Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Why aren't we talking about Game of Thrones? (spoilers)

Why aren't we talking about Game of Thrones? (spoilers)
Author
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Why aren't we talking about Game of Thrones? (spoilers) Reply with quote
Because holy crap it's pretty great.

A note on spoilers:

Since this is based on a popular series of books that many people have read, we'd appreciate everyone tagging spoilers with [book spoiler] for any aspect of the book that hasn't made it into the TV series.

Additionally, while I'd like to assume that everyone's always all caught up with the latest episode, some people haven't, so you may wish to tag TV spoilers with, for example [season 3 spoiler] if it's a season three spoiler and so on.

Last edited by StorminNorman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
THE ROOSE IS LOOSE

Edit: Spoilers for the latest episode.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's like... the least spoilerish thing about the episode by the way.

Also yes. Spoilers. This show has them. Tag accordingly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got season one on layby.
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
That's like... the least spoilerish thing about the episode by the way.

Also yes. Spoilers. This show has them. Tag accordingly.

I know, but i know plenty of people who would consider that a giant spoiler. So, figured i would play it safe.
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm actually really looking forward to what is bound to happen next episode (or the one after that at the latest).

I've been waiting for Joffrey's death since about the second episode of season 1
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Game of Thrones is pretty much all paytv hype...like if you don't have paytv then you can't watch it to see what its like.
You can buy the series if you like, but if you haven't even seen a single episode then you won't have a clue as what its about or if you will like the series or not.

I've heard it's quite controversial in certain scenes and that the show is described as 'sex and blood'.

I like to think of it as a bit like Spartacus: Blood and Sand where the tv version was censored and yet the DVD's release was R18+ uncut and uncensored.
I do have Spartacus: Blood and Sand which is good if you like that kind of action...but I don't know really much about Game of Thrones at all except that it's based on novels.

It's funny people who collect the series pay for it 'Twice'...think about it.
You pay to watch it on paytv and then you pay for it again when you buy the series uncut on disc... so your paying for it 'twice'...it's funny because it's TRUE. Laughing
I rather see it any series for 'free' and then judge if I want to buy it.

But I have heard about a few characters and actors who play part in the series.
I've read and heard about the character Jon Snow is the illegitimate son of Sean Bean's character...and that's pretty much all I know about those characters...goes to show I know very little about the series...and yet people rant about it so much I hear about the characters. Laughing
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knight of L-sama wrote:
I'm actually really looking forward to what is bound to happen next episode (or the one after that at the latest).

spoiler tags don't seem to work in quoted text

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen till next season, probably around the halfway mark is my guess, especially seeing as the next episode is the last for season 3.[/i]
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
(Basil Hall Chamberlain, 1904)
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen till next season, probably around the halfway mark is my guess, especially seeing as the next episode is the last for season 3.[/i]

Though they've changed some things about they're still sticking fairly close to the chronology of the books and those events happened pretty much back to back in the book.
Dr.Jackal
Sylia Stingray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[Book Spoiler/Maybe Next Ep] I wonder if we will be spared Grey Wind's head being sewn onto Robb's Body?

Edit: Probably a good idea to note where the spoiler is from, book of TV.
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SS3 Son Goku wrote:
Game of Thrones is pretty much all paytv hype...like if you don't have paytv then you can't watch it to see what its like.

...Yes you can *cough*

And yes, make sure to note if your spoiler is to do with the book or the TV show.

Also, this. (don't read if you haven't seen the latest episode.)
Lisa86
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh wow people need to get a life. yes I was sitting at the tv yelling at it and crying but I don't want to go off and kill the guy who did the books or show. or kill myself for that matter.

there are other people in the story people,

and get it right. there wolfs not dogs

lol
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

And yes, make sure to note if your spoiler is to do with the book or the TV show.

Might want to do it like the asoiaf subreddit. Spoiler GoT/ACOK/ASOS/AFFC/ADWD/D&E.
"...Seeing that you speak Japanese, they will wag their heads and smile condescendingly, and admit to each other that you are really quite intelligent - much as we would do in the presence of a pig or an ape of somewhat unusual attainments."
Knight of L-sama
Masamune Shirow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Also, this. (don't read if you haven't seen the latest episode.)

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after Season 1. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I loved the last episode, it's my favourite of this season, can't wait till next weeks episode. Hope season 4 isn't too far away.
chippy
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
intersting seeing people say they wont watch it again because of the last ep, but you know they will

it was a little shocking what happend but now I know anyone is fair game which means the stroy can take unexpected turns any time

I had a friend who read the books and he told me back in series 1 (about half way) [book spoiler] that joffrey is going to die and how, I cant wait to see that. the little spinless s##t

[TAG YOUR DAMN BOOK SPOILERS FFS - SN]
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordCONAN wrote:
Might want to do it like the asoiaf subreddit. Spoiler GoT/ACOK/ASOS/AFFC/ADWD/D&E.

Bit too tumblr for me. Just [book spoiler] or [series N spoiler] should be enough.

Also, https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh
YRD9000
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can never share this gif enough

[book/ep 9 spoiler, url doesn't hide in spoiler tag]Billy Idol is The Stranger
lordCONAN
Melfina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:

Bit too tumblr for me. Just [book spoiler] or [series N spoiler] should be enough.

Why have a series number spoiler tag then? Theres 5 books, and I'm gunna guess not everyone has read all of them, so it could be pretty easy to ruin it for people if you just say book spoiler and don't specify which book.
SS3 Son Goku
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lisa86 wrote:
oh wow people need to get a life. yes I was sitting at the tv yelling at it and crying but I don't want to go off and kill the guy who did the books or show. or kill myself for that matter.

Wow people are going crazy of this series and take this series way too seriously...remember it's just a Tv show based on novels.

Tv shows do have a lot of clichés where the final episode of a series a main character or a character dies and yet fans get angry at writers because of it and it sounds crazy.
Just why is that someone or some character always gets killed off at the last episode of a season.
I can practically name more than a dozen Tv shows that follows the same cliché.
But sometimes we get tricked into thinking a main character is going to get killed off, but they do the whole The Sopranos ending thing. Razz
drae
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
Why aren't we talking about Game of Thrones?

Never really understood the appeal of George Martin. Epic fantasy authors today seem to be competing with each other to see who can produce the darkest, grittiest story. It's not a trend I'm liking much.

Also I've always preferred character driven stories to plot driven ones. I read a book because I like the characters and want to spend some time with them [roast chook spoiler...maybe]so Martin's habit of killing off ALL HIS CHARACTERS makes his books unreadable to me. Interestingly, a lot of fantasy fans take a perverse pleasure in Martin killing off their favourite characters. Fans of the TV show ... not so much it seems.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: