Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The XBox 360 Thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
The XBox 360 Thread
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: The XBox 360 Thread Reply with quote
This thread is for continued discussion of the XBox 360, replacing the discussion in the next-gen thread.

XBox 360 known... stuff:
- 3ish Ghz PowerPC-based "Xenon" CPU. Three PowerPC 950 cores, each with two hardware threads. Capable of massive amounts of raw processing power.
- ATi design graphics processer, more powerful than current ATi hardware.
- 512MB unified RAM for system and video processing. GDDR3 or some crap like that.
- 590BHP
- Uses standard DVDs as game media. Is also capable of DVD playback.
- Limited compatibility with XBox games. The slow speed of the 360 CPU (for emulation purposes) means only the less-hardware intensive games can run on the 360. XBox 360 games will not run on the original XBox.
- Supports, USB, Ethernet, HDMI output (via adaptor), WiFi (via adaptor), SPDIF, various other buzzwords.
- Can read and directly access data on iPod.
- "Dashboard" software provides a centralised management console for all system functions including games, media management and system settings. A miniature dashboard known as XBox Guide can be accessed at any time from within any game and allows control of music, generalised game preferences, friends lists and file saving.
- 5.0 miles/gallon.
- Handles well, a bit sloppy on the tighter turns.

Last edited by StorminNorman on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 am; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 360 is worth buying purely for Shutokou Battle X. No reason to discuss, as it's fact.

I'm out of anything to say.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any of these must buy games that I keep hearing about for the 360 that arn't racing games?

Although Bio-Shock does look rad.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good question. I haven't really paid attention to gaming recently, I've got an (xbox heug lol) backlog of games that I've picked up cheap from 2nd places, sales etc. to work through. The next generation can bloody well wait, I'm still sorting through the previous.

Edit: looking at gameranking's front page, all the big 360 games are sports games atm. gg america.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well Dead Rising is pretty must have (for me at least)
Zombie game done right.

only negative is that you CAN NOT PLAY IT on a SD tv.... some idiot at Capcom thinks that text should be 2 point or something. Hard enough to read on a HD tv/.

Hacking up Zombies with a scythe or lawnmower will never get booring.

PS. Bio-Shock will be the second coming if its even a fraction as good as System Shock 2.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dead Rising is really awesome.

Not sure what you mean about the text though, it's fine to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soylent green is people!
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I totally agree about Dead Rising. Its pretty hard though... I've only got one day left to go and I think I've rescued maybe 4 people... There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do anything but the main cases... But maybe thats just me.

Any game that lets you frisbee saw blades at zombies and take action photos of their heads flying off gets my vote!
Medeyer
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I get one, I'll be going straight for Elder Scrolls IV

Sub fans can follow their favourite... um... sub title... font maker... dude...
yay white font
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Not sure what you mean about the text though, it's fine to me.

Figured out what the problem was, My 360 was set to PAL60 after playing the Outfit demo.... swapping back to PAL50 made the text from Otis readable.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dead Rising is a totally awesome game, I concur. I've only played the demo but I played it for atleast two hours. So much fun killing zomies you wouldn't believe.
I liked wearing lego man masks and playing golf with the zombies. It's also fun to bowl with the zombies. It's a shame the demo is timed.
Surprised(

Lost Planet is another amazing game, once again I've only played the demo but I spent over an hour on it. I think theres two missions selectable and both are really fun. The graphics are extremely sexy, especially the explosions, very tasty on the eyes.

Test Drive Unlimited is ment to be really good. I've played the demo but it was horrid. Apparently the controls have been really tuned up and are pure bliss in the final release. However any current reviews can be classified as void. The reason being is because the game is made to be played online and the community hasn't grown yet. It's like play WoW offline on your own. It's just really not the same thing.

Geometry Wars is a great arcade live game. I've spent hours on that and it's pure bliss. I actually had a $50 bet with my friend that I would beat his 1.4 million score, maybe it was 2.4 million. I ended up with a paltry 375,000 score and he easily received my $50.
Surprised(

Ghost Recon is another great game, aslong as you don't mind a taste of last generation. It's graphics are killer but it's AI is drop dead **** and don't act how they should. An example would be me throwing a grenade at a group of enemies, followed by a loud explosion and lots of gunfire, however another enemy 15 metres down the road is still looking in the opposite direction as if nothing has happened.

Even thought I want to skip on PGR3, it's still a great game and I may eventually end up buying it AFTER Live goes free. Reason being because I want the gamer points that I started receiving. I didn't get to play it online as my nick is only a silver membership.

Theres a few other great games but I'll get back to you when I remember them.

PS:-
PD0 is absolute horseshit and I wouldn't touch it with a 20,000 foot pole.

*EDIT*
The next gen thread shouldn't have been closed for atleat another two months as the PS3 and Wii aren'yt yet released.......
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those that are interested and didn't already know, the Pre-paid Xbox live Marketplace points cards have been released.
so you can get your additional content or theme's or whatever.

Creedy wrote:
PD0 is absolute horseshit and I wouldn't touch it with a 20,000 foot pole.

It is not that bad.... its just not up to the expectations of the fans of the 64 version, people expected too much from Rare and have themselves to blame for feeling let down.

In actuality its a generic (if fairly nice looking) paint-by-numbers FPS.
Nothing spectacular but certainly fun for a while, Multiplayer is solid too.

Why the acidic hatred for it Creedy?
poke__egg
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Viking wrote:
Why the acidic hatred for it Creedy?

cause it's not on the PS3. Laughing

RICE MONKEYS!!!1
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Viking wrote:

It is not that bad.... its just not up to the expectations of the fans of the 64 version, people expected too much from Rare and have themselves to blame for feeling let down.

Wait what? You have only yourself to be let down when the sequle to one of the most awsome console shooters ever made is, as you put it.

Quote:
a generic (if fairly nice looking) paint-by-numbers FPS.

I would have thought Rare had some hand in turning the awsomeness that the first PD was into a generic paint by numbers FPS.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
Dead Rising is a totally awesome game, I concur. I've only played the demo but I played it for atleast two hours. So much fun killing zomies you wouldn't believe.

How? The demo is like 30 seconds long! I was so... disappointed in the length of it, after the 1GB download.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
Wait what? You have only yourself to be let down when the sequle to one of the most awsome console shooters ever made is, as you put it.

If you assumed it would be brilliant soley because it was Rare and PD then yeah its your fault for expecting too much.
I stand by my statement, people hyped this up way too much before it was released.... seems like they expected PD0 to be enough to make them blow their load just by touching the case.
PD was a great game in context (for its time, and on a console)
It was that generations "Halo" an average shooter that stood out because it was one of very few console shooters that do things right.

That said I loved playing PD when it came out, played it for months.... spent the time to unlock everything and complete every stage on all difficulties, few games since have hooked me like the original Perfect Dark.

Benza wrote:
I would have thought Rare had some hand in turning the awsomeness that the first PD was into a generic paint by numbers FPS.

the Rare of the N64 days is dead, have been for quite some time actually.
Have they released any games since the 64 that were actually worth playing?
Only one I can think of is Conkers on the Xbox.... and thats a port of a 64 game with improved graphics so hardly a prime example.
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ninety-nine nights provides some satisfying game play, for a short while. And pretty much nothing else.
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
(Basil Hall Chamberlain, 1904)
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
[..]

How? The demo is like 30 seconds long! I was so... disappointed in the length of it, after the 1GB download.

If you had read my post properly then you'd notice I said it's a shame the Dead Rising demo is short. However theres this wonderful thing called restarting the demo, yes thats right, I played the demo like ten times in a row doing all different **** and I loved it.

poke__egg wrote:
[..]
cause it's not on the PS3. Very Happy

Can't believe I just put a good word in for about five games and still get called a hater.
I just did not like PD0, I didn't like it's graphical style or it's style of motion blur used. Story looked crap along with the voice acting. It just felt like been there done that if you know what I mean. Didn't play it online because Live was screwing up for some strange reason.
I never played the original Perfect Dark but I loved Goldeneye.
*EDIT*
Co-op is god awful with arrows all over the ground pointing every where sending me to the wrong places.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
for what its worth Creedy I thought you were being quite level with your discusion of 360 games in this thread.... no fanboyism in sight.

When is Assassins Creed released? It's a little dissapointing for the PS3 if the 360 version comes out here before the PS3 even gets released
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Assassins Creed won't be released until 1st quarter next year.
I hate having to wait so long for it.
Gydafud
Whinges too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to pickup my copy of Dead Rising today, so that shall be enjoyable. Hopefully it is as fun as the demo was.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is. Don't for get to yell "LOCK AND LOLL!" when you start belting zombies with electric guitars.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got the Zombie Genocide Achievement Very Happy
thats 53,594 zombies dead for those playing at home (number of people who live in the town)
Now I just need to survive to the end to unlock the Real Mega Buster the gun arm from Megaman
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Viking wrote:
[..]

the Rare of the N64 days is dead, have been for quite some time actually.
Have they released any games since the 64 that were actually worth playing?
Only one I can think of is Conkers on the Xbox.... and thats a port of a 64 game with improved graphics so hardly a prime example.

I actully liked Starfox Adventures but I know I'm in the minority there.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was really tempted to get a 360 today. EB have a deal for like $650 or whatever and you get one of the first gen games free. Then, if you trade in a PS2/Xbox and 4 games, you get it for $550 or so. Tempting, oh so tempting. But I refuse to get rid of my Xbox until the 360 can emulate all titles correctly (unless that happened when I was away...).

Besides, I should probably wait for xmas anyway...
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
But I refuse to get rid of my Xbox until the 360 can emulate all titles correctly (unless that happened when I was away...).

That will never happen. The XBox 360 simply isn't powerful enough to emulate the XBox accurately.
Gydafud
Whinges too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got Dead Rising. Love it.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
[..]

That will never happen. The XBox 360 simply isn't powerful enough to emulate the XBox accurately.

I'm confused, shouldn't it be more then powerfull enough?
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes it is, some games run almost flawlessly but not perfectly. The strange thing is the Xbox 360 is having trouble playing CG movies from Xbox games, you would think cut scenes would be the easiest part to emulate.
Anyway, the programmersat MS obviously suck total arse because they aren't progressing very fast and none of the great games are even emulated at all yet.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]I'm confused, shouldn't it be more then powerfull enough?

To accurately emulate an XBox, you need about 10Ghz of processing power.

Because the XBox 360 has no original XBox hardware, the emulation is a lot more complex than, say, the PS1 emulation in the PS2.

The reason so few games are currently supported is because the 360 is nowhere near fast enough. As they improve the emulation methods and optimise the code, more games will be emulated, but it's unlikely that more than half the XBox catalogue will be emulated unless some dramatic improvement in Microsoft's understanding of emulating an XBox on an XBox 360 comes along.

Creedy wrote:
The strange thing is the Xbox 360 is having trouble playing CG movies from Xbox games, you would think cut scenes would be the easiest part to emulate.

Actually, it's harder because you have to emulate the software MPEG decoder that XBox games use.
haruko-san
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Enchanted Arms is a pretty good 360 game. Walking around is a bit slow and the music can get annoying though.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
[..]

Actually, it's harder because you have to emulate the software MPEG decoder that XBox games use.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just make the decoder compatable with Xbox 1 games? Surely NVIDIA didn't own the rights to that technology aswell. SURELY MS could have come up with something.
Sad
Half the reason I want a 360 is to play Halo 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Breakdown, Strangers Wrath and Crimson Skies among other things.
So hopefully they can pulled their fingers out of their bum holes.

Enchanted Arms looks kinda very generic IMO. PS2 has better oferings at this point of time.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
[..]Wouldn't it have been smarter to just make the decoder compatable with Xbox 1 games? Surely NVIDIA didn't own the rights to that technology aswell. SURELY MS could have come up with something.

I don't really understand what you're getting at here. XBox games use MPEG SOFdec to do MPEG decoding in software. This is very tightly coded to the software, and would be a cow to emulated.

Enchanted Arms is pretty bad, to be honest. It's kind of like a yaoi version of Final Fantasy VII but with a really, really annoying grid-based battle system and a stupid amount of mollycoddling.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well couldn't they decode MPEG via hardware or create software thats compatable with the Xbox software without needing to emulate?

You know, like how other devices add support for DIVX for example instead of trying to emulate it.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No.

No one uses hardware MPEG decoding anymore. It's far cheaper to do it in software.

The devices you're talking about actually do software decoding, but the codecs are loaded from firmware.
soylent green is people!
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picked up a copy of Godfather for the 360 yesterday... From what I've played so far I would recommend it highly to anyone who likes mafia type stuff.... Not as much humour as GTA or Saints Row but really good story and the gameplay and controls are easy to pick up but quite deep.

Graphics arent fantastic (being a port I wasn't expecting much) but they do the job. I'm really enjoying just going around bribing cops and shaking down store owners...
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just Cause is pretty fun. Theres some glitches here and there, but nothing that really detracts from the gameplay.
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
Psycho Sting
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really hope that they will do anohter unreal championship game
THe first 2 unreal games for the xbox were the the top five best shooters on the xbox
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if you're getting this, but in the U.K. it's just (I think yesterday) been announced they are doing an effective price drop on the 360 starting pretty much straight away (tommorow I think).

There is a new official bundle, the premium 360, PGR and two wireless controllers for 300.
Effectively they've thrown in the second controller and game for 20 Smile

If something similar hasn't been announced for Australia yet, I would expect it to be soon.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've only seen unofficial bundles so far. EB have the free first gen game, while Gameswizards have a free wireless controller.
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
1080p and HD-DVD for the 360.
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
1080p and HD-DVD for the 360.

And Sony's lame rebuttle XD

Awesome news about the 360, though. Well, for the 5 people in the world who own 1080p equipment, anyway.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow
X06 was on and no conversation on here at all.

TAKEN FROM GAF
● PJ & Fran will work on two 360 exclusive franchises, first is the 'chapter in the Halo(r) universe' (read:Spinoff) the second is something original.
● HALO WARS from Ensemble 360 exclusive. Halo Wars places the player in command of human UNSC armies as they deploy for mankind's first deadly encounter with the enemy Covenant forces. (1, Direct feed trailer, Art/Images)
● GRAND THEFT AUTO IV will have two downloadable 'episodes' exclusive to 360, released months after launch. Reportedly each as long in content as Liberty City Stories on PSP. (1)
● SPLINTER CELL 5 (the one after Double Agent) is 360 exclusive
● And speaking of Splinter Cell, here is the latest trailer for SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENT. (Video)
● BIOSHOCK is 360 & PC exclusive releasing 'this spring.' (Video)
● PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 4 announced... CG trailer shown. (1)
● The latest in the BANJO KAZOOIE series announced. Teaser trailer shown. (1, Teaser Trailer)
● Cryptic Studios (City Of Heroes) will develop MARVEL UNIVERSE ONLINE, only for 360 & PC. (1, Interview)
● DOOM - which is out on XBLA today - and SENSIBLE WORLD OF SOCCER announced for XBLA (1, Images)
● HD-DVD $199, 199, 129, free King Kong for limited time & Media Center Remote Mid November for US & Europe
● ASSASSIN'S CREED gameplay footage finally for all to see! (1, Gameplay Demo)
● GUITAR HERO II is going to be rocking your 360. With Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 rock rhythm, lead, or bass guitar tracks with downloadable content and the new X-Plorer controller, designed specifically for the Xbox 360. (1, Controller, Image)
● The latest **** from FORZA 2 is ready for prime time. Check the links. (Images)
● SCI/Eidos and IO said they plan to release no PS3 SKU until 2008. So, by default, 360 gets them exclusive until that time. (1)
● Yeah, it's not the game we wanted but still it's shaping up decently I suppose. I'm talking about SHADOWRUN, and you can check the latest images. (Images)
● Finally, some 720p images of PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE on 360. Check them out. (Images)
● ALAN WAKE looks stunning. Check out the latest images from this intruiging "psychological thriller." (Images)
● MASS EFFECT is gorgeous. My personal 360 killer app! Bioware, you can't do any wrong. ever. No, Jade Empire was not wrong. It was right! (Images)
● John Woo is jumping around and throwing some doves, I'm sure, and you'll be able to participate by checking out the latest STRANGLEHOLD images. (Images)
● Remember how CONTRA and GYRUSS got announced for XBLA at TGS? Well, here are the first pics courtesy of X06. (Images)
● CRACKDOWN, the cel-shaded freeroaming title from the creator of GTA, seems... curious, at the very least. (Images)
● Activision doesn't waste time whoring ****, but you already knew that. So check out the latest of CALL OF DUTY 3... (Images)
● ...and TONY HAWK PROJECT 8. This one looks like a return to form for the series, and thank goodness. Can't wait! (Images)
● STREET RACE NYC and HEAVY WEAPONS, two XBLA titles, were announced recently. And so with that, the first media. (Images)
● What else for the 'ol arcade? TOTEMBALL, which is an EyeToy-like title with similarities to Katamari of all things, and MUTANT STORM which looks to have great potential. (Images)
● One last game for xbla, ASSAULT HEROES. Seems like a fun concept, definitely worth looking into. (Images)
● Yeah, FUZION FRENZY 2 managed to get some facetime amidst the X06 news. Check out this party game in the latest media. (Images)
● Same BLUE DRAGON trailer from TGS, but in HD, courtesy of XBL 360. (Hi-Def Video)
● Same LOST ODYSSEY trailer from TGS, but in HD, courtesy of XBL 360. (Hi-Def Video)
● How could we forget GEARS OF WAR, the biggest 360 game this side of Halo 3? Yup, there's new video of it... and with a smooth locked framerate to boot! Hurrah! (Video)
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Marvel Universe Online hey? Lets just hope they learn some lessons from City of Heros (Or more importantly, learn some lessons from WoW and make the game a I'M TOO DUMB TO FIND OTHER WORDS TO USE SO I USE THE F WORD tonne better)

But still, cant wait to see this new charecter creation mode Razz Ironic considering Marvel sued them for copyright infringment with City of Heros though Very Happy
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparently the XBox 360 version of Assassin's Creed will have better AI than its PS3 counterpart. Not only that, but because of Sony's stalling on its online service, the developers are unsure if their ambitious content download plans will be available for both consoles.

This could be a worrying trend for Sony, as the next GTA game will only offer downloadable content on the 360 as well.

In unrelated news, I downloaded Doom the other night. It's kind of fun although the trial version is way too short. 800 points for the full game is asking a little much, though.

Also, the Guitar Hero 2 controller will not be wireless Crying or Very sad.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
However the Assassin's Creed stuff is total PR propaganda and may change by release considering thecore team is working on the PS3 version and a secondary team is working on the X360 version.
As for GTA4, PS3 will ship with the exclusive downloadable episodes due to the extra space available on Blu Ray ...... you heard it here first. Even IF PS3 version doesn't get the episodes Sony are gonna get something really good. Sony and Rockstar are bum chums, Sony put Rockstar on the map. Sony also just recently handed LA Noire over to Rockstar, a game that Sony had put 40 million US dollers into and had Team Bondi (developers of LA Noire) making 3 exclusive games to PS3.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it's worth, Rockstar and Sony have had a pretty rocky relationship ever since Sony tried to screw Rockstar on GTA3. That's why all the GTA games since then have not been PS2-exclusive.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They have been time exclusive however.
And PSP gets Liberty and Vice City Stories exclusively.
PS2 got Liberty City Stories as a console exclusive.
Lastly Bully is exclusive to PS2.
A very rocky relationship indeed.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The "XXX City Stories" are hardly good champions of exclusivity.
there was not enough new content to justify releasing them on consoles that had already seen a release of the original title (GTA3 and Vice City respectivly)

Liberty City Stories only got a port to PS2 after a lot of bitching by fan's, it was intended to be a cheap to produce handheld game.
If Rockstar see enough money from the "Stories" range then they will probably port it to Xbox later.
Hell even the Wii looks like it will be getting a GTA game.

Creedy wrote:
And PSP gets Liberty and Vice City Stories exclusively.
PS2 got Liberty City Stories as a console exclusive.

Thats hardly the definition of exclusive Wink
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Source for Wii getting a GTA game?
And how does it not count as exclusive? They are exclusive to Sony's consoles and not anyone elses.
Rockstar could easily port them to the X360 and they'd probably sell more then Saints Row but they aren't. They have no interest at all to port it over to X360.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
...that would be because they're busy working on GTA4 for the 360, perhaps?

Page 1 of 105

Jump to: