Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Why is Madman re-releasing the MHA sets?

Why is Madman re-releasing the MHA sets?
Author
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Why is Madman re-releasing the MHA sets? Reply with quote
Just noticed this now that you guys are re-releasing them in US packaging. Kind of disappointed this is happening seeing as I already own S1 & 2 released by Sony/Universal.

Does this mean that future releases of MHA will have the US packaging?
IForgotMyUsername
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Universal Sony originally released it because Funimation utilised their US distributors (Universal for S1, Sony for S2) to release it here in Australia (via Universal Sony).

Since Madman now has a distribution deal with Funimation, the original USPHE releases are no longer in print, as Madman has taken over the distribution of Funimation titles in Australia.

With the US packaging, I assume Madman will reprint it, like was done with Season 3 Part 1 and Season 3 Part 2. The US release is region A locked, so Madman would have to reprint the discs, and therefore no slipcovers, and the covers will also be reprinted.
Speeny
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
IForgotMyUsername wrote:
Universal Sony originally released it because Funimation utilised their US distributors (Universal for S1, Sony for S2) to release it here in Australia (via Universal Sony).

Since Madman now has a distribution deal with Funimation, the original USPHE releases are no longer in print, as Madman has taken over the distribution of Funimation titles in Australia.

With the US packaging, I assume Madman will reprint it, like was done with Season 3 Part 1 and Season 3 Part 2. The US release is region A locked, so Madman would have to reprint the discs, and therefore no slipcovers, and the covers will also be reprinted.

I see. Well, I guess it's up to me whether to keep the Australian releases or not. Might be cool to just have them.
It'll be annoying if/once they print the season 3 stuff as US copies only.
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the quickest way for us to be able to release it in market due to the hand over.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: