Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Why do you like Naruto????

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Why do you like Naruto????
Author
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CheshireCat wrote:
And I thought I was odsessed with anime. Laughing

It was only giving a few names, like general information! Believe me, theres worse out there Cool

But yeah, I like Naruto...*points to forum handle
CheshireCat
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's the kind of anime you could get hooked on Wink

PS: I know there are worse out there. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rasengan wrote:
[..]

It was only giving a few names, like general information! Believe me, theres worse out there Cool

I'f I'd watched it at all recently and hadn't quit when the fillers started I would have been able to give the names too Razz
Cobizah
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to have a shot at staying on topic and answering the question...

I guess I like Naruto for the fight scenes, much like Dragonball Z. I really enjoy the manga, probably more than the anime, and that says a lot for the manga-ka's ability to draw still frame panels well, and making them not look static. It's an action anime fore me Razz
Bakamuun
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do you like Naruto???? Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
I haven't yet seen the series. I just want to know what you all think of it.

Naruto is one of the coolest manga/anime seies ever. If you didn't like it, I would scream................................................................. jk.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Why do you like Naruto???? Reply with quote
Bakamuun wrote:
[..]

Naruto is one of the coolest manga/anime seies ever. If you didn't like it, I would scream................................................................. jk.

I don't like it. Only joking I think it is okay.
Inupapa
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really like it because.... hmm.. its just a great storyline with interesting characters.
And the manga just rox!

I only like it in its pure form though, both japanese anime and manga only for me. Smile I don't like the english versions, they are so butchered in my opinion.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Inupapa wrote:

I only like it in its pure form though, both japanese anime and manga only for me. Smile I don't like the english versions, they are so butchered in my opinion.

Is that sum weeaboo?
Inupapa
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]

Is that sum weeaboo?

lol what?
DesertEagle
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
music
most characters and their development
story

they put in some very nice emotional bits......*sob* i cried, this is one series that i cried on, fruits basket, air and maybe in haibane renmai are the only ones i ever shed a tear thats just how great they are.
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]

Is that sum weeaboo?

No he is cool.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr popo wrote:
[..]

No he is cool.

Dude he callse the untranslated version its 'pure form' that sounds damm weeabooish to me.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like Naruto because its pretty easy to watch, has flashy fight scenes and bright characters.
Admittedly I have only seen the 3 volumes Madman have released so far so the story proper has not kicked in yet (nor the filler)

I do love the way that Naruto and Sasuke play off each other in these early episodes, It's like their desire to compete with each other makes them both stronger.

as much as I hate linking to UD
Weeaboo
Mr popo
Nene Romanova

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]

Dude he callse the untranslated version its 'pure form' that sounds damm weeabooish to me.

A weird way to put it, but he is right
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The manga would be closer to it's "pure" form, the anime is an adaption not the original (in any language).

either way... it's a fun show so who cares??
Inupapa
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
'She' its 'she!'

Yes I call the anime in japanese more pure than the english version, for obvious reasons. The manga is another side of the story, it in its original language is the purest. lol. Razz
I love watching and reading both.

btw, I did say 'in my opinion' meaning, its my opinion, not something for you to bite back about.

And No I'm not obsessed with japan and trying to be japanese. I'm not someone who pronounces things wrong or uses japanese words in random english sentences. I tend to kill those people.
Seriously, If im reading the manga in japanese and watching it in japanese, no subtitles. I think i'd know a thing or two about the language, pronunciation, etc.

And thats one of the reasons i dont like the english version. The pronunciation on almost everything is off.

This is all my thoughts and opinions, everyone has different ones, live with it, this is my own. Smile
Tapanga-Chestnut
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yaoihost wrote:
Enough Said!!

Believe It!! (********)

OMG that is sooooo cool!!!

I have really begun to enjoy it I have only seen the first 3 discs.........I love Kokashi (again sorry for bad spelling) and Soauske.
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Inupapa wrote:
If im reading the manga in japanese and watching it in japanese, no subtitles. I think i'd know a thing or two about the language, pronunciation, etc.

Hahahahaha, and you expect me to belive you're not a weeaboo?

*sigh*

yeah.... sure ok.

Its what is pretty much a dumb action show. Who cares about the pronounciation of names?
Tapanga-Chestnut
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]

Hahahahaha, and you expect me to belive you're not a weeaboo?

*sigh*

yeah.... sure ok.

Its what is pretty much a dumb action show. Who cares about the pronounciation of names?

I have to agree with Benza.......for an english speaking voice actor to even get it to sound like something cool, would be hard.....so I say they did a good job....this coming from someone who attempted learning Japanese.....pronounciation is hard
Glorfindel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Tapanga: FWI, its Kakashi and Sasuke. Wink
Tapanga-Chestnut
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glorfindel wrote:
@Tapanga: FWI, its Kakashi and Sasuke. Wink

he he he Thanks...I wasn't too far off.....lol
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i liked naruto because of its mostly interesting story and some of the fight scenes, dispite what im about to say i did quite enjoy the series and it is worth watching

although i didnt completely 'like' it, it was okay to me, in regards to the dbz vs naruto fight scenes i feel average fighting is far better with dbz but when u compare the best fight scenes of each anime, naruto comes out on top by far, fights like gaara vs lee and sasuke vs naruto were exceptional, at least part of em were, ud then get flash backs in the middle of fights and the rest of the fights were average stuff,

personally i found naruto to be average because for every thing i liked or thought alright in naruto i found one or two things i hated such as the abnormally low quality of the fillers (fillers are rarely as good as the normal stuff, but cmon, their not usually THAT bad) and i personally hate the main characters (naruto, sasuke and sakura) but ill reframe from giving explanations unless someone wants to know or theres a thread about what u dont like about naruto, after all this is about what u like about naruto

(also ive heard a couple bleach vs naruto arguments, my 2 cents, bleach is better)

all of this is my opinion, question it if u will, but dont hate me for it
Malicious_Ninja
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Idont really watch the anime but I do enjoy the manga the fight scenes are awsome for a manga Razz

(and nobody can convince me that Naruto anime is better then bleach anime)

Howeveri prepher naruto manga to the bleach manga strange that huh Very Happy
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the whole Naruto Vs Bleach thing is pointless, one is aimed at kids and the other at an older audience.
Blue Hiker
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh Viking, what have you done? Laughing

I'm not sure if you were being entirely serious in bringing it up, but both Naruto and Bleach are aimed primarily at kids in Japan. Razz Bleach actually airs earlier in the evening than Naruto does.
Mad Anime Fan
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With Naruto I remain undecided on it still maybe when the time warp thing happens characters grown a little, more story and characters established ect.

Right now not too interesting but it has some moments I admit.
Viking
Akiha Tohno

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blue Hiker wrote:
I'm not sure if you were being entirely serious in bringing it up

The good news is I was entirely serious....
The bad news is I had mixed up Bleach and Basilisk....

I blame old age and the fact that I have seen more anime than any sane person should have, It's all starting to run together....

Now you kids get off my lawn, or something.
I think i'll just go lay down for a bit Confused
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:

although i didnt completely 'like' it, it was okay to me, in regards to the dbz vs naruto fight scenes i feel average fighting is far better with dbz but when u compare the best fight scenes of each anime, naruto comes out on top by far, fights like gaara vs lee and sasuke vs naruto were exceptional, at least part of em were, ud then get flash backs in the middle of fights and the rest of the fights were average stuff,

I disagree with everything you just said.

"IMA CHARGIN MY LAZER!" is like 1000 times worse then the flashbacks, the fights in DBZ are pathetic. They generaly consist of 3 or 4 frames repeated really really quick followed by 3 eppisodes of Goku charging his lazer.
DesertEagle
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Benza wrote:
[..]

I disagree with everything you just said.

"IMA CHARGIN MY LAZER!" is like 1000 times worse then the flashbacks, the fights in DBZ are pathetic. They generaly consist of 3 or 4 frames repeated really really quick followed by 3 eppisodes of Goku charging his lazer.

totally agreed at least the flashbacks in some cases has significant reasononing for it being there(and not boring like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KAAAAAAAAAAMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII-HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA-MMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAIIIIIHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! for about 5 eps). but to be sure what flashback are we talking about the one like naruto vs sasuke or the flashbacks that is done to explain a bit of the battle we just saw? or both?
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DesertEagle wrote:
the one like naruto vs sasuke or the flashbacks that is done to explain a bit of the battle we just saw? or both?

They all suck just as hard, so it doesn't really make a diffrence.
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
flashbacks im alright with if they fit well and they are short/to the point, but naruto uses flashbacks too often imo, alot of the time stopping 2 enemies in their tracks just to talk about their lifes story for an episode or 2, my main quib is with the flashbacks about secondary characters (sure, give em some character but I donít want to know the lifes story of people we hardly see), they go on far too long and i really didint care especially since i was already in the mood for a fight scene (eg: sakura vs ino),

im gonna retrack what i said b4 cause i havnt seen dbz in a while and can only remember fights that i thouht were good and ive been seeing the naruto fillers lately and even if the fights in the fillers were 'technically' better than dbz i still hated them

i still retain thou that when comparing the best fight scenes between dbz and naruto, naruto is far far better with smooth animation and exciting action

ps: as im in the middle of fillers for naruto i may have forgotten what the normal stuff is like so i may change my opinion when i see the normal stuff again
DesertEagle
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:
flashbacks im alright with if they fit well and they are short/to the point, but naruto uses flashbacks too often imo, alot of the time stopping 2 enemies in their tracks just to talk about their lifes story for an episode or 2, my main quib is with the flashbacks about secondary characters (sure, give em some character but I donít want to know the lifes story of people we hardly see), they go on far too long and i really didint care especially since i was already in the mood for a fight scene (eg: sakura vs ino),

im gonna retrack what i said b4 cause i havnt seen dbz in a while and can only remember fights that i thouht were good and ive been seeing the naruto fillers lately and even if the fights in the fillers were 'technically' better than dbz i still hated them

i still retain thou that when comparing the best fight scenes between dbz and naruto, naruto is far far better with smooth animation and exciting action

ps: as im in the middle of fillers for naruto i may have forgotten what the normal stuff is like so i may change my opinion when i see the normal stuff again

yea to many flashbacks ... goddamn sakura and ino fight, i don't mind the short flashbacks of how move was done but the full insignificant eps of flashbacks >_>.

DBZ is much worse than flashbacks at least flashbacks may hold a slight bit of story, or just more character development.

yes naruto fights>dbz fights

fillers suck xD its over BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA next week the 2nd part to the anme YAY ....... then uni >_>
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DesertEagle wrote:

yea to many flashbacks ... goddamn sakura and ino fight, i don't mind the short flashbacks of how move was done but the full insignificant eps of flashbacks >_>.

DISAGREE!

I much prefer the flashbacks that are actual new content, like them as kids and stuff, to them doing something, then showing what they did like 5 minutes ago and spend another 5 minutes explaining it.

WE GET IT! SASUKE COPPIED ROCK LEE! YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND 15 MINUTES HAVING THREE DIFFRENT CHARECTERS TELL US!
DesertEagle
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ hehe

well everyone is entitled to what they like or don't like, but you are right sasuke copied lee explanation......i mean WTF still its better than some of the others again the ino vs sakura one, i'm sure most people would have picked up that they use to be friends and are rivals since they both like sasuke, if not then you will have to be very stupid. it was usless char devel imo for those two.

.......god damn server congestion i'm d/l ep 220 at 5kbs Sad{|=
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think something that everyone can agree on is "thank god the fillers are over!" i honestly stopped at ep194 and refuse to watch any more, but i really look forward to how the characters in naruto 2 have changed and grown up (especially the immature and idiotic naruto)

on a slight dbz and naruto note, does anyone notice how similar the releasing of dragonball and naruto are? they both started out in manga as just 'dragonball' and 'naruto' and was about when the characters were kids, then they had the anime titles with the same name, but then the manga get to a time skip and come back when everyones grown up but still keep the original names, but when the anime comes to the time skip the names change hence 'dragonball z' and 'naruto: shippuden' i wonder if naruto will have a third series filled only with filler like 'dragonball gt' sorry if this has been already discussed
Benza
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
exe3 wrote:

on a slight dbz and naruto note, does anyone notice how similar the releasing of dragonball and naruto are? they both started out in manga as just 'dragonball' and 'naruto' and was about when the characters were kids, then they had the anime titles with the same name, but then the manga get to a time skip and come back when everyones grown up but still keep the original names, but when the anime comes to the time skip the names change hence 'dragonball z' and 'naruto: shippuden' i wonder if naruto will have a third series filled only with filler like 'dragonball gt' sorry if this has been already discussed

Wow, talk about superficial simmilarities.
filter
Melfina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i luv animated gifs
WinG_ZerO_83
Lin Minmay

Location: "The Dark Side of Somewhere in Between" i.e. Beachmere Again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
cos N1NJ45 pwn PR14735 1111!!!!!!!zomg!1!1!!11eleventyone!!!!1!!1111!!!!
nah seriously its a cool show, rasengan is AWESOME an kakashi is so laidback-deadpan/badass.

MORE NEXT TIME !
Tech Hiro
Doraemon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kakashi is awsome....... I hope they tell us how he got his sharingan
I love Ramen to.

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
kbz333
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey fiter, you aren't allowed to have gifs on here - please reread the rules... Razz
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tech Hiro wrote:
I love Ramen to.

they do in the manga, though I don't follow it, I don't even follow the anime anymore Laughing stopped after ep194, so many wasted days on those fillers :'(
kbz333
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tech Hiro wrote:
I love Ramen to.

ohs they do, they do...tis interesting Wink i'm not gonna say cause it would ruin it for others and i love ramen too Very Happy
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kbz333 wrote:
[..]

ohs they do, they do...tis interesting Wink i'm not gonna say cause it would ruin it for others and i love ramen too Very Happy

i read what happens on wikipedia and it sure didn't sound interesting the usual 'omg i'm gonna die so i'll give you, my bestest friend in the whole wide world something special cause your cool...my eye' Laughing
kbz333
Kiichi Goto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
still, tis a gift, a good gift, a useful gift, like scar and his bro in FMA...
Cobizah
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kbz333 wrote:
still, tis a gift, a good gift, a useful gift, like scar and his bro in FMA...

...You call that a good gift? o_O

So when does the filler start, exactly? Because the thing I like most about Naruto *points to forum handle* is the Chuunin exams! (Yeah...I haven't seen very many eps yet Razz) And I don't want it to just fade away into filler after that...like the Konohamaru episode, that was boring...
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Naruto is more or less filler free except for a mini filler arc just before the final arc after that it's all fillers (around ep 125 or 135 onwards, i forget lol) so feel free to dive right into Naruto Shippuden after that

/edit

after ep135 Naruto is only fillers
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Filler Episodes are 136-220.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that's what I said! >.<
klown911_2002
BT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually gave a point where it stops though.

Jin-Roh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
exe3
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
but Naruto ends at ep220 so my comment was valid Sad

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: