Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

The XBox 360 Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
The XBox 360 Thread
Author
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, not counting my luck on the DSE sale Smile Thanks for the heads-up on the MS points from the UK, will sort something out with local stuff then Smile
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's strange, the 12-month gold sub cards work, but the point cards don't.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently have a PS3, but have been considering getting a 360.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the record, I have just ordered Deadly Premonition and will happily await its arrival in the post at some point. I think there's at least one person on these forums who will find this amusing/entertaining Smile
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
For the record, I have just ordered Deadly Premonition and will happily await its arrival in the post at some point. I think there's at least one person on these forums who will find this amusing/entertaining Smile

I'm going to do the same as well so he'll get off my back about it. But if it's not any good...So help me God... Mad
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The price of admission works for me, so we'll see what happens Smile
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice pile of stuff arrived this week.

First up, THIS linked cos its big and I hate breaking width.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
- I love the LEGO games. With this one I now have them all. Well, until they release more, of course. I will buy those, too.
Rayman Origins
- Was not interested in this until I saw a trailer, then the price. Its "Only" the Standard version but with this title the standard was less common than the limited, wasnt it?
Deus Ex Human Revolution
- Was not interested in this, either, but some of you guys talked me around on this. Despite being the only person on the planet who didn't like the first one and never played the second.
Split/Second Velocity
- Didn't think I'd ever see this cheap enough to warrant the purchase. Not a "racing" fan in the slightest, but this looked more like Stupid Fun Car Game than a real racer. Pretty sure I will enjoy it until the Rubber Band AI completely kills it. As it always does.
Assassins Creed Revelations
- Possibly my favorite Series this Gen. Surprised it took me this long to buy this one.
Saints Row the Third
- Hoping it makes up for the mistakes made by the second game, and gets back to the pure stupid fun of the first.

Due to that last one there, I have just re-visited Saints Row and despite not having played it for almost 4 years it was STILL one of the most funnest games I've played. The Higher levels of some of the Activities are stupidly difficult. They rely more on luck than skill. I.. hate that. In anything. I hated it here too. Fortunately outside those particular points I still loved the hell out of it.

Was pleasantly surprised to find the game included Beethoven's 9th in its entirety which I adore. Also, THIS. One of my most favoritest songs of all time. ALL TIME.

If anyone would like to re-visit Saint's Row and attempt the Co-Op achievements, add me please.

I'm now installing Saints Row 2 to mess around in for a bit before I move on to the third. Unlike the first, I don't think I was forward thinking enough to have multiple saves here, so hope there is still something left to do in the end game. Looking at my achievements there is still some stuff left unfinished in the activities, but I remember the activities here being even worse than the first game. Not sure I'll get much more out of those. They really felt like unless you played them co-op, you could not do them. Sad

That said, same as above, if anyone would like to run around doing some co-op here, add me please. I could REALLY do with some help in some of those higher level activities.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, I stopped playing Rorona because time limits are the work of the devil, and started playing Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It's my first Ace Combat game and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's cheesy enough that you don't take it too seriously which also helps. Razz

Also, the soundtrack is amazing. I'm really glad now that I bought the Limited Edition. It's definitely something I'd listen to outside of the game (y'know, as I already do).

But I also got around to connecting the Xbox to the 'net the other day and after all the updates (ugh) I bought a few games from the arcade. FEZ, the Scott Pilgrim game and Ikaruga. Ikaruga is good, as I don't need to tell most people on here, the Scott Pilgrim game is a reasonably fun brawler but FEZ is amazing.

I just love the art style and the game has a sense of wonderment and adventure that doesn't feel contrived like so many other indie platformers. It's great fun. Well, up until my save file corrupted that is...

Gomez has entirely the best expression as well. He just looks totally nonchalant about the fact he is breaking the universe as he knew it. Razz

In news to appease HeDanny, Deadly Premonition rocked up in the mail today. Looks reasonably fun even if I still have no idea what this is. Laughing
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:
So, I stopped playing Rorona

I stopped playing Rorona because it was such a disappointment compared to the other Atelier games.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OniV2 wrote:
I stopped playing Rorona because it was such a disappointment compared to the other Atelier games.

I actually really, really liked it but just had trouble properly getting into it because of how restrictive it can be. I've heard Totori does away with the time restrictions so I'll likely enjoy that more. I'll certainly come back to it at some point though. The characters are too fun. Smile

I prefer the Iris series myself because the alchemy has more of a purpose outside of just story progression and the battles actually mean something (by extension also giving you something to use items with!). Both are still fun elements in Rorona though.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So anyway Trials Evolution is pretty great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:
In news to appease HeDanny, Deadly Premonition rocked up in the mail today. Looks reasonably fun even if I still have no idea what this is. Laughing

Hey, me too - mine arrived and has been installed on the XB360 in prep for some gaming Smile Got some other games in lately as well, but not sure where to start Razz
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:
I actually really, really liked it but just had trouble properly getting into it because of how restrictive it can be. I've heard Totori does away with the time restrictions so I'll likely enjoy that more. I'll certainly come back to it at some point though. The characters are too fun. Smile

I prefer the Iris series myself because the alchemy has more of a purpose outside of just story progression and the battles actually mean something (by extension also giving you something to use items with!). Both are still fun elements in Rorona though.

I pretty much came from Atelier Iris 1 straight to Atelier Rorona, and I was definitely disappointed (especially with the battles, it's like battles literally were simply there to be annoying). The jump to 3D was similar to the awkward 3D games that launched with the Playstation One or Sega Saturn. Odd movements, weird battles and more of a focus on non-3D elements.

To me Atelier Rorona was just a worse version of Recettear. Now THAT was a well implemented game (gameplay and strategy-wise).
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
Hey, me too - mine arrived and has been installed on the XB360 in prep for some gaming Smile Got some other games in lately as well, but not sure where to start Razz

I actually started it. It seems playing it also doesn't help you in understanding what the hell this is. It's good so far though. Razz

OniV2 wrote:
I pretty much came from Atelier Iris 1 straight to Atelier Rorona, and I was definitely disappointed (especially with the battles, it's like battles literally were simply there to be annoying). The jump to 3D was similar to the awkward 3D games that launched with the Playstation One or Sega Saturn. Odd movements, weird battles and more of a focus on non-3D elements.

To me Atelier Rorona was just a worse version of Recettear. Now THAT was a well implemented game (gameplay and strategy-wise).

Well, Iris was a departure for the series really. The Atelier games are more about the alchemy and interacting with the characters and stuff which is what Rorona went back to. I agree though, it is a bit of a change from what Iris presented.

I don't mind battles myself but they do feel pointless. From what I've heard, the latter games do place a bigger emphasis on battles and actually make them worthwhile.

The latter games also improve on the engine so the game looks and plays better. I'll likely get back to Rorona one day but as it is I'm really more interested in Totori and Meruru. They look great. Smile

On a related note, have you played the Ar tonelico games? If you enjoyed Iris then I'd recommend those. They don't focus on the alchemy like Iris - though it's there and important obviously - and have a high focus on the RPG aspects. They also include visual novel elements as well if that's your thing. I played the first game and really enjoyed it.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:
I actually started it. It seems playing it also doesn't help you in understanding what the hell this is. It's good so far though. Razz

That sounds pretty good to me - HD described it as apeing Twin Peaks, which sounds like a concept with plenty of potential.

Quote:
On a related note, have you played the Ar tonelico games? If you enjoyed Iris then I'd recommend those. They don't focus on the alchemy like Iris - though it's there and important obviously - and have a high focus on the RPG aspects. They also include visual novel elements as well if that's your thing. I played the first game and really enjoyed it.

I've got Ar Tonelico on the PS3, but haven't played it yet Smile Not sure on the Atelier thingamajiggy games, should I wait until Meruru comes out before jumping on board? I have the first game on the PS2 on my wish-list though, just need to track it down.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I just finished (100% in stats, every achievement) Saint's Rowthe Third. Super awesomely freaking cool. WIth out a doubt the single coolest game ever. Every time it made me say "oh man, Awesome!" or "that was so cool!" I would think to myself surely there can't be any new moments like that Yet, 70 hours in, it was STILL impressing the hell out of me with just how amazing and fresh and entertainingly stupid it all was. I'll absolutely revisit when the DLC goes on sale.

No Idea what to play now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
I've got Ar Tonelico on the PS3, but haven't played it yet Smile Not sure on the Atelier thingamajiggy games, should I wait until Meruru comes out before jumping on board? I have the first game on the PS2 on my wish-list though, just need to track it down.

Missed this post, sorry.

I haven't played the other two Arland games yet but they don't tell one story over the three games. It's more like the area grows over the span. I think Totori does have an older Rorona though so there may be some minor spoilers and in-jokes and whatnot.

As for the Iris series, the games themselves only have very minor links to each other. Chronologically they're quite a length apart (a bit hard to explain without spoiling things but the first game isn't the first chronologically).

I've yet to play the second Ar tonelico game so I'm not sure how close they are but they're in chronological order of the world. From memory it's hundreds of years apart though.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool, so I can dive in whenever and get by, awesome Very Happy
Martzy
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

This is awesome and so true
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Binary Domain arrived yesterday. Looks so B-Grade cool. Pretty much going to get slotted in somewhere quite close to the top of the To Play List.

Finished (with the full 1k) LEGO Star Wars III: the Clone Wars. It was cute as expected. I dont think I really connected to it in quite that same Sore-Face-From-Smiling way I have most of the previous LEGO games from Travellers Tales. I put that down to not really being a fan of the source material. I quite liked the RTS-ish levels. They added something quite new for the series. It was really fun building all the different vehicles and troops and watching the adorable LEGO mayhem play out on the field.

Time to Start on Assassin's Creed Revelations I think. I'll go back and play the DaVinci DLC in Brotherhood first as I picked that up recently.

Speaking of DLC, has Anyone Played the DLC for Revelations? Is it worth the 800msp (so, like, $13ish real money, which is only $2 less than I bought the whole damn game for! DLC is such a ripoff [/grumpy])? I don't really want to look at the description for it cos, well, posible spoilers. That said, it's some sort of Desmond focussed thing? That might be slightly awesome. Desmond never gets enough time in these games IMO. If it Is Desmond, and it is Substantial, I might pick it up. Advice/Opinion pls?
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a 1500 points card the other day and decided to purchase Half Minute Hero (as I said before), as well as Scott Pilgrim: The Game. They're fairly good.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HeDanny wrote:
Binary Domain arrived yesterday. Looks so B-Grade cool. Pretty much going to get slotted in somewhere quite close to the top of the To Play List.

It looked a bit like Yakuza (not that I've really played those to be fair) crossed with Vanquish. Let us know if it's any good though. I'll likely buy it either way but incentive is always nice. Smile
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got the game sitting on my to-play pile too - looked interesting and the price was right. Looking forward to heard HD's/CG's thoughts on it Smile
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, two games rocked up yesterday. Dungeon Siege III and RAGE: Anarchy Edition to be exactly. Both under $20 in a Mighty Ape sale and I have $5 credit so I effectively got the shipping for free. Smile

I started playing Dungeon Siege III with my sister which is entirely frustrating because she's Godawful. Razz Otherwise, the game itself seems rather bland. I barely pay attention to story scenes and couldn't care less about the lore. The actual game itself is marginally better. We're only a few hours in so I'm hoping it gets better...

Otherwise, RAGE looks really awesome and I'm looking forward to playing it sometime soon. Smile
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:

I started playing Dungeon Siege III with my sister which is entirely frustrating because she's Godawful. Razz Otherwise, the game itself seems rather bland. I barely pay attention to story scenes and couldn't care less about the lore. The actual game itself is marginally better. We're only a few hours in so I'm hoping it gets better...

Rented this game because it carried both the Dungeon Siege and Obsidian name - biggest gaming mistake ever! I've never played a game which was an actual chore to play until Dungeon Siege 3.
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, for anyone following tech news there's an amusing little situation evolving in the US. A couple of years ago Microsoft sued Motorola for infringing on patents and got it's android phone banned. Motorola has replied by suing Microsoft for infringing on video codec patents and last week a US Judge has recommended the ban of Xbox sales in the US.

Quote:
An International Trade Commission administrative law judge has recommended a ban on the Xbox in the U.S., but his findings require approval by the full commission.

The ITC decision actually dates back to April when Microsoft was found to have infringed on four Motorola patents with its Xbox gaming console. The commission's full recommendations were not released until this week, however, and they call for a ban on Xbox imports and sales.

Microsoft said that banning the Xbox in the U.S. would be contrary to the public interest, but Administrative Law Judge David P. Shaw said in his decision (below) that Microsoft's argument "is not persuasive."

"It has not been alleged or shown that Sony or Nintendo would fail to meet the demand for consumer video gaming consoles in the event that an exclusion order [was] issued," Shaw continued.

There is, however, "a strong public interest in enforcing intellectual property rights; not enforcing those rights in light of a potential economic impact occurs only in exceptional circumstances," he said.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404810,00.asp

It's always really amusing to watch karma in action Laughing
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
drae wrote:
Rented this game because it carried both the Dungeon Siege and Obsidian name - biggest gaming mistake ever! I've never played a game which was an actual chore to play until Dungeon Siege 3.

We stopped playing it because it's just waaay to boring. The game also seems to be broken when you play it with other people which doesn't help either. Confused

In any case, I popped in RAGE and that's been pretty good so far. There is certainly more id in the game than I'd anticipated as stupid as that sounds. Razz Not quite the "open world" experience I'd hoped for but it's still rather fun all the same.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just gave some of the Sega Vintage Collection releases on XBLA a whirl in demo format.

In what can only be described as amazing news, it looks like Sega did it right this time and got M2 to take care of the new emulation engines. The results are gob-smackingly delicious, with only a tiny hint of sprite tearing, amazing audio and razor-sharp pixels.

This is what Sega should have done all along. Backbone's emulation was serviceable, but in a 2002 kind of way. I picked up Monster World IV on PSN because it was $5 and I had some left over money in my US account. Looks like it's on the Australia store now for a reasonable $6.95, and of course the great news there is that this is the first time the game has been officially released in English Smile
Kermi
resonance cascade

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of the collections has Alex Kidd in Miracle World, right? I really want to give that another shot.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
Just gave some of the Sega Vintage Collection releases on XBLA a whirl in demo format.

In what can only be described as amazing news, it looks like Sega did it right this time and got M2 to take care of the new emulation engines. The results are gob-smackingly delicious, with only a tiny hint of sprite tearing, amazing audio and razor-sharp pixels.

This is what Sega should have done all along. Backbone's emulation was serviceable, but in a 2002 kind of way. I picked up Monster World IV on PSN because it was $5 and I had some left over money in my US account. Looks like it's on the Australia store now for a reasonable $6.95, and of course the great news there is that this is the first time the game has been officially released in English Smile

Sweet! When I'm not poor I'm certainly going to be picking these up. Smile
HeDanny
Grumpy Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sunk 50+ hours into Just Cause 2 on Hardcore and mostly hated it. Finished the story, so I started a new game on Casual instead and now I'm mostly loving it.

I miss the original Rico. Antonio Banderas with a mullet and cool clothes wielding unlimited ammo custom twin pistols has been replaced with a super generic protagonist placeholder with none of those things. Tragic. Sad

Then again, this game does have Johnny Cash running the black market Smile
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Xbox has developed that loveable little pesonality quirk where it decides to just shut itself off at random points throughout the day, the little scamp. Luckily I only bought this one 6 months ago, so back to Microsoft it goes where I hope it'll cultivate a more agreeable character.

*Sigh* big fat pain in the arse.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Kermi: Yup, that's the one - I tried Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the trial version on my XB360 and it looks/sounds lovely. It even lets you correct the button configuartion as it's running the cart version of the game, which features onigiri and the jump/punch button around the wrong way. When the game was built into the SMS2, they changed the onigiri to a hamburger and fixed the punch/jump config. I'm currently working on a slim switch for one of my SMS2 pads so I can swap the buttons around as I now load up a cart version of Alex Kidd on a SMS1 and keep pressing the wrong button Razz

@CG: Yes, I encourage the buying of Sega Vintage Collection titles when you are not poor.

Speaking of poverty, I am stricken after going on a retro binge, with some modern-gen binging at the same time. I finally picked up FFXIII for example, because I'm cheap and waited until the superior Asian release was more reasonably priced. I played 5 minutes of it and thought it was lovely, but that might have been because the flashy graphics and Japanese voices seduced me into believing in the promise the game delivered back in... 2009 or whenever it came out.

When I have recovered from poverty, I will add more current gen games to my pile of shame. As I went a little crazy, I don't know how long it will take to recover. It was fun though Smile
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is Alex Kidd in Miracle World the one built into the Master System 2? I seem to recall both loving and hating that game in equal measure. Razz

I loved it because the game is brilliant but hated it because every time the cartridge wouldn't load I'd be subjected to the same tune over and over and over. Didn't help that it happened often.

OHGODIMISSOLDCONSOLESNEWCONSOLESSUCK

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXdznM0KNI

drae wrote:
My Xbox has developed that loveable little pesonality quirk where it decides to just shut itself off at random points throughout the day, the little scamp. Luckily I only bought this one 6 months ago, so back to Microsoft it goes where I hope it'll cultivate a more agreeable character.

*Sigh* big fat pain in the arse.

Mine developed the annoying habit of not opening my disc tray. Sad My sister got angry with it and me and just mashed like crazy on the button and it opened haha.

Other than that it's been a champ. I've had it for 6 or so years now and the only problems I've encountered have been the disc tray not opening and the fact the date reverts back to one particular date. Makes finding which save game to use a bit annoying on certain games...
Kermi
resonance cascade

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:
@Kermi: Yup, that's the one - I tried Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the trial version on my XB360 and it looks/sounds lovely. It even lets you correct the button configuartion as it's running the cart version of the game, which features onigiri and the jump/punch button around the wrong way. When the game was built into the SMS2, they changed the onigiri to a hamburger and fixed the punch/jump config. I'm currently working on a slim switch for one of my SMS2 pads so I can swap the buttons around as I now load up a cart version of Alex Kidd on a SMS1 and keep pressing the wrong button Razz
Interesting, I had a SMS1 and Alex Kidd was built into my console. I was always confused why there even was a cart to begin with! My SMS1 must have been released late in the cycle. I'm fairly sure it also had the hamburger instead of the onigiri, but I'm going on some pretty old memories so I wouldn't quote me on that.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even later in the system's lifecycle, Sonic 1 was built into the SMS. I had the Alex Kidd version. I think the hamburger was standard in PAL, if not outside Japan?
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Even later in the system's lifecycle, Sonic 1 was built into the SMS. I had the Alex Kidd version. I think the hamburger was standard in PAL, if not outside Japan?

We also had one with Sonic built-in. Smile
OniV2
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:

We also had one with Sonic built-in. Smile

I remember it, a relative of mine owned one and she never bought any games for it - still could play Sonic though.
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangaman wrote:

There were a number of revisions of the SMS1 and SMS2 hardware with different games built-in. For the SMS1 there was hardware with the snail/maze game thingo, some with Hang On and a game using the lightgun (that's what mine has) and Alex Kidd with the revised hamburger ROM. The SMS2 had Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the most part, but later on came with Sonic 1.

All cartridge versions of the game in all territories had the jump/punch buttons around the "wrong" way and onigiri (my cart is a PAL cart), it was only the revised ROM built into the SMS1/2 that had the updated version.

There you go.

Interesting about the change onigiri -> hamburger. I suppose they changed it because kids who played it didn't know what onigiri is. Though why they didn't change it from the word go is curious.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
From memory, we had a few through the years - some with Sonic and some with Alex Kidd (and the hamburger!). Dad'd pick one up from a garage sale or something with a few games and we'd play it but if we stopped for a while he'd sell them. Sad

He's sold most of the older systems off that way. We had rare games like ET and all sorts too.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CG wrote:
He's sold most of the older systems off that way. We had rare games like ET and all sorts too.

ET, rare? There's a whole landfill of them in the US. Very Happy
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wen we were kids I remember selling the A2600 and C64 when we stopped playing them, and my brothers and I combined out powers to sell of the SMS2 and all our games in order to buy a SMD; after that we always kept our consoles Smile
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
ET, rare? There's a whole landfill of them in the US. Very Happy

It's utter tripe as well! I remember playing it and literally could not figure out what the I'M TOO DUMB TO FIND OTHER WORDS TO USE SO I USE THE F WORD was going on. Like, why was I going in holes and stuff? Razz Seemed pretty broken as well as all sorts of weird things would happen.

Mangaman wrote:
Wen we were kids I remember selling the A2600 and C64 when we stopped playing them, and my brothers and I combined out powers to sell of the SMS2 and all our games in order to buy a SMD; after that we always kept our consoles Smile

Unfortunately, I'd come home from school and they'd be gone haha. I was more into PC gaming so I wasn't that annoyed but as I've gotten older I really do miss them. I'm probably going to start buying retro consoles and will look to get an SMS2 and stuff so would've been handy if we'd kept them. Razz

Actually, I just remembered one day I went into a Cash Converters and they had a MASSIVE box filled with C64 discs and accessories for $15. Was immense haha. Was about the size of a small-regular TV unit and filled to the brim. Smile
Mangaman
Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That box sounds like a delightful container of awesome Smile
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bought an Xbox 360 on the weekend along with Fable III, Dragon Age Origin, Dragon Age II, DOA4, DOA xtreme 2 Smile Came with two kinnect games but can't remember what they are. Had fun putting abc iview onto my console and foxtel through my console is temping, though would be better if they had individual packages since what I want is spread out over a couple of packages which makes it expensive.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just so you know, DoAX2 doesn't work with the new dashboard for some reason. It'll run, but you won't be able to save anything.
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Just so you know, DoAX2 doesn't work with the new dashboard for some reason. It'll run, but you won't be able to save anything.

If it doesn't work I will just borrow my friends first release xbox360 to play it Smile And personally I just like having everything to do with DOA even if I can play it on the console I have Smile

Does anyone know if getting a HDMI cable makes a difference to reading text in games? The text in Fable III is very hard to read and I noticed my friend has the same problem with Skyrim on her console. I plan to get HDMI cable either way, need to free up the composite cable for my PS2 & Wii so not always changing cables over.
CG
Yukino Miyazawa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feball3001 wrote:
Does anyone know if getting a HDMI cable makes a difference to reading text in games?

Yes. Hell yes. Razz You can, like, get them really cheap online or just pick up an Apple brand one for $20. The Apple one supports 3D and stuff too if that's something you're interested in.

Page 103 of 105

Jump to: