Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

(inquiry) Are sports nowadays big ads for the codes?

(inquiry) Are sports nowadays big ads for the codes?
Author
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: (inquiry) Are sports nowadays big ads for the codes? Reply with quote
Have you ever watched live sports on TV/Foxtel or went to the games, or listened to it on the radio? Did you know they might be 2-3 hour ads? Sponsored replays, half time shows and also plugs for network programming?

They even did a story on that earlier on Media Watch (before ABC1 decided to go back to being 'our ABC' and brought back the old logo). I don't have an objection to this..for now, but soon, someone/something has to draw the line. Okay, someone had to force Sportsbet to only give us the market odds before the game and during the halftime show to avoid a big spank on the backside from the regulators (aka raising the revenue), but still...how long before we now have to call for example Nine's Friday Night Football by the new name of "Nine's Big Two Hour Friday Night Football Related Commercial"? Or a similar name like this.

PS. I wish we fans could have a say in the next broadcast deal. It's not like we're breaking the rules if we...for example get the Western Reds and Adelaide Rams back in before 2016.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In cricket, you see an ad as soon as the over is finished. It takes away the element of seeing what the captain making the field changes to suit each bowler.

Basically it's telling you to go to the game instead of watching it on tv if you want to enjoy the game fully.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Melbourne Mew Mew
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're feeling dissatisfied with what's going on at the top levels of the game, you can always try going to the local footy (or whatever sport you follow). The matches can be just as entertaining.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Friday Night footy is a bloody nasty joke with 5-7 minutes worth of ads from when it goes to commercial to back to the game. I've wanted to throw my remote control at the tv in frustration as I see ad after ad instead of the game.

Damn you Channel 9. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: