Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Midori Days

Midori Days
Author
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Midori Days Reply with quote
This thread is on Midori Days, a new series done by Studio Periot (FMP Fumoffu etc) and released by Animeworks which also is releasing Invader Zim.

This series is about a school punk by the Seiji "Mad Dog" Sawamura who due to his violent ways can't score a girlfriend. That is until he wakes up with a naked girl replacing his Demon Right Hand. The girls name is Midori and this series is about his adventures involving Midori, who's now fully clothed, and trying to find a way to get her back in her comatose body.....which is also naked.. Very Happy She by the way has had a crush on him for a long time and this is also her chance to be with him.

I recently bought vol 1 of this series and find it good enough to deserve a top 10 ranking in my collection. I'm largely suprised by this as I wasn't expecting such a large impact and now find myself dreading the 2 month wait between each volume. There's 3 volumes in total by the way. Besides it being different due to Midori, I found it funny and heartwarming. It's a similar sort of situation that Kei and Mizuho find themselves in with Please Teacher without the violence.

So, I would like to know what other peoples opinions on this series is.

vol 1

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool

ive seen the whole series and i quite enjoyed it ^_^

Its pretty good and also trying to keep the whole thing a secret and clothes lol

ive read some of the manga before hand and it keeps pretty close to the manga although from what i read to what i saw they go thru it a lil bit faster but still the main story and events are pretty much there and there are 13 eps, yeah about that

i liked the ending of the series as well
moKAZ
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've watched it as well and it's a pretty good shows to come out of recent.

it's light hearted, yet has its deep moments where it needs. Most importantly, throughout the episodes, the characters tend to grow on you.

and for what it is, it tends to have rather drastic fan service, although not many like some other shows. Wink

I'll buy it if it gets a local release.
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
moKAZ wrote:
I've watched it as well and it's a pretty good shows to come out of recent.

it's light hearted, yet has its deep moments where it needs. Most importantly, throughout the episodes, the characters tend to grow on you.

and for what it is, it tends to have rather drastic fan service, although not many like some other shows. Wink

I'll buy it if it gets a local release.

yeah they grew on me as well, wondering what would happen at the end and in the final eps what would actually happen and how things would end up and i was pleased with it
supra
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually wasnt a fan for this series, it just didnt 'click'. Half the time i fell asleep but thats just my personal opinion

BTW there is BOOBIES in this (unless it has been cut out) Wink
Tony
浜崎 あゆみ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen a couple of episodes, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the DVD release here. ^_^
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The novelty kind of wore off for me after episode 3. The whole "girl on the right hand" thing is too much of a euphemism for masturbation for my liking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Matty-chan^_^
Mizuho Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
enjoyed the anime a great deal

Kei - Sensei...Sensei...Sensei ga..Sukida
Mizuho - Watashimo
Kei - Demo...Gomen...Gomen...Sensei
El_Haroldo
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My little bro told me he saw a few episodes of this subbed at Manifest 2004. Only it was called 'Midori No Hibi'. Apparently it's pretty funny and I wouldn't mind checking it out, any confirmed news of a local release?
Franky01
He's the man.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The anime was decent, i wouldn't exactly spend my money on it. It lacked the flagrant boob shots and the best character "Lucy" shown in the manga, which makes me a sad panda.

Proud Member of Typhoon LongWang

Twister.
Matty-chan^_^
Mizuho Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Matty-chan^_^ wrote:
enjoyed the anime a great deal

mmm i was going to say more to that....what was i thinking at the time

anyway Midori no Hibi Rocks ^_^
an yes while it dose have the undertone theme of "girl on the right hand" they never really pay any attetion to it in stead it is more about the situation comedy of Seiji trying to keep it all a secret from everyone Razz

but while i do enjoy this anime i have to say the Manga is just even better more characters, more comedy, abit more plot ^_^

Kei - Sensei...Sensei...Sensei ga..Sukida
Mizuho - Watashimo
Kei - Demo...Gomen...Gomen...Sensei
Mr. Wendal
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Midori Days Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
That is until he wakes up with a naked girl replacing his Demon Right Hand.

Right .... some time anime is too wierd even for me.
Kero-chan
Priss Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tony wrote:
I've seen a couple of episodes, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the DVD release here. ^_^

Has it been licensed, or are you hoping/assuming it will be in the future?
Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I adore this show (despite the out-of-place fanservice). Also, every girl I know who has watched it adores it, as well. It's just the right balance of "romantic" and "comedy" to appeal to everyone.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Midori Days Reply with quote
Mr. Wendal wrote:
JESTER wrote:
That is until he wakes up with a naked girl replacing his Demon Right Hand.

Right .... some time anime is too wierd even for me.

If you watched 5 minutes of it, you'd be hooked. I showed Axtyon the last couple of mins from ep 1 + the EP of it and he was begging me to let him watch it. He was laughing at me a few minutes earlier when I told how much I dread to 2 month wait for each vol.

This isn't as weird as some of the anime I've seen, but it sure makes an interesting twist. I'm hoping that by the end of the series, that it won't just be a happy together ending. I'm hoping that they'll be shagging by the end of it if the first vol has anything to go by.

When travelling, set no limits. Just experience it, live the moment and enjoy the ride.
Darth Tallis
Van Fanel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
StorminNorman wrote:
The whole "girl on the right hand" thing is too much of a euphemism for masturbation for my liking.

That sounds rather funny after some of the fan drawn pictures I've come across. Razz

But any way, I've been wanting to watch this series for a while now. Just the idea of having a girl suddenly appear where your hand used to be is so weird , it's ammusing. Smile
moKAZ
Doraemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read the manga as well, but for me, I enjoyed the anime version better because it put more focus on small set of characters which just got enough exposure for you to care for.

Manga (towards the later half) turned into another Love Hina-ish tone for me where there was just too much happening all over the place and I thought it started to lose focus.

I just think Anime version is more finely summarised version of the manga.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Volume 2 finally showed up yesterday and promptly went in my dvd player. A bit more nudity but some funny situations as well as some heartwarming moments.

Seiji is of course clueless to some things, but then again, he might not be and only doing his bit for Midori. A worthy follow on from the first dvd.

Madman will be starting its release of this series in October I think, so I highly recomend getting it.

Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bit of news at hand - Midori Days will also be featured at MIFF

DVD release to follow 2nd half of 2005.
gannon
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Franky01 wrote:
and the best character "Lucy" shown in the manga, which makes me a sad panda.

That was the American chick, right?

Read the manga of this and loved it, can't wait for a dvd or manga release here.
kutan
Hajime Saitou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: oh yes! Reply with quote
midori days.. lol i got the set here actually good i came here kinda forgot its in my collection thanks for the reminder and its a really funny show too...nothing like seeing some relativly everyday situations its cool Smile
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: oh yes! Reply with quote
kutan wrote:
midori days.. lol i got the set here actually good i came here kinda forgot its in my collection thanks for the reminder and its a really funny show too...nothing like seeing some relativly everyday situations its cool Smile

Bootlegs are nothing to be proud of and soo far from what I can tell, you pretty much only own bootlegs.

For those who like me were having trouble finding Midori Days on dvdpacific, it's up on the website as Midori no Hibi. I'll let Sandy from dvdpacific know about it.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=663685

wariomona
Lin Minmay

Location: Umm.. let's see ... LOOK! There's a human! You don't see those everyday!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just saw the first episode this morning. And now I'm interested in collecting it Laughing !
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vol 3 arrived today and promptly went into my dvd player. The ending was a bit different to what I envisioned but I liked how it turned out.

Even with the nudity spread out thru the 3 dvd's, this series is heartwarming and at times amusing.

Definitely one to keep an eye out for since it's getting a local release in September/October this year.

Mr Waffle
TEH WAFFLES!!11!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JESTER wrote:
Even with the nudity spread out thru the 3 dvd's, this series is heartwarming and at times amusing.

Yeah, iirc there is one or two spots of it every episode. To be honest, I think it's the series only negative point (every girl I've shown the series to has loved it, but I imagine nudity may put some people off).

Still, it's a brilliant show. I love it to death~
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr Waffle wrote:
JESTER wrote:

Yeah, iirc there is one or two spots of it every episode. To be honest, I think it's the series only negative point (every girl I've shown the series to has loved it, but I imagine nudity may put some people off).

Still, it's a brilliant show. I love it to death~

My sister had enjoyed vol 1 despite the nudity just as she liked Mahoromatic. She's showing up this weekend and no doubt she'll most likely replay vol 3 a few times.

jyrds
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
YES!!! Midori no Hibi is really good. So much funny stuff!!;D
Smeg
Shana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
At one time.... a long time ago (yes this anime is pretty old) it was one of my fav's...... Mmm might go back and watch it all again Razz

"Don't give me any of that 'Star Trek' crap. It's too early in the morning." - Dave Lister
mrgazpacho
Koyomi Mizuhara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smeg wrote:
this anime is pretty old

It only ran last year! Exclamation
jyrds
Lin Minmay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well to some people that old.
Seiji III
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Midori Days Reply with quote
This is an anime I can't wait to watch! I must get the box set for christmas!!!
I say this is so gonna be one of the juciest anime I have ever seen in my whole life!!!!!!!!!!
Seiji III
Doraemon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Midori Days Reply with quote
I wonder what will happen when Seiji finds out his right hand is gone for now and is been replaced by a minature Midori?
speedfreek19
Itsuki Koizumi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seiji, please refrain from double posting and just edit your previous post

as for me i look forward to buying the boxset in january thats for sure =D
Evilkon
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally got myself to order Midori no Hibi vol.3 during the $10 sale. Very Happy Truth be told, I don't think it's the best anime ever, but I do really enjoy it and I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone. Very Happy

-Fruits Basket-

[I survived 6-7 hours into the madgate]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Trunks0bsessed
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I absolutely love this series. Anime and Manga. The manga is probably one of my favourite series of all. Ever since I read the back on the first DVD I knew I had to have it Twisted Evil

I love Ayase's day dreams in the anime Laughing

At the moment I've introduced it to my best friend, who's not an avid anime watcher and after the first DVD she was begging me to let her borrow my box set to watch the rest.
JESTER
Ruri Hoshino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My sisters friend Dale who came down with her for Supanova wanted to grab it, but in the end decided to buy it later. He did like the first ep that I showed him on the way to nova, but with a bunch of old fogies around, we couldn't have it too loud. Wink

I also have to mention that my sister did manage to watch vol 3 of Midori Days a few times and I can't be certain if she has a copy of the series or not. After all, there's no way she's getting mine. Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: