Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The XBox 360 Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 103, 104, 105  Next
The XBox 360 Thread
Author
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And they weren't/aren't busy with GTA4 while they were making GTA Vice City Stories, Bully and are currently making GTA Vice City Stories?
Deus Sceleris
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dead Rising is the greatest game ever... It took be ages to finish the 72 hour mode so i could play Inifity mode and not have to put up with the godamn "Story"...

Overtime Mode was damn sweet... Spec ops... Helicopters... Snuff Shot J (an achievement, a very sad achievement... Hated seeing her go, 'specially by my blade...) and the final boss battle was fantastic, but pretty easy using the Double lariat and Roundhouse kicks and Football Tackles... The ending... Dear god... The whole game was awesome and pretty lengthy and then they go and:
End the game with a 5 second prolonged scream... Dry your eyes Franky and move on... So what if you're gonna be a zombie in the near future... Quit yer bellyachin'

Bring on Dead Rising 2!
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deus Sceleris wrote:
Bring on Dead Rising 2!

Hell yeah!
I'm currently running around in the....
Full Megaman costume (Boots, Tights, Hat, Real Mega Buster) and kicking much arse in the process.

My next goal will be to get the 5 day survivor achievement in infinity mode to unlock the Laser Sword
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
To round out my TGS video talking-about...

Gears of War- Awesome. Awesome. It looks so awesome.

The Darkness- (I think this is both 360 and PS3?) Even though it was just a teaser... rad.

Splinter Cell- meh. Same engine again? "Slap another coat of paint and it'll be good as new!"

Forza2- I dislike CG being passed off as gameplay.
Sakuya
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gears Of War is the sole reason I bought the Xbox 360 everything else is just gravy.

GEARS OF WAR IS GOING TO ROCK!!

After that.. dunno maybe Halo 3 ?

Dunno about that Halo Wars RTS one, looks interesting probably will give it a shot - funnily enough Halo started out as an RTS during the development stages.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not anything mind blowing but I'll be buying Gears of War.
The world it's set in just seems so dull and lifeless and the areas you fight in are small and boxy. The AI seems average and repetitive death animations. Nothing revolutionary about the gameplay as it's been done in Kill.Switch. I want to see more then the single damn machine gun, does the game even have any other weapons?
Despite all this I am still looking foreward to it, would like to see what co-op is like. Deathmatch etc don't interest me as I'll have Resistence for that.
Akira112
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know if theres a list of Xbox games that can be played on the 360. Thanks in advance.

My Forum Family
Sisters-kbz333, mi, cobizah
Cousins-Gir, Hagane, Whitegreek, Rena
Pet Cat-Tallis
Friends-Every Madboarder!
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Microsoft maintains a list on the XBox.com website.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Akira112
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks again. I needed to know cause im getting a 360 for my birthday and im planning to get some Xbox games on it aswell as 360 games.

My Forum Family
Pet Cat-Tallis
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Akira112 wrote:
Thanks again. I needed to know cause im getting a 360 for my birthday and im planning to get some Xbox games on it aswell as 360 games.

Don't forget to get Barbie™ Horse Adventures™ Wild Horse Rescue™
Akira112
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You my friend have a terrible sense of humour.

My Forum Family
Pet Cat-Tallis
Lister of Smeg
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]

Don't forget to get Barbie™ Horse Adventures™ Wild Horse Rescue™

Got copies on layby, they were so hard to find here!!

Barbie for the win!
Cannibal Bob
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few questions ladies and gentlemen, if I may.

1. What do I have to do to make an Xbox360 Wi-Fi enabled as mentioned in the original post, and how much does it cost?

2. Are 360 games region locked?

3. Are the Live Arcade games region locked or restricted, like the Wii?

4. I don't have a credit card, so is there another way to buy Live content, including Arcade games?

5. Does anyone have any idea of possible price drops with the upcoming release of the Wii?

I'm getting a little worried about the quality of the Wii, so I'm thinking of getting the Xbox 360 first of the next generation consoles, since at present it appears to be the safest bet, and just waiting to see how the others pan out before buying them.

Thanks.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why not buy nothing and wait until all three are released before you make a decision.
Up to this point in time the X360 only has about 60 games released. Not many for a first year, what if the console doesn't get many more games that you like? What if the other consoles have supperior multiplatform games?
Why is there a rush to buy a next gen console now?

I only suggest this as you don't seem to be to sure about any of the three consoles. You don't seem to know much about X360, I'm sure they'll explain your questions here.
But for someone unsure about next gen I'd say it's better to wait.

Theres plenty of upcomming PS2 and PC games being released to keep you happy for another 5 months.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cannibal Bob wrote:
1. What do I have to do to make an Xbox360 Wi-Fi enabled as mentioned in the original post, and how much does it cost?

Buy a USB dongle that, from memory, costs about $50.

Quote:
2. Are 360 games region locked?

They can be. So far, only Japanese-release games have been.

Quote:
3. Are the Live Arcade games region locked or restricted, like the Wii?

I don't actually know. As far as I can tell, XBL content goes up at the same time worldwide.

Quote:
4. I don't have a credit card, so is there another way to buy Live content, including Arcade games?

Yes. You can buy 1500 Microsoft Points cards from many game retailers, for $27.95.

Quote:
5. Does anyone have any idea of possible price drops with the upcoming release of the Wii?

There hasn't been a price drop yet, but MS did change the basic deal so that you can get a free game with the system, effectively dropping the price of the console.

Quote:
I'm getting a little worried about the quality of the Wii

I hear you. Nintendo keep stabbing themselves in the face, and it gets harder and harder to watch.

Quote:
so I'm thinking of getting the Xbox 360 first of the next generation consoles, since at present it appears to be the safest bet, and just waiting to see how the others pan out before buying them.

The 360 is the only next-generation console with an established library of games, a proven online-content track record and established market-share. It's here for the long haul, and is an excellent entry point into the "next generation".

Don't listen to Creedy, he's a Sony shill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cannibal Bob
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Buy a USB dongle that, from memory, costs about $50.

Hmmm, I'll have to see if my local dongle retailer sells them. I'm going to JB Hi Fi on Monday, I'll ask there.

StorminNorman wrote:
They can be. So far, only Japanese-release games have been.

That's cool, I don't speak a word of Japanese anyway, so if I imported games it would be from either the USA or the UK.

StorminNorman wrote:
I don't actually know. As far as I can tell, XBL content goes up at the same time worldwide.

Good enough for me. Smile

StorminNorman wrote:
Yes. You can buy 1500 Microsoft Points cards from many game retailers, for $27.95.

Giggity.

StorminNorman wrote:
There hasn't been a price drop yet, but MS did change the basic deal so that you can get a free game with the system, effectively dropping the price of the console.

Giggity giggity.

StorminNorman wrote:
I hear you. Nintendo keep stabbing themselves in the face, and it gets harder and harder to watch.

Word up homie. That sensor bar thing is like a Mogwai, don't expose it to sunlight, don't get it wet, and don't feed it after midnight. Confused

StorminNorman wrote:
The 360 is the only next-generation console with an established library of games, a proven online-content track record and established market-share. It's here for the long haul, and is an excellent entry point into the "next generation".

That's exactly my thinking. As it stands the Wii and PS3 are just talk, and until we play the final hardware with real games they remain just talk.

The Xbox 360 on the other hand is there, for everyone to test and use. No doubts, just facts.

StorminNorman wrote:

Ooooh, hear that Creedy, them's fightin' words. Laughing

Thanks for the info guys. Very Happy
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
errrrrr
I didn't say anything positive or negative. Just said if someone is undecided they should wait until all three consoles are out to make a better decision.
Cannibal Bob
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
errrrrr
I didn't say anything positive or negative. Just said if someone is undecided they should wait until all three consoles are out to make a better decision.

The one known as Creedy makes some good points, but I should clarify.

In the unlikely event that someone on these boards actually remembers one of my previous posts, it may seem like I'm flip flopping over this decision, but my posts only reveal half the story.

Thanks to various factors, late last year I finally managed to chase off my inner Sony fan-boy, opening up my gaming decisions for the next gen.

I had already lost interest in the PS3 for obvious reasons, and I considered the Wii a gimmick, so it seemed natural that the first one I bought would be the 360, but things slowly changed.

The Wii began to look like the second coming, with it's cool new control scheme and low price and such, and I decided to get that instead, despite some very small doubts as to the untested nature of the controller. However, things changed again when Nintendo did something extraordinary.

They shot themselves in the foot and filmed it with one of those cool high speed cameras like on Mythbusters. They then slowly released the footage to the public in the form of information such as the region locking, and sensitive sensor bar.

Those small doubts became big enough to scare me again, so my thoughts have now gone back to the 360.

So all I've really done is chosen the 360, got caught up in the Wii hype, was brought back to reality, and decided to go back to the so-far only proven console.

Yes I don't know much about the 360, but that's because I've only now started to look into the details.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

Did you actully read Creedy's post or just jump to a conclusion about what he said?

He didn't even mention the PS3 once in that post?
nekokaburi
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cannibal Bob wrote:
a whole bunch of good stuff

i'm pretty much in the same boat. when they announced the wii and all the cool stuff it'd have for the price, it sounded flawless. and it sounded like the greatest thing ever, but now i'm not sure, and i'm tending to lean towards the X360 even more now. it's no surprise really since i traded my PS2 in for an xbox late in the 6th gen game, and haven't looked back since.

i'll be waiting for the X360 to get a little cheeper, with any luck, the wii's release will push it's price down, and i'l be able to get a few games and a second controller and still meet my $1000.00 budget (yay tax return!).

p.s. one question (or rather, a confirmation). i saw on xbox's website you have to download firmware to run old xbox games on an X360. they say you can just burn it to a CD and upload it that way (great for people lke me, who don't have XBL access), however, when trying to select where you are to download, what i asume is the firmware for your region, they only list america or canada as possible countries. so how does that effect us here in australia? i guess if the X360 is regionless, it wouldn't matter right?
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nekokaburi wrote:
so how does that effect us here in australia? i guess if the X360 is regionless, it wouldn't matter right?

The conversion from NTSC to PAL means the games are technically different and need different "patches" for backwards compatibility depending on if its NTSC or PAL.

as for the download, I did not have any problems getting it from www.xbox.com.au
Were you maybe trying to download it from the US Xbox site rather than the Aussie one?
nekokaburi
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah i see... so i'm guessing you have to occaisionally update the update when more games are added to the list of backwards compaitable games. well that makes sense, though why they couldn't include this update with the original x360 is beyond me.

now the only other question/confirmation i have is: EB games seem to only sell one version of the X360, and it cost $700.00 or somthing. i'm guessing that means the core system isn't available in australia. i'm gonna get the full version any ways when i do go out and get it, since not having a HDD is a waste of time, but seeing only one type of box on the shelf with one price has thrown my bearings off.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nekokaburi wrote:

p.s. one question (or rather, a confirmation). i saw on xbox's website you have to download firmware to run old xbox games on an X360.

This is news to me. Normally when you insert an XBox game into the 360, it attempts to download whatever updates it needs to run that game. If the game is unsupported, then it fails gracefully and returns you to the dashboard.

Also, you should have access to XBox Live, as the free version is available with every console, and you get a month of the pay-for version free when you buy the console. After that month, you can choose whether or not to pay for it ($99 gets you a full year and a funky headset) or not. You do not need a credit card to subscribe to XBL.

Most places don't sell the "Core" system as they realise that it's a total waste of time.
Akira112
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The premium package has alot more value then the Core system. The core's RRP is $500 and just has the 360 and a wired controller. The premium has the 360 and wireless controller, a memory card, Xbox Live Silver membership and a free game or a second wireless controller depending on the store. Since the memory card's RRP is $160 add that to the core price which is $500. Add that together and you get $360 which is $10 over the premium price.

P.S. At K-Mart i heard you can get the premium for $600 but it doesn't have a free game or a second controller. Big W's is $640 with a free game while EB Games is $650 with a free game. So Big W is most worth it.

My Forum Family
Pet Cat-Tallis
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have two questions. The first one I asked a while back but did not get much response.

1) What do you use x-box live for? Either xbox or s360. I know what it can be used for. I am just interested in what parts of the service you use yourself.

2) What makes a wireless controller worth the extra initial outlay, and then the continuing cost of supplying it with batteries? You could say there is that play'n'charge kit.. but you need to buy that which makes the controller about $100. That is twice the price of a controller with a wire that never need batteries or recharging or any other expence to use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never underestimate how much more convenient it is to use a controller that isn't attached to the console with a short cable. You may as well ask why have wireless VCR remotes, when one that plugs into the VCR doesn't need to be fed batteries all the time.
Akira112
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. I mainly use Xbox Live for playing multiplayer and downloading game demos.

Quote:
Never underestimate how much more convenient it is to use a controller that isn't attached to the console with a short cable. You may as well ask why have wireless VCR remotes, when one that plugs into the VCR doesn't need to be fed batteries all the time.

My Forum Family
Pet Cat-Tallis
El^Presidente
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HimuraBattousai wrote:

I don't know where my VCR remote is, so I just use the controls on the unit itself.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a BIG difference between a TV, sterio, VCR, DVDR etc remote and a game controller. For one, you are constantly using the controller when you play a game. You use a remote to press play. Because of this vastly different amount of use, controllers last for hours, but remotes last for months/years depending on use.

It is a point tho. The "freedom" of wireless could be an advantage. I can definately see that. I still can not really see it being worth the continued expense. In fact now that you mentioned it, if I had a choise of wired remote for my VCRs and stuff I probably would have considered that too! Smile

El^Presidente wrote:
I don't know where my VCR remote is, so I just use the controls on the unit itself.

There is a good arguement FOR wired controllers. You will be hard pressed to lose one of them down behind the couch! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nekokaburi wrote:
ah i see... so i'm guessing you have to occaisionally update the update when more games are added to the list of backwards compaitable games.

Yeah, but only if a game you wish to play is added to the list. honestly they are that slow updating it that it would be quite some time (read many months) before you needed to update again.

HeDanny wrote:
I have two questions. The first one I asked a while back but did not get much response.

1. For the most part, downloading demos/movies/trailers. I'm not agressive enough to make use of the game matching so free Silver Membership for me. (solo player for the most part)

2. I forked out the extra for the Play'n'charge kit, for me it was worth it.
I have a corded controller for when someone drops in to play, or when I want to use it on the PC.
But I will usually use the Wireless.... It gives more freedom in where you can sit while playing (and reduces the risk of pulling the 360 off the shelf while playing Wink )
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
It is a point tho. The "freedom" of wireless could be an advantage. I can definately see that. I still can not really see it being worth the continued expense.

They've got this new invention, it's called rechargeable batteries.

HeDanny wrote:
There is a good arguement FOR wired controllers. You will be hard pressed to lose one of them down behind the couch! Laughing

Not impossible, though. We managed to lose our wired VCR remote.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How much ar rechargeable batteries?
nekokaburi
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="HimuraBattousai"]
Not impossible, though. We managed to lose our wired VCR remote.[/quote]

and there's allways that off chance one's younger cousin might decide that it's a good idea to make your wired controller, into a wireless controller with a pair of garden shears. . . not that ever happened to me. Wink

i had a play on a mates X360 earlier today, and it was pretty cool, i was playing dead rising, and even though i was only playing for about an hour, it was kinda ok. i little repetative. then again, 3rd person games aren't really my thing, i'm more into 1st person shooters like halo and farcry, so it really doesn't make much difference to me that it didn't really like dead rising.
Nargun
Siegfried Kircheis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
How much ar rechargeable batteries?

Two to five depending, sez my jaycar catalogue. Chargers start at about fifteen.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
See, you may aswell buy the charge and play kit so you can still play while charging.
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Viking wrote:
...and reduces the risk of pulling the 360 off the shelf while playing...)

oh man.. now THAT is a GREAT reason to have a wireless right there. I have lost count of the amount of times someone at a games night has snagged a controller cord while cleaning up the empties or refilling the munchie bowl, and everyone in the room leaps to rescue whatever has just been dislodged. Laughing

For some reason I never thought of this aspect until you just mentioned it. Congratulations.. you may have very well just convinced me to get wireless controllers!
HimuraBattousai wrote:
...rechargeable batteries...
...We managed to lose our wired VCR remote...

You still have to BUY the rechargeable batteries and the charger, so the extra expense is still a definate issue here.

Also managed to lose the wired remote control to my old faithful BETA VCR about 12 years ago. Fortunately all the controls are still on the unit itself. Yes. Yes I still use Beta. And yes it still works better than (most of) the VHS machines I have been thru in the last 20 years.
nekokaburi wrote:
...dead rising, and even though i was only playing for about an hour, it was kinda ok. i little repetative. then again, 3rd person games aren't really my thing, i'm more into 1st person shooters like halo and farcry...

Wait. you like first person games, and disliked a third person game because it was repetitive? *head asplode*
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betamax players are ridiculously reliable. I know of a 25-year-old one that's outlasted several VHS players in its lifetime.

To be honest, I don't know why the rechargeable kit isn't part of the wireless controller package. It's kind of silly that they're seperate. What's more annoying is that the cable that the charge kit provides is not a data cable, so you can't use it to, say, run a wireless controller on a PC.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
To be honest, I don't know why the rechargeable kit isn't part of the wireless controller package. It's kind of silly that they're seperate. What's more annoying is that the cable that the charge kit provides is not a data cable, so you can't use it to, say, run a wireless controller on a PC.

pretty much par for the course for all 3 of the "next gen" consoles.... some mind-blowingly fantastic idea's let down by some colossaly stupid oversights.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow
I just bought an Xbox 360 online, an NTSC model. My first imported console!

This is what I ordered:-
Xbox 360 Premium
2 play and charge kits
Monster 400 component cable
Dead Rising
Test Drive Unlimited
Saints Row
Lego Star Wars 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

All for just $1041 including shipping, I have to say I'm quite happy. Heres hoping my X360 does not overheat or anything.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you got a step-down converter? XBox power supplies are not switched.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah, I'll have to buy one this week, hopefully before it arrives here.
The Premium comes with networl cable doesn't it?
Should be nice and simple to plug into my router if it does.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does come with a network cable. If it's anything like mine, it'll be of a very high quality, too.

I don't fully understand why you got an NTSC console, to be honest. I'll be interested to see if you have any problems getting it to work with local Live content.
Creedy
Mylene Jenius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll just register a US acount and get all US content.
I got an NTSC machine because well ...... look at how cheap I just got all that stuff.
Games are cheaper too, you all know I hate the OFLC logos and PAL imports for X360 aren't cheap, some more expensive then local.
nekokaburi
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="HeDanny"]
Wait. you like [i]first person[/i] games, and disliked a [i]third person[/i] game because it was [i]repetitive[/i]? *head asplode*[/quote]

no, i don't like third person games as much because it's harder to contol your character. games like GTA are always a pain in the butt, since you can never be 100% sure you're in the right spot (for example, walking off a rooftop that you're trying to get to the edge of) and more often than not, the way you aim a shooting weapon is ridiculous since you have to switch from 3rd to 1st person view and you usually end up facing the wrong way (not good when your being shot at). at least GTA sorted it out with it's auto aim button, dead rising didn't have that.

i didn't really like dead rising, because it's repetative. just to walk around you have to bash your way through hordes of zombies, then if you leave that area and come back, you have to wade thru all the zombies again, since they all respawned, and it's allways the same every time, you swing your bat, and they get up again, you swing a second time, and they stay dead, but by that time 10 others have shown up, then your weapons breaks and you have to get another one, and wade through hordes of zombies yet again. granted there are special ways to dispose of said zombies, but you have to do a hell of alot of hack & slash to be able to do those special things without being eaten by the rest of the horde.

dead rising isn't a bad game, but it sure is repetative.

p.s. @creedy: let us know how your imported X360 works out ok, since i might do they same. amazon sell the premium console at 399 USD, which works out to be about 530 AUD. that beats the price of aussie consoles at the moment. plus you can preorder halo 3 from the same place.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know pretty much every video game since 1980 has been like that, right?
Kermi
resonance cascade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Man, Dead Rising sounds exactly like the Hunter: the Reckoning games, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds.

By which I mean totally kickass.
HimuraBattousai
Kagami Yagami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
You still have to BUY the rechargeable batteries and the charger, so the extra expense is still a definate issue here.

Except with rechargeables, it's a once off expense, not an ongoing expense.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Honestly, I'm suprised you don't have rechargeable batteries allready.
Karakura_Red
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creedy wrote:
All for just $1041 including shipping, I have to say I'm quite happy. Heres hoping my X360 does not overheat or anything.

Slightly off-topic... I'm sure this has been asked before, but what's the threshold on imported goods before you have to start paying duty & gst on them? It used to be $250 a year or two back, but I think it's a lot more than that now...

I'm looking at importing a 360 (JP vers.), but I don't want to get hit for duties & GST like I did when I imported my Cube all those years ago.

Thanks!
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
$1000 for normal airmail or EMS. In my experience it's $250 for private courier, though others have sworn on their mothers grave it's $500... I got hit for duty on a $300 order, and they told me it was $250, so...

You should get an Asian version of the 360, btw. It's Japanese region, but already 240v, so no pesky transformer involved.

Page 2 of 105

Jump to: