Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Doctor Who - Malcolm Tucker is the Doctor?!
Author
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guess it was pointless of me to do it as a spoiler, then?
Schmavid
Eikichi Onizuka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am both intrigued to hear the Doctor's name and at the same time worried that hearing it could change the series. Although it could just be a random Galifreyan word we hear spoken that is never translated.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm guessing it will be talked about, maybe whispered in some people's ears, but the audience won't hear it. This is probably where River learns The Doctor's name.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moffat has said that the series 7 finale will wrap up several story arcs over the last 3 seasons.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clara temporarily learns the Doctor's name in a book about the Time War.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Regarding to your spoiler YES, I was the History of the Last Great Time War, but since the Doctor went through a time fissure to warn his past self, so it's like that future never existed and so Clare will never remember his name or the fact that the Doctor told her that he's was puzzled about her past lives.

Also the Doctors name is something that shouldn't be said...but we don't know WHY?

Journey to the Centre of the Tardis was certainly an episode where we finally get to see inside the Tardis, which is something you don't see very often.
After seeing it it's very possible to get lost inside the Tardis...it's the biggest ship EVER. Razz

Next episode "The Crimson Horror" has guest star Diana Rigg a.k.a The Avengers Mrs Peel.
I have to say I haven't seen Diana Rigg in a long time...but then again she still does act (which I looked her up on wiki), but I just haven't seen the shows she's been doing lately, which is why I haven't seen her in awhile.

I'm starting to have a liking to Clara Oswald and will be interesting to find out her mystery.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just pulled this picture from Blogtor Who. A bit spoilery. Click at your own discretion.

I...! Um...?! What~?!

Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
I just pulled this picture from Blogtor Who. A bit spoilery. Click at your own discretion.

I...! Um...?! What~?!

That's a worryingly familiar piece of clothing. And hairstyle for that matter... which is odd since the original owner of said hair has rather less of it these days and what there is left is white.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most unlikely photobomb of all time. Of. All. TIME.

EDIT - but it does fit in with the plot synopsis for Name of the Doctor that I've read. The fact Richard E. Grant is back as the Great Intelligence in the finale only supports the synopsis.

Knight of L-sama wrote:
That's a worryingly familiar piece of clothing. And hairstyle for that matter... which is odd since the original owner of said hair has rather less of it these days and what there is left is white.

Not to mention he'd be hard pressed to fit in the outfit again.

Also, "worryingly"?
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Said photobomber had a rather more volatile temper than most of his compatriots.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doctor.. Final... Mind Blown... Holy ****!
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What an epic finale. Hype for the 50th is now on.

So the rumours for John Hurt's charcter were true, awesome.
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So many questions!
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great reveal. Can't wait for the 50th.

It did follow the plot synopsis that I read a few weeks back. It didn't include that ending, though; it just said that Clara reappeared.

Random coincidence; November is the 25th anniversary of Oh My Goddess!

EDIT - So I've been reading responses around the internet. It's thrown up some interesting possibilites.

The biggest gap in the Doctor's life is between the movie and Rose. It's never been made clear exactly which Doctor ended the Time War; the best guess up till now was the McGann Doctor ended the war then regenerated (or regenerated shortly before ending the war) into the Eccleston Doctor.

Now it's plausible that there was a period so dark in the original Ninth Doctor's life that he went off the deep end towards the end of the war, and went beyond what the name "Doctor" stood for. As a result, all future incarnations disowned him, and the Eccleston Doctor took to regarding himself as the Ninth Doctor.*

Runmour has it McGann will be in a mini episode before the 50th; allegedly it will feature his regeneration. My guess is that it will be into the Hurt Doctor.

It has been pointed out that the entirety of the new series has pretty much focused on the Doctor's guilt over the Time War. If it was the Hurt Doctor who "pulled the trigger", so to speak, and ended the war, then the upcoming anniversary special may be the Tennant and Smith Doctors coming to terms with his actions.

Since Eccleston turned down an appearance in the special, we can only guess as to what his role would have entailled. It undoubtedly wouln't have been a simple end-of-story regenerated-Doctor appearance. It may have involved that, but either there was no Tennant Doctor planned, or what was Eccleston's role was either scrapped or split between the others. Option three (or four): it's a completely different story. Just throwing that out there.

* Whether by coincidence or design, this has be foreshadowed (postshadowed? Time-wimey). "Three options. One, I let the Star Whale continue in unendurable agony for hundreds more years. Two, I kill everyone on this ship. Three, I murder a beautiful, innocent creature as painlessly as I can. And then I find a new name 'cause I won't be The Doctor anymore." - The Doctor, The Beast Below

Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, yes, nice name drop by Simeon/The Great Intelligence in describing some of the Doctor's future nicknames. The Valeyeard.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
The biggest gap in the Doctor's life is between the movie and Rose. It's never been made clear exactly which Doctor ended the Time War; the best guess up till now was the McGann Doctor ended the war then regenerated (or regenerated shortly before ending the war) into the Eccleston Doctor.

The Time War is documented in the 8th Doctor novels. There's an entire arc that deals with it (Alien Bodies through to The Ancestor Cell). Unfortunately the canonicity of the 8th Doctor novels has never been fully confirmed

In related news, BBC Books have republished a selection of Doctor Who novelisations for the 50th anniversary. Interestingly, most of these are original adventures from the Virgin/8th Doctor eras, rather than TV novelisations (although the Remembrance of the Daleks novelisation is one of the books). Disappointingly, The Ancestor Cell is not one of the novels in the series. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm Interesting theories The Tragic Man.
But I'm not a follower Doctor Who novels...but in 'The Name of the Doctor' final episode was sure a mind blown episode that needs to be watched more than once...and I'm lucky I recorded it so I can re-watch it again.

The final episode explains Clara's story but it did leave it open for next season as to find out who the mystery man is...well we know who it is ( John Hurt as the Doctor who broke the promise in his name), but what, when and and how did this happen won't be explained until the 50th episode.

As for the Doctor's nicknames...well I'm no expert at knowing them but someone may pick up there meanings such as the Valeyard which I haven't even heard of and yet I have been watching Doctor who for years and yet I don't recall this nickname.
If someone here knows what all the nicknames relate to then please explain them.

::Possible theories::

I also have been seeing talks of that John Hurt is inbetween the 8th and 9th doctors regeneration cycle which was a big gap in the doctor who series between the old series and the new.

Another theory
But to me John Hurt sounds like the Doctor who broke the promise to keep his name a secret and sounds like consequences for doing it.

Last edited by SS3 Son Goku on Mon May 20, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
As for the Doctor's nicknames...well I'm no expert at knowing them but someone may pick up there meanings such as [spoiler removed] which I haven't even heard of and yet I have been watching Doctor who for years and yet I don't recall this nickname.
If someone here knows what all the nicknames relate to then please explain them.

The Valeyard was the prosecuting official in 1986's fourteen-part, season-spanning trial of the Doctor in The Trial of a Time Lord. The Master clarified The Valeyard's identity as a future representation of the Doctor in Part Thirteen. The Doctor took great delight in refering to him throught the trial by various belittling names, such as Brickyard.

Although spoiler tags aren't really necessary for this info, I guess.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess it's because I don't remember the nicknames because it's been years since I've seen the old Doctor who series.

AH yes I do recall an episode of the Trial of a Timelord where the Doctor was on Trial.
But that was the '6th Doctor' (Colin Baker)...YES I remember NOW...it's been ages since I've seen that.
But funny to say I that part was lengthy and a bit of a confusing trial.
But I was young when I saw it so my memory of is foggy and also the last time I saw it was on ABC television, and the last time the old series was on TV was back in the 90's.
The only way you can watch the old series is to buy the dvd's of the series.

I might re-read that episode synopsis and find more about The Valeyard since it's describes as between incarnations

But it's starting to become clear the more I research into it.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aaawwww...
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darth Tallis wrote:
Aaawwww...

Holy crap, im gonna miss matt smith's doctor. Damn those rumours were true that matt smith will be leaving at the end of the xmas special.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, that was unexpected.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's a shame. Matt Smith played a really good Doctor.

Now let the speculation begin as to who the new Doctor will be. (Assuming the series doesn't get extra timey-wimey and follow John Hurt's not-Doctor for a while.)
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^That... would be interesting. They could start it off with a regenration from McGann, if he is indeed an incarnation between McGann and Eccleston. I wonder if they'd call the show "Not-Doctor Who"! Very Happy
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Well, that was unexpected.

Not really. Smith has been hinting for a while that he'd be leaving after the 50th anniversary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Melbourne Mew Mew
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bookmakers are already placing odds on who will be the next Doctor.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course they are.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stephen Mangan would make a fantastic Doctor.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only a reasonably related note to the thread:

Does anyone here know if ABC released the complete season sets of 2005 onwards of Doctor Who in plastic DVD cases? I want to buy some while it's cheap because I've developed an interest in it, but I don't really like the big clunky cardboard digipacks I have previously seen them in.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, 1-4 have been rerelaesed in single-width cases in slipcovers. I think the specials DVD set is still digipack. Series 5 onwards are also digipacks for the DVD sets, I think. All BD sets however are single-width cases in slipcovers.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Yeah, 1-4 have been rerelaesed in single-width cases in slipcovers. I think the specials DVD set is still digipack. Series 5 onwards are also digipacks for the DVD sets, I think. All BD sets however are single-width cases in slipcovers.

Neat, I guess I'll pick it up if I'm still enjoying season 1 a few more episodes in (I just don't recall really enjoying the later more recent episodes but I've decided to start the show properly and I'm enjoying season 1 thus far but I am treading VERY carefully to avoid getting ahead of myself and buying seasons that I might not enjoy. granted one of the seasons I don't recall liking episodes I've seen of is 6. And I started the show so I could watch 6 because Amy Pond is amazing)
Thanks.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Word is that the role's been offered to Rory Kinnear. Apparently some bookies have stopped taking bets.
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sylontack wrote:
Only a reasonably related note to the thread:

Does anyone here know if ABC released the complete season sets of 2005 onwards of Doctor Who in plastic DVD cases? I want to buy some while it's cheap because I've developed an interest in it, but I don't really like the big clunky cardboard digipacks I have previously seen them in.

Since posting this I have watched the first 4 seasons.
Oh my god I am drowning in Rose Tyler feels. Oh my god these feels. AFFSAHSMDHFSDFEDC
Also I loathe the way season 4 ended. I mean it was pretty decent for the most part.
But the way they just brushed off Donna was a bit irritating.
And the way they treated Rose and the Fake Doctor. That was just... ugh. That was a complete insult to the audience and the character.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sylontack wrote:

Don't worry, Donna gets a significant minor role in The End of Time.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a fun period to be a Doctor Who fan. Very Happy
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
50th anniversity to be shown worldwide at the same time.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/british-tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a501432/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-to-be-simulcast-worldwide-to-avoid-leaks.html

Also it will be 90mins long.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ABC is simulcasting the Doctor Who Live program, intruducing the Twelfth Doctor, at 4am EST on Monday. And with the 50th also being simulcast... To misquote the Tom Baker/Big Finish slogan, "it's 1993, all over again."

Instead this time, I'll be setting the alarm so I wake up and watch it, rather than set the VCR.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peter Capaldi Is the Doctor. The punters were right.

Last edited by The Tragic Man on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peter Capoldi (sp?) as the new Doctor.

[edit]
Just beaten :p

The actual special itself was reasonably interesting with some of the old actors giving opinions/their favourite doctors etc.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had "is the Doctor" already typed just as they were announcing. Very Happy
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well planned Smile
I suddenly remembered this thread as they were saying "and the new doctor is.." Wink

It'll be interesting to see how he takes it, as he's a quite different actor (both in look and style I think) to the last few.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching it live like right now!!!

Were going back to an older doctor this time.
I will take time getting use to Peter being the new doctor.
But I do wonder how much of a Doctor character he will be this time.
eg.
Some Doctors in the past like Matt Smith have been a bit eccentric and kooky.
But then the Older and wiser Doctors in the past did have a bit of a kooky side to them aswell at times when they were playing around and having fun and not being all that serious until things got too dangerous for him and his companion.

But Peter could be more wiser Doctor this time round and not so eccentric...but who's to say how he's going to act until we seen him...but it will be exciting to see how it all goes down.

But it funny I've been look at Peter Capaldi's acting background he was actually in Torchwood - "Children of Earth" and yet I can't remember him doing Torchwood since it's been awhile since I've seen the Children of Earth episodes.
He also was in Doctor Who episode 'The Fires of Pompeii'...so it's funny that we've seen him before in Doctor Who and Torchwood but playing different characters.
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor. Good choice.

The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
But it funny I've been look at Peter Capaldi's acting background he was actually in Torchwood - "Children of Earth" and yet I can't remember him doing Torchwood since it's been awhile since I've seen the Children of Earth episodes.

He was John Frobisher - the main non-Torchwood character dealing with the aliens. He killed his family and himself rather than hand his kids over.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CHildren of Earth is great, as is Miracle Day. Definitely check them out if you haven't already.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://12thdoctorbutthurt.tumblr.com
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
http://12thdoctorbutthurt.tumblr.com

LOL I have been reading some of those comments and YES sometimes I do agree with them a little...except for the racist and sexist comments.
Stuff like "Another white dude" or "How come we don't see a woman this time". Laughing

Like some of the more reasonable comments were like: The actor is like too Old or going back to an Older Doctor changes the younger generation of Doctor Who fans.
Which I kinda aggree because there's no sex appeal or attraction to an older man for younger fans.

I think the younger Doctors for example like Paul McGann, David Tennant and Matt Smith were good choices for Doctors because they decided to go with a younger and more attractive Doctor which will add sex appeal to female fans all around.
Christopher Eccleston also was a good choice too because he also looked like a Darker version of the Doctor with a darker attitude and dressed with a dark leather jacket which showed a 'modern Doctor' compared to the other doctors.

So don't get me wrong that going back to an older doctor is going to be all that great to fans, since it will be hard going back to the old ways when the younger actors of the doctors brought in more younger fans than before.

It is very TRUE that I got back into Doctor Who when Christopher became the Ninth Doctor.
But before then I really didn't care much for the series because one series was like five episodes back them.

Doctor Who Old times on ABC:
As you know each of the stories were based on 4 or 5 based episodes until the Doctor moved from one place to another.
So each time he hoped in the Tardis was like a new series of episodes and new planet and sometimes new companions.
But this method was tiring to watch and if you missed 1 out of 4 episodes you were kinda lost a bit with the story.

Doctor Who New times:
One based episode only goes for 45 minutes unless it's a two part episode special.
But at least the episodes now aren't spread out thin like before and were easy to watch.
To times have changed and more a younger generation of fans have started to watch the show.

Now today:
Were going back to an older doctor but will it STILL keep the younger generation of fans...as this can make a dramatic turn to the show all together as only attracting an older audience.
So is choosing an older actor really all that great.

I have no doubt that Peter is a good actor its just...is HE the best choice for the role during this time.
Also the fact we don't know how long Peter will hold out for as the Twelfth Doctor...it could be another two more seasons or so depending and then were back to the drawing board again selecting another doctor.

But I've seen people list there favourite doctors in order from most favourite to least favourite and I have to say it's pretty mixed bag of favourites list.
Some like the old and some like the young and some like the ones who did the role very well.
So its gonna be hard to please everybody for all generations.

One person has quoted on the internet that Peter has the slight look of the Valeyard in him...which is quite amusing. Very Happy
So who's to say how Peter will act as the Doctor.
But we still have John Hurt as the doctor which could be a some sort of valeyard or in between incarnation, but all we know is that he is the doctor who broke 'the promise' of choosing to calling himself 'The Doctor' so we don't know yet how this is all going to all go down.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anniversary title announched: The Day of the Doctor, with a runtime of 75 minutes.

EDIT - so the BBC news page has been taken down. Presumably unintended jump the gun
The Giant
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Missing episodes have returned. Details of how many, and which, episodes to come later in the week.

Talk is, though, the first batch to be announced will be The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.

Page 22 of 24

Jump to: