Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Evangelion Platinum 06 freezing on ep23?

Evangelion Platinum 06 freezing on ep23?
Author
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Evangelion Platinum 06 freezing on ep23? Reply with quote
Hey,
I recently bought the Platinum volume 06 dvd direct from the Madman site and while I was watching the DC version of episode 23 at around 13:08 to about 13:25 or so the dvd freezes and skips off to about 20 seconds ahead and is fine from there on.

I've tried this in my sony dvd player and my computers dvd rom, I've properly cleaned the disc but still to no affect, the freezing still happens.

Has anyone else had this problem and what do I do?
druid
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh look, sounds like the main problem mentioned in this thread. And you know what? The discs that would hopefully be ready before the boxset release still haven't come in to Madman apparently, over a month since the release of the boxset. I find that interesting. I have a couple of things I'm going to harass them about, but I'm giving them one week after these easter holidays I've had in case they also had time off.

I am meant to be in a list of people to be contacted when I can swap both discs 4 and 6 but I have not yet been contacted. I have contacted them once and they had not received it then and assured me I would be emailed when they're ready to swap.

If this frustrates you, please be vocal. There are several weak links somewhere here, whatever they may be, and they seriously need to be corrected.

Finally, as a matter of interest, from what I can tell the boxset release didn't have the DVD slips of volume 7 fixed either (from the pixellation). I'm not seeing many problems being addressed.
~Eva
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoa, it seems my problem isn't a new one, it's actually quite old.
I'm dissapointed that it still hasn't been fixed, I thought MadMan would've been a bit better with fixing problems with their DVD's.

I will try another PC DVD-ROM but I don't want a temporary fix, I want a fixed volume 6.
Madman, when are you going to fix this problem? can I swap over my DVD?

Thanks for the info man.
druid
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good luck; on my pathetically cheap DVD player it skips ~20 secs. On my PC which has a good quality drive (Plextor, well apparently they're good drives anyway) it actually crashes my computer, using Media Player Classic.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We have fixed this in the platinum boxset, please email order@madman.com.au for a fixed disc.
Blind Lawyer
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sly is quite right, simply email order@madman.com.au with the details if you haven't already. Include your full name and address.

We have had a delay in preparing our mailout for this particular disc - teething problems with the new process - so sorry to those who have been waiting, but we'll have this sorted in the next few working days.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: