallims (the tall guy from Little Britan) and they personally almost make it worth buying the box set just for those sketches.
Bardan
Eikichi Onizuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps it's a little predictable but I say Tom Baker was the best.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, that's a good enough reviw, Personbot Smile Gives us what we need to know without carrying on for half an hour! (If anyone does need to know more details they know where to look I'm sure)
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now this is the Dalek story I've been wanting the most. Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/03/17/30405.shtml

I'd like to get the only Cybermen story that Tom did. I remember that one from my childhood very fondly. Smile (I missed it when it got rerun a while back.)
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will most definetly have to keep an eye out for that
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Genesis of the Daleks is probably the best Dalek story. Invasion of Earth has got nothing on it.
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
*KA-BUMP!*

Now here's something different. The latest DVD release of Doctor Who features the second Doctor (Patrick Troughton) story Invasion in spite of the fact that two parts of this eight part story are missing. They found a neat little way around that: Flash

That's right - Doctor Who's missing episodes are now being animated in Flash by Cosgrove Hall (of Danger Mouse and Noddy fame!). It's....different. It's also good. It works well and is enjoyable to watch.

It's also a step in the right direction. I once suggested that they computer generate the missing episodes on the Doctor Who Restoration Team's forum, though at the time the conclusion was that it would be too expensive to do. That was in late 2000. Times have changed, computers are now more powerful, Flash is effective and relatively cheap (at least for 2D animation). Hopefully one day we'll be able to get the complete Doctor Who TV series. Maybe not exactly as broadcast, but for now it's as good as it'll get.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
From memory, they made these Flash reconstructions available on the BBC website a while back, too.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I heard sometime ago they were planning on doing this. But I didn't know they had actually started.

I found a box set at jbhifi a few months back of Doctor Who with the remaining episodes of the story arcs with missing episodes. It was made up of random episodes from 6 or so different story arcs. I couldn't see a reason for spending money on incomplete stories hopefully they'll re-release it with these flash animations to fill in what was missing.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone who hasn't been following the new series and wish to wait for when ABC broadcast it, then don't read this, as it reveals what's to come at the end of the series... Although, if you're cluey enough, you will figure it out.

The Master, the rogue Time Lord and arch nemesis of the Doctor from the old series, is back!

The way Epsiode 11 ended... I didn't have chills. I was frozen! Holy ****! What a build up.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The episode was pretty awesome, although the season finales always seem to be pretty much the best parts of the series. Nice that this time we get three episodes instead of two making up the finale.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was an awesome episode. The only thing that sucks is 2 more episodes and we have to wait until next year again.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:
It was an awesome episode. The only thing that sucks is 2 more episodes and we have to wait until next year again.

There's still the Christmas special this year, not to mention all the spin offs.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
For anyone who hasn't been following the new series and wish to wait for when ABC broadcast it, then don't read this, as it reveals what's to come at the end of the series... Although, if you're cluey enough, you will figure it out.

The Master, the rogue Time Lord and arch nemesis of the Doctor from the old series, is back!

The way Epsiode 11 ended... I didn't have chills. I was frozen! Holy ****! What a build up.

I'd been waiting for that since they first announced that they were restarting the franchise, and I was not disappointed Very Happy
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
EbonP wrote:
[..]

There's still the Christmas special this year, not to mention all the spin offs.

I find Torchwood to be pretty crap though ... at least the first few eps of it that I watched.
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
(Basil Hall Chamberlain, 1904)
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
I find Torchwood to be pretty crap though ... at least the first few eps of it that I watched.

Yeah, compared to Doctor Who it was kinda crap. Maybe Sarah Jane Adventures will be better...
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EbonP wrote:
[..]

Yeah, compared to Doctor Who it was kinda crap. Maybe Sarah Jane Adventures will be better...

Torchwood has it moments but overall it was pretty crap from what I've seen. I don't think I'm going to bother with Sarah Jane adventures.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have got to be pooping me!

Jack is the Face of Bo?!!

I'm still picking up my jaw after that little revelation. The whole episode was brilliant, but that just knocked me over for six in all six balls of an over!

And if a brief scene at the end is anything to go by, we may not have seen the last of the Master.

And in regards to Martha...

I just listened to the commentary, and it seems some news on Martha's character will be announced sometime this week.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That final episode of the series was absolutely awesome.

Is it just me, or is the new sereis of Dr Who getting better and better each series? I thought the Cyberman/Dalek invasion of series 2 couldn't be out done but low and behold, it seems crap compared to this series finale.

And the lead into the Xmas special!
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I MISSED IT! No spoilers please, I'm gonna buy the DVD's.[/b]
TheHeadSage
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
RTD needs to be shot into the Sun for that abomination of an episode.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Martha will be back in series four. She'll also be in few episodes of Torchwood. It also appears that the Doctor will have another new companion to travel around with for the bulk of next series.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some parts of the last episode felt somewhat iffy but overall I enjoyed it.

I was just waiting for the Doctor at some point to let out a line like, "The Master has our precious and we wants it back."
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
As someone who's favourite Doctor Who companion is Ace, I think I'm going to really like Martha.
scottish ninja
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Majin Cell wrote:
That final episode of the series was absolutely awesome.

Is it just me, or is the new sereis of Dr Who getting better and better each series? I thought the Cyberman/Dalek invasion of series 2 couldn't be out done but low and behold, it seems crap compared to this series finale.

And the lead into the Xmas special!

Not giving anything away, but I thought it was pretty weak really. Maybe im just getting all wah wah emo about it, but it was far to over the top with "How great is Martha!"

But the christmas special does look great.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just found out Kylie Minogue is going to be in the Christmas Special. And I got this info directly from the BBC's Doctor Who webpage, so it isn't a joke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/07/02/46771.shtml
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I heard that on the news a few months back. At least she isn't lined up to be his new companion or anything.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
and the new companion for season 4 has been announced it's Catherine Tate (the bride from last year).

I'm not sure if i'll be able to stand her for a whole series.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I couldn't stand her for one episode. Thankfully Martha will still be there for some of it, so it's not all bad.

Is Tennant coming back? I heard he was going to leave at the end of this season.
EbonP
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
and the new companion for season 4 has been announced it's Catherine Tate (the bride from last year).

Well that sucks Sad

Page 1 of 24

Jump to: