Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Leonard Nimoy - Mr Spock - RIP

Leonard Nimoy - Mr Spock - RIP
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Leonard Nimoy - Mr Spock - RIP Reply with quote
Was surpised that no one had put one up, so I have which is long overdue.

He may have hated being known as Spock for a good part, but he reached millions of people's lives through him. By being in the 2 new realisations of Star Trek, he was able to connect a new generation to the original series and movies like Peter Cullen has done in reprising his role of Optimus Prime in Transformers.

Though he maybe the original Spock, he was given the opportunity to pass the batton and thus renew Star Trek. I loved seeing him and the new younger version together and I'll miss seeing that collaboration in the next one.

Farewell Leonard Nimoy. Rest in Peace.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He was a man of many talents - actor, film director, poet, author, singer, songwriter, voice actor, and narrator.

Even I didn't even know he had that many talents and also in he's early years of acting he had done so many small guest roles in TV shows such as Dragnet and Perry Mason that I almost forgot that he was in the TV series Mission Impossible for at least two seasons in the 70's...well before my time.

But I had only seen the original Star Trek series until Next Generation had become popular.

But he's famous quotes as Mr Spock were "live long and prosper" while giving the Vulcan salute made him famous.
But also he has other famous quotes such as "Fascinating" and "The needs of many outweigh the needs of the few".

In Star Trek Online game the developers Cryptic studios has now made 3 in-game memorials to Leonard Nimoy and he's character Spock.
There's two statues one on Vulcan and one New Romulus, which are statues of Spock giving the Vulcan salute with plaques saying "live long and prosper" and the other plaque saying "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

The 3rd memorial is for all past Star Trek cast and crew members who have passed away.

But I will always remember him as Galvatron in Transformer: The Movie and Sentinel Prime in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

There have been even been tributes to Nimoy even in space with a Astronaut giving the Vulcan salute up in the International Space Station over Nimoy's home town of Boston.

Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy.
Rest in peace.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I must admit I never really remembered Nimoy as being in Mission Impossible despite loving the series when I was young, I guess it shows partly how well he could play a difference character to the one he was best known for, but also how his work as Spock overshadowed so much of his other works.

He was great in Fringe, although he wasn't in it a great deal, and was towards the end looking rather frail.

I never knew until I was reading in one of the obits that he was a private pilot and apparently used to fly all over the U.S. to promote science and encourage children to get into it, something that I think is one of the ways his "real" character showed.

Likewise I don't think I've read anything negative about him.

RIP Mr Nimoy, a very talented and multifaceted man.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: