Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Top Gear: The car discussion thread.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Top Gear: The car discussion thread.
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The main reason for using horsepower is that it gives you a very tangible reference point. When someone says a car has X amount of brake horsepower, you can imagine said horses.

If you use kilowatts, most people are likely to assume you're talking about the car as though it were some form of electricity generator.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you use kilowatts, most people will be know what you're talking about, because it's a standard unit of measurement in this country.

Outside of driving games, US or UK car websites, I've yet to encounter car power spoken of in horsepower.
Rhiannon
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've heard if been spoken in hourse power. I'm not a car person. But It may of been like, in movies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
El_Haroldo wrote:
If you use kilowatts, most people will be know what you're talking about, because it's a standard unit of measurement in this country.

Outside of driving games, US or UK car websites, I've yet to encounter car power spoken of in horsepower.

Fair enough. I just use both.
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Worst pile of s*** written about cars ever.

You are hense banned from this thread untill you learn something.
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
<3 zor
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
El_Haroldo wrote:
<3 zor

Times two.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey ** to u I'm not a car expert sooo what! r u sniffing too much petrol r ya to crack the ****s

DON'T expect everybody here to be an expert on engine and transmission power

As for mentioning Need for Speed for THOSE who DON'T HAVE THE GAME, I was just mentioning that it was using actual design cars not fictional cars SO NEED NO TO CRACK THE **** ABOUT IT AND BE SARCASTIC STUPID ABOUT IT.....**** El_Haroldo your insane.
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehehe, i'd chime in, but it seems the thread has a little angst.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I say something harmless and all a get is FLAMING...so bout time I stand up for myself....that is why.

I don't read these topic all day or live on this forum but I come back from a few weeks and it's FLAME FLAME arguments on what I said weeks ago sheesh.

I think El_haroldo is going TOO FAR over the edge and taking this topic FAR TOO seriously.

This topic started as what's ur fav car or dream car or something and now it ends up you have to BE an engine expert to respond to this topic otherwise you get banned from this topic or flamed...sheesh.

YOU don't OWN this topic Haroldo & zorella.
Kei
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, wow! A thread with an interesting topic on the Madboards! I never thought I'd live to see the day.

Also, Bugatti Veyron ftw. I'd also settle for a Aston Martin DB9 (or Vanquish, or better yet, both) or a Mercedes McLaren SLR. Those things are hot.

Basically, I'm partial to any European supercar.
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
<3 Kei. The only problem with Euro cars is the cost. Razz

Also, SS3 guy should shutup.
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:

YOU don't OWN this topic Haroldo & zorella.

No I just own life.

Amusing news, it's Jolly Good;

http://www.cardesignnews.com/site/home/whats_new/page/?portlet_action=true&action_wid=2738#47531[/img]
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those car designs are eating my eyes to pieces.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a pity you don't see much aston martin DB9 around since it's a nice car but probably pricely for some.

Mercedes benz McLaren SLR I know the car which it is also in need for speed but actually seeing one around the streets is another thing since it would be rare around this country.

The Mercedes benz cars are very Posh like...it's like the only person who drives mercedes benz's are retirees...I know since my neighbours have them.

Mercedes benz's is the senior citizen car or people who live in Million dollar mansion cars ...plus the BMW is also kinda one too since it takes all your life's saving to buy one so you end up a senior citizen by the time you save enough when you get one....funny ain't it.

It's a bad sterotype that rich people drive Mercedes or BMW's since there the only ones who can afford them.

If you see a young bloke drive a mercedes benz you think he stole it since you wouldn't think he'll never afford to buy it...funny ain't it.

If only cars like this were cheaper or the Economy was different then maybe everybody would have them.
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not an engine expert either. I'm not even a mechanic, but I do know just a little bit about cars, and I didn't learn it from nfs: mw.

I might have been a touch sarcastic, but have a look at what you first posted. It's barely coherant. I didn't say you were insane or sniffing petrol, just that you were making some pretty obvious and or untrue statements and might want to think before you run your metaphoric mouth.

And yes, zor and I do own this topic. We share custody, I get the thread every second weekend.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BGSarevok wrote:
<3 Kei. The only problem with Euro cars is the cost. Razz

Also, SS3 guy should shutup.

HEY no flamin **** will ya
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehe, the italians revised anwser for the mini moke! Very Happy

i'm really liking the Suzuki Splash and can't wait to see the sport swift now. actually, my mum is getting a swift later this year for her to get around in (translation - my general get around car Razz ) they look like nice little cars but haven't actually sat in one yet.

the Mazda Verisa reminds me of the VW golf.

Mercedes are for people with bad taste and too much money to spend Razz
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!

Last edited by Dante on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kei
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@SS3: What a whiner! Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Also, <3 BGSarevok.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kei wrote:
@SS3: What a whiner! Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Also, <3 BGSarevok.

the other guy started it...im just the victim here Wink

Hey you watch that show beyond tommorrow...every week they talk about a different car almost each week.

1 week they had a report on the Ford GT and the other week the Shelby cobra replica and I think this week is the porshe carrera ...something about world's fastest car I didn't get to see what car it was or watch it.
Something about 390 Km/ph car.
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're not a victim, you are a tit.

Quote:
The Mercedes benz cars are very Posh like...it's like the only person who drives mercedes benz's are retirees...I know since my neighbours have them.

Mercedes benz's is the senior citizen car or people who live in Million dollar mansion cars ...plus the BMW is also kinda one too since it takes all your life's saving to buy one so you end up a senior citizen by the time you save enough when you get one....funny ain't it.

It's a bad sterotype that rich people drive Mercedes or BMW's since there the only ones who can afford them.

You just perpetrated the gagagoogoo stereotype right there! get a goddamn clue. My 18 year old friend drives a merc, he paid for it, it's about 12 years old. I can think of several more people who aren't on their death bed or 'spent their life's savings' getting such a car.

and before you have a cry at what an evil FAJOINA I am, bloody well read what you're saying.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm a tit WHOOOOOOOOWW

So did you friend beg he's parents to lend the money to buy one for him did he. Rolling Eyes

or did con some family WILL heritage to get the money for one Rolling Eyes

Most Mercedes model are affordable anyway....there cheaper if you buy overseas but to convert them to right seat driver will cost ya ....since my neighbour did this.
Kei
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
[..]

the other guy started it...im just the victim here Wink

Hey you watch that show beyond tommorrow...every week they talk about a different car almost each week.

1 week they had a report on the Ford GT and the other week the Shelby cobra replica and I think this week is the porshe carrera ...something about world's fastest car I didn't get to see what car it was or watch it.
Something about 390 Km/ph car.

The car in question is the Koenigsegg CCX. However, it is not the world's fastest street-legal car. The fastest street-legal car is the Bugatti Veyron (407km/h).

The CCX has a theoretical top speed of 407km/h also, but I believe it has never been proven (whereas the Veyron has).
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Koenigsegg CCX yeah that's the one there gonna show on beyond tomorrow and test it out.

As suspected carbon fibre chassis

Plus I guess they do any thing to make it light weight to make it go faster and less downforce.

I has no spoiler but said it may go significantly faster with a spoiler and more stabler if it had one...Interesting

So what is the purpose of this car to see if they can make it one of the fastest cars in the world.

You can see it gets more dangerous as they compete to see how fast a street car can go.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Top gear is one of the only shows on TV I watch...

... and I could give two stuffs about cars. I just find the whole way the show is done funny and entertaining.

Question. Unless you live in Germany, what is the point of a car that can go, like, a million ks an hour.. or whatever? Virtual Cookie of your choise to anyone who can give me a proper answer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
Top gear is one of the only shows on TV I watch...

... and I could give two stuffs about cars. I just find the whole way the show is done funny and entertaining.

Question. Unless you live in Germany, what is the point of a car that can go, like, a million ks an hour.. or whatever? Virtual Cookie of your choise to anyone who can give me a proper answer.

just the pure thought that all that beast contained behind your ass (or wherever the engine is) is partly in your control and that simply putting your foot about 3 inches down to the ground lets all hell loose. pushing you senses and abilities to their stretching point keeping the beast in check and letting the onlooking women how <s>small</s> big your penis really is Razz

that's all i got, cookie? Very Happy
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:

My guitar teacher made the point that even if you never go anywhere near the car's max speed, it's still good to have a car with a high top speed because it can handle the speeds you do go at more easily than a car with a lower max speed. Or something. It was about thirteen years ago that the conversation took place, and my interest in cars has always been minimal. Feel free to correct me if I'm way off the mark, by the way.
Kei
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Plus I guess they do any thing to make it light weight to make it go faster and less downforce.

I guess you don't really know what downforce is. Downforce is what keeps a car on the ground when travelling at high speeds around corners, and, like with ultra high performance cars, keeps them on the ground when going at anywhere near their top speed.

For instance, if a Bugatti Veyron had less downforce, (when travelling at high speeds) the front tires would lift off the ground and flip the car (cornering or not).
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dante wrote:
Mercedes are for people with bad taste and too much money to spend Razz

Crying or Very sad As if. Razz E55 AMG ftw.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Eva 77
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't have to live in Germany to experience unlimted speed restrictions. Another country has it to... Australia! In the Northern Territory you come across hundreds of KM's of straight road and the speed signs are a black circle with a line through them. It means that you can legally go as fast as you want. Just watch out for roo's! Cool
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
El_Haroldo wrote:

I've always known it as Horsepower, its when they started to use kilowatts that started to confuse me, even now when someone goes oh this has X amount of kw, im like, so whats that in horsepower?

the conversion rate i think is 1.333 recurring or something close to that. the kw to HP that is

i think they started using kw more around 2000 or so i think, not sure when but i know its been for a while at least now

Oh and i want to own a Lamborghini Countach Very Happy
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eva 77 wrote:
You don't have to live in Germany to experience unlimted speed restrictions. Another country has it to... Australia! In the Northern Territory you come across hundreds of KM's of straight road and the speed signs are a black circle with a line through them. It means that you can legally go as fast as you want. Just watch out for roo's! Cool

There is also a road like that around the Wiseman's Ferry area in New South Wales. It's not a long road, and I don't know why it has no speed limit. But... yeah. I wouldn't recommend driving on it like a maniac, either. It's gagagoogoo dangerous even at normal speeds..

Also, speedfreek19 - 1 bhp = 0.746kW. Divide kilowatts by that/multiply horsepower by that to get your conversion to whichever.
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BGSarevok wrote:

Crying or Very sad As if. Razz E55 AMG ftw.

yeah ok, i'll give you that one. Razz
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
It's a pity you don't see much aston martin DB9 around since it's a nice car but probably pricely for some.

http://flickr.com/photos/zorella/192563787/
I dunno, I see plenty of them around.

Quote:

Mercedes benz McLaren SLR I know the car which it is also in need for speed but actually seeing one around the streets is another thing since it would be rare around this country.

Again.. I see plenty of them around. Maybe you live in a dody area?

Quote:
..plus the BMW is also kinda one too since it takes all your life's saving to buy one so you end up a senior citizen by the time you save enough when you get one....funny ain't it.

Then how do 4 people I'm friends with own BMW's? *gasp* maybe because you can buy one for the same price as an excel!

Quote:
It's a bad sterotype that rich people drive Mercedes or BMW's since there the only ones who can afford them

you're the only bad stereotyper

Quote:
If only cars like this were cheaper or the Economy was different then maybe everybody would have them.

Mates BMW is more ecomonical than my previous civic.

Quote:

I has no spoiler but said it may go significantly faster with a spoiler and more stabler if it had one...Interesting

They're already added a spoiler. 'beyond tomorrow' is showing old news.

Quote:
So what is the purpose of this car to see if they can make it one of the fastest cars in the world.

It was to experiment with a W style engine in a 'commerical' car.

Quote:
You can see it gets more dangerous as they compete to see how fast a street car can go.

Most dangerous drivers I've met are those with cheap cars. The owner of a pretty/expensive/etc car, will not do anything to damage it. They didn't get the money to buy it by being stupid.

Point to my post? Learn things, before trying to make yourself sound impressive with fake facts.
GreyWolfe
BT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:

Do you even get out of your parent's basement? Everyone and their dog has a BMW now. The old 3 series was one of the biggest selling cars in that price bracket. Its no longer that much of a status symbol to own a BMW. A BMW M series maybe, but unless you look hard you can't tell an M series from a regular BMW.
'The secret of lesbian porn is the self-insertion fantasy, the feeling of "You know, the right dick could turn those clam-licking hotties into hot wet sex fiends... and I am that brave dick." Keep that in mind' - Dom, Megatokyo
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:

If you see a young bloke drive a mercedes benz you think he stole it since you wouldn't think he'll never afford to buy it...funny ain't it.

Dude.... wtf are you talking about? i can really see why you're getting flamed.

Oh here is the Mercedes-Benz S500 i Stole Rolling Eyes

I'm Young and I steal Mercs

I love how the sat/nav can tell me where i'm staling it from and helps me get to my hideout

I dont even need to insert this nifty key, the car knows i'm stealing it

You forgot Rich parents Rolling Eyes

GreyWolfe wrote:
Do you even get out of your parent's basement? Everyone and their dog has a BMW now. The old 3 series was one of the biggest selling cars in that price bracket. Its no longer that much of a status symbol to own a BMW. A BMW M series maybe, but unless you look hard you can't tell an M series from a regular BMW.

The current 3 series is still the best seller in the entry level Luxury section, though the Lexus IS is actually doing really well to catch up, at least in Australia and in the States the Lexus outsells the Beemer 3... (cant be arsed to double check that)

And of course it still is a status symbol to have the ol Baravian roundel on a car. That's why i see shiiitloads of leb youngsters driving old E30 and E36 3s around... but boy do they bring down a classy car... once i saw an E36 M3...except it was four door ( Aus never had any four door M3s) and it has the E46 side M3 vents... which obviously the fuccckin idiot put up... I hate rice... but when people rice european cars it's just plain stupid.

And i dont know, if you get used to it you can spot an 'M' a mile away. The M3 is not a 3 series coupe per say, it's wider, lower, the style is much much more aggressive and the aerokit is damn intimidating. BUt just remember, if it has 4 doors, it aint an 'M' Razz

ssj_zorella wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/zorella/192563787/
I dunno, I see plenty of them around.

Errr... to be fair... a dealer car doesn't mean there are plenty of them.

ssj_zorella wrote:
Mercedes SLR...Again.. I see plenty of them around. Maybe you live in a dody area?

Wow... could you tell me where you saw this Right Hand Drive only hand built by McLaren NON-ROAD-LEGAL-IN-AUSTRALIA super car??

ssj_zorella wrote:
Point to my post? Learn things, before trying to make yourself sound impressive with fake facts

hmmmmm

speedfreek19 wrote:
[Oh and i want to own a Lamborghini Countach Very Happy

As someone who once would have killed the Pope for one... you really dont want one. Yes youwant a Diablo SV, Yes you want a Gallardo, YES YOU DEFINITELY WANT A MURCIELAGO...but you DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT want a Countach...

As someone who took a ride in one... dude seriously... hahaha.. the thin piece of glass between you and the engine...you'd think it'd be great to hear it purr...but its more like hammering...i thought i was going to go deaf... the 'cockpit' is cramped, the ride is heavy and smell of petrol constantly invading your senses... it really is that bad.

Last edited by PregnantBob on Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ssj_zorella
Rei Ayanami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PregnantBob wrote:
[..]

it just cut the bit I wanted but I'm lazy to copy...stupid thing. Merc thing, I was wondering who'd pick that up Razz

And yes the DB9 pic is at the dealer, I didn't have a handy one of one of the road
PregnantBob
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssj_zorella wrote:
[..]

it just cut the bit I wanted but I'm lazy to copy...stupid thing. Merc thing, I was wondering who'd pick that up Razz

And yes the DB9 pic is at the dealer, I didn't have a handy one of one of the road

So yeah, my quoting your lecture about fake facts... again hmmm...
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
after watching a certain top gear ep. i would do anything to get my hands on a Prodrive P2 *drool* Very Happy Very Happy

to bad that they are not planning to put it into full scale production. interesting enough though, if they where to put into full scale production, that the car would feature the famous anti-lag system on a road going car. one wonders how this would affect the cars service life if it were to go into full production.

also features what seems to be a highly improved version of the subaru DCCD featured on STi's which makes sense because it uses a high modified STi engine. a flick of the switch and the cars charactistics change considerably.

and all this based on the chassis of subaru's small four seater R1. Shocked
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After last night's episode, I've pretty much fallen in love with the Ferrari F430.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Top or no top? Very Happy

and after seeing the latest aired episode of Top gear S8 i have to say that the convertible Gallardo is made of win and want Very Happy

i still want a countach, never said i'd drive it, just want one. the gallardo would be the daily :p

oh how it would be nice to have that much money T__T

and last nights ep, the 350z had a sub behind the seat? O_0;

now thats something i'd have, except, inside the seat :3 *homer drool*
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, bugger i missed last nights episode Sad
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
ni_jal
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
After last night's episode, I've pretty much fallen in love with the Ferrari F430.

ni_jal's ?????? wrote:
just remember, it needs Pirellis
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
Top or no top?

Top. I'm not big on convertibles. And with Pirelli tyres too.
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dante wrote:
after watching a certain top gear ep. i would do anything to get my hands on a Prodrive P2 *drool* Very Happy Very Happy

That thing is BADASS.
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i know, it's bloody awesome. the sound that the wastegate makes is quite unique too and i loved the way Jeremy discribes the sound it. Very Happy and the incident that occurs after testing the difference between having the ATD turned off and on Shocked
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!
BGSarevok
Yoriko Nakaido

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I had no idea that ATD thing could work so well. Shocked
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:
Top or no top? Very Happy

and after seeing the latest aired episode of Top gear S8 i have to say that the convertible Gallardo is made of win and want Very Happy

I actually like the hard top version much better. The hard top is like a beautiful woman. The convertible is like a slutty teenager.
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting analogy. The Gallardo is pretty damn smooth, and doesn't need a convertible. Or maybe it's just me. I prefer the hardtop MX-5s, MR2s, and S2000s over their convertibles cousins. And in terms of styling (not to mention performance) I'd have an M3 over a Z3/4. Thoughts?
Dante
BT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i was always under the impression that convertibles didn't quite have the same performance handling compared to hardtops because they didn't have the same stiffness in the chassis. this is probably the sole reason that i wouldn't go for a convertible.

but if i wanted something to look good in and have the wind sweeping through my silver-hair spotted head, i'd go a convertible Razz
TEAM Buy Dante Beers!

Page 3 of 9

Jump to: