Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What anime are you watching right now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next
What anime are you watching right now?
Author
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished IS Season 2
um not a lot I can say just more of IS I kinda enjoy it for being a stupid show I don't really think about, it had some interesting BG music

just finished Dragonar Academy

I watched it on anime lab so what I thought of it overall is properly buried some where <-- that aways. I enjoyed it, It was a bit generic LN anime the only complain is I am really not fond of the character designs they look like little children rather then teenagers
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borrowed Cardcaptor Sakura - The Movie from the local library, yet to watch it.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished up Noragami last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it and wouldn't mind slightly more, but oh well. In parts it reminded me a lot of Soul Eater in terms of humans (well dead one anyway) turning into weapons and some of the musical score. Noragami is likely to be a series I'll re-watch at some point.
jeff
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the weekend I watched Terror in the Resonance an extremely good show, a textbox example of a techno thriller. It is a perfect example of a show to show someone who thinks that anime is either fan service or kids shows.

After that I watched the first disc of Tokyo ESP, is this by the same author &/or studio as Ga-Rei Zero? Yomi & Kagura made a appearance in episode 1 along with s few other characters from that show. It is a rather fun & interesting show so far.

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been re-watching Hanayamata dubbed on Animelab and I'm 10 episodes in. I try not to be too negative about English dubs since there's more than enough negativity in the fandom already, but this is not a good dub.

If you want to pick up the show when it comes out in May then by all means go ahead. The melodrama can get a little tired but it's a cute, charming little coming of age series in a similar vein as Love Live. Though I highly recommend making use of the secondary audio option.

On a much more positive note regarding dubs, I watched the Love Live dub for the second time (Or at least Season 1) and I still love it. Now that I've gotten more used to the English voices I find I'm enjoying it even more than the first time around.

Never thought I'd say this, but if you haven't seen Love Live and you want to watch it dubbed then I say go for it. It's a really solid dub that nails pretty much all the emotional highs and lows. Also on top of being hugely talented and experienced a lot of the VAs are fans of the series which is really cool.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Tokyo Ravens and liked how it played out, though I would like to see a sequel done as I feel that there's a lot more to the world and the characters that can be continued on.

Watched part 3 of Sword Art Online 2 and liked how Asuna gets more screen time along with Kline and the others from SAO. Seeing Sinon also in it was good. I'm looking for part 4 due out next month.

Been rewatching Heroic Age and still love the characters in it, though some of the spaceship images were very bland and boring.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
The Tragic Man
Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since the second season of Love Live recently arrived, I've started going through the entire series. I'm one episode off the end of the first season. I would have liked to wait for the movie, as I haven't seen it yet, but I just got sucked into watching it now.

Threre's a few things I'd forgotten since watching the stream (eg. missing the Love Live, Kotori almost going overseas to study) so it's nice to be reminded.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well as the Tasmanian government so very kindly cut the Basslink cable which as well as carrying power (the initial problem, it broke in December) it also had a fibre cable that supplied the TPG network. So while we have had internet its been terribly slow, not nearly enough to stream anything from animelab. So I've gone into re-watch mode and have started Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei again. It still manages to get me to laugh after countless re-watches and provides interesting comments on Japanese society, albeit, maybe becoming irrelevant as the series is reasonable old now.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Typhrus on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
urgh triple post
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borrowed The World God Only Knows season 1 collection, having heard the OP live back in 2011.

On the second episode now and enjoying it so far.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Double post.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems like there are a couple of bugs with the posting process?

Edit: Seems like that 'debug' screen after initially posting is the problem. Don't try and resend the message as you will double post, or in my case just above, triple post accidentally. The current work around just seems to be clicking on the link that takes you back to the forum. Hardly perfect, but it does prevent multiple posts.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Typhrus wrote:
Seems like there are a couple of bugs with the posting process?

Edit: Seems like that 'debug' screen after initially posting is the problem. Don't try and resend the message as you will double post, or in my case just above, triple post accidentally. The current work around just seems to be clicking on the link that takes you back to the forum. Hardly perfect, but it does prevent multiple posts.

It happens to me esp on my pc. I've pmed Slykura and hopefully something will be done about it.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished season 1 of The World God Only Knows.

Quite enjoyable.

Even more so for being in the audience for ELISA's performance of the OP / INS songs (not where the song at the end was from though):

God Only Knows ~Shuuseki Kairo no Yume Tabibito~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TaqAu1ZNlY
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently watching Tokyo Ghoul and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Going to watch the final eps tomorrow.

I had to buy the ltd ed MM version as the massive box was simply too hard to resist. Wink

Sylontack
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Erased (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi) last night and I have to say my opinion of it has definitely changed. Episodes 1-10 were fantastic and just improved as they went along, each week I was desparate to know what happened next.
Episode 11 was kind of a disaster and I hate where they went with the plot as soon as that episode started- Wasn't a garbage episode but was considerably worse than the rest and comparatively unenjoyable.
Episode 12 was in a similar vein of I didn't like where the plot went as a direct extension of 11, however given what the episode had to work with (that being what Episode 11 was) it picked up the pieces as best as I think it could.
The resolution of the main conflict of the series was kind of silly and disproportionate to the 11 episodes preceding it, however the story from there ended quite alright.
I'll be buying it because I LOVED the first 10 episodes, but I can't say I'll necessarily rewatch those last two. Doesn't feel worth it.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently switching between Naruto, one piece, bleach and steins/gate. Only up to episode 8 of shippuden, 425 of one piece, 206 of bleach and 4 of steins gate. Steins gate is starting off well, but the characters are kind of annoying
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems there is still a. Problem when posting
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished Aquarion and Aquarion:evol

I can't say I am a fan of either, properly will wont watch either again but evol was the worst one, I thought it felt like a cash grab in comparison. however I thought Aquarion story line was interesting I also loved the music for both especially the theme song Sousei no Aquarion. I found the episodic writing got really annoying but i thought the characters were interesting

I think if I liked mecha action shows more i would have found more to enjoy
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul and was cringing over the last couple of episodes. I'll definitely be getting the sequel especially if it comes out in a similar box.

jeff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a rather busy Easter watching anime. First off I finished watching Soul Eater, a show I had put off buying but when I watched it I rather enjoyed it. It could have been a little shorter though & they could have done without those silly Exalibur episodes.

I then watched the Utawarerumono OVA on BD, a fun few OVA eps set somewhere in the original series timeline.

The watched Wizard Barristers on BD, a fun series. You can certainly tell it had the same character designer as the likes of Mezo.

Then watched Soul Eater Not! another fun show set before Soul Eater.

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We finally subbed to Netflix, so I've been enjoying Knights of Sidonia which was an interesting series (and I like the colony ship), 7 Deadly Sins which was fun, and now Blue Exorcist which is good so far (about episode 6).
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished air gear
wow, its been awhile since I enjoyed an anime so much, my sides are hurting for laughing and I was smiling the whole way though so many things done right, the story line was very interesting, jokes were funny and any ecchi was tame and kind of fitting not just put in for the sake of being put in. I loved all the music with some of BGM and the OP as my favorites
kinda surprising since I saw this at sanity for $100 and only knew it was OOP certainly don't mind dropping money now. I am going to be rewatching this for some time to come
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lostone1993 wrote:
just finished air gear
wow, its been awhile since I enjoyed an anime so much, my sides are hurting for laughing and I was smiling the whole way though so many things done right, the story line was very interesting, jokes were funny and any ecchi was tame and kind of fitting not just put in for the sake of being put in. I loved all the music with some of BGM and the OP as my favorites
kinda surprising since I saw this at sanity for $100 and only knew it was OOP certainly don't mind dropping money now. I am going to be rewatching this for some time to come

It really is a shame they never continued, just when the actual storyline was getting really interesting. But I really enjoyed the series for being similar to the game 'Jet Set Raidio' with the tricks and to a lesser extent 'tagging'. One of the bgm songs is actually a remix from JSR.
jeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night I watched Anthem of the Heart on BD, a rather touching & enjoyable movie.

R1 DVDs
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched the first episode of Re:Zero. It's like a more serious take on Konosuba (except the main character didn't die before being sent to the other world). I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Also watched the first episode of The Lost Village. A large cast with a mysterious premise, it's intriguing.

Finally started watching Sound! Euphonium. THe main character, Kumiko reminds me of Ui from K-On, when she puts her hair in a ponytail in the first episode. I like the look, unfortunately it looks like hair-down is the standard for the rest of the series.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
I watched the first episode of Re:Zero. It's like a more serious take on Konosuba (except the main character didn't die before being sent to the other world). I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

just a bit of a warning, I don't know what is in the first episode but if it follows the novels closely this series get dark and pretty messed up quick, if you dislike future diarys sort of dark nature you may not like what you find here

WARNING STORY SPOILERS
one part suburu fails to save someone and get stuck in a loop eventually goes insane from grief, he also does suicide a lot
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've not seen Future Diary. Given what's happened (the main character got killed twice, by the same person), I know it's going in a different direction. When I comapred it to Konosuba, I was basically just talking about the premise; real-world gamer shut-in transplanted to medieval-type world. It's definitely not comedy.
The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet: Far Beyond the Voyage yesterday and today. It's very clearly setting up what would have been the second season. For one, the crew of Gargantia receive an updated map of the world, showing political allegiances; they also salvage an information storage device that they get access to, with schematics for Chamber-like machines.

The ending also hints at the potential of more story, it's just a pity the sequel novels (The Far Land of Encounter) are unlikely to be translated. Though if you want a spoiler, Ledo and Amy get married. Very Happy
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been rewatching Vandread from ep 1 all to the end of second stage. Still a fun series to watch after all this time.

The Tragic Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Though if you want a spoiler, [...]. Very Happy

I should point out, the spoiler is for The Far Land of Encounter books, not the OVA.
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the weekend I watched Psycho Pass 2, a rather enjoyable show. It has some similarity to the plot points in the first series. Although this time Akane actually losses it & gets rather angry, although it doesn't affect her psycho pass reading.

R1 DVDs
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Sword Art Online II part 4 and was really moved to tears by it. I really loved how it focused on Asuna with Kirito being in the background for the main Mother's Rosario arc. The english VA's really were magnificent in that arc. Crying on the train to and from work wasn't what I was expecting. The only problem I had was the abrupt ending of the last ep, though there is an epilogue, setting it up for the movie I think is next.

Thanks MM for doing the invidual vols with boxes for this series.

jeff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched RWBY Vol.3 & oh boy what a ride. It had some good fight scenes but took a much darker turn than what I was expecting. Poor Penny, Pyrrha & Yang.

R1 DVDs
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching 'Say "I Love You"'. Yuumi Nomi (The Cat Returns, Whisper of The Heart) does another excellent soundtrack and the story so far is engaging.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm currently watching Sword Art Online (up to episode 24 now), and enjoying it although it is pulling out various tropes and it reminds me a lot of Hack//Sign.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Werewolfforhire wrote:
I'm currently watching Sword Art Online (up to episode 24 now), and enjoying it although it is pulling out various tropes and it reminds me a lot of Hack//Sign.

I still love .hack//Sign, but this involves more people being affected. Just don't watch Log Horizon. You watch it once and then wished that you hadn't bought it. It was no wonder that the sequel totally bombed.

Watching Sengoku Basara - The Last Party. Had it for awhile but hadn't watched it before starting yesterday on the way home from work.

chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished the Impel Downs arc of one piece, would have to be my favourite arc so far. Finished off steins gate, wasn't really into it for the first 8 episodes but after that loved the rest of the series
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got around to watching Erased, love it. A fantastic series, seen 7 episodes so far. This seasons new shows I'm watching lost village, my hero academia, and twin star exorcist. Also wanting to watch Kaznaiver and Bungo stray dogs
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Sword Art Online 2
I liked but I liked the first season as well, I thought the first half was more interesting but I still really like the second especially with asuna becoming the main.
I do wonder though how many more seasons are we going to get I can't imagine many more, I am also really disliking the more girls that get introduced that like kirito it just feels like author might write into a corner

Finished chakia the coffin princess
this was really enjoyable I loved the characters, the design was interesting and the music wonderfully. I can't wait for season 2
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the first 3 episodes of Gangsta at the recommendation of a friend. I like it. Getting some nice Michiko and Hatchin vibes from it. Dub is great too. Unfortunately, some of the things I've heard about the show's final episodes are less than thrilling. Manglobe basically died right in the middle of making the show after all. But I'm enjoying it thus far. Kind of wish I'd given it a chance back when it was airing.

Also not too long ago I finished Prisma Illya 2wei which, while not anything hugely special, was surprisingly solid and a huge improvement over the first season which I didn't really care for. I actually liked the comedy eps in S1 but in the end it got bogged down by really bad melodrama. 2wei not only had a better balance of serious and funny, but both the drama and the comedy were handled way better. The fanservice is still creepy but the comedy, the action, Kuro and the neat throwbacks to F/SN made it an entertaining watch.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Starting on Aria, and have reserved Silver Spoon at the local library (was initially thinking of No-Rin which they don't have).
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
“Samurai Flamenco”. Despite the cheapness of the animation (lots of off model stuff, some really substandard CG in there too), it was a really enjoyable show. You're lulled into thinking you're watching one type of show, then you're plunged into some sort of satire or deconstruction on tokusatsu hero TV shows, then sentai shows and finally Ultraman shows. Then it switches gears again. I think if don't know much about the tropes of TV tokusatsu, you're not going to find it interesting. It's got a lot of really thoughtful and intriguing stuff to say about the genre and the fandom surrounding it, while walking a fine line balancing absurd humour and drama.

I got the first All the Anime BD box set a while back, but they never solicited the second half. I noticed that set had the French dub and subtitles included as well (as All the Anime have a French video distribution arm called @Anime). So I took the chance of ordering the second BD box set from Amazon.fr and it does indeed have English subs on it. So the only difference with some All the Anime/@Anime BD sets is removable info sheet.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished of Sengoku Basara - The Last Party and it was good, though at the same time disappointing. I was looking for more and unfortunately didn't get it. A few things were tied up, but ultimately not one I can really see myself watching again.

JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been rewatching Eva and just finished off the first 2 vols of it. It's aged a bit, but still isn't bad.

u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Aria and on to Ghost in the Shell: Arise.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching Black Lagoon - Roberta's Blood Trail and am really loving it atm.

The kick in the groin with the shoe knife had me in stitches while going ohhhh!!!!!

jeff

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Due to having a bit of time off work to recover from an operation I got the chance to watch a bit of anime over the last 1/2 a week.

First up was Aldnoah.Zero on BD a rather excellent series, although it seamed to be a little rushed in the end. The main character obviously graduated from the Lelouch/Zero school of military planning, with his seemingly impossible schemes.

Followed that uo with [Black Buttler Book of Circus[/b] on BD. A rather enjoyable dip into the world of Black Butler.

The watched Yamibo this had finally arrived after being on order for soooooo lonnnng. A rather enjoyable series, albeit a little weird at times. Felt sorry of Hazuki at the end though. Had no playback etc issues despite Media Blasters using DVD R discs. The video etc is was about what you would expect from a normal DVD for a show of that vintage.

Lastly watched Ghost in the Shell: New Movie dubbed on DB. A rather excellent dip into the world of Ghost in the Shell & shows the setting up of Section 9. it even finishes similar to how the original movie starts.

R1 DVDs
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally started watching Cowboy Bebop series - had only watched the movie so far.

Page 269 of 273

Jump to: