Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!
Author
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, man! I just watched the Children in Need special, and it was Great!! Eight minutes well spent! Very Happy

For those who are wondering when abouts in the continuity this all takes place, it takes place after the Doctor says Goodbye to Martha and just before the Titanic crashes into the Tardis.
It's so well done, they even account for Davison's age, by saying that having the two doctors in the same timeline has prematurely aged him a mite and that once the two timelines are split, that he'll go back to being younger when he returns to his own timeline.
It's fun and funny. The banter between the two is hysterical. It's also a fitting tribute to the old series and Peter Davison. It was also a heartfelt fan thank you from Tennant to Davison, who grew up watching Peter Davison play the Doctor.

Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgive the double post, but the BBC and the official Doctor Who webpage have finally confirmed the return of Billie Piper as Rose Tyler.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/11/27/51031.shtml
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
whut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jimbo
Kuu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
But how rose is stuck in parrawell universe with her family ?.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jimbo wrote:
But how rose is stuck in parrawell universe with her family ?.

I don't know, but it's gonna be a lot of fun finding out.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well she still had her Tardis key when she was transported to the other universe, yeah? Maybe it has something to do with that.
I liked Rose (kinda), but they left her behind, and I don't particularly like seeing characters come back after they've been told they can "Never return, not ever.."
^Kat^cassidy^
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where's the Master? Sure, he's been killed but he was a Time Lord with a TARDIS of his own, so surely it's possible for him and The Doctor to meet up again. That's the trouble with being a Time Lord: Your enemy is defeated but you never know when you'll see them again.....
Jimbo
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess it will be explain once season 4 screens down here we will find out. Should be very interesting how rose meets up with the doc again.
Rena
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh, I'm dreading when Donna Noble comes back into it..
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rena wrote:
Ahh, I'm dreading when Donna Noble comes back into it..

Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. They played off each other so well in "The Runaway Bride." And it'd be interesting to see how black and blue the Doctor gets when he's running at the mouth at a million miles an hour. Smile Razz
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spoilers for the third season. Also probably quite incomprehensible if you haven't watched those eps.

So, what did everyone think about the season finale? I just watched it then (I missed it first time round because of uni and work - all except the last fifteen minutes of 'Last of the Time Lords')

And yes, people couldn't help but spoil me about it, even when I told them not to. (Oh, The Master comes back, he gets married, he used the chameleon arch, the Toclafane are human beings) But despite all that, I enjoyed every minute of it. Now, I'm a big fan of The Master, and I've been waiting for him to come back since 'Rose', but even I was suprised about the new take on his character.

Here, for the first time, I think we really see how twisted The Master really is. He has the charm of his previous incarnations, but never, before now, have we realised what a dangerous and frightening man he is. The polish on his character in the previous series has been removed revealing a psychopath. His manipulation of The Doctor. I'd agree with most fans, this episode is defiantly one of the best episodes yet, BUT it got to me. The black humour at times did get to me, particularly in the earlier scenes. (The scariest use of a pop song ever) And while Simms and Jacobi's performances were excellent and these eps will go down on my list as some of the best Doctor Who eps ever, I still think, like so many fans, that it might have gone too far.

And knowing everything that I did, I couldn't help but gasp in horror at the revelation about the Toclafane. While a nice twist, it does feel a bit too much for Doctor Who, particularly. The Master's treatment of The Doctor was equally horrific and disturbing and the. I will agree that these episodes did go far and while testing boundaries and limits has always been a tradition of the series back since the Hartnell days (e.g. the climax to The Dalek's Master Plan), here it felt much. I love Doctor Who and I do accept it in part as a horror series

The resolution? Could have been a lot better if there was some foreshadowing. Given that in Doomsday, it felt that RTD was trying to compensate for every possible plot point, this felt disappointing. It wasn’t as bad as The Parting of the ways because there were some (albeit half-hearted) foreshadowing of it. But not enough in my opinion. The 'rewind' didn't annoy me though, because it felt logical and in line with the tone of the story.

I'm glad though that RTD has come out and said that this is not going to be the permeant state of the series and that the series is going back to the fun spirit that we all know and love. 'Cause, it wouldn't be any other science fiction franchise without it. Doctor Who can have,

I love the way we found out more about The Doctor and The Master. Sure, to an extent, you can argue that it contradicts previously established mythos, but they were kept quite mysterious. And The Doctor's decision to leave Galifery is given a sad twist. Very Peter Pan-ish. (Although, why did he take Susan? Was he worried that she would end up like The Master?)

What did I also love? Hearing Dolegardo's voice in 'Utopia'. (Right from the climax of The Daemons.) and having Jack back, as well as so many things.

I started watching Scream of the Shalka.I wouldn't have minded if this had become the 'new' Who. (Spoiler in the next sentence) I love The Master and The Doctor travelling together. Stroke of genius. And so many elements from it turn up in the new series. Mind you, Grant is a bit iffy as The Doctor.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wasn't a huge fan of this latest version of the Master, he went from being someone who was completely apathetic about humanity (only killed them if they were in his way) to being psychotic. It's like they missed the 'point' of the Master.

His single mindedness was gone, replaced with childish revenge.

I was also hoping they would have got the Cliff Simon who played Ba'al in Stargate SG1 to play the Master, first time I saw that character I could not help but draw the comparison.... he pulls off the whole "evil without maliciousness" very well.
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagane_Gir wrote

Quote:
I liked Rose (kinda), but they left her behind, and I don't particularly like seeing characters come back after they've been told they can "Never return, not ever.."

I disagree. When I was watching the old series, I always wanted The Doctor to go back and visit his old companions. *Sniff* Jamie.

Hmm...but if Rose is coming back, could it also mean more Cybermen? (Please Russel!) Though, I had similar grips with their first string of episodes, as I did with the last three episodes of this season. On the otherhand, I'd like Russ and co. to end the season with an original villan.

Hmmm...Rose is probably going to be a lot older too. I wonder how they'll work that in.

Viking wrote

Quote:
I wasn't a huge fan of this latest version of the Master, he went from being someone who was completely apathetic about humanity (only killed them if they were in his way) to being psychotic. It's like they missed the 'point' of the Master.

I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't pushed so far. To me, in the very least, these eps feel way out of whack with what Doctor Who is. (Or what it means to me.)

Personbot wrote

Quote:
I don't think I'm going to bother with Sarah Jane adventures.

I am. It's recieved good reviews in the UK and I think it'll be more in touch with it's parent show then Torchwood ever could be. As much as I'm an adult fan and like the adult side of Who, I think a kid's spin-off is more in touch with the show then an adult oriented one like Torchwood.

*Sigh* Only three eps in 2009. But this show is so good, that I think everyone who works on it needs a break.
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Karade wrote:
Hagane_Gir wrote

Quote:

I disagree. When I was watching the old series, I always wanted The Doctor to go back and visit his old companions. *Sniff* Jamie.

I'm not entirely sure about the fates of any of the old Doctor's companions, but with a character like Rose who is sent to another dimension, and the Doctor sounds 110% sure she can never return, that's something I don't like.
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
True, it does weaken the emotional impact of 'Doomsday' quite a bit, but I'm more then ready to forgive RTD for that to see Rose again.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it's worth, there's only ever been one companion who's died while travelling with the Doctor.

They've fairly deliberately avoided tragic circumstances for companion leaving until the new series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, there's been three. But to do that, I'll be spoiling one of The Doctor's great early adventures, so I'll say no more.

Um, I'm not trying to be rude or anything StorminNorman. Gomen ne.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone who has doubts about Torchwood had do well to start watching the new series. The first two episodes are really good.
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any word on the Sarah Jane Adventures screening on the ABC yet? (I love my TV without commercials. *Huggles DVD collection*)
Jimbo
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doubt we see season 2 of torchwood since chanel ten bought it might play it on they new hd10 chanel. Am interested to see the new sarah jane smith show see how it pans out.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Karade wrote:
Actually, there's been three.

Well, Katarina and Sara Kingdom hardly count as companions, and Kamelion was probably the second-biggest crime committed by 1980s Doctor Who.

So perhaps it's best to say that only one significant companion has died during their tenure with the Doctor.
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jimbo wrote

Quote:
Doubt we see season 2 of torchwood since chanel ten bought it might play it on they new hd10 chanel. Am interested to see the new sarah jane smith show see how it pans out.

That's if they decide to play it all. Given that the first season went from 9:30 to midnight doesn't exactly aspire a lot of confidence that they'll play the second series.

Darth Talis wrote:

Quote:
Anyone who has doubts about Torchwood had do well to start watching the new series. The first two episodes are really good.

I hope so. It'll be intresting to see how they work Martha in.

StorminNorman wrote

Quote:
Kamelion was probably the second-biggest crime committed by 1980s Doctor Who.

As for me, I try to forget that eighties Who ever happened.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's honestly not all bad. While you can skip most of Davison and Baker, McCoy is probably the best of the old Doctors. While his first couple of stories are a bit naff (Time And The Rani is easily one of the worst stories ever), things pick up from about Dragonfire onwards. It's no coincidence that this is the story where Mel leaves and Ace shows up.

The final Davison story, Caves of Androzani is also one of the five best stories ever, and certainly the best "regeneration story". Terminus and especially Mawdryn Undead are worth checking out (especially Mawdryn, as it's a rare case of Doctor Who actually dealing with time paradoxes).

Baker was an interesting Doctor, let down by poor writing and BBC politics. If his third season had gone ahead as planned, it would have redeemed the crimes from his second and first seasons. That said, he has a couple of good stories (Frontios, for example).

I think that we'd remember 1980s Doctor Who more fondly if something like the Cartmel Master Plan had come into play sometime during Davison's reign, instead of during McCoy's reign. There's some interesting ideas that get played out during the era, but they just aren't executed very well. Peri is probably the best example of this: she had potential to be a really interesting character, but no one ever gave her a chance (except in Androzani, where she puts in her best performance in Doctor Who).

Once McCoy and Aldred take over, though, 1980s Doctor Who got really good. Stuff like Curse of Fenric, the absolutely amazing Ghost Light and Survival all stand among the very best of Doctor Who.

McCoy, incidentally, is my favourite Doctor.
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Quote:

It's honestly not all bad

Must forget Meglos. Must forget Meglos....

I like Baker as well and it's a shame he was given such a poor treatment by the BBC. I agree with you on Peri as well, she had so much potential. Man, back when I read the 'Terror of the Vevoids' novelisation back in primary school, her death shocked me. (And then the dumb twist iriked me and irks me still) As for Ace, I don't mind her, but I hate what the NAs did to her. (And apart from 'Matrix', I think Mike Tucker and Robert Perry did a much better job developing her character in their novels. How are Big Finish treating her these days?).

I haven't seen all of Androzani, but I loved what I've seen of it. I agree with most fans - arguably the best cliffhanger in the series is in episode one. I like Fenric, but I think it's a little overrated.

Mind you, Time and Rani is wonderfully silly and enjoyable for all the wrong reasons before part three.

I'm still mixed about some of the ideas I've heard about Season 28 though. 'Lungbarrow' sounds like a great story, but it never seemed to fit Doctor Who for me and in a round-about way, I'm glad that so far the new series seems to be rejecting it. Still, one of these days, I do plan to read it

As for my faviourite Doctor, it's so hard to choose. I say Troughton, Tom, Hartnell, Colin and Tennant Jamie is my faviourite companion, as well as Vicki, Romana II and K-9.

New topic everyone: what monster from the old series would you love to turn up in the new series? Personally, I'd love to see the Silurians and the Sea Devils get another run. And for me, there can always be more Cybermen. (The 'real' Cybermen turn up maybe? Pitted agasint their alternate univerise coutnerparts?)

Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Krynoids would be cool but yes, the Silurans return would be nice.

Oh, and the Ice Warriors would be a good addition to the new series too.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Karade wrote:
Must forget Meglos. Must forget Meglos....

For what it's worth, Meglos is late Tom Baker, and doesn't really count as "80s" Doctor Who.

Quote:
As for Ace, I don't mind her, but I hate what the NAs did to her.

I think the New Adventures play out well for Ace, although Bernice turns out to be the real star of the show.

Quote:
I haven't seen all of Androzani, but I loved what I've seen of it. I agree with most fans - arguably the best cliffhanger in the series is in episode one. I like Fenric, but I think it's a little overrated.

One of the brilliant things about Androzani is that all its cliffhangers are brilliant. That first one just shocks you. You're left wondering "how will they get out of this?"

Quote:
Mind you, Time and Rani is wonderfully silly and enjoyable for all the wrong reasons before part three.

I can't really agree with this. Pip & Jane Baker are the worst thing about 1980s Doctor Who. Well, outside of Mel.

Quote:
I'm still mixed about some of the ideas I've heard about Season 28 though. 'Lungbarrow' sounds like a great story, but it never seemed to fit Doctor Who for me and in a round-about way, I'm glad that so far the new series seems to be rejecting it. Still, one of these days, I do plan to read it

Lungbarrow is probably one of the two or three most significant New Adventures stories. It's important because it completes the Doctor's backstory, and gives as the best insight ever into Gallifrey society.

It's also the real, final confirmation of the success of the Cartmel Master Plan.

Personally, I'd love to see The Ancestor Cell made into a TV story, but given that its events form the backstory for the new series (it's the novel in which Gallifrey is actually destroyed), it may be difficult to do so.

Then again, it's not confirmed that the Time War from the 8th Doctor novels is the same one the TV show refers to. That said, the TV show hasn't contradicted anything in the novels yet.

Quote:
As for my faviourite Doctor, it's so hard to choose. I say Troughton, Tom, Hartnell, Colin and Tennant

Aside from McCoy, I've always loved Tom Baker (who is, lets face it, the Doctor to many people) and Tennant is really great as well. I'd have loved to have seen a McGann series that was actual Doctor Who (instead of the canon-hating movie), too. Especially if it had the writers from the 8th Doctor novels.

Quote:
Jamie is my faviourite companion, as well as Vicki, Romana II and K-9.

Ace and Leela are my two favourite companions. I always felt that Leela's character forced writers to think really hard about how they handled her, which lead to a series of really excellent stories, particularly Robots of Death and the absolutely amazing Talons of Weng-Chiang.

Romana II was good too, primarily because she and Tom Baker had such good chemistry (they were in love at the time). The only downside is that their best story (Shada) was never completed for TV.

(Shada is also interesting because it was written by Douglas Adams, and also something of an early example of the kind of story that wouldn't come about again until the McCoy era.)

Quote:
New topic everyone: what monster from the old series would you love to turn up in the new series?

I'd love to see another story set on Peladon. Not really a monster, but that place has so much potential for a new story.

I'd suggest the Sontarans, but they're pretty much guaranteed to show up at some point (its already been implied that their battle with the Rutans has been seriously affected by the Time War).

How about another trip to meet the Tharils? Warrior's Gate was probably the best story from the later Tom Baker era.

I'd be interested to see how modern Doctor Who handles the Guardians, too. Or perhaps the Celestial Toymaker.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The recent episode of Torchwood, "To The Last Man", has re-enforced my opinion that this new season is a step up over the previous one. It's been more emotive, more fun, funnier, and lot more enjoyable.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree that this new season is far better then the first one.

I just really wish they would change their stupid car. Its not very top secret or stealthy or anything if you're driving around in a big black 4 wheel drive with flashing blue lights and Torchwood written on the side.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:

I just really wish they would change their stupid car. Its not very top secret or stealthy or anything if you're driving around in a big black 4 wheel drive with flashing blue lights and Torchwood written on the side.

Old Lady from Episode 1 wrote:

Bloody Torchwood.

Smile Laughing
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSkSxx-Mmw

ドクター!!
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They redid the music as well?
That was almost painful.
Majin Cell
Michelle Chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounded awfully ..... gay.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Torchwood episode 4 was also good...

...and quite socially relevant, when you consider the team is chasing down a gang of men who are carving up a giant alien whale(It looks like a whale, and it's implied that it's a sea creature of some sort.) and selling the meat, what with the current row over Japanese whaling.

But, social relevance aside, it was so cool to see Rhys get in on the action. Not only finding out about Torchwood, but also helping them to infiltrate the slaughter house the very large beastie is being kept, thus allowing him to bridge the gap between him and Gwen. The last scene was especially emotive when She told Jack off when he ordered her to wipe Rhys' memory.

The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Trailer http://youtube.com/watch?v=L33XBnt_KZs
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Martha in Torchwood is very cool.
However...

HOLY ****!!! OWEN GOT KILLED!!!
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tonight's episode is a good mix of serious and very funny so far.

I notice they are mentioning Unit more and more in this series, I wonder if they are building up to something (possibly a third spinoff?).

*laughs*

One of the better lines i've heard recently

I searched for "I shall walk the earth and my hunger shall know no bounds", but I kept getting redirected to Weightwatchers"
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished watching Part One of The Pirate Planet. Horrible name, but what a great story Smile A nice andiote to the rather banal Ribos Operation. If the quality keeps up, it's in the running to be not just one of my faviourite Doctor Who stories, but perhaps THE favourite.

Love the Romana/Doctor sparing scenes (particularly, although I still prefer Lalla over Mary any other day. Love K-9's remark ("Because she's prettier then you.") and The Doctor's reaction. Let it be said: seventies Who and what we're getting now are my faviourite eras. (Don't worry Stormin, I'm going to check out those Sylvester years out as soon as I get the chance Smile )

Darth Tallis wrote

The recent episode of Torchwood, "To The Last Man", has re-enforced my opinion that this new season is a step up over the previous one. It's been more emotive, more fun, funnier, and lot more enjoyable.

Werewolfforhire wrote
Tonight's episode is a good mix of serious and very funny so far.

Man, it really looks like I need to give Torchwood a second chance. It's hard to believe that a show which was so bad could turn out to be so good in it's second season (guess RTD's been keeping a closer eye on things). Hope they fired Chris Chibnell. (That would have helped things) Werewolf, I hate you. You live in the U.K., you got Voyage of the Damned before us Wink

Now fans, I am in a dilemma. Given my aversion to eighties Who, I am tempted however to buy The Darvos boxset. I saw a bit of the first ep of Ressurection ages ago, and while hardly Doctor Who at it's best, it was still fairly entertaining. Why do fans hate it so much? Intrested in , (although my fierce hatred of Earthshock has put me off Saward's stories). By the way, does anyone know what Big Finish stories are included in the boxset? I'd love to get my hands on Jubliee, not in the least because of portions of it appear in Dalek. Hope it's worth the price tag.

Any word on The Sarah Jane Adventures being aired (hopefully on the ABC)?
Jimbo
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished ep 8 of second season of torch wood much better season this time round.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr Who season 4 starts airing on BBC April 6.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds good Smile
I've got to watch tonights episode of torchwood (they showed one on BBC 2 Wednesday and Friday this week from what I can see), it's certainly better this season than last, I guess in part they've found their feet and aren't trying quite so hard to make it more adult than Dr Who.

I can guess what the cover of next Week's Radio Times will be if doctor who is starting in two weeks or so Wink
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Giant wrote:
Dr Who season 4 starts airing on BBC April 6.

I... didn't think we were getting a new season until next year?
Inniss 1428
Kagami Hiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
I... didn't think we were getting a new season until next year?

BBC, meaning we prolly won't have it till next year Sad

It has been a year since it the last season aired in the UK.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't think they were making a new season of Doctor Who until next year?
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah! You're thinking of next year, when they're only making three specials as apposed to a full thirteen episode series. Then to return to a thirteen episode format in 2010.
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote

Quote:
I didn't think they were making a new season of Doctor Who until next year?

Well, we'll probably get the new episodes in July just like last year.

In the last episode of Doctor Who Confidential (from series 3) Russel T. Davies did say that he's planning to bring back yet another great villain.

My guess: The Black Guardian or Darvos. I'm actually opting for the former (although it'll be interesting to see how he's handled), because as much as I love the pepper pots, we really need a season without them.

The new trailer for series four should be up tomorrow.

Series four trailer (The one which has been up since December)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/s4_preview?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1h

Doctor Who Confidential Series 3 Episode 13:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/313_vodcast?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

Last edited by Karade on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Karade
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Accidentally double posted. Laughing
SoundOnly
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you watch the trailer at the end of Voyage of the damned and and the cinema trailer from the UK. you will learn that the new/old bad guys are the Sontarans*

*however you spell the damn name
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, man. Just finished watching episode 13 of Torchwood.

I cried when both Owen and Tosh died at the end of the episode. I think it got me more when Toshiko's message played after her she had been logged out of the system by Ianto. That got me.

The timing of this episode seems to be well planned. A sad ending in Torchwood before going back into a fun, upbeat beginning of the new series of Doctor Who, which will start this weekend.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post, but... Oh, man. The first episode was fun and all, but the ending... the ending!!

Spoiler lead in...
Still Spoiling...
And gone...

Cheeky ********!!
Anyone who's been following the rumour mill knew she was coming back, but to have it shown this soon?!!
Cheeky ********!!!
Hagane_Gir
Gally

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watched it

First of all. hilarious scene with Donna and the Doctor mouthing to each other while crazy lady watches.
And Rose said she was gonna work for Torchwood, so I'm now assuming they got some more super dimensional crap for her. Why she's going back and forth though is interesting, I guess.

I always love the opening episodes, I find...

Page 3 of 24

Jump to: