Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What anime are you watching right now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
What anime are you watching right now?
Author
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished angel beats + OVA ,certainly now among my favorite anime series
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
evil_kenshin wrote:
just finished angel beats + OVA ,certainly now among my favorite anime series

a Favorite of mine as well, only thing I dislike is its too short Razz

I have been watching this week

Blue exorcist Liked it so far, will have to wait for all the volume before I say more. I will properly start collecting the manga though

Freezing not bad, lives up to the manga I think with just a few changes. I liked it though it seems the pandora clothes are made out of wet tissue paper Razz

Please teacher wasnt sure about this one took a gamble on it. I really liked it. I thought the comedy was great and I like its simple story, I think the ending could have slightly longer as it did not do a great job at explaining but otherwise this one easily goes into my favorites
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Towa no Quon last weekend with a friend. Reminded me somewhat of S-cry-ed a bit but overall we both enjoyed it and the first anime I had completed in what seems like years as I've started many, heh.

I'll be easily buying this when I have the cash for sure.

lostone1993 wrote:

Please teacher wasnt sure about this one took a gamble on it. I really liked it. I thought the comedy was great and I like its simple story, I think the ending could have slightly longer as it did not do a great job at explaining but otherwise this one easily goes into my favorites

Check out Please Twins if you enjoyed that. Set in the same universe and some characters do appear but mostly introduces new characters, while not as good as Teacher (IMO at least) I still enjoyed it.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedfreek19 wrote:

Check out Please Twins if you enjoyed that. Set in the same universe and some characters do appear but mostly introduces new characters, while not as good as Teacher (IMO at least) I still enjoyed it.

I have been checking it out Razz , not fully sure if it will be in my next order. I am kinda on the borderline for it since it is in the same universe but just looking at some of the reviews and the episode synopsis it seems to lack what I liked about please teacher. on the plus side though it seems to have a few of my favorite VA's

EDIT: Been watching Coppelion at first the visual bothered me but they have really grown on me, I love the setup of the story as well I cant wait for more Smile
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
anime ive been watching since October 1st.

-Bleach episode 63-134 (set 4-7) (still really enjoying the series)
-Tsuritama 7/10 (was ok, really didn't like some of the characters)
-Michiko to Hatchin 8/10 (really liked it, especially where it was set (a country like Brazil) nice change from the usual anime series. And loved the characters!!)
-Blue Exorcist 8/10 (liked it as well, hoping for a second season or something)
-Blue Exorcist Specials 7/10
-Blue Exorcist: Runaway Kuro 6/10 (meh)
-Guilty Crown 8/10 (Really enjoyed it, didn't mind all those twists and turns, though there was a lot of plot holes)
-Blood-C: The Last Dark 8/10 (would of given it a 9/10 if the character Mana Hiiragi didn't exist, she was just so damn annoying)
-The Future Diary.....6/10 (liked the story, but hated everything else. This is probably the first anime where ive hated every single character, Yukiteru was just so pathetic)(Also shame its DVD only, looked pretty crappy on my 55 inch TV)

Anyways, currently watching Cowboy Bebop on blu-ray, looks awesome in HD! also bleach set 8.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've finally finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood*, which was very good and worth the wait.
It's slightly surprising how well they they retold the bits covered in the original series without it being either a straight copy or completely different, whilst also extending it.

I really liked the ending Smile

Next up is probably going to be K-on! the movie.

*I put off watching it until Manga finally released the remainder of it on Blu-ray.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Campione and it was as entertaining as I hoped it would be when I first heard about it over 12 months ago. It does have fanservice in it, but it's not overpowering like other fanservice anime I've come across. It's also a harem anime, but there is enough tension, laugher and action to keep you wanting to see more.

Hope that a second season comes out.

Currently watching Bodacious Space Pirates part 1 that Hanabee released out here. I was cringing when I saw the OP and dreaded what I got myself into. I was even poised to hit the eject button on my portable dvd player, but thankfully the anime itself is very easy to watch. The english dub is quite good with a few familiar VA's involved and the lip synching that I've heard bad things about haven't appeared on this release.

The only annoying this is how Marika is referring her mother in name and san. I was and still am annoyed at that. Mother/mum only gets used a couple of times by ep 7 I think. I found that stupid. I don't call my mum by her first name. She'd slap me or tell me off like there was no tomorrow if I did that.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
jeff
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Eureka Seven AO on BD over the weekend. A rather good show, but not as good as the original series though. They tried to do to much and it seamed a bit confused at times because of that. It looks excellent on BD. The bonus episode at the end set part way though the series was a laugh with the girls etc making Ao dress as a girl & even wearing clothes like Eureka's uniform which of cause makes him look exactly like Eureka, there was even a Ranma 1/2 parody thrown in!

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Bodacious Space Pirates and it was pretty entertaining. There was a few moments where you could see Marika speaking but no sound which was a shame as that and a lip synch mis-cue in 1 scene lessened what had appeared to be an almost perfect job. This was for the english dub.

The series itself was nicely varied and the twists was predictable for the most part. It was an enjoyable ride and one I will no doubt enjoy again in the near future.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if it counts, but I watched the English-dubbed Attack on Titan Abridged. Very funny. It covers the first five episodes, and it runs for 20 minutes.
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the weekend I watched Mitchiko & Hatchin on Blu Ray, it felt rather average. It was a bit too long & I just couldn't connect with any of the characters.

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Watamote the last few days.
parrad11
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Collection 1 of Guilty Crown on Blu-Ray, noticed a few new scenes I didn't remember seeing when I watched it on the Madman Screening Room.
A bit disappointed changing the audio and subtitle tracks on the PS3 are disabled though (I wanted to watch the English audio with English subtitles), being unable to turn them off also means some of the credits become obscured as well. Also liked the fact it didn't force you to sit through the trailers after starting the Blu-Ray, but maybe that was because there were no trailers in the special features to watch on either disc.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
watched a few this week

strike witches season 1 + 2
I found both to be great enjoyed every minute.Possibly my favorite anime at the moment. I hope the movie gets dubbed and released in the near future. I know that there is a new series in the works though I will call it quits after the movie

Highschool DxD
rather enjoyable, enjoyed it more then I thought I was. Ignore the ecchi stuff and it still has a rather interesting storyline
Thought some of it could have been toned down but still enjoyable

Blue exorcist vol3
I like it as I am enjoying blue exorcist series (both anime and manga)I thought the dvd was a bit short, Have not checked out the bonus episode yet
Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
strike witches season 1 + 2
I found both to be great enjoyed every minute.Possibly my favorite anime at the moment. I hope the movie gets dubbed and released in the near future. I know that there is a new series in the works though I will call it quits after the movie

FUNimation just listed season 1 and 2 for S.A.V.E. editions, which usually means they are completely done with the series.
In other words even though the movie is REALLY enjoyable, it's not looking good for an English release of the movie Sad
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sylontack wrote:
[..]
FUNimation just listed season 1 and 2 for S.A.V.E. editions, which usually means they are completely done with the series.
In other words even though the movie is REALLY enjoyable, it's not looking good for an English release of the movie Sad

bugger Sad .....well I will change my above to I hope madman gets the movie then. Though a shame it would not be English dubbed I would still watch it
jeff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night watched part one of Fate/Zero dubbed on Blu Ray. The dub is rather good other than some bizarre reason Aniplex have it with only a 2.0 English audio track & this is not an encoding problems this is what it labelled on the box as! Mad The Japanese track is as per the original subbed version.

R1 DVDs
kyoujin
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeff wrote:
Aniplex have it with only a 2.0 English audio track

not only that but its encoded at the basic low rate of 192kbps.....compared to the Japanese track which is 2.3mbps.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, considering we weren't expecting it to happen at all, I'm not too picky about it. :3

Anyway, speaking of Aniplex,... Some what related and terrible segue aside. ...I've been watching the Madoka movies, or rather the first today. Looking to watch the next part before diving into the main event, being Rebellion. I realise it's recapping what occurred in the TV series, with prettier animation. Very pretty, actually. Great use of colour and scope, and even trippier imagery with the witch mazes, but hey! I can't see any down side to that. :3

Chii_123
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't know if it counts, but I watched the English-dubbed Attack on Titan Abridged. Very funny. It covers the first five episodes, and it runs for 20 minutes.

I am interested in watching it Razz but which abridged series is it? there are tons of them!

I have started watching Attack on Titan Razz

My Eureka 7 avatar was made by 'starshapedcandy' @ http://starshapedcandy.livejournal.com/?tag=animanga:+eureka+7
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chii_123 wrote:
Quote:

I am interested in watching it Razz but which abridged series is it? there are tons of them!

I have started watching Attack on Titan Razz

Team Star Four. I think it's this one.

EDIT - Nested quotes, what? I thought they didn't work here.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings about the ending to the third Madoka movie. Easily the most complex, most emotional entry of the entire series as a whole. Yet, I don't know if I should like that ending or not.

On the plus side, it's good to see Kyubey absolutely scared shitless.

How you take that ending is a case of how you persnal thing. Maybe? It just strikes me as a no win situation.

Was it right of Homura to rip away Madoka’s power, rendering the miracle she achieved completely null and void? Or was it evil to assume control of everything in Madoka’s stead? Yes, Homura’s love for Madoka was beyond measure. No doubt of that, but does it justify what she did? Sure, Madoka gets to live a normal life again, but at what price? The pain that Madoka may forever be out of her reach, and one day they may be forced to fight, due to their opposing ideals?

Madoka’s was also motivated by love to relinquish a normal life to become a god. Yet her actions were slefless. She never once felt her sacrifice was a vain and empty one. Homura’s was just selfish. Homura’s lost a lot more than Madoka did. Yet I can pick good points and bad points to both character’s actions.

It’s a great movie A highlight for the series, but I’ll aways be mixed about that ending.

The opening really took me off guard. It was so upbeat, taking on the cliches of magical shows, I found myself wondering, “Did I download the wrong movie?” Sure, the characters are there as plain as day, but man. I was expecting dark from the get go. Instead, I get something that wouldn’t look out of place on weekday morning show that kids could watch before going to school.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started watching Guilty Crown, but made the mistake of looking at the booklet that came with the box. I was 9 eps in when I looked and it had a lot of spoiler info.

Now due to that I've stopped watching it untill the 2nd half gets released in the next couple of weeks.

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't have time to see the Madoka movie in Japan but did see the second session on opening day 23 November 2013, at the Picadilly, Shinjuku of:

The Tale of Princess Kaguya (2013) / Kaguyahime no monogatari / かぐや姫の物語 http://kaguyahime-monogatari.jp/

Glad to be able to get a ticket and see it, although it was an extremely Bhuddist ending. Also bought some souvenir postcards in the merchandise shop at the cinema.
parrad11
Doraemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have been watching the shows Madman have been adding to the Madman Screening Room, for Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C³ did Madman decide to stop at Episode 4 as Episode 5 did not come out last week and currently has no release date set?

I am not entirely sure, but I think I may have been enjoying that show.
sleepingbunny
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Garden of Sinners. Probably the most stunning series of anime films I have ever seen! That said, I can definitely see why it's not for everyone. Those with low attention spans or expecting lots of action should steer clear, but for anyone interested in deep, complex, thought-provoking stories, this is highly recommended!

There's still a lot of parts I don't fully understand and a few movies have this annoying tendency to expect you to be familiar with the source material, which I haven't read. But other than that, it's a wonderfully executed piece of work which deserves more attention. Extremely rewatchable as well.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished shana Final. to sum it up, It was worth the wait Smile
It was about on par with Shana second in terms of how much I liked it. The first season is still the best

I liked the ending however it was not as good as the one in the books

I was also really happy at the end i heard Hishoku no Sora start playing Very Happy

It is one of my favorite anime-related songs
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
Finished shana Final.

I was also really happy at the end i heard Hishoku no Sora start playing Very Happy

It is one of my favorite anime-related songs

I haven't heard that song yet, just looked it up on youtube. Mami Kawada gave very good live performances at Animelo Summer Live 2012 (playing guitar as well as singing) and Animax Musix 2013.

PS, there are also clips of Serment, the 2nd opening Full Of Shakugan No Shana III Final by Mami Kawada on youtube.

Last edited by u523 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to fit in Perfect Blue on UK blu-ray the other night Smile

It's been a few years since I last watched it, and it's got me wanting to watch Paprika etc again Smile
It's still a good film, with the twists and confusion between what is real and what isn't Smile

The blu-ray is a nice upgrade from my old DVD, although not quite the same improvement as some of the likes of the Ghibli films (not surprising given that I suspect the Ghibli films probably have a bigger budget for the blu-ray transfer etc).

I need to get on with watching some of the other Anime that's arrived recently, as I've got Porco Russo, Fam the silver wing (pt1) and Black Lagoon Roberta's blood Trail here Smile
sleepingbunny
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caught up with episode 10 of Gundam Build Fighters. Really liking this show so far. Lots of entertaining action and humour. Sei and Reiji play off each other very well, and I did not expect Aila to be so adorable! Can't wait to see more of Mao though. Animation and music remain consistent which is good.
ronny
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been tracking Beyond the Boundary on Crunchyroll (along with several other series). Gorgeous show in pretty much every way. Some of the characters are a bit hackneyed (such as the brother with a sister complex, which she finds just creepy) but the relationship between the two protagonists runs the gamut from hilarious to heartbreaking.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Shackugan no shana the movie

um. not bad ? I don't think too much of it the changes are somewhat interesting but unless you have not seen shana before or a big shana fan(I am Razz ) nothing much to see

its unlikely I will watch it again since if anything it makes me want to rewatch the first season again Razz
Very Happy
jeff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watched Princess Mononoke on BD, as expected this excellent movie looks even better on Blu Ray.

R1 DVDs
jeff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night I watched Steins;Gate Movie on BD & it was rather excellent. It is a sequel to the series & was rather interesting.

R1 DVDs
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeff wrote:
Last night I watched Steins;Gate Movie on BD & it was rather excellent. It is a sequel to the series & was rather interesting.

I absolutely loved it as well. when Kurisu put on the lab coat, i lost it. It was a very enjoyable movie and i really hope madman get the license for it
Feball3001
Melfina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On Cruncyroll I have been watching Log Horizon my favourite so far of this seasons anime. Nagi no Asukara which I didn't think I would like and found myself more then I thought I would. Golden time and Infinite Stratos season 2 both of which I have slowly been losing interest in but will watch to the end.

Out of my DVDs rewatched some DBZ episodes from the funimation rock the dragon collection, I love the redubbed stuff but the ocean dub has so much nostolgia with it when I watch it and I just love that opening.

Had my brother over recently and ended up watching random episodes of Deathnote, Blue Exorcist, Tenjho Tenge.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Sword Art Online vol 1 and it was good fun to watch. Then English dub was easy on the ears and I'm looking forward to volume 2.

Currently watching Kekkaishi disc 2 and it's not a bad adaptation of the manga. The dub could be better, but it's not as bad as others I've come across. Pity that the anime only gets to around the halfway point of the manga.

AyanamiSkye
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Watched Sword Art Online vol 1 and it was good fun to watch. Then English dub was easy on the ears and I'm looking forward to volume 2.

I'm not sure about starting this until I get a hold of more volumes. There's like a months gap between the release of the volumes and that's too big of a gap between episodes for my liking.
English voice acting has gotten so much better over the years. When I first started watching anime around ten years ago some of it was awful so I chose to watch subs but with the quality of many of the English dubs today I usually choose to watch dub when available.

I'm currently watching Eureka Seven, Madoka Magica and re-watching Elfen Lied. There's many that I'm eager to start but I only like to watch a few at a time.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A month release is pretty good. MM used to do it that way when they did individual volumes, so I'm happy with it. A month can be a long wait at times, but I prefer that over 6+ months between volumes like some titles I've come across.

Currently near the end of disc 2 of Kekkaishi and it continues to follow the manga.

It's quite fun to watch and I've noticed people leaning over their train seats to watch it as I'm playing it on my portable dvd player.

AyanamiSkye
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're right. One month between volumes is pretty good. Still, any longer than 2 weeks between episodes and I start to forget what happened. Gee 6 months? That sucks. I'm so glad that most series are available as season collections or two parts now days. It's cheaper, easier and saves shelf space.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched karin: chibi vampire that was great
ending could have been better and something was off about the english dub but I cant put my finger on it

currently watching
Guilty Crown: the first 3 episodes have been interesting, Feels a bit like a code geass imitation

Please Twins: something nice not quite loving it as much as please teacher but I am only though the first disc it might pick up. On a side note anyone who has please twins can you check something for me. first episode 13:45 there was missing frames of animation, nothing else wrong curious if it was just a fault with mine

Future Diary: got it have not started on it

I feel like after Future Diary and Guilty Crown I will need something light hearted
anyone know if "Is this a zombie?" is light hearted ?
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tiger & Bunny is fun. My friend was almost pi$$ing himself from laughing and that was from the first ep onwards. Otherwise you have Azumanga Diaoh and Hetalia which is worth watching.

Near the end of disc 3 of Kekkaishi. Will start on disc 4 tomorrow sometime.

AyanamiSkye
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:

I feel like after Future Diary and Guilty Crown I will need something light hearted
anyone know if "Is this a zombie?" is light hearted ?

The Future Diary is awesome. Yes Is This A Zombie is light hearted. Be warned, it has cross-dressing.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AyanamiSkye wrote:
[..]

The Future Diary is awesome. Yes Is This A Zombie is light hearted. Be warned, it has cross-dressing.

I loved the songs:

Ma・ka・se・te Tonight / Iori Nomizu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OP)
***Passionate / Iori Nomizu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OP)
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished Future diary
that was awesome, really glad I didn't check any plot related stuff would have ruined most of it I think

gotta say didn't expect the all the characters to go FUBAR ever more so with yuki effectively becoming sane again

not quite sure how to take the ending of future diary is it supposed to be sad, neutral or happy....

I figure something bad gonna happen to sho in guilty crown(im waiting to order collection 2, madman site sometime seems to go down at the best times Razz )

EDIT:slight bit of trivia anyone who play Red Alert Listen to the 1st ed of future diary one of the songs in RA2 uses the same voice clip

Gotta feel sorry for sho and yuki
JESTER wrote:
Tiger & Bunny is fun. My friend was almost pi$$ing himself from laughing and that was from the first ep onwards. Otherwise you have Azumanga Diaoh and Hetalia which is worth watching.

Thanks I will add to them to an ever growing list of anime to watch Razz

AyanamiSkye wrote:
[..]

Indeed, Is This A Zombie cool. Cross dressing does not worry me, in most ways anyhow

The Tragic Man wrote:
[..]
You couldn't find them because the toggle for them doesn't exist. You have to type it yourself. It's the word spoiler in the [] and [/] tags.

Thanks mate

Last edited by lostone1993 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
(whited out because I cant find the spoiler tags)

You couldn't find them because the toggle for them doesn't exist. You have to type it yourself. It's the word spoiler in the [] and [/] tags.
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had a couple of relaxing days working through my pile of unwatched anime. Very Happy
Fist off was Wolf Children on BD a rather excellent movie.

Next up was the first half of Little Busters! on BD as usual a rather enjoyable anime take on a Key visual novel. The ending on the first collection was a rather annoying cliff hanger though.

The there was Nakaimo My Little Sister is among them on BD, a enjoyable enough harem comedy.

Arcana Famiglia on BD was enjoyable enough but had a little trouble getting into it.

Good Luck Girl! Binbogami Ga! on BD was rather good although it never really explained why Ichiko lived on her own.

Then there was Maken-Ki! on BD. A fun fan service heavy harem comedy which left the main story a little late, it did leave itself open to another season though. It was certainly a lot better than We Without Wings which I started to watch but gave up after three episodes as a pile of confusing nonsense disguised as fan service.

R1 DVDs
slasher000
BT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeff wrote:

Then there was Maken-Ki! on BD. A fun fan service heavy harem comedy which left the main story a little late, it did leave itself open to another season though. It was certainly a lot better than We Without Wings which I started to watch but gave up after three episodes as a pile of confusing nonsense disguised as fan service.

The second season is airing starting in January in japan, im really looking forward to it.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to watch a few things over the last couple of weeks (despite Christmas and a poorly mutt taking up a lot of time).

Poroc Russo which looked lovely on Blu-ray, and is still one of my favourite Ghibli films Smile
I was a little disappointed that they didn't seem to sub the songs in the English version (the version I was watching, partly as I was exhausted).

Then I watched Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail, again on Blu-ray, which was very good and left me desperately wanting to watch the first two seasons again. Fortunately I got both of them on Blu-ray for Christmas so that's up next Smile

I also watched some of Bodacious Space Pirates at a friends house, I'll probably borrow the disks when I've cleared some of my current backlog Smile

Current anime "to watch ASAP" list includes (in roughly this order of viewing with luck).
Black Lagoon S1 and 2
Wolf Children
Last Exile: Fam the silver Wing part 1.
Macross II.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched discs 4->7 of Kekkaishi and it's good to see how it follows the manga. They alter the chapters in the manga a little bit in sequence but unless you've read the manga you'd never notice that little detail.

I'll wait till thursday to continue on with disc 8.

I just find it a massive shame that the anime only goes part way into volume 13 of the manga. There's 22 volumes after that that is either not animated or hasn't been released in the US.

It is fun to see Yoshimori's grandfather and Tokine's grandmother duking it out like in a scene from Dragonball Z. Absolutely hilarious.

Last edited by JESTER on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Page 255 of 273

Jump to: