Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

FMA Volume 7 Subtitling Issue

FMA Volume 7 Subtitling Issue
Author
Noooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: FMA Volume 7 Subtitling Issue Reply with quote
Another FMA Volume, another subtitling problem.

On the english subtitles track, whenever a fullstop is meant to appear, it shows the - sign.

Since there is so many full stops, it's quite the nusance to read.

I'd just like you guys to attempt to fix future copies of this volume, and attempt to sought these subtitling problems out because it has happened a few times now to different severitites.

Anime News Network Australia
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed. You could say it's the reverse of the last couple of DVDs. I'd really like to be able to watch the series (subtitled) and not have to figure out whether the speasker is being cut off or whatever.
VTS
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any response on this one? I remember being rather annoyed by this problem on another DVD (FMA v6 ?)
Does anyone know if it happens with the R1 version?
     I Survived The
____   10 Hours Of   ____
    | M A D G A T E |
    |     4/5.11.06 |
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We're going to look into this for future volumes.

We may go back to fix the older discs if nessecary.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have FMA and GITS: 2nd Gig sitting on my shelves unfinnished.
The last two remaining series I was going to collect from Madman.

I've given up all faith on Madman.After two years of saying they will improve, they havn't.
I have no motivation to finnish these series off anymore.

Such a shame really.
Blind Lawyer
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
I have FMA and GITS: 2nd Gig sitting on my shelves unfinnished.

There are no problems with GITS: 2nd Gig. The problem discs were destroyed and any copy you buy will work. We've worked very, very hard on this fix and it's out now. Ultimately if you decide you will not collect a series you enjoy, that is an unfortunate thing to deprive yourself of!

We continue to work on the faults process and a lot of changes have occurred for the better. Jumping into every thread to naysay as we attempt to gather information and improve services for you, our customers, is counter productive.

We understand there has been disappointment some customers have experienced with imperfect DVDs but please bear in mind:

1) only a small percentage of DVDs are actually affected, and even less are affected in a drastic way. Of course we are treating issues seriously and progress is being made - we have some announcements to make about this very soon.

2) That we have an open forum such as this focusses more attention on the kinds of issues that all DVD producers face, but this does not mean Madman as a producer has a higher rate of faults compared to the industry. The sky is not falling!

3) Because we have direct contact with you, the fans, we have the benefit of direct feedback. At the same time, don't be too quick to panic! There's a process to follow and feedback is part of it, but not every post about a technical issue with a DVD is an indicator of how we're going with quality control.

4) Changes to the faults reporting and production processes were instituted late last year, not over "the last two years" and this continues to improve.

We are very serious about addressing faulty disc issues and quality control overall - what we hope is to obtain constructive feedback to continue to improve.

This is a great resource to benefit improving our products and help you guys get the very best quality you can, and when there is a problem, the help to get it resolved. At the same time, please don't do a disservice to your fellow fans by negatively editorialising or speculating without adding factual information to a post in this forum. Essentially this makes problems seem bigger than they are and can obscure the issue as we try to ascertain the real effects of a problem. The usefulness of this forum as a resource to actually get things done can be compromised by that approach.

Overall there are still steps to be made, and we are making continual developments in all stages of the production process for the better. We've been listening to you guys, and the results are showing through. There will be more to say on this soon. In the meantime, please don't hijack reporting threads! Thank you!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: