Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

What anime are you watching right now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 269, 270, 271, 272  Next
What anime are you watching right now?
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatching Overman King Gainer. Still a blast.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not too long ago I finished School-Live (Or Gakkou Gurashi, whatever you want to call it). Really great stuff. Probably one of the best zombie apocalypse stories I've seen in a long time. 9/10

Also not too long ago I finished No-Rin. For an ecchi harem series it was way funnier than it had any right to be. The episode where they start a shady business and the Becky cooking episode in particular had me in stitches. I was also surprised by the fact that the series had a lot of heart. Really solid English dub too. I give it a 7.5/10

As for what else I'm watching I'm in the middle of watching Shinsekai Yori (From the New World). It's an interesting watch but I'm still only about 8 episodes into the series so there isn't a whole lot I can say.

Also doing a re-watch of Nagi no Asukara with the English dub. Beautiful show and probably one Mari Okada's better works along with Toradora and Hanasaku Iroha. I'm not head over heels for the dub but it's a very solid effort. Pretty much what I've come to expect from Bang Zoom these days.

As for currently airing stuff the only shows I'm really caught up with are Sansha Sanyou and My Hero Academia. Sansha Sanyou is pretty generic but all in all it's a fun Slice of Life series. Hero Academia is a really solid battle shonen. Probably one of the better ones I've seen in recent memory. Though I hear that at the pace they're going the best parts of the manga probably won't even be adapted.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently rewatching Rahxephon from the start. I'm currently on vol 5 after watching the previous volumes over the last couple of days. I'm still enjoying it and it's interesting how my perception has changed over the years since I've last watched it fully.

Will have it finished before weeks end and then I'll rewatch the movie and see if I still hold the belief that this series is one of the few that I felt was finished properly with nothing to add.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished rewatching Rahxephon tv series and still rate it very highly. The tension towards the climax was the same as the first time I watched it. I'll rewatch the movie during my 2 days off.

Back rewatching Overman King Gainer and then I'll rewatch Innocent Venus.

SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching Seraph of the End. Great first episode but I'm liking it less as I go along. Started off as Attack on Titan with vampires, but now it's more like Attack on Titan crossed with Blue Exorcist. Only, you know, not as good. Honestly I just don't think the High School setting really meshes well with the post apocalyptic scenario. That being said I love Shinoa and her perpetual smugness.

On top of that, I'm re-watching Clannad! Been a looooong time since I last saw this one. Watching it makes me feel so nostalgic.
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
“Cowboy Bebop”. I originally bought the bought the very out of print Amazon exclusive box set about six months ago as Amazon said it was back in stock. Persistence paid off as it came about four months later. The bonus items, reference sheets and setting materials book and an artbook, are quite nice, though most of that stuff is already in the “Cowboy Bebop Illustrations ~The Wind~” artbook. I hadn’t seen the show for around 15 years. It still holds up really well, even a lot of the CG stuff does. One thing I really noticed was the hand drawn ships and cars. For some reason they looked far more “real” and interesting than the cel shaded CG stuff we see today. The stores mostly hold up as well and the voice acting is top notch. I suppose when it was released it was the tail end of the seiyuu boom of the 1990’s. I also think this is easily Yoko Kanno’s best soundtrack.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished Lord Markman and the Vandis
I already liked this series even with it flaws beforeso not a whole lot to say except I thought the english dub was good this is not a series I would personally recommend but I still think its good

Finished Date alive 2
it was ok both seasons always seem to start off well and interesting but both towards the end I always start becoming bored
I enjoyed the music, BGM and animation but the story with Miku was boring I think my favorite bit s about that arc were with Kurumi

overall I enjoyed but I wont watch it again
jeff
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the first 4 eps of Mekakucity Actors last night. A rather interesting show so far. Less than a minute in it was obvious that this was a Shaft production! A pity that it isn't available on Blu Ray.

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
4 episodes into Absolute Duo. Storywise it's not very good, though I suppose it's not terrible either.

Fanservice is pretty tame aside from a few revealing outfits so there isn't a whole lot to be complain about there. The animation is a bit stiff at times which definitely hurts the action. That aside I love the OP and ED themes. The OP is a really fast paced guitar heavy song by Konomi Suzuki (Who did the OP for No Game No Life) while the EDs are really chill synth heavy songs by the seiyuu.

Dub is okay. Bryn Appril is probably the highlight since she has a very natural cuteness to voice. Still, as much as I like Caitlin Glass, her British accent is really fake. Though the show did say explicitly that she was from England so I can see why they decided on giving her an accent. Not a terrible performance all things considered (Nowhere near as grating as Brittney Karbowski's attempt at a British accent in Infinite Stratos for example) but still pretty phony.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the second DVD disc of Cowboy Bebop borrowed via the local library (actually from a different library but they do inter-library loans which is good).

Enjoying it so far. I'd seen volume one and the Cowboy Bebop movie before, and have some of the music on "Seatbelts Space Bio Charge" 3 CD set.

As it's my fiirst time through, I'm watching with English dub and English subs as well, making it easier to catch everything without needing full concentration.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched "The comic artist and his assistants", which was reasonably good and funny but not anything special.

I'm about to start rewatching Duarara!! having received X2 Sho through the other day, so I thought I might as well watch the first season again.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been watching a bit of Maken-ki! and it's probably one of the more enjoyable ecchi harem shows I've seen. Though I don't have a very high opinion of ecchi harem shows in general so that's not saying a whole lot. Dub's pretty solid though what with Ian Sinclair and Monica Rial in the lead roles. Lots of other great VAs too like Cassandra Lee Morris in her only Funimation role to this day (Who unfortunately didn't return for Season 2), Cherami Leigh, Tia Ballard and Brittney Karbowski. Though it is a bit creepy hearing Scott Freeman play a pervert considering his current situation.

Also watched a bit of Wake Up, Girls! with a friend of mine. It's an okay series so far. Me and her had a good time picking out best girls, having a laugh about the odd bit of contrived drama and poking fun at the terrible animation. The one big gripe I have so far is episode 2. It's obviously got an underlying message speaking out against the messed up stuff about Japan's idol culture but the whole thing is shot like a fanservice scene which is really, really creepy. Don't get wrong, the message totally needed to be said. But they could have handled it so much better.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I rewatched Durarara and watched the first set of second series which was very good.

I'm trying to think of something really funny/silly to watch next as I think I need something to cheer me up given the referendum result here.

I'll be going through my collection later and seeing what's likely to raise a smile.
jeff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last night I watched my recently arrived copy on Blu Ray of a classic Otaku no Video. Just as much fun as I remember it & the restored BD most certainly blows away the DVD version. Is it scary that I can actually remember some of the real international headlines that are shown throughout the show?

R1 DVDs
Current totals DVDs = 3756, Figures = 430, Soundtrack CDs = 1466, Artbooks = 364.
Werewolfforhire
Arumi Asahina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm eagerly awaiting my copy Smile

Hopefully it'll arrive ASAP.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blasted through all of FLCL after picking up the show at Sydnova. Great show. I like the overarching message and the way it's delivered but more to the point it was just a really fun show with some of the craziest animation I've ever seen and a really nice soundtrack (Courtesy of The Pillows who I now feel obligated to give a listen). I give it an 8/10 overall.

Also been watching Michiko and Hatchin which is another great show. In a nutshell it's basically Latin Cowboy Bebop. In addition to being a fantastic series, it's probably one of the best Funimation dubs I've ever heard.

Yet another great show I'm watching at the moment (Albeit not as great as the other two) is Ga-Rei: Zero which I also picked up at Sydnova. It's really gutwrenching and violent so it's definitely not for everyone but I'm a fan. If you want a show that's going to tear out your heart then I definitely recommend it. On a side note, I'm really impressed with Leah Clark and Alexis Tipton's performances.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched Love Live! Sunshine!! 6am this morning. It's good to see it up on AnimeLab so quickly after the Japanese broadcast. Probably getting it straight from Japan, rather than second hand from Funimation.

I wish the rest of AnimeLab's simulcasts were more like this. Due to when I prefer to watch streams, putting it up during the day just makes it seem "late". Now hurry up and announce Danganronpa 3.

I also watched the first episode of ReLife. It appears to have been given the Netflix method of distribution - all episodes available at once.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Your Lie in April dub just got uploaded onto Animelab so I finally decided to sit down and watch the show. 10 episodes in and all I have to say is... why didn't I watch this sooner? This show is absolutely phenomenal. It's rare that I see a music anime that really gets what it's like to be a musician. I know of a few VERY BIG spoilers thanks to an A-Hole on Hummingbird who shall not be named, but even then I can't see them affecting my enjoyment.

Still on the topic of big shows that just got put up on Animelab, Love Live Sunshine!

I stayed up until 1am so I could watch it as soon as it was released and I have to say it more than lived up to the hype. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where this is headed.

Shame about the situation with Funimation. We get the episode only an hour after it airs in Japan (As do our British friends) but over in the US they've got to wait another 5 hours on top of that. Though one advantage of Funi getting the show (Assuming they have the full rights) is the possibility of a broadcast dub. Now that would be cool.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borrowed Azumanga Daioh from the local library and quite enjoying it.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished both seasons of EF
I liked it, It was not funny but kept me interested with the plot developments I am unsure if I will watch it again but it was good while it lasted. I think it maybe one of the most beautiful anime I have seen as well as I love the OP of both seasons
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished watching Your Lie in April on BD. A excellent show, I went into it blind & rather enjoyed it. I did pick the direction the plot was heading towards fairly early on, but it did in a very good manner & the way it ended was done rather well. The level of detail in the animation of the grand piano is amazing.

R1 DVDs
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
u523 wrote:
Borrowed Azumanga Daioh from the local library and quite enjoying it.

Finished it very quickly by my standards, very well bounded (just covering the girls' high school years).
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finished off ReLife. It was good. It was left open ended enough to allow a second season, which I feel it needs; the over-arching plot of the story is the social rehabilitation of Kaizaki and the series ends with that unresolved. Resolving the series, however, would be difficult as the manga is still ongoing.

Crunchyroll also carries the manga; the series passes the point of the manga after 8 or 9 episodes. It would almost be time for CR to put up another volume's worth of chapters. I just wish CR would hurry up and fix their iOS manga app.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just watched Love Live! Sunshine!! episode 2, only took me about an hour. I suspect AnimeLab's servers were given a thrashing from everyone impatient for its release after last week's early release.

If it had gone to Crunchyroll, it would have been up this morning, ready to watch when I got up, but Funimation got its claws into it instead. Gah.

AnimeLab's subtitles don't display the letter μ. I don't know if they were supplied like that or AnimeLab's own encoders couldn't handle it. Hopefully they get that fixed.
SquadmemberRitsu
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
To add insult to injury, Horrible Subs released the episode on nyaa before the clock had even hit 1. I hope the 1 o'clock upload wasn't just a one time thing.

Anyway, it was an amazing episode. Even better than the first ep. The comedy, the drama, everything was just handled so well. As much as I love the franchise as a whole I have to admit Sunshine is getting off to a much better start than the first series. I'm even more excited than I was before to see where this is headed.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished Cowboy Bebop
It was good, not exactly my kind of thing, I did not like how the episodes were more or less unconnected. I liked the characters and setting my biggest grip would be the ending I really dislike where it is up to the watcher what really happened or how the series end
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
had a fairly busy weekend watching anime.

First up was The Boy and the Beast movie on BD, a rather enjoyable movie.

Next up was the Psycho Pass The Movie on BD, a rather enjoyable movie & a good continuation of the series storyline.

Then I watched Gonna be the Twin Tail on BD a rather fun series. Found it amusing the Soji was more interested in his new twin tails than being worried about the fact that he had transformed into a girl!

The I watched the first disc on BD of Yurikuma Arashi certainly a "different" show, strong Utena influences (especially with the same director as Utena), heavy doses of metaphors though out the show, but a enjoyable show none the less.

R1 DVDs
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched today's Re:Zero. What was Subaru doing trying to call out Beetlejuice? Razz

That is all.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watched Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace. I wasn't quite sure if it continued on from the series or was an independant story. Given all the characters and glossing over of (setting) detail, it's fair to say that watching the series beforehand is a good thing. It was good to see Marika started with her original black pirate outfit before debuting the red one that's used in associated artwork.

Last night I watched Love Live! The School Idol Movie. It was fine for what it was. It also neither confirmed nor denied a theory I'd come up with when I watched Sunshine!! episode 1.

Basically the theory was that Riko had been in Maki's class, and her ingroance of shcool idols was feigned. That would have made it two piano players in the one class, so they would definately have to have known about each other, at least.

Points for:
1. Early in Love Live! Otonokizaka is described as having three 3rd year classes, two 2nd year, and one 1st year class.
2. In the early MV and first episode of Sunshine!! Riko has a 1st year ribbon. Riko is in 2nd year in Sunshine!! therefore her ribbon is from last year.
3. Chika's trip to Akiba would have been in her first year. At that time, μ's would have won the second Love Live! and it was likely after their New York shoot, when μ's was everywhere.

Points against:
0.5. Late in the movie, it's clarified that the year ribbons do not rotate with the student, they stay with the year. (In contrast, K-On!'s Sakuragaoka and Bodacious Space Pirates' Hakuoh Academy Yatch Club have colours that stay with the students, reverting to first year when third year graduates.) At the end of the movie, Yukiho and Alisa are wearing third years' green ribbons after having worn first years' blue earlier, so Riko could have transfered from Otonokizaka at any point - but given point 3 above this is unlikely.

I would have liked to have seen a don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it visual cameo from Riko or Chika in the movie, as a baton passing measure.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borrowed K Series Collection from the local library.
chris-of-penrith
Nia Teppelin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watched the first episode of 91 Days, it was great. Looks like it could be the stand out series of the season
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 3 was up this morning. Nice of Mari to get herself appointed the school's director to overrule student council president Dia over the school idol club - even if it came with a condition. Coming from a rich family has privileges.

EDIT - I wonder if last week's delay was due to the subtitle problem mentioned previously.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Started rewatching SAO from start to finish. Hadn't watched the first eps in what felt like ages.

The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Tragic Man wrote:
Basically the theory was that Riko had been in Maki's class, and her ingroance of shcool idols was feigned. That would have made it two piano players in the one class, so they would definately have to have known about each other, at least.

Points for:
1. Early in Love Live! Otonokizaka is described as having three 3rd year classes, two 2nd year, and one 1st year class.
2. In the early MV and first episode of Sunshine!! Riko has a 1st year ribbon. Riko is in 2nd year in Sunshine!! therefore her ribbon is from last year.
3. Chika's trip to Akiba would have been in her first year. At that time, μ's would have won the second Love Live! and it was likely after their New York shoot, when μ's was everywhere.

Points against:
0.5. Late in the movie, it's clarified that the year ribbons do not rotate with the student, they stay with the year. (In contrast, K-On!'s Sakuragaoka and Bodacious Space Pirates' Hakuoh Academy Yatch Club have colours that stay with the students, reverting to first year when third year graduates.) At the end of the movie, Yukiho and Alisa are wearing third years' green ribbons after having worn first years' blue earlier, so Riko could have transfered from Otonokizaka at any point - but given point 3 above this is unlikely.

I would have liked to have seen a don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it visual cameo from Riko or Chika in the movie, as a baton passing measure.

So episode 4 proved this wrong. There's a magazine celebrating Love Live's 5th anniversary which features μ's heavily (although they didn't win the first one) and Dia was a fan of μ's before shunning school idols when she entered high school.

This episode focused on Hanamaru ("Zukamaru" according to Yohane Very Happy) and Ruby. Hanamaru seems to like the picture of Rin in the wedding dress she wore for an event. Before this episode, Hanamaru was a bit of an enigma, now I've got a better handle on the character.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A friend has Netflix so I watched the first two episodes of Knights of Sidonia with him.

We'll probably watch the rest over the coming weeks.

I also told him about the upcoming series "Blame" by the same team also due for Netflix release.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched Danganronpa 3 (Future) this morning... I seriously hope that fake-out at the start wasn't purely for the "benefit" of viewers. There should be a good story-based reason for it.
u523
Kuu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally purchased Gosick Series Collection from Shin Tokyo.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished kokoro connect
that was a really good series, thought it saddens me that the end of the books is not far off the anime Sad

I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters see actually character growth and change(in a relatively short series) is something kinda rare in anime at least in my experience

I love the VA especially given some of my favorites were in there

I will watch it again
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love Live! Sunshine!! ep 7. Another Kanan-less episode. Also - a rival group appears! Aqours' equivalent to A-RISE, Saint Snow seems to be a duo. At least, that's all who appeared.

I half-expected/wanted Nozomi to make a cameo appearance at the shrine. Instead, that's where we met Saint Snow.
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the weekend I watched part 2 of Cross Ange on BD. It is very easy to see where it gets it R18+ Australian rating. A excellent show with a rather nice soundtrack (pity it isn't available other than as part of the P1 & P4 vols of the Jp BD & DVD release).

R1 DVDs
Greoboruri
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Wake Up, Girls! - Seven Idols" movie and "Wake Up, Girls!" TV series. Quite an interesting idol anime for a number of reasons. First is it isn't a fantasy like a lot of idol multimedia franchises. For the most part it's fairly realistic it terms of what the girls go through in being local idols.

The setting is also a major change with nearly all of the action being within Miyagi Prefecture, mostly in Sendai. Surprisingly the show touches on the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami. One episode has the girls going to Kesennuma, a tiny town which was majorly effected by the tsunami. They also mentioned the temporary accommodation in Ishinomaki (a town I went to in late 2015, passing through Sendai station and it's city centre, which the animators have replicated very faithfully). It's little wonder the tsunami devastated the region because the farming areas are just so flat and open, right out to the ocean. There's no resistance for a major tsunami for literally kilometres.

The third thing which impressed me was the none too subtle portrayal and criticism of AKB48 and it's creator Yasushi Akimoto (I-1 Club and Toru Shiraki in the show). Really surprised there wasn't more made of this when it was broadcast.
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just finished no-rin
frankly I am not fussed with it, I like the story behind it but it has so much fan service and ecchi that I could not enjoy it. I am unsure how to describe this the fanservice felt like it had been forcefully added in not natural say like Highschool DXD and that is something I really dislike

I doubt I will watch it again
strideryb
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just finished Spice and Wolf collection.
Really enjoyed the first season with the trade based stories. Not so much the Second season - found it much slower going and had to force myself to finish.
Typhrus
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I've been watching several different anime over the last few months. Most of them have been of the middling sort. Entertaining, but not much other substance to them.

Of the most recent I've finished was Heavy Object.
I quite enjoyed it for its entertainment value and the vague notions of world where nations own small parcels of land around the planet. While the geo-politics is not as well executed as say Gundam 00 or Code Geass, it still made for interesting viewing. I found the fan service to be a detraction from the overall plot of the series, so that its probably really the only big negative against the show.
The Tragic Man
Tomoyo Daidouji

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Danganronpa 3 Despair episode 10.

*sniff*
lostone1993
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
finished aldnoah zero
I did not really like it, there were lots of bits I did like but on the whole. I felt the story was rushed I think it needed more then 24 episodes as well as the characters felt like they did not really develop. it felt like it was try to get something like code geass but it never got there

I did however love the battle bits and the music is wonderful, the animation looked good

I am unsure whether I will watch it again

Finished rosario + vampire + season 2
well its been a while since I have seen an anime that only takes the blurb from the manga Laughing I picked it up on a whim and it got me interested in the manga was certainly a surprise when I saw how different the two were

now the anime it just average nothing special I found it enjoyable but it repeats the same gag though all 24 episode with only a change in setting got pretty tiring by the end but I enjoyed it I would not recommend buying it unless you have some cash that needs burning but at the same time I can easily think of worse
jeff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the weekend I watched the <harmony> movie on bd. A rather excelent movie. A "thinking" anime, one to show people who think anime is all about fan service etc.

R1 DVDs
strideryb
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished the first season on Nisekoi: False Love today.

Enjoyed it more than I was expecting for a Harem series. Plot was totally predictable, but the fan service was minimal, and like some of the characters. Definitely pick up the 2nd season in November.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rewatched Ergo Proxy and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though it was a bit darkish, it had a relatively good ending. It would've been interesting if a sequel was done, but after 10 years, I can't see that happening.

Decided to have a rewatch of Read or Die OVA.

I need more different titles to watch, but with a lot of sub only releases of titles I want to watch in english, I'm hunting up older titles.

jeff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Over the weekend I watched Strike Witches: the Movie on BD. A enjoyable & fun if not a little predicatable continuation from the second season.

I then watched the first disc of The Perfect Insider on BD, a rather interesting & enjoyable murder mystery so far, looking foraward to watching the last disc tonight.

R1 DVDs

Page 270 of 272

Jump to: