Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Lone Wolf and Cub Boxset Problems

Lone Wolf and Cub Boxset Problems
Author
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Lone Wolf and Cub Boxset Problems Reply with quote
I recently purchased the Lone Wolf and Cub Boxset and unfortunately I've found two seperate problems on the discs.

Firstly, on Volume 4 at around 1:13:05 the video completely freezes for a few secs then plays a bit and freezes repeatedly till about 1:13:40. This basically makes it unwatchable during this time. Tested this on a LG DV711P, a Voxson (not sure of model number) and a LG DRD-8160B DVD-ROM.

Second problem was found on Volumes 4, 5 and 6. The main menu screen comes up completely black. The cursor-type-thing that lets you select an option (such as "play feature", "extras" etc.) appears and you can select an option but you can't actually see the text saying what option your selecting. This occured on the LG DV711P and Voxson DVD players, but did not occur when I played the DVD using a DVD-ROM with PowerDVD.
Blind Lawyer
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi EbonP,

We don't appear to have had error reports previously for freezing on Vol 4 of Lone Wolf and Cub, but a fix is forthcoming for the menu glitch, which as you found affects some players but not all.

Could you please email these details to order@madman.com.au and we'll arrange for you to mail in your disc 4 as the freezing is likely a one-off problem with that particular disc.

For everyone affected by the menu issues - this has been fixed internally and this will released on a future print run of the discs. Stay tuned.
Sundahk
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Lone Wolf and Cub Boxset Problems Reply with quote
EbonP wrote:
I recently purchased the Lone Wolf and Cub Boxset and unfortunately I've found two seperate problems on the discs.

Firstly, on Volume 4 at around 1:13:05 the video completely freezes for a few secs then plays a bit and freezes repeatedly till about 1:13:40.

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that I also have this problem. Disc 4 freezes at 1:12:56 and stutters along like that until around 1:15:30. I've tried it on my Sony DHC-FL5D and our Hyundai HY632PS (which usually plays anything I throw at it) and the results are always the same. Don't have the menu problem though.

Has a new batch of these boxsets been shipped yet? Just want to know so I can swap it for a newer (hopefully fully working) copy at the store I bought it from.

Thanks in advance Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: